• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
What the **** was this. What an abomination of a Direct this was.

We started out terribly with Waifu Emblem’s Corrin. Corrin exist nothing more than to shove Fire Emblem 14 down the throats of everyone because “OMG ADVERTISING THE NEW GAME IS SOOOOO IMPORANT!” With this crap in, we have six, yes, SIX ****ing Fire Emblem characters. More than Zelda. As much as POKEMON. And as much as Mother, DK, and Star Fox combined. Sakurai’s bias is apparently soooooo important here.

We also get Bayonetta, a ****** third-party character whom’s both games have failed. She is irrelevant in the grand scheme of gaming, yet she somehows gets the undeserved honor of playable position. And yet, she is better than Snake, Bomberman, Rayman, Simon Belmont, Leon Kennedy, etc when it comes to third-party character.

“OH BUT SHE IS THE BALLOT WINNER!” Oh please. Her fans must have spammed requests of her all day and all night to get her in. There is NOOOOOO way Bayonetta could have gotten more support than K. Rool, Snake, Dixie, Isaac, Bandana Dee, or Inklings, all clearly more popular choices. I can’t fathom how she could have gotten in for reasons others than ballot stuffing. Plus it gives Sega a second character...and there are better choices out there to get.

Meanwhile, DK got totally shafted as representation was so poorly done for that franchise. We didn’t get K. Rool, Dixie, or even ****ing Cranky Kong in Smash. Inklings came from the massively successful Splatoon yet were not deemed worthy of representation. And the worst insult of all is that Wolf failed to return. This should have been the final pre-ballot choice in place of Corrin yet he wasn’t “worthy” enough to return. Wolf had everything going for him, EVERYTHING, and still did not make it.

Unacceptable. I’m like, legitimately surprised that Lucas even got to return, or Mega Man getting in at all for that matter. I had such high hopes for the end of DLC and it all crashed down in flame. I will not be downloading the Corrin or Bayonetta DLC because of how awful of inclusions they are. Seven DLC character, and we still miss out on both Wolf and a DK character in favor of another Fire Emblem character and an insignificant third-party character.

I am done with Smash. If this is the direction that the franchise is going to go, then I want no part in it. I am also done with Nintendo after the Wii U and will not be buying a NX (unless Mother 3 got localized but that ain’t happening). **** you Sakurai.
I'm... not sure how to respond to this post.

The amount salt literally caused the biggest Salt mine in the world in Ontario to close down :v

Soul.

Like I understand the disappointment, but there's no need to be extremely angry.

Not getting characters is to be expected. I wonder how many dislikes the Corrin video is getting.

Just calm down please lol

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So now that I can actually get onto the website, my thoughts:

Corrin: ... In the middle of the road here. I really didn't want another FE character. Their moveset looks really fun, though, so I guess I can't complain.

Bayonetta: I didn't think this would happen. Dear lord I didn't think this would happen. But I'm happy as hell, and she also looks like a blast to play.

I didn't get Rayman, Wolf, etc., but the DLC we did get is amazing, especially considering how small the team was during the year. I'm grateful that I got some favorites, unexpected or otherwise.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well I was very disappointed. Bayonetta was meh to me, but her winning the ballot? I'm calling a little shenanigans.
Nintendo was originally going to add Bayonetta to the base game, but feared she raise the game's rating to T. So they devised a plan. Have a smash ballot so that they could justify her inclusion and get the game released with an E10 rating. Bayonetta looks near complete and so does her stage. There's no way they got that all done in a month on top of Cloud/Midgear and Corrin.
Sakurai mentioned how characters from previous smash games were in the top 5. I'm really disappointed they only chose 1 ballot character. I believe Krool was winning, but Sakurai hates him so he made him a mii costume.

As for Corrin, as soon as I saw him I knew this was going to be s**t. 6 Fire Emblem characters.

I'm done with smash 4, and I want Sakurai out.

Someone please finish up the Project M dev leak so I we can play as Sami, Isaac, Lyn, and Knuckles in smash.

Goodbye I'm out.
See ya next week.

Khoru

Smash Champion
it's funny that people think isaac was shunted for bayo
it's possible for some, like kkr or snake
but isaac
lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Look, I'm disappointed overall.

I even ignored the rumors so I could be surprised. But I didn't feel anything toward the inclusion of any characters other than a lot of mixed feelings from the Geno mii costume.

I'm done. I'm sure some people are happy with Bayonetta. I don't have to buy her if I don't want to, and I'm not going to.

I'm just going to be here learning Mii Gunner

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

So funny I forgot to laugh.
I'm not sure what you are trying to prove. Best to let it go and let me be how I be.

On that note, apparently the protagonist of FE Fates is half ****ing dragon. So much for trying to stay in the dark on that game.
Well, it was revealed in like the first trailer for the game, so it's not exactly the biggest spoiler.

Honestly, his sword seems more concerning. Especially since I haven't played or seen the game yet.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

We started out terribly with Waifu Emblem’s Corrin. Corrin exist nothing more than to shove Fire Emblem 14 down the throats of everyone because “OMG ADVERTISING THE NEW GAME IS SOOOOO IMPORANT!” With this crap in, we have six, yes, SIX ****ing Fire Emblem characters. More than Zelda. As much as POKEMON. And as much as Mother, DK, and Star Fox combined. Sakurai’s bias is apparently soooooo important here.

We also get Bayonetta, a ****** third-party character whom’s both games have failed. She is irrelevant in the grand scheme of gaming, yet she somehows gets the undeserved honor of playable position. And yet, she is better than Snake, Bomberman, Rayman, Simon Belmont, Leon Kennedy, etc when it comes to third-party character.

“OH BUT SHE IS THE BALLOT WINNER!” Oh please. Her fans must have spammed requests of her all day and all night to get her in. There is NOOOOOO way Bayonetta could have gotten more support than K. Rool, Snake, Dixie, Isaac, Bandana Dee, or Inklings, all clearly more popular choices. I can’t fathom how she could have gotten in for reasons others than ballot stuffing. Plus it gives Sega a second character...and there are better choices out there to get.

Meanwhile, DK got totally shafted as representation was so poorly done for that franchise. We didn’t get K. Rool, Dixie, or even ****ing Cranky Kong in Smash. Inklings came from the massively successful Splatoon yet were not deemed worthy of representation. And the worst insult of all is that Wolf failed to return. This should have been the final pre-ballot choice in place of Corrin yet he wasn’t “worthy” enough to return. Wolf had everything going for him, EVERYTHING, and still did not make it.

Unacceptable. I’m like, legitimately surprised that Lucas even got to return, or Mega Man getting in at all for that matter. I had such high hopes for the end of DLC and it all crashed down in flame. I will not be downloading the Corrin or Bayonetta DLC because of how awful of inclusions they are. Seven DLC character, and we still miss out on both Wolf and a DK character in favor of another Fire Emblem character and an insignificant third-party character.

I am done with Smash. If this is the direction that the franchise is going to go, then I want no part in it. I am also done with Nintendo after the Wii U and will not be buying a NX (unless Mother 3 got localized but that ain’t happening). **** you Sakurai.
Okay, mate: I'm gonna level with you.

Bayonetta had an existent fanbase and probably did outvote characters like Wolf, Dixie, etc. She's more relevant than Isaac and K. Rool, neither of whom have been relevant to Nintendo in years, and I speak as a major K. Rool supporter and somebody who would've been happy with Isaac.

There's no evidence to suggest Bayonetta didn't win the ballot. People disregarded her chances in speculation because of her sexuality.

I know you might not have liked it or the results, but acting like there was some elaborate conspiracy is absurd. The entire fandom doesn't exist in the forumsphere. Bayonetta 2 sold respectably well enough. Some third-parties you mentioned probably aren't realistic: Note that "viability" was listed as an asterisk, meaning some characters in the top 5 might've been third parties like Banjo-Kazooie that Nintendo couldn't secure the rights too.

Calm down. Nintendo doesn't exist to cater to one person. FE Fates is popular in Japan and Bayonetta was apparently especially popular in Europe.

And please, please don't go "But it's just my opinion" when you've already thrown unnecessary shots at the Bayonetta fandom just because they came out on top.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I'm... not sure how to respond to this post.

The amount salt literally caused the biggest Salt mine in the world in Ontario to close down :v
I'm sure he just needs time to calm down like everyone else, I feel people have the right to be upset this time....didn't it expect to be this bad though.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Totally buying Cloud and that Geno costume after finals.

@Geno Boost how do you feel? I actually supported geno when I first joined this site. I'm kinda of happy that a character I wanted got in some shape or form.
He made a post about the hat earlier after it was datamined and didn't seem to be taking it very well.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I recognize Corrin's moveset potential and he/she looks awesome, but I really really really think that's the one piece of DLC that Sakurai made a mistake on. Should've been Inklings or another ballot choice.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm not even mad...

Literally every argument against Snake was broken, Cloud being Sony related, Bayonetta being beyond M for Mature...

All I can see is Konami refusing to let him back in just to spite Kojima.

I'm just sad and confused, very confused. Everyone was wrong, the positive, the negative, everything.

Well, new characters are new characters. Time to nab Cloud.

In the meantime, I'm going to attempt persuading @Fumi-Chan to support some characters for Smash 5...

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
To those not buying Bayonetta:

You're missing out on the fun! :3

She had the biggest moveset potential I've seen for a Smash game that I felt Sakurai couldn't ignore.

And it happened!
[puts hand on shoulder]
Sometimes it best to lets others release their salt.....
How else can I drink their delicious tears?
Sometimes they just need to get things off their chest....LIKE A GIANT DEMON BOOT!
Whoooo! Bayonetta's in smash!
[buys 8 hype train tickets]

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I did a bingo and here's out it turned out:

I got a row and almost got two columns... Not too shabby, I guess!

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
In the end, Im happy with who we got. Could have been better in term of Nintendo-ness (Zelda and Metroid need more reps ASAP), but Cloud is in Smash bros guys. I think we good.

That dragon kid is cool I guess, I already like him more than Robin to be honest :p

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Well, the 3DS version gets an ugly bar named 'Extra Fighters' after downloading Cloud. I don't trust CrashBoards enough to take a picture of it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Corrin was included for the same exact reason why Roy was in Melee - to drum up hype for a new FE game.

On that note, apparently the protagonist of FE Fates is half ****ing dragon. So much for trying to stay in the dark on that game.
It's actually not much of a spoiler. You learn about Corrin being special before you come to the important part of the game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Corrin: I dismissed Corrin as I thought 'you can't make a moveset out of that' but holy **** does that look satisfying as all hell
Bayonetta: Finally. A character I wanted. Incredibly surprised about the popularity, looks fun as all hell and has a classy dress when using hair attacks
No Wolf: Who cares? I'm getting 2 amazing, unique and stylish characters instead!

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I changed my username to celebrate!
Cheers!
Umm....

Where's Layton, Frogger, and the 8 or so other characters on your prediction list, then? :p

Like, I understand being happy that you got something right, but it feels more like you're bragging at this point, and there's really nothing to brag about when you got a LOT more wrong than right.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I did a bingo and here's out it turned out:

I got a row and almost got two columns... Not too shabby, I guess!
If it was the most popular ballot pick, and an advertisement character

Should either of those REALLY count as surprise?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I am admittedly pretty disappointed with Corrin. I'm not one of thos "2 much animoo for Smash" guys, but c'mon, six Fire Emblem characters? It honestly just feels like advertising.

On a more positive note, can we appreciate the Tails' costume adorable little gun.
Tails' Adorable gun.png

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
See ya next week.
I probably won't be coming to this thread anymore.
If it was the most popular ballot pick, and an advertisement character

Should either of those REALLY count as surprise?
Funny I actually know a character who fits both those criteria, but I guess Sakurai just doesn't like him.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
this is disappointing

none of the 7 characters are characters I'll actually play :x

@all the bayo supporters: I feel so happy for you all, since you endured so much flames and Bayo would be the first 3rd party female in Smash. Even though I really wanted it to be Shantae (I haven't played either series, but getting Shantae in would be GREAT for WayForward), Bayo seems like she has a nice moveset. Kudos to you for not giving up.

I'm never warming up to Corrin tho because it's way too early, FE had already been introduced to the rest of the world, and no one really wanted them/ANOTHER FE rep. If there were to be another FE rep, I'd only accept Tiki and I'd only accept Anna due to bias.

i guess I'll stick with my favorite character, a mii w/ toad outfit I can't use online. ok YAH I'M SALTY just a little tho i swear

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Can I be completely honest? I really do think the presentation was really good. The funny part was that I was never hyped nor salty. I was more in a calm state when it all occurred unlike Cloud which came from out of left field.

Speculation is done and we'll most likely have to wait another 5 more years for another Smash Game. I was a fun ride while it lasted.

The reason I love Smash so much is because each and almost every single character choice completely blindsided us. No one expected :4ryu::4wiifit::4villager::4pacman::4cloud::4duckhunt::4darkpit::4bowserjr::4shulk:(Corrin) (Bayonetta) to be in the game at all.

You've got to admit this is definitely a unique cast of characters that all are in one single game. Smash 4 will go down in the history books as probably one of the greatest Fighters of all time.

D

Deleted member

FB_IMG_14496782936543613.jpg

They already did when the game first released in Japan. When they found out the personalities of the two gay characters, they were called out as being "not a good representative of the LGBT community."
There's no pleasing Tumblr, is there?
I'm not sure what you are trying to prove. Best to let it go and let me be how I be.

Well, it was revealed in like the first trailer for the game, so it's not exactly the biggest spoiler.

Honestly, his sword seems more concerning. Especially since I haven't played or seen the game yet.
Same
Corrin is a dragon happens BEFORE the choice and even appears in trailers(though the reason behind his first transformation is a spoiler)
But when Sakurai said "it's the final form of the Yato blade" I was all like "Yeah, maybe you should just call it Yato"

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I will talk more abotu the ballot later but the direct for me got summed up by 2 things:

I WON A BET OMG!

and

.......why so salty?

OK, I was on IRC and I really and legitimately thought why so many were salty on corin, you could make an argument that bayo wasn't expected for the ballot, but honestly I just.......didn't get it.

As for bayo winning, yes it;s surprises me a lot, but I am not to the point of denying it, I have been surprised by data multiple time anyway, it could; have happened.

And now I just want to say that I am VERY happy that the paper amrio thread had no salt, I really wouldn;t have liked that :)

going to talk about the ballot later though :)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I understand that people may be displeased with how things turned out, but it was bound to happen regardless of the content.

Every character has fans and detractors. It's like two sides of a single coin: one cannot exist without the other.

Even Wolf or Snake would have caused salt. Even K. Rool or whatever other highly requested characters.

Likewise, there are people who like Corrin and Bayonetta. That's how things are.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wow. I'm astonished. I have never been more disappointed at anything Smash related ever. So many great characters to chose from. Instead, what do we get? Another Fire Emblem swordsman and a garbage third party character. Also, Fire Emblem now has more characters than Zelda, three times as many as Donkey Kong, twice as many as Kirby, and the same amount as Pokémon. That is not ok with me.
And Bayonetta? Really? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would rather have had Shovel Knight or Shantae instead of this nonsense. Her game flopped massively, and she isn't a video game icon in the slightest. Also, I don't for a second believe that she was the most popular vote. No way she was more popular than King K. Rool, Inklings, Bandana Dee, Isaac, Wolf, etc.

Call me salty or whatever you want. This is just how I feel about this. Needless to say, I am not buying Corrin or Bayonetta. I want no part of the garbage. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be curling up in the corner with TheBitBlock like the sad gray blobs we are.

I agree.

Really people? It's a game...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I understand that people may be displeased with how things turned out, but it was bound to happen regardless of the content.

Every character has fans and detractors. It's like two sides of a single coin: one cannot exist without the other.

Even Wolf or Snake would have caused salt. Even K. Rool or whatever other highly requested characters.

Likewise, there are people who like Corrin and Bayonetta. That's how things are.
They somehow picked the ONLY character that would give me salt though

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
"Bayonetta's game flopped!"

(Proceeds to talk about Shantae, a character who's been around for a decade and has never amounted to anything, and Isaac, who's also from a series that failed).
I just said I would have rather had Shantae band I sure as heck don't want Shantae. She's trash too.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
My reaction video... Oh my God.

Pure salt. It's hilarious though. You see my cat get pissed. If you're into pissed animals.

Lmfao I can't wait for you guys to see

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

This was called ages ago. I guess this leak was real after all.

Chrono.

My only real disappointment is that we didn't get a Xenoblade X stage.

I was kinda hoping the last slot would've been for that lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom