• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Umm....

Where's Layton, Frogger, and the 8 or so other characters on your prediction list, then? :p

Like, I understand being happy that you got something right, but it feels more like you're bragging at this point, and there's really nothing to brag about when you got a LOT more wrong than right.
Pretty much. If you cast such a wide net with crazy prediction after crazy prediction you gonna get something right. Boasting just makes you look bad.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Umm....

Where's Layton, Frogger, and the 8 or so other characters on your prediction list, then? :p

Like, I understand being happy that you got something right, but it feels more like you're bragging at this point, and there's really nothing to brag about when you got a LOT more wrong than right.
I might've got a lot of predictions wrong, but getting a huge layer on my chest like Bayonetta debating is what really made me feel like bragging. :3

I don't really care about my predictions, cause in the end, it's just a game and it was fun to speculate.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean Corin was a bad move character wise but amazing gameplay wise.

Bayonetta was amazing and is the quality u expected.

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
I am heavily disappointed with the announcement of both characters. I was expecting more... Actually I wasn't I sort of felt and knew this final announcement would be ****!

Not purchasing.

Now excuse me, I am going to sleep in disappointment and partial tears. BDee never even got a trophy :'(

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
So guys, since they got the Kid Icarus cast for the Bayonetta trailer, we might be getting new Palutena's Guidances!

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Dark Dawn.

I might've got a lot of predictions wrong, but getting a huge layer on my chest like Bayonetta debating is what really made me feel like bragging. :3

I don't really care about my predictions, cause in the end, it's just a game and it was fun to speculate.
Like Captain Fun Captain Fun said, you predicted a lot of stuff. You cast such a wide net that you were basically guaranteed to get something right.

Getting Bayonetta right doesn't mean you were right about DLC as a whole, when you got like 8 other characters wrong and probably didn't predict the previous ones, either.

D

Deleted member

It honestly just feels like advertising.
That's because it is
Roy was too and no one complained
They somehow picked the ONLY character that would give me salt though
You and I both know you would be salty with or without them
My reaction video... Oh my God.

Pure salt. It's hilarious though. You see my cat get pissed. If you're into pissed animals.

Lmfao I can't wait for you guys to see
NO
BAD CON0R
ANIMALS CAN'T TAKE THAT MUCH SALT

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

Wow, changing your username and constantly saying "I GOT IT RIGHT!"
Good for you. You got one thing right. Get the frick over it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bayonetta looks like my kind of lady, I've always preferred stylish styles in fighting games, and this...This...I don't care my friends will go 'HAHA WOLF DIDN'T COME BACK'
Anyone acting salty about Bayo is proof of how small our fraction of the Smash community is, because hey, vocal detractors and nonvocal supporters. February can't come soon enough! Then there's Corrin...I never cared about '3 meni kerechturs' for FE so I'm SOOO going to get her day 1

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Well, the 3DS version gets an ugly bar named 'Extra Fighters' after downloading Cloud. I don't trust CrashBoards enough to take a picture of it.
Proof:

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
And Bayonetta? Really? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would rather have had Shovel Knight or Shantae instead of this nonsense. Her game flopped massively, and she isn't a video game icon in the slightest. Also, I don't for a second believe that she was the most popular vote. No way she was more popular than King K. Rool, Inklings, Bandana Dee, Isaac, Wolf, etc.
Ironically, the same can be said about Shantae whose entire "fame" can be contributed to the fact that she's a cute anime girl on the internet.

I imagine that the amount of people who have actually played her games compared to the amount of people who know her because of the above reason is incredibly small.

Her first game was a flop and its sequels were moderate successes that had to be crowdfunded.

Saying Shantae should be in but Bayo shouldn't because her games were flops and because "she isn't a video game icon" is as hypocritical as you can get.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I actually ran through my head the few possible character that would make me hype and the ones that would make me legit salty (and those are very, VERY unlikely :p) before the direct. None happened, althought Bayo did go throught my mind once but I was like "nah they wont put her in, no way". Very pleasant surprise indeed, even thought you dont feel the same.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's because it is

You and I both know you would be salty with or without them

NO
BAD CON0R
ANIMALS CAN'T TAKE THAT MUCH SALT
No, I'm pretty sure I'd just be apathetic

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Once I saw Bayonetta revealed I knew Max would be over the moon. He lovessss Bayonetta

Cloud is now live though, can't wait to try him out.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If it was the most popular ballot pick, and an advertisement character

Should either of those REALLY count as surprise?
Well, Corrin wasn't exactly expected, was he/she?

I did get surprised by both Corrin and Bayonetta and it was my bingo, so it counts.

C'est la vie.

I'm rather neutral to any inclusions and my most wanted character Wolf didn't make it in either, nor did Snake, who I also wanted.

You don't always get what you want. I got Mewtwo back, as well as newcomers Robin and Dark Pit. My old wish from Brawl, Bowser Jr., also made it in. I didn't get Wolf or Snake back.

Things I wanted are in the game. Things I wanted aren't in the game. That's how things are. I'm not going to throw a tantrum because everything didn't want exactly as I wanted. I always had this possibility in mind to not act like a child afterwards.

I'll instead enjoy what I have rather then being stuck in a dream land in which everything is how I want to be. If everyone had their own way, all that would exist would be a mass of contradiction.

Most importantly, it's just a game. Not something to be so upset about. This coming from a huge fan of the Smash series for over 11 years.

I'll refrain to comment on this anymore. Some people still have some growing up to do, it seems. Sorry if I seem arrogant, but it's true.

Besides, it's optional, so if you don't want it, don't buy it. Simple as that.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Somehow that bayonetta poster makes more sense when we put the smash communitty in it rather than the othercharacters.
You know you basically saying you would be okay with the likes of goku and shrek.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
That's because it is
Roy was a last minute clone.
Corrin is a full out new character.
But whatever, I honestly don't see a point in complaining. What's done is done, and while I'm not a fan of his/her's inclusion, I'm happy for the fans.
Her first game was a flop and its sequels were moderate successes that had to be crowdfunded
The only Shantae game that was crowdfunded was Half-Genie Hero, none of the other games weren't.
Doesn't change your argument, but I wanted to correct you on this. :)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta.

All characters I had no opinion on because I never expected them to have a chance.

I honestly couldn't tell you if I hated them as a concept. Because I didn't even consider them. But I certainly love them all now.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Well. I thought there was no less hype outcome than two third-party characters. I thought wrong. (And the sad thing is, Corrin looks more interesting than the others.)

At least I've got Lucas and Roy, and now I won't be bothered to spend the $17 to complete the roster. And that Gil costume looks pretty rad (yes, I'm a complete early-80's Namco nerd). Welp, I'm out.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Like Captain Fun Captain Fun said, you predicted a lot of stuff. You cast such a wide net that you were basically guaranteed to get something right.

Getting Bayonetta right doesn't mean you were right about DLC as a whole, when you got like 8 other characters wrong and probably didn't predict the previous ones, either.
My username probably exaggerates it now that I think about, but I can't change it for 24 days. So.. :dizzy:

Wow, changing your username and constantly saying "I GOT IT RIGHT!"
Good for you. You got one thing right. Get the frick over it.
We don't need to be like this man. I've known you for quite a while as Yo-kai pals! :crying:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Wow, Nintendo is on top of their game, downloaded the update and Cloud in seconds.

Well, now that everything is done, I guess I'll put in my full two cents.

Corrin, man this is legitimately turning into Smash x Fire Emblem. This is the only thing I'll give any real criticism about.

Bayonetta, well, guess the only standard for getting into Smash is really just "being a video game character"

Both look fun.

Cloud, is amazing and now I really want to play FF7. Though he really only speaks in Japanese, he doesn't even suffer from Marth syndrome. The announcer sounds like he's saying "Claude," which is just hilarious.

I think I'm just giving up in general. Just hope there'll be some quality character mods like Roy and Mewtwo in PM.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Somehow that bayonetta poster makes more sense when we put the smash communitty in it rather than the othercharacters.

You know you basically saying you would be okay with the likes of goku and shrek.
Except... Goku and Shrek won't ever be in. They didn't even originate from a game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm so unbelievably hyped. I mean...I wanted another FE character just to piss people off, and though they aren't Lyn or Hector, the dragon part looks DAMN fine! And Sakurai broke his 'no guns' rule and 'have to be special' rule for Bayonetta. I just...I can't even...Sadly, I don't have eshop money yet. Luckily, the server won't be down when I do get Cloud

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I was against anime characters but I don't think Goku would be that bad.

I would be too flabbergasted to have salt toward shrek

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Bananija Bananija so, about our bet...
I'm going to choose an avi for you, just hold on for a while :p :p
Well you won. Congratulation! I will gladly accept my fate:)

Also congratulations to all of you who supported Corrin and Bayonetta : those two looks super fun to play (maybe I will even main one... maybe). However, I'm going to be honest : another Fire Emblem wasn't the best choice, but he looks so fun that it make it up. That finally was great! While I didn't get any of the characters I wanted, I'm hyped for February. and to be fair I have even sadder thing to care about than no K.Rool.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I didn't get any character I supported (Although I did get a character I was fond of the idea of seeing :rosalina:) so I know how it feels if your most wanted characters didn't make it in. (Though granted, most of them where pretty long shots anyway)

But overall, I'm just happy that my most wanted character from Brawl still remained :4tlink:and that's good enough for me. What would I do without Toon Link, probably getting back to Ness I guess.....

Overall, Bayonetta and Corrin look really interesting and I'm currently downloading Cloud as we speak. I'll be looking forward to them and trying them out for myself once their all available.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also, acting like "LOLOLOL I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG" is just as bad as the salty people. Just as toxic and just as childish.

You know who am I directing this comment to.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am taking this better than I thought.

I guess I got a healthy mindset with Smadh now.

Plus ya know. Bayonetta is awesome.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I think it was you guys own fault that this happened. If you guys would have voted fairly for the one character that you did want instead of voting for multiple characters the ballot winner would more clearer. You guys votes probably got thrown out and they only picked one of your vote by random. Your greed came back and to bite you in the ass. I don't feel sorry for any of you maybe next you won't try to rigged yourself to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom