• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I've watched two Bayonetta reaction videos and both included a statement tantamount to "**** you Dark Pit" for the like two seconds he's in the trailer lol

I dare say this one might not be as missed as other vets if when he gets the axe.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I've watched two Bayonetta reaction videos and both included a statement tantamount to "**** you Dark Pit" for the like two seconds he's in the trailer lol

I dare say this one might not be as missed as other vets if when he gets the axe.
People still complain about him and Lucina.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
BluePikmin is our prophet. All hail BluePikmin!!!
To be fair, Bayo wasn't toned down.

I re-watched the trailer and no way in hell is the game going to remain E-10+. T at minimum.

Considering Bayonetta's outfit, trophies and the things you can do with the camera.

:231:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Again im hype for both characters.We get another FE character so yeah fates is just looking better to me.Cant wait for it.While i dont buy she won the ballot i love we the fact we got another 3rd party.Also both come out in my birth month.Hyppe

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So I'm just noticing that not only did they add Cloud (both regular and his Advent Children render) and the FF logo, but they also added in all the summons on Midgar as online profile icons. I thought it was a nice touch.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To be fair, Bayo wasn't toned down.

I re-watched the trailer and no way in hell is the game going to remain E-10+. T at minimum.

Considering Bayonetta's outfit, trophies and the things you can do with the camera.

Nah she doesn't get as naked and sweary.

Upsetting, but at least she didn't bring her nightmare giant's legs and that itty bitty head of hers.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I wonder how

the corrin amiibo will work in fe:fates

It's not confirmed if it'll work, but what if? Would you recruit another Corrin? Would it just not work?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So. Can someone help me with this? I can't find info if Famicom ROB Amiibo will release in Europe. I fear it may only be in the US. D:

I need that ROB as well.

D

Deleted member

Well, there's a reason Neogaf bans people who use the word 'waifu' or 'trap'. :p
Smh Neogaf kinkshaming me :/ :/
Think of Corrin as Palkia.

Dragon/Water typing.

Boom.

I can't velieve they added Palkia
We all know Giratina is superior!
I wonder how

the corrin amiibo will work in fe:fates

It's not confirmed if it'll work, but what if? Would you recruit another Corrin? Would it just not work?
You recruit an opposite-gender version of your Corrin that has chosen to SMASH!
"You mean you ditched your two families to fight against some monkeys and plumbers?"
"Yup!"
And thus making Corrincest possible

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well we got the predicted Knucles and Tails costumes.

I wonder if Smash 5 will ascend a costume to full character like Brawl did the Charizard and 4 to Little Mac.

Ryu and Little Mac's rivaly is so strong they're doing it in someone else's poster
Mii costumes I think are likely to be their own characters in SSB5...

Heihachi
Inkling
King K. Rool
Takamaru
Toad

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
After reflecting for a night and reviewing my initial reaction post, I stand by it. This did come out of nowhere and I have zero personal investment in any of the characters (and a bit less in the ballot winner). Not salty, just mildly disappointed that my expectations weren't set properly.

Gameplay-wise, I got Cloud already and he's pretty fun, and Corrin looks pretty interesting as well. I'll almost certainly skip out on Bayo though (it'll certainly improve the Wii U CSS). In any case, I'm staying far away from Smash 5 speculation, because we're all horrible at it and there's no reason to get hopes too high again.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if everyone buys the Geno costume it'll convince Squeenix there's still life in the character. I bought the whole set of SE stuff in any case.

D

Deleted member

Maaaaaaaan that's Cloud's content is underwhelming.

I'm in fond of his playstyle, but, ONLY 2 TRACKS ON MIDGAR ?
And NO OTHER TROPHY than Cloud's 3 regular ones ?

It's Pokémon Company's overprotection all over again.

I also still hope for DLC characters to have their custom moves in the very end.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I'm still curious if Codename Steam will support Roy and Corrin.
There's no way, lol.

I do think that they'll probably add Roy to Fates, but his amiibo comes out in March, and Fates comes out in Februrary, so maybe not. The game has been out for a long time in Japan. Corrin's amiibo could be all the way out in like, June or later. There's not a chance Fates will support that.

Last edited:

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
I have so many mixed feelings about the inclusion of Corrin.
1. Honestly, I am not a FE player nor fan, so all the FE do nothing for me.
2. Like many others, I do think there are way too many FE characters now, especially having two avatar characters for one series is pretty lame, and considering this is the second DLC FE gets, I do think it is a bit unfair.
3. However, from all the FE characters, Corrin is the most interesting. While they do use a sword, they aren't a pure swordfighter, and their dragon shapeshifting attacks are really cool. Playstyle wise, I think they are the most unique FE character.
4. Why doesn't Corrin wear shoes? This confuses me, I really dislike feet and it looks really weird how the characters is completely in heavy armor but is barefoot??

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So one question I have....
When they revealed the takamaru mii costume they did Smash x his series. It says his series (or game rather) hasn't been localized and his logo is in Japanese, when we already got the game localized on the eshop.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So one question I have....
When they revealed the takamaru mii costume they did Smash x his series. It says his series (or game rather) hasn't been localized and his logo is in Japanese, when we already got the game localized on the eshop.
I guess Sakurai isn't aware of the eShop version or something.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

You think they will cut a two time veteran that's literally a pallet swap of Pit and has the same VA? I can understand getting the Alph treatment, but he ain't going anywhere.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Since I'm at work / too lazy to look through the broadcast again, was it mentioned how long Corrin's side special could be held for?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's no way, lol.

I do think that they'll probably add Roy to Fates, but his amiibo comes out in March, and Fates comes out in Februrary, so maybe not. The game has been out for a long time in Japan. Corrin's amiibo could be all the way out in like, June or later. There's not a chance Fates will support that.
Fates has online multiplayer, so it will likely see patches for balancing. I'm sure they'll patch in Roy and Corrin Amiibo support, it won't be that hard.

Even Codename STEAM saw a patch or two. Hell, the DEMO of that game saw a patch...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It is kind of funny that Donkey Kong + Metroid + Star Fox = Fire Emblem in Smash for Wii U and 3DS.

Kind of sad, but also kind of funny.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It is kind of funny that Donkey Kong + Metroid + Star Fox = Fire Emblem in Smash for Wii U and 3DS.

Kind of sad, but also kind of funny.
6 FE characters is something people would have only brought up in a joking manner before it happened. At this point, I wouldn't even remotely be surprised if all of those characters came back in addition to 3, fully unique FE newcomers for the next Smash game.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
6 FE characters is something people would have only brought up in a joking manner before it happened. At this point, I wouldn't even remotely be surprised if all of those characters came back in addition to 3, fully unique FE newcomers for the next Smash game.
I like Fire Emblem. I think Corrin looks neat. 6 characters, though?

I'm sure I'll enjoy Corrin and all that, but if you wanted a Swordsman that doesn't use his/her sword much I would have preferred Isaac, and if we were going to get a character to represent a recently released game I would have preferred Elma.

Not salty, just a bit baffled, lol.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
At this point, the next Smash will probably remove plenty of characters and reboot the series.

58 characters is a big amount of characters. It's 19 more than Brawl, over twice than Melee and nearly 5 times as much as the original Smash.

It's almost impossible to top this amount unless the next game has a huge budget and an even bigger development team than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom