• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just think pure hatred towards a specific character is a little unhealty,to say the least.
Well, I think there is a little difference in being extremely disappointed in a character I dislike

and pure hatred

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Remember when the European regional fan-base wasn't taken as seriously as the United States and Japan?
Yeah, I was actually very surprised by that. Sakurai actually listening to what the Europeans want for once..... (Granted she was popular worldwide but she was most notably number one in Europe according to him.)

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Cloud is so much fun to play.

Them limit break shenanigans. You charge and store the charge just like, say, Samus's Charge Shot.

Plus, he speaks Japanese just as I predicted.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
The last Smash direct was honestly really disappointing to me because I was so hyped and went in with such high hopes. And then got stomped on by Sakurai going full deepthroat in sucking FE's **** and possibly the least relevant and important 3rd party we could have possibly gotten.

BUT

Seeing the hype and excitement everyone had for them and seeing how much fun they look to play, I can come to terms with them and look forward to them in my own right. I had a yelling match with a few friends on Skype and vented my frustration out, so now I feel so much better. And most importantly, Bayonetta's inclusion proves that originating from a series with horrendous violence and buckets of blood and gore and sexual themes does NOT stand in the way of one's inclusion in Smash Bros. Which leads me to the most important thing today's stream meant to me.

#ScorpionForSmash5

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Have we already seen the Wii U CSS? And what songs play on Midgar U?

-removed pic because I forgot it was already datamined Midgar U also had two songs-

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
What the **** was this. What an abomination of a Direct this was.

We started out terribly with Waifu Emblem’s Corrin. Corrin exist nothing more than to shove Fire Emblem 14 down the throats of everyone because “OMG ADVERTISING THE NEW GAME IS SOOOOO IMPORANT!” With this crap in, we have six, yes, SIX ****ing Fire Emblem characters. More than Zelda. As much as POKEMON. And as much as Mother, DK, and Star Fox combined. Sakurai’s bias is apparently soooooo important here.

We also get Bayonetta, a ****** third-party character whom’s both games have failed. She is irrelevant in the grand scheme of gaming, yet she somehows gets the undeserved honor of playable position. And yet, she is better than Snake, Bomberman, Rayman, Simon Belmont, Leon Kennedy, etc when it comes to third-party character.

“OH BUT SHE IS THE BALLOT WINNER!” Oh please. Her fans must have spammed requests of her all day and all night to get her in. There is NOOOOOO way Bayonetta could have gotten more support than K. Rool, Snake, Dixie, Isaac, Bandana Dee, or Inklings, all clearly more popular choices. I can’t fathom how she could have gotten in for reasons others than ballot stuffing. Plus it gives Sega a second character...and there are better choices out there to get.

Meanwhile, DK got totally shafted as representation was so poorly done for that franchise. We didn’t get K. Rool, Dixie, or even ****ing Cranky Kong in Smash. Inklings came from the massively successful Splatoon yet were not deemed worthy of representation. And the worst insult of all is that Wolf failed to return. This should have been the final pre-ballot choice in place of Corrin yet he wasn’t “worthy” enough to return. Wolf had everything going for him, EVERYTHING, and still did not make it.

Unacceptable. I’m like, legitimately surprised that Lucas even got to return, or Mega Man getting in at all for that matter. I had such high hopes for the end of DLC and it all crashed down in flame. I will not be downloading the Corrin or Bayonetta DLC because of how awful of inclusions they are. Seven DLC character, and we still miss out on both Wolf and a DK character in favor of another Fire Emblem character and an insignificant third-party character.

I am done with Smash. If this is the direction that the franchise is going to go, then I want no part in it. I am also done with Nintendo after the Wii U and will not be buying a NX (unless Mother 3 got localized but that ain’t happening). **** you Sakurai.
Okay then.

Last edited by a moderator:

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
Oh my god!
I can't believe Bayonetta was added to smash. I just...am so amazed. Sadly I didn't vote for her, because I thought she would have never made it in, but I always did hope she would make it in.
Bayonetta is such an amazing character and I love her and I am happy as can be that she was added.

Also, the way her moveset looks, my god, it's incredible!

Thank you Sakurai!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Cloud's Classic Mode pic, for those interested.

20151215_175710.jpg

Love the Box Art reference!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
1. I love Corrin's moveset. I don't like the additional Fire Emblem representation. Fire Emblem didnt sell that well in Japan, I dont think it even sold over a million, and its not in the top 3DS sales at all...

2. Bayonetta is okay overall. Her moveset looks fun and interesting. Havent played Bayonetta so I dont have a strong opinion of her as far as representation goes. She also ranked 19th in my Japanese Polling.

3. I called Wolf not getting in. That's about the only thing I can claim though :p.

4. Costumes were mostly great. Surprised not to see Isaac, but at the same time...not really?

5. Thanks to everyone that joined in the live SourceCast. It was a lot of fun!

6. Geno fans win.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Japanese Cloud awww yeah!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The 3DS CSS didn't get as butchered as I imagined, though the second page is put to use at long last, I guess.

There's a certain sense of consistency I like for some whatever reason.

Not that's anything to worry too much about.

Cloud is really fun to play. Still need to get used to some of his quirks, but it's a matter of time, I guess.

Also, the announcer yell for Cloud is kinda odd. I don't know. I guess it has to do with the pronunciation. Again, not something too worry too much about. :p

Well, it's 1 AM here, so I'm taking my leave. See ya. Can't really tolerate the lag this website currently has either.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm so unbelievably hyped. I mean...I wanted another FE character just to piss people off, and though they aren't Lyn or Hector, the dragon part looks DAMN fine!
That was sort of my mindset as well. After Roy came out and seeing the salt, it was more a mix between teasing people and actually being interested in Corrin and him being a manakete. I mean, I wasn't really expecting him/her. I was realistic in his chances, even if a part of it was the thought of wanting to see people's reaction to another Fire Emblem character. But I wasn't going to be disappointed if he didn't appear.
So actually seeing him and the fact that they did incorporate his dragon form manifesting into his moveset was really exciting. Not to mention a chainsaw sword.

So when will we see a picture of Kamui's dragon form using a water breath attack on Charizard going "It's Super Effective!"?

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Welp, I was completely wrong about Midgar having more than 2 songs.

Kinda salty, but ah well. I play on Gaur Plains omega 90% anyways.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
6. Geno fans win.
We got something. That's better than what I thought

I just have to learn mii gunner now.

I have mixed feelings, and I've seen some people LOL'ing at Geno fans.

But I'm happy with it overall.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
7. Im really happy that Sakurai said this is the end.

If you believe they will still release more, then you are fooling yourself.

8. People are going to start saying they expected this the whole time.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Oh my god!
I can't believe Bayonetta was added to smash. I just...am so amazed. Sadly I didn't vote for her, because I thought she would have never made it in, but I always did hope she would make it in.
Bayonetta is such an amazing character and I love her and I am happy as can be that she was added.

Also, the way her moveset looks, my god, it's incredible!

Thank you Sakurai!
Moral of the story:
  • Sometimes it's best to vote with your heart, not with your mind

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
All Star Mode uses Cloud's artwork as opposed to a picture of his trophy!

...But Ryu Roy and Lucas still use the trophies. The hell.

Also Cloud has REALLY good movement options. His Perfect Pivots and Dash Dancing are exceptional.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The two people I'm curious about their opinion on this is TerminalMontage and Fatmanonice

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
If we thought Fire Emblem discussions were horrific during the base game (and they were), it going to be unimaginably terrifying in the next base game. Who would have dreadfully thought?

If any of you Fire Emblem fans are around for Smash 5, I feel for you. It's going to be a bad time now, and it's going to be a bad time then. The horror.

Shroob

Sup?

8. People are going to start saying they expected this the whole time.
So, ehh Push? I guess I was right about that one stage slot being leftover data, eh? :p

Ivander

Smash Legend

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!! What about my Super Smash Bros. NX?! Smash Bros. 5 through 13?! Super Smash Bros. Super Hyper Mega Ultra Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong VR Edition?! No! Noooo!!!! *Ivander blacked out*

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The Lucas buff is SO real. My boy.

Shroob

Sup?
So, anyone with all the trophies unlocked on the 3DS version, how many are there now? I think mine's at 697 after doing Classic and All Star with Cloud.

Chrono.

I ran into some nasties in Xenoblade so I'm finally downloading Cloud + the stages I missed from the last update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom