• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ryu came, and wasn't a Ballot character. My point is is that you can't possibly license a Ballot character AND develop them and their related stuff in that short a time.
I kind of have to agree.

Mewtwo took around 6 months.

Unless Cloud + Midgar started production all the way in April or May... It's hard to believe a character with this big a gimmick (limit breaks) this complicated of a stage and licencing issues would be done that quickly.

I mean Ryu had a simple stage, gimmick (Street Fighter Inputs) and licencing issues. He took around 8 months to complete.

Shroob

Sup?
Then who, pray tell, is more likely to return than him?
Could be that we get no more veterans at all, ya know.

The slots in the games code have 3 characters and 3 stages, so unless Sakurai adds a new stage without a character to go along with it ala Mario Maker, it's highly likely that these 3 slots are all Newcomers, Cloud being one of them.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Er, I was talking about how both are equally good kinks
Hey being a Yuri fan isn't a kink, it's a way of life :p

Also okay, that's fine, just make sure to keep Traps away from Yuri.

So anyway, what was this about a new Pokemon arcade game people are going on about, that isn't Pokken Tournament?

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
This isn't to bad, I can understand that. With Krystal her popularity can be hit or miss. Either way, I want wolf back first, then we can discuss another star fox character.
Also, sorry I keep forgetting to say this, but happy birthday!
As a Krystal fan, I can agree. She's not for everyone. I think one needs to see the character's potential rather than just what's on the surface, but you have to be willing to believe in the character and want that potential to be realized. I like the concept of Krystal and I love the idea of her in Smash, but, admittedly, I have to look beyond what is obvious about her to appreciate her as a character. Basically, yeah, she's not for everyone.

She does get an undue amount of hate though. It's actually refreshing to see people talk about her as a character they just didn't get into or get or whatever. It's far better than those people that hate her for existing, which is just a silly thing to think for just about any video game character.

NintenZ NintenZ

Even if you're not really a Krystal fan, I appreciate the pun shoutout, heh. Krystal needs more shoutouts around here.

Also, happy birthday I guess. Just noticed Zoroark said that.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only vets besides Wolf that have a decent chance seem to be Pichu(most popular after Mewtwo), and Snake. IC's would be there too, but 3DS issues say "nope".

New characters do seem fairly likely at this point. Wolf is hardly a shoo-in regardless, as even more time increases and still he's nowhere to be found(beyond a trophy and music). We've got at least two more left. Like with Push, I think Inklings and Shovel Knight have a good chance. If there's one more after that, maybe Wolf could come up next year. But I'm not holding out on that. Only one I think is really high up there in chances(not simply just good, but almost guaranteed) is Inklings right now. But that's it.

D

Deleted member

Nope, we already confirmed to have a 2016 release, and I can't wait to rub in your face, how I'm going to make your precious little trap, die alone and sad, as I pair everyone up and get their supports, except his
Jokes on you, you can't do that if you go Weeb Trash route
Nope sorry, but as a Yuri fan who has been burned by to many bait and switches involving Yuri.
Traps need to stay as far away as possible from, because by their very definition cannot be apart of Yuri

Yuri: A female/female couple
Traps: A boy dressed in female clothing

So nope traps, can't be apart of Yuri at all.
Oh I see, so you're just salty
Why don't you give in already? They look like girls after all
Besides, a Trap/Trap couple is best of both worlds
Er, I was talking about how both are equally good kinks
I have to agree with one thing he/she/they said
Hey being a Yuri fan Trap isn't a kink, it's a way of life :p

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

The slots in the games code have 3 characters and 3 stages, so unless Sakurai adds a new stage without a character to go along with it ala Mario Maker, it's highly likely that these 3 slots are all Newcomers, Cloud being one of them.
They specifically said not likely to return, over other characters. I think? They weren't clear.

It's highly likely that Sakurai could add more slots at anytime. It's not just likely; it's possible.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Or a veteran with his stage.

:snake:
:shadowmoses:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The only vets besides Wolf that have a decent chance seem to be Pichu(most popular after Mewtwo), and Snake. IC's would be there too, but 3DS issues say "nope".

New characters do seem fairly likely at this point. Wolf is hardly a shoo-in regardless, as even more time increases and still he's nowhere to be found(beyond a trophy and music). We've got at least two more left. Like with Push, I think Inklings and Shovel Knight have a good chance. If there's one more after that, maybe Wolf could come up next year. But I'm not holding out on that. Only one I think is really high up there in chances(not simply just good, but almost guaranteed) is Inklings right now. But that's it.
And Roy was just in plain sight, despite not even having a trophy?

I truly doubt SK and Inklings will be in. Wolf is more likely then the both of them.

Shroob

Sup?
Or a veteran with his stage.

:snake:
:shadowmoses:
I'm really doubtful of Shadow Moses Island returning simply because they'd either have to:

A: Record new lines for the new fighters.
B: Record a new line for the 'new' characters ala the DLC Palutena convos.
C: Cut them entirely, which would rob the stage of its main charm.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
As a Krystal fan, I can agree. She's not for everyone. I think one needs to see the character's potential rather than just what's on the surface, but you have to be willing to believe in the character and want that potential to be realized. I like the concept of Krystal and I love the idea of her in Smash, but, admittedly, I have to look beyond what is obvious about her to appreciate her as a character. Basically, yeah, she's not for everyone.

She does get an undue amount of hate though. It's actually refreshing to see people talk about her as a character they just didn't get into or get or whatever. It's far better than those people that hate her for existing, which is just a silly thing to think for just about any video game character.

NintenZ NintenZ

Even if you're not really a Krystal fan, I appreciate the pun shoutout, heh. Krystal needs more shoutouts around here.

Also, happy birthday I guess. Just noticed Zoroark said that.
Yeah, it was pretty clear as "Krystal" that it had low probability. ;)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Basically I'm at the point where I'm guessing two more characters at least, but three at most. All depends on whether or not that mysterious third character slot added was pre- or post-ballot.

If pre-ballot, then Inkling, Wolf, and ballot winner (I'll say K. Rool).

If post-ballot, then Inkling, plus ballot winner (Wolf if Sakurai wants to pick a veteran, otherwise K. Rool).

I'm still in the camp that thinks Inkling is far and away the most likely character at this point. Splatoon's just too massive to ignore.

Shroob

Sup?
They specifically said not likely to return, over other characters. I think? They weren't clear.

It's highly likely that Sakurai could add more slots at anytime. It's not just likely; it's possible.
He could, but if anything, if this Direct is anything to go by, it seems that Smash DLC is winding down. This is the final Smash centric direct, and while it says nothing about what the future of DLC will be, putting together the evidence kinda shows that Sakurai's endgame is in sight.

D

Deleted member

Like, this is kinda childish, dude, did you expect a VIP treatment or something? Sure seems like it. You act like the dude just broke a 5 year promise.
What I expected was to either get an answer or a non-answer directly. Not be blatantly ignored and be indirectly told outside the PM I wouldn't get one.
I wasn't aware that I wasn't the only one who messaged him last night. When Push mentioned that, I was less angry over it since he wasn't intentionally being rude.

I've already made my peace with the situation. So if you're going to do nothing but criticize me for something you clearly have a lack of understanding of after the fact, then **** off.

Cloud on 3DS. Mock up. Lol.

I wonder how exactly are they going to do this. Shrink the icons?

edit: source
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3stewo/how_will_the_3ds_css_look_like_after_the_cloud/
As much as people want to say "add a Page 2", shrinking the icons further would probably be the best bet unless we want to move ALL of the DLC to the next page like the stages (which might not be such a bad idea). Having a second page for only three characters is rather silly.

And once again, whoever made the mockup put Little Mac, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt in the wrong spots. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I'll support any Nintendo character now, doesn't matter who it is as long as its first party.

If there's only three more including Cloud, there's a decent chance only one more of those is owned by Nintendo.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Since Lucas my guess for number DLC characters has been and will remain at eight.

So I'm expecting three more past Cloud I guess.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What had low probability? I thought the "Krystal" clear thing was that Cloud would be the next DLC. Maybe that was low probability last week, but now it really is, well, like you said.
Yep, Cloud is Klearly the next one released. (Sorry I worded it wrong before)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So, with Cloud coming to Smash I decided to familiarise myself with him. I got Final Fantasy VII on Steam and played it for 2 hours. It's pretty damn good so far.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
8-12 total dlc characters has been my stance since i first looked at the space in allstar mode

they crazy dream thing i post is meerly my desire to have every character in smash history in one game

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
User was warned for this post
What I expected was to either get an answer or a non-answer directly. Not be blatantly ignored and be indirectly told outside the PM I wouldn't get one.
I wasn't aware that I wasn't the only one who messaged him last night. When Push mentioned that, I was less angry over it since he wasn't intentionally being rude.

I've already made my peace with the situation. So if you're going to do nothing but criticize me for something you clearly have a lack of understanding of after the fact, then **** off.

As much as people want to say "add a Page 2", shrinking the icons further would probably be the best bet unless we want to move ALL of the DLC to the next page like the stages (which might not be such a bad idea). Having a second page for only three characters is rather silly.

And once again, whoever made the mockup put Little Mac, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt in the wrong spots. :p
The hell is your problem? Sorry, but you posted it literally on the same page, and somebody had just replied to it so I felt the need to put in my own two cents.

Can you stop being so aggresive for no reason? You act like we're out to kill you. If you have issues with anger, then I understand, but if you don't, you SERIOUSLY need to chill out.

You could've replied in any way that was not rude, hateful, and profanity-laden but you chose to go just that route. I'm not sure if you think it makes you a total epic "I don't give a tarnation" kind of guy but you're really just acting like a total jerk.

Since you can't learn not to be an ass who seemingly only has negative things to say, there's that little write-up for you.

D

Deleted member

Since Lucas my guess for number DLC characters has and will remain at eight.

So I'm expecting three more past Cloud I guess.
I'm around at the same number
2 is already guaranteed with the slots and another one being added later is possible
Though we could get a Lucas situation and get the next two alongside Cloud being revealed during the broadcast
And if this IS the last Smash announcement...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And Roy was just in plain sight, despite not even having a trophy?

I truly doubt SK and Inklings will be in. Wolf is more likely then the both of them.
Roy was highly requested everywhere as well. SK is definitely high up there right now, as he's talked about heavily, had tons of crossovers, and is the most notable Indie now. Wolf doesn't have what Inklings have either. While he's a popular vet request, the Inklings ultimately are the most popular newcomer choice Nintendo can have.

If the characters are all new(which is possible), Inklings are pretty much in bar the new characters solely being 3rd party. They're Palutena tier at this point.

I want Wolf as much as the next guy, but I don't see him all that likely unless we're guaranteed a vet(and he has practically nothing going against him, but that outright assumes we're getting another vet, which Sakurai's famitsu column implies is done with vets). And that's assuming Snake doesn't come back at all. Pichu is last, but only because he wasn't as popular in Melee as some characters. Still a very high request, is a major mascot(for both Gen II and baby Pokemon), and is iconic to boot.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Roy was highly requested everywhere as well. SK is definitely high up there right now, as he's talked about heavily, had tons of crossovers, and is the most notable Indie now. Wolf doesn't have what Inklings have either. While he's a popular vet request, the Inklings ultimately are the most popular newcomer choice Nintendo can have.

If the characters are all new(which is possible), Inklings are pretty much in bar the new characters solely being 3rd party. They're Palutena tier at this point.

I want Wolf as much as the next guy, but I don't see him all that likely unless we're guaranteed a vet(and he has practically nothing going against him, but that outright assumes we're getting another vet, which Sakurai's famitsu column implies is done with vets). And that's assuming Snake doesn't come back at all. Pichu is last, but only because he wasn't as popular in Melee as some characters. Still a very high request, is a major mascot(for both Gen II and baby Pokemon), and is iconic to boot.
I would argue Wolf was even more requested then Roy.

SK over Shantae or Quote? Alright. Here's some reminders. Also; Goku had tons of crossovers. Being in crossovers doesn't really help a character into Smash (crossovers like Runbow)

-Shovel Knight is multiplatform
-Shovel Knight is unreleased in Japan
-Shovel Knight is a year old
-Shovel Knight isn't, despite what many people seem to think, the most popular indie game of all time. Once again, Quote.

Shovel Knight, in the Smash community, is talked about either very positively, or quite negatively. Look, I love his game, love the character, hate the possibility of him being in Smash.

Also, you put far too much stock into Inklings. And all the characters are new? Most of the characters I see voted are quite old. Inklings are very popular, yes, but I would think there's multiple characters, such as K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Isaac, or Paper Mario, with more votes then them.

I would really like Pichu, though. It'd be fun to main their little backpack costume.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm really doubtful of Shadow Moses Island returning simply because they'd either have to:

A: Record new lines for the new fighters.
B: Record a new line for the 'new' characters ala the DLC Palutena convos.
C: Cut them entirely, which would rob the stage of its main charm.
Or they could simply keep the old lines and not record new ones, though that would be disappointing.
Although option B is very likely anyways.

I could imagine if Snake came back, they'd get Hayter to revoice him, but not replace the old codecs, and have him do a new codec for characters not in Brawl, where he gets no reply.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I hope that we get at least three ballot newcomers. So two more if Cloud is ballot, three more if he's pre-ballot.

Dunno about veterans at this point.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Jokes on you, you can't do that if you go Weeb Trash route
Nope like I said before, plan to get the special edition, which means I get to make your precious trap, die alone and friendless twice :p
And please stop kidding yourself you foolish tryhard, with taking the ow the edge path :p

Oh I see, so you're just salty
Why don't you give in already? They look like girls after all
Besides, a Trap/Trap couple is best of both worlds
I'm not salty, Traps are not girls, and never will be girls.
Looking like a girl doesn't make them girls
Traps/Traps are not the best of both worlds, it is just yaoi in another form.
The problem with Traps is they have something that girls don't have or need, only true girls can be in Yuri couples
So just give in Trash Trap Team, and admit Yri is the purest form of love and your traps belong in the trash :p

I have to agree with one thing he/she/they said
When referring to me, please use they

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Damn this will cause destruction:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

I want Wolf as much as the next guy, but I don't see him all that likely unless we're guaranteed a vet(and he has practically nothing going against him, but that outright assumes we're getting another vet, which Sakurai's famitsu column implies is done with vets). And that's assuming Snake doesn't come back at all.
Sad as it may be, this is the first time since DLC was announced that I've felt Wolf may not be coming.

With just two placeholders left and the Presentation being the last news for Smash 4 we'll get, I'm hard-pressed to believe Wolf is showing up unless it's revealed there is at least one more character unrelated to the proposed Cloud/DLC #6/DLC #7 set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom