• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
ToyAgumon alt or bust. :p

I do like the idea of a slow digivolution mechanic, but that's unfeasible right now. Would be fun for Smash 5. At this point, a Warp Digivolve Final Smash works. I think just about every Agumon variation can go into Greymon, so it doesn't look weird which alt does it.
Yeah, Agumon would probably be limited due to that, but it would be great if they could pull it off. At the very least, having Greymon as a potential form for Agumon to take would be a good way to show off the mechanic since that form is probably the second most iconic Digimon for the franchise.

I think you mean Zelda :p

All Link/Malon shippers are the enemies of Zelink shippers
They must burn for their sins against the Princess :troll:
That's a funny way of saying Link/Midna. :awesome:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So if one stage remains then it's either we get two characters from already featured games and another classic stage or there's one from a new series and one from an already featured one.

This could mean Wolf and Snake if you think about it. Unlikely but...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just know that once December rolls around many many people will be filled with sadness and disappointment.
It looks this is implying Shovel Knight will get in, because everyone is staring at him.
In particular, fellow indie Shantae is given him a disturbing glare, possibly out of jealousy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
to be fair, it doesn't make sense for him to speak exclusively japanese
fe6 is still japan-only, and marth's japanese has been grandfathered in i guess
cloud, though... he's spoken english lots of times

i'm not debating your points or anything. i just think that this decision, assuming it is this way, is dumb
Well, you could say that it doesn't make sense for him to not speak English considering he's done so in his games, though I honestly I don't mind him only speaking Japanese. Some of the more hardcore JRPG fans may actually prefer that way given the lack of audio language options in Smash.

Marth and Roy are, of course, grandfathered in. Sure, FE6 is still Japan-only, but he does appear in Awakening as DLC, where his Smash design partially takes some inspiration from. Both have appearances in games (that aren't Smash) that released outside of Japan.

The fact Marth and Roy could've easily been dubbed in English (Marth did get an English voice in Code Name STEAM) and are the only characters to not have their Japanese dialogue dubbed strikes me as a sort of homage to Melee and how they introduced the FE series to the West.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just know that once December rolls around many many people will be filled with sadness and disappointment.
The lack of Henry Fleming either means he's completely forgotten about, or he's in. :awesome:

It's the latter. It's always the latter. :p

Henry Fleming Radio.png

I mean that's the closest he even has to one of these faces.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Well, you could say that it doesn't make sense for him to not speak English considering he's done so in his games, though I honestly I don't mind him only speaking Japanese. Some of the more hardcore JRPG fans may actually prefer that way given the lack of audio language options in Smash.

Marth and Roy are, of course, grandfathered in. Sure, FE6 is still Japan-only, but he does appear in Awakening as DLC, where his Smash design partially takes some inspiration from. Both have appearances in games (that aren't Smash) that released outside of Japan.

The fact Marth and Roy could've easily been dubbed in English (Marth did get an English voice in Code Name STEAM) and are the only characters to not have their Japanese dialogue dubbed strikes me as a sort of homage to Melee and how they introduced the FE series to the West.
I wish Smash had the same dual audio capability as SF4, where you can choose which characters have which voices.

For example, I love Adam Howden as Shulk, but Japanese Ike is love.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The lack of Henry Fleming either means he's completely forgotten about, or he's in. :awesome:

It's the latter. It's always the latter. :p

View attachment 82982
I mean that's the closest he even has to one of these faces.
While Henry probably won't happen for now, a mii costume of him could be really cool.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So from deduction of the files

3 character slots
4 stage slots

-1 character for Cloud
/2 for Final Destination

-1 Stage for Midgar

Ergo, 2 unkown characters and 1 unkown stage. Have I got that right?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So if one stage remains then it's either we get two characters from already featured games and another classic stage or there's one from a new series and one from an already featured one.

i thought there were two stage spots left?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, Agumon would probably be limited due to that, but it would be great if they could pull it off. At the very least, having Greymon as a potential form for Agumon to take would be a good way to show off the mechanic since that form is probably the second most iconic Digimon for the franchise.
Indeed. And unlike Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZSS, and PT, this is ar more integral to the character overall. It'd be like having Charizard without Flamethrower. Too unbelievable.

D

Deleted member

Your just jealous, I can afford all 3 games. :p
Nope, Yaoi and Yuri should never be combined
Nope, Yuri is the cutest thing out there :p

Well if you if you have a yuri couple, you've almost awaken to the true path, come on go deeper into the rabbit hole, its nice down here :p
Well being Yuri fan is best, I don't want to be some low Tier Trash Trap Team :p

Think he got some pointers from Cloud?
Or maybe it's the Big Goron Sword of Zelda Wii U

And seriously guys what was that about the new arcade Pokemon game that wasn't Pokken Tournament?
Gurren Lagaan has taught me that combining things make them cooler :p

That's because I can respect others ****taste and I'm not forced to limit myself to one lifestyle :p

All Link/Malon shippers are the enemies of Zelink shippers
They must burn for their sins against the Princess :troll:
Ok, now you've gone too far
Link/Malon is the only true shipping
Or rather Link/Marin is the OTP

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

There's technically two stage slots left.
One that was leftover from Update 1.0.6 (presumably for the Wind Waker Stage that was speculated to be scrapped from the 3DS version in 1.1.1) and two that were added in Update 1.1.1.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Oh and I have to share this replay I had from For Glory

Shovel Knights' just lie:
"eh fair enough"
Shovel Knight doesn't even emote lol
It looks this is implying Shovel Knight will get in, because everyone is staring at him.
In particular, fellow indie Shantae is given him a disturbing glare, possibly out of jealousy.
The joke is supposed to be that he's sad underneath the helmet, and you just can't see it.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Gurren Lagaan has taught me that combining things make them cooler :p

That's because I can respect others ****taste and I'm not forced to limit myself to one lifestyle :p

Ok, now you've gone too far
Link/Malon is the only true shipping
Or rather Link/Marin is the OTP
It's time you learned not all things should be combined :p

Yeah sure keep telling yourself that you silly tryhard :p

More sinners who must be burned for the Princess :evil:

Actually I'm pretty neutral on Zelda pairings, just ship 'em with who you like

And for the record my favourite Zelda ship is actually the King of Red Lions :awesome:

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
It would make sense to get the DLC out before Christmas, so I'm gonna guess 2nd or 3rd week of December for the special broadcast.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It makes no sense to broadcast it after Christmas.

Like, its downright idiotic to do that.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
It makes no sense to broadcast it after Christmas.

Like, its downright idiotic to do that.
Yeah, that's not happening. That's also why I think we're in for a ride, since they want to sell those Smash Wii U + Splatoon bundles.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't think people could handle Star Wars and Smash in a single day
Forgot about Star Wars haha. But I don't see it being before the date of the direct( meaning before December 12th) and it is definitely not going to be after Christmas. This way Children can use the eshop cards they get for Christmas to buy them. Or something like that. Basically Christmas would be a good way for them to make sales. The 18th is a good day for it. But if it's done later, then Star wars( as weird as that is) could actually take away views imo. So maybe the 14th? Another Thursday and a little over a month since the broadcast announcement, could work well.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So apparently, Zelda U has a lot of Goats roaming around in its world.

Is this the sequel to Goat Simulator? :troll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom