• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've been out for hours, can someone fill me in? Did we get new info?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sad as it may be, this is the first time since DLC was announced that I've felt Wolf may not be coming.

With just two placeholders left and the Presentation being the last news for Smash 4 we'll get, I'm hard-pressed to believe Wolf is showing up unless it's revealed there is at least one more character unrelated to the proposed Cloud/DLC #6/DLC #7 set.
Well, we could still get more in next year. During a different Nintendo direct. The idea he'll come around when SF-Zero releases isn't farfetched. It's a fair timing. But who knows. If he isn't, he isn't. If he is, he is. I've moved on overall, and I'm pretty happy with my mains selection anyway. :)

At this point i've given up on speculation. K rool and wold, the two shoo-in characters still aren't in and we have CLOUD STRIFE (Im still super excited about t his haha).

Anything I wind up saying will wind up biting me >_>

Playing some FF7 I quite like it even if im still very early.
just got to this big tent town
looks like I have to crossdress very soon. I assumed it would be much later >_>

D

Deleted member

Well, we could still get more in next year. During a different Nintendo direct. The idea he'll come around when SF-Zero releases isn't farfetched. It's a fair timing. But who knows. If he isn't, he isn't. If he is, he is. I've moved on overall, and I'm pretty happy with my mains selection anyway. :)
You do realize that this Presentation is said to be the last broadcast for Smash Wii U/3DS, right?
Whatever's shown there is it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I would argue Wolf was even more requested then Roy.

SK over Shantae or Quote? Alright. Here's some reminders. Also; Goku had tons of crossovers. Being in crossovers doesn't really help a character into Smash (crossovers like Runbow)

-Shovel Knight is multiplatform
-Shovel Knight is unreleased in Japan
-Shovel Knight is a year old
-Shovel Knight isn't, despite what many people seem to think, the most popular indie game of all time. Once again, Quote.

Shovel Knight, in the Smash community, is talked about either very positively, or quite negatively. Look, I love his game, love the character, hate the possibility of him being in Smash.

Also, you put far too much stock into Inklings. And all the characters are new? Most of the characters I see voted are quite old. Inklings are very popular, yes, but I would think there's multiple characters, such as K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Isaac, or Paper Mario, with more votes then them.

I would really like Pichu, though. It'd be fun to main their little backpack costume.
Inklings have international appeal, are extremely relevant, and are popular among all sorts of people. We can probably assume they'll get more votes from people "outside" what we'd consider the Smash community. I would not underestimate them. This is coming from someone that's not really into them and would rather see many other characters get in first.

Even just based on polls within our community, Inkling's seem to be the most requested Newcomers this side of K. Rool. Even Isaac probably sits third in popularity to them. Then the rest of the newcomers are more or less crowded below these big three... Bandana Dee, Krystal, Dixie, Paper Mario, Impa, (Ridley still), and the third parties Banjo, Bomberman, and Rayman. Below them it's an even more crowded bunch of semi-popular choices. Shantae and Shovel Knight are hard to place since they appear to have zero presence in Japan. Rayman is also in this situation a bit. Most comprehensive polls show that they (SK and Shantae) are likely not more popular than K. Rool, Inkling, or Isaac stateside though, so I can see them going from top 10 material here to more like outside the top 15 internationally. Of course, this is just based on the various polls and research that's been done within the community. There's a lot that's not accounted for. I think Inkling is one of those characters that has a number of unaccounted votes and we can probably assume is even stronger on the ballot than they appear.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You do realize that this Presentation is said to be the last broadcast for Smash Wii U/3DS, right?
No, that's not what was said. It's the last Smash direct overall. Smash news itself may come in other types of directs. At least, that's how I interpreted it.

Shroob

Sup?
We'll know what Sakurai's plans are whenever the patch hits, I feel.

If he adds a new character slot, then we should expect more in the future. If he doesn't, we should call gg imo.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Inklings have international appeal, are extremely relevant, and are popular among all sorts of people. We can probably assume they'll get more votes from people "outside" what we'd consider the Smash community. I would not underestimate them. This is coming from someone that's not really into them and would rather see many other characters get in first.

Even just based on polls within our community, Inkling's seem to be the most requested Newcomers this side of K. Rool. Even Isaac probably sits third in popularity to them. Then the rest of the newcomers are more or less crowded below these big three... Banadana Dee, Krystal, Dixie, Paper Mario, Impa, and the third parties Banjo, Bomberman, and Rayman. Below them it's an even more crowded bunch of semi-popular choices. Shantae and Shovel Knight are hard to place since they appear to have zero presence in Japan. Rayman is also in this situation a bit. Most comprehensive polls show that they (SK and Shantae) are likely not more popular than K. Rool, Inkling, or Isaac stateside though, so I can see them going from top 10 material here to more like outside the top 15 internationally. Of course, this is just based on the various polls and research that's been done within the community. There's a lot that's not accounted for. I think Inkling is one of those characters that has a number of unaccounted votes and we can probably assume is even stronger on the ballot than they appear.
I'm just one of those goons who think they'll be saved for Smash 5, really. I can see your points.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Where did it say that? I sure don't remember anything like that in the Europe broadcast.

D

Deleted member

No, that's not what was said. It's the last Smash direct overall. Smash news itself may come in other types of directs. At least, that's how I interpreted it.
Nintendo of Europe said:
Additionally, a special broadcast – the last one for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS – will be released in December.
Doesn't sound like "last 'Smash Direct'" to me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At this point i've given up on speculation. K rool and wold, the two shoo-in characters still aren't in and we have CLOUD STRIFE (Im still super excited about t his haha).

Anything I wind up saying will wind up biting me >_>

Playing some FF7 I quite like it even if im still very early.
just got to this big tent town
looks like I have to crossdress very soon. I assumed it would be much later >_>
Whos Wold? Is that wolf's long lost cousin?
:p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'm just one of those goons who think they'll be saved for Smash 5, really. I can see your points.
I wouldn't mind if they got saved for Smash 5 at all either. I'd rather have Rool, Isaac, Krystal, Dixie, and Impa before them myself, and I'd accept a couple vets and third parties first too. But I see their appeal and I'm not gonna underestimate their chances. Basically, if they're DLC, I wont be surpised... unlike the whole thing with Cloud, lol~

Soul.

Meh.

Shrinking the icons on the 3DS version's CSS would be more ideal imo instead of adding another page, which I feel would be blank. Unless they make the DLC icons big like the CSS at E3 2014, which I also doubt.

either way is fine to me honestly so i don't really care how it looks like.

D

Deleted member

That is exactly what it sounds like though.
The way I see it, it's a case of "Half-Full vs. Half-Empty".
"the last one for..." can be interpreted either "the last [broadcast] for..." or "the last [special broadcast] for..."
I see it the former, you see it the latter.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
RIDDLE...

Can you find Waldo in this photo? I don't think you can!

This reminds me:
Who remembers the pokemon find it book?
They pages had some really funny things going on. For example find alakazam and see what he is doing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
"the last one for..." can be interpreted either "the last [broadcast] for..." or "the last [special broadcast] for..."
Exactly my point. It could be either. That's all I'm getting at.

I'm satisfied at this point either way.

Agumon being announced would be cool though. :awesome: Pretty notable Bandai-Namco choice, and could easily have a unique gimmick. The issue is transformations are difficult on the 3DS, so it might hold back his potential.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I guess my assumption about three characters was correct if it's le finale.

It's technically possible for more Smash content afterwards, but I pretty strongly doubt it if they're emphasising it's "The final Smash broadcast for Wii U/3DS".

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I interpret it as being the last Direct dedicated to Smash. I think it'll probably tell us their plans for the future but by no means do I believe that this is it for Smash news. We know from experience that they don't need Directs to share DLC news with us. I foresee character reveal trailers being tweeted in 2016.

This reminds me:
Who remembers the pokemon find it book?
They pages had some really funny things going on. For example find alakazam and see what he is doing.
I'd like to point out the dragonair coiled around a machop clearly in distress. I think we may be witnessing a murder in progress

RIP

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Agumon being announced would be cool though. :awesome: Pretty notable Bandai-Namco choice, and could easily have a unique gimmick. The issue is transformations are difficult on the 3DS, so it might hold back his potential.
Now there's something that blow the minds of LATE nineties kids rather than you old farts and your Marios and Sonics.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm starting to get the feeling that DLC Mii Fighter costumes ARE a death sentence to DLC characters all over again, and I don't completely know why. Maybe it's just me trying to not set myself up for potential disappointment.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Now there's something that blow the minds of LATE nineties kids rather than you old farts and your Marios and Sonics.
ToyAgumon alt or bust. :p

I do like the idea of a slow digivolution mechanic, but that's unfeasible right now. Would be fun for Smash 5. At this point, a Warp Digivolve Final Smash works. I think just about every Agumon variation can go into Greymon, so it doesn't look weird which alt does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom