• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
"Ballot winner" is a lot easier to say than "character chosen in direct response to the Ballot".

Dats Waldo.
We need Woldo.
The problem with "winner" is two-fold: it implies the ballot is a contest and that there will only be one. "Ballot choices" is better and doesn't contain even a single extra syllable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The problem with "winner" is two-fold: it implies the ballot is a contest and that there will only be one. "Ballot choices" is better and doesn't contain even a single extra syllable.
I'm still of the opinion we're only getting one ballot character, so yeah, winner's okay by me. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We all ultimately mean the same thing. So it's not that big of a deal.

I'm known for being pedant, and I'm thinking this a tad silly by now. Plus, GY replied to a person who suggested "ballot pick" anyway. He's aware and I think he's in agreement there's a better word.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think we're getting more than one person from the ballot. At least 2.

I think one might have started development already.

But the other slot is a character coming with a stage at the same time as Cloud.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I think there's two characters left. One will be announced in the December Direct and released alongside Cloud. And the other may get a Mewtwo treatment and released later.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait, how many stage slots are left on the 3DS?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'd say licencing could be done fast. They just need a contract and approval, I'd say within in 2 months if there were no problems, They could get the licensing. Ryu came fast, so perhaps they had the rights for him shortly after the game's wii u release?

Lol ironic that we both have this at the same time!
He had his chance on the year of luigi and he said no, deal with it :)

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Cloud's English VA hasn't even been asked to do it yet.

I'm thinking we aren't getting English acting for him in Smash...
To be fair, it is still a bit early since we don't know when the December direct will premiere. Depending on the date, Cloud's VA could be called either tomorrow, the end of November, etc.

Like Ryu, they're going to use his English voice.
If he wasn't contacted yet and Cloud is already at a later stage of development and the Japanese voice actor already did his lines, I'm not holding out for English VO.

I really think he's going to only have Japanese VO, given how the other trailers/character reveals were handled in regards to voice acting.

All other characters with Japanese and English voices had their voice overs done in time for their announcements. See Wii Fit Trainer, Doc Louis (for Little Mac's trailer and win poses), Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Lucina, Robin, Chrom (for the Robin/Lucina trailer and Robin's Final Smash), Shulk and Ryu. All of them had their Japanese and English voice overs done in time for their appearances in trailers.

So, why would Cloud be an exception to something that has been the norm up till now?

Why was he given the same treatment as Roy, his trailer being in Japanese with subs, when if they were to hire an English language voice actor, they'd have done so in time for the trailer for non-Japanese audiences, just like all other characters?

Why would Cloud get a different treatment all of a sudden? It doesn't make sense. You could argue it's because it's a third party character or a DLC character, but then how would you explain Ryu?

All things point that he will speak Japanese only. I could be wrong, but it's how I see all this. It's a bit suspicious as to why the Japanese voice actor has already done the recording for the trailer and presumably gameplay, while the English VA hasn't even been contacted when this sort of situation didn't happen with any other character.

Just my thoughts regarding this.

Wait, how many stage slots are left on the 3DS?
There were two placeholders. With Cloud's stage being confirmed, there's only one remaining.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I do think considering the time frame Cloud started around the time Ryu and Roy finished.

At least another character was worked on alongside Cloud.

However at some point recently Sakurai started working on a third character, either as the ballot winner or an early choice for the ballot.

I think he will discuss solely the ballot and what the final stage of it will look like going forward. I doubt it's just 3 and then done. I really do.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I do think considering the time frame Cloud started around the time Ryu and Roy finished.

However at some point recently Sakurai started working on a third character, either as the ballot winner or an early choice for the ballot.

I think he will discuss solely the ballot and what the final stage of it will look like going forward. I doubt it's just 3 and then done. I really do.
I could see this easily being the case. Which is pretty good if you think about it. 7 pre ballot characters and then 3 after( that's what I feel will happen). Be a pretty good way of doing dlc.

Shroob

Sup?
If he wasn't contacted yet and Cloud is already at a later stage of development and the Japanese voice actor already did his lines, I'm not holding out for English VO.

I really think he's going to only have Japanese VO, given how the other trailers/character reveals were handled in regards to voice acting.

All other characters with Japanese and English voices had their voice overs done in time for their announcements. See Wii Fit Trainer, Doc Louis (for Little Mac's trailer and win poses), Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Lucina, Robin, Chrom (for the Robin/Lucina trailer and Robin's Final Smash), Shulk and Ryu. All of them had their Japanese and English voice overs done in time for their appearances in trailers.

So, why would Cloud be an exception to something that has been the norm up till now?

Why was he given the same treatment as Roy, his trailer being in Japanese with subs, when if they were to hire an English language voice actor, they'd have done so in time for the trailer for non-Japanese audiences, just like all other characters?

Why would Cloud get a different treatment all of a sudden? It doesn't make sense. You could argue it's because it's a third party character or a DLC character, but then how would you explain Ryu?

All things point that he will speak Japanese only. I could be wrong, but it's how I see all this. It's a bit suspicious as to why the Japanese voice actor has already done the recording for the trailer and presumably gameplay, while the English VA hasn't even been contacted when this sort of situation didn't happen with any other character.

Just my thoughts regarding this.

There were two placeholders. With Cloud's stage being confirmed, there's only one remaining.
*3. There were 3.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord

Yeah. One thing we have to keep in mind is that they can't keep the dev team together if there's nothing for them to do.

All the character designers and whatnot haven't just been twiddling their thumbs since June.

mark welford

Smash Ace

If you're theory is right, I hope one of those characters is Wolf. I enjoy seeing other characters join I really do but I want to see him come back so badly.

Khoru

Smash Champion
to be fair, it doesn't make sense for him to speak exclusively japanese
fe6 is still japan-only, and marth's japanese has been grandfathered in i guess
cloud, though... he's spoken english lots of times

i'm not debating your points or anything. i just think that this decision, assuming it is this way, is dumb

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

This makes some sense to me, but I also think that there's stuff yet to happen in 2016 and that not everything was started at this early stage. The fact that the final Smash Direct is this December doesn't mean we wont have more stuff later. It just means there won't be a Direct to showcase them. Like I said in this previous post....
I interpret it as being the last Direct dedicated to Smash. I think it'll probably tell us their plans for the future but by no means do I believe that this is it for Smash news. We know from experience that they don't need Directs to share DLC news with us. I foresee character reveal trailers being tweeted in 2016.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

3 waves of character DLC is a nice number. Like this idea the best and hope it's the case.

D

Deleted member

Nope like I said before, plan to get the special edition, which means I get to make your precious trap, die alone and friendless twice :p
And please stop kidding yourself you foolish tryhard, with taking the ow the edge path :p

I'm not salty, Traps are not girls, and never will be girls.
Looking like a girl doesn't make them girls
Traps/Traps are not the best of both worlds, it is just yaoi in another form.
The problem with Traps is they have something that girls don't have or need, only true girls can be in Yuri couples
So just give in Trash Trap Team, and admit Yri is the purest form of love and your traps belong in the trash :p

When referring to me, please use they
Special edition is for rich spoiled brats who can't handle decisions :p

Exactly, they're better :p
It's Yaoi and Yuri combined into something cuter :p
And everyone meeds some **** :p

But if it makes you feel better, my EO OCs have a Yuri couple
And a Trap
And an ow the edge couple
Because I can have and enjoy all and I'm not some exclusevely-Yuri trash :cool: :p
I just know that once December rolls around many many people will be filled with sadness and disappointment.
Wonder Red isn't there
HOPE LIVES ON!
Danger's comin'
Looming large
So who's gonna make a stand?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh and I have to share this great sudden death moment on for Glory:

I'm iggy.( sorry for quality, I only had my laptop camera.)

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
To give my honest opinion, I do think Cloud was from the Ballot. Mainly because the way Sakurai words his tweet that he made about Cloud and the fact that he would have to had been developed alongside Roy and Ryu to be pre-ballot.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Special edition is for rich spoiled brats who can't handle decisions :p

Exactly, they're better :p
It's Yaoi and Yuri combined into something cuter :p
And everyone meeds some **** :p

But if it makes you feel better, my EO OCs have a Yuri couple
And a Trap
And an ow the edge couple
Because I can have and enjoy all and I'm not some exclusevely-Yuri trash :cool: :p
Your just jealous, I can afford all 3 games. :p
Nope, Yaoi and Yuri should never be combined
Nope, Yuri is the cutest thing out there :p

Well if you if you have a yuri couple, you've almost awaken to the true path, come on go deeper into the rabbit hole, its nice down here :p
Well being Yuri fan is best, I don't want to be some low Tier Trash Trap Team :p

Link's sword is a little big.
Think he got some pointers from Cloud?
Or maybe it's the Big Goron Sword of Zelda Wii U

And seriously guys what was that about the new arcade Pokemon game that wasn't Pokken Tournament?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To give my honest opinion, I do think Cloud was from the Ballot. Mainly because the way Sakurai words his tweet that he made about Cloud and the fact that he would have to had been developed alongside Roy and Ryu to be pre-ballot.
Wasn't it cleared up earlier, that Sakurai said that because Cloud was difficult to develop?
Could be wrong but that's what I thought was said.
Your just jealous, I can afford all 3 games. :p
Nope, Yaoi and Yuri should never be combined
Nope, Yuri is the cutest thing out there :p

Well if you if you have a yuri couple, you've almost awaken to the true path, come on go deeper into the rabbit hole, its nice down here :p
Well being Yuri fan is best, I don't want to be some low Tier Trash Trap Team :p

Think he got some pointers from Cloud?
Or maybe it's the Big Goron Sword of Zelda Wii U

And seriously guys what was that about the new arcade Pokemon game that wasn't Pokken Tournament?
It's a weird battle minigame thing that has been out over a year( if not more in Japan). It was around way before pokken and results from this chip battle game they had before. It's nothing major but it got an update that added in Zygarde Complete Form.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Pokemon Tretta, it's an arcade game that's been out for awhile but it got an update recently called Ultimate Z.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
That's what Malon said. :troll:
I think you mean Zelda :p

All Link/Malon shippers are the enemies of Zelink shippers
They must burn for their sins against the Princess :troll:

Wasn't it cleared up earlier, that Sakurai said that because Cloud was difficult to develop?
Could be wrong but that's what I thought was said.

It's a weird battle minigame thing that has been out over a year( if not more in Japan). It was around way before pokken and results from this chip battle game they had before. It's nothing major but it got an update that added in Zygarde Complete Form.
Okay, thanks, that's interesting, wish I could play it.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Couldn't even make the disappointment collage. v_v
It's because he wont be disappointed because he's in the game obviously. :awesome:

pls sakuri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom