• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Can I get @PushDustIn or anyone privy to the datamining info to back me up on Pirate Ship having an _f prefix? If it does, then this news almost confirms a veteran release, imo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm serious, the presentation better be on the 6th
2 girls combining is a bad thing,cause its them become just one thing, but them becoming a couple is awesome :p

But do you burn like a disco inferno?

But the King of Red Lions can talks DX
Who doesn't want a talking boat?
Especially one posed by the King of Hyrule?
Garnet would like to have a talk with you

Because the owner of the SS Linebeck is the greatest Zelda character ever

Shroob

Sup?
Guys, I may have just cracked the code. If that blank spot was meant for Pirate Ship before it got cut, Wolf(Or any veteran you can think of who isn't in the game yet), chances just skyrocketed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay, so, I'm going to make my bold prediction.

We're getting Wolf, OR Snake back(Less likely), and they will be released alongside Cloud.

As mentioned before, the missing stage comes before Duck Hunt on the 3ds. Now, as mentioned previously, on the WiiU version, Pirate Ship as a _f affiliated with it. All stages that share versions have this prefix to them, meaning at one point, Pirate Ship was supposed to be on the 3DS as well, but was cut, and replaced with Duck Hunt. This is why Duck Hunt is a free update, imo. However, its placeholder data was not removed for one reason or another.

With this information, this means we have 3 characters coming, and 2 stages. NOTE that the new Character AND Stage slot were added in the last patch, meaning that it's highly likely that this 3rd character could be the ballot choice, and a Newcomer to boot, since they're getting a stage alongside them.

However, this leaves the leftover data. 2 characters, and 1 stage that we already had. Cloud and Midgar are the character and stage, obviously, meaning that the other character does NOT come with a stage.

As far as Smash 4 is concerned, DLC newcomers so far always come bundled with a stage, while VETERANS do not.... See where I'm going with this?

TL;DR: If the 2nd stage on the 3DS was meant for Pirate Ship and is now just leftover data of what could have been, this almost GUARANTEES us a VETERAN reveal alongside Cloud.

Am I crazy, or am I just crazy?
I mean...

That makes some level of sense....

But still, its a bit iffy.

Not the logic.

Just whether or not it will actually happen.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Okay, so, I'm going to make my bold prediction.

We're getting Wolf, OR Snake back(Less likely), and they will be released alongside Cloud.

As mentioned before, the missing stage comes before Duck Hunt on the 3ds. Now, as mentioned previously, on the WiiU version, Pirate Ship as a _f affiliated with it. All stages that share versions have this prefix to them, meaning at one point, Pirate Ship was supposed to be on the 3DS as well, but was cut, and replaced with Duck Hunt. This is why Duck Hunt is a free update, imo. However, its placeholder data was not removed for one reason or another.

With this information, this means we have 3 characters coming, and 2 stages. NOTE that the new Character AND Stage slot were added in the last patch, meaning that it's highly likely that this 3rd character could be the ballot choice, and a Newcomer to boot, since they're getting a stage alongside them.

However, this leaves the leftover data. 2 characters, and 1 stage that we already had. Cloud and Midgar are the character and stage, obviously, meaning that the other character does NOT come with a stage.

As far as Smash 4 is concerned, DLC newcomers so far always come bundled with a stage, while VETERANS do not.... See where I'm going with this?

TL;DR: If the 2nd stage on the 3DS was meant for Pirate Ship and is now just leftover data of what could have been, this almost GUARANTEES us a VETERAN reveal alongside Cloud.

Am I crazy, or am I just crazy?
I mean, that stage could also be Midgar. Suzaku Castle is on both versions, and Midgar has clearly been in development for a while.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean...

That makes some level of sense....

But still, its a bit iffy.

Not the logic.

Just whether or not it will actually happen.
It all falls onto where the stage lies. If it comes before Duck Hunt in the 3DS' list, I'd say it's almost a lock.

AreJay25 AreJay25

But why before Duck Hunt?

EDIT:

Boom. This, imo, STRONGLY implies that Pirate Ship was meant to be on the 3DS, but was cut and replaced with Duck Hunt, meaning that the space between Mario Maker and Duck Hunt was supposed to be Pirate Ship.

Last edited:

AreJay25

It all falls onto where the stage lies. If it comes before Duck Hunt in the 3DS' list, I'd say it's almost a lock.

AreJay25 AreJay25

But why before Duck Hunt?

EDIT:

Boom
Oops, my mistake. Got them mixed up. Thought _f stages were shared.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We really need someone to look through the Wii U files to confirm this.

If Pirate Ship is just after Mario Maker with no Space then we got ourselves some evidence.

If there is a similar space, it means this notion is wrong.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I'm serious, the presentation better be on the 6th

Garnet would like to have a talk with you

Because the owner of the SS Linebeck is the greatest Zelda character ever
Who the hell is Garnet?

But the King of Red Lions has the King of Hyrule, how could you not want to own the boat his soul poses? DX

Shroob

Sup?
We really need someone to look through the Wii U files to confirm this.

If Pirate Ship is just after Mario Maker with no Space then we got ourselves some evidence.

If there is a similar space, it means this notion is wrong.
Yes, please. If this is right I'll take a picture of myself eating my shoe I'd be that happy.

Chrono.

In all seriousness if one character is coming back and they can't have a stage...

They're either any vet sides ICs and Snake or a newcomer from an existing series (would they REALLY need a new stage?).

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Let's not look through files.
I know people want more info, but we have a release period for that info.
Can't we just do some old fashioned speculation?
For old times sake?

Shroob

Sup?
For old times sake?
We're only looking through what has been looked through hundreds of times already. It's not like we can guess who the other character Cloud is coming with with the info we have in the game already.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For old times sake?
You mean the same tired arguments that won't end?

I'd rather have some closure on this.

Chrono.

For old times sake?
I also agree with this...

While this information could be game changing, there's only a couple weeks left till December, nothing wrong with waiting a little bit till then.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
will if there new characters to the smash series they would need a stage for them.Like cloud needs a stage because he didn't have one before.So if we get 2 new character series in smash the last 2 stages would have to be bundled with them
And it is entirely possible the Ballot winners WON'T be a new series rep. Infact I think they won't be.

Dunno, why did they bundle stages with Ryu and Cloud? Seriously why do you think 2 more characters having stages bundled with them would be random?
Because, as Awesome stated, they were new and unrepped series. You assume the Ballot winners will be from new series, whereas everything else points to this being rivaled. It's completely 50/50 here.

AreJay25

I don't understand why they'd try to port over Pirate Ship to 3DS anyways. The ONE stage that has water doesn't even allow for swimming.

D

Deleted member

I just realized something funny
You know how trophies have listed two games the character appeared in? And how it shows the system it was on? Yeah...
Why though?
Guess what was released on that date last yeat
Who the hell is Garnet?

But the King of Red Lions has the King of Hyrule, how could you not want to own the boat his soul poses? DX
The embodiment of Gayness :p
Just look it up

Linebeck>>>>>>Literally any other Zelda character

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't understand why they'd try to port over Pirate Ship to 3DS anyways. The ONE stage that has water doesn't even allow for swimming.
That's probably why it didn't end up happening.

Shroob

Sup?
It's possible that this 2nd character could indeed be a character from an already represented series, but so far, none of the newcomers that we have had had not had a new stage with them. Yes, they were from new franchises, but we also don't have anything else to go off of because of this. We can't say for 100% certainty that if we got a newcomer from say, Donkey Kong, that they wouldn't get a new stage or that they would.

That, we can't know until the Direct.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
You mean the same tired arguments that won't end?

I'd rather have some closure on this.
It's closure we'll get in a matter of weeks.
And I seriously doubt what you'll find will decrease the arguments or their frequency.
We're only looking through what has been looked through hundreds of times already. It's not like we can guess who the other character Cloud is coming with with the info we have in the game already.
I'm just saying that data mining has done nothing but suck the surprise out of announcements so far.

I'll gladly take speculation.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If this new theory is true then it's NOT Snake. Snake would clearly come with a stage, either his Brawl stage or a new one. No way would they introduce a third party character, vet or otherwise, and not give him a stage.

It would be kind of unfair to Konami... and to us.... no Metal Gear music!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If this new theory is true then it's NOT Snake. Snake would clearly come with a stage, either his Brawl stage or a new one. No way would they introduce a third party character, vet or otherwise, and not give him a stage.
This is a sad but true reality of this theory.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I'm sorry but any vet besides Snake,Ivysaur, or squirtle would just bring me disappointment
But what about Wolf? Oh, right you'd lose a bet :p

And what about Pichu? He is in your avatar after all

I just realized something funny
You know how trophies have listed two games the character appeared in? And how it shows the system it was on? Yeah...

Guess what was released on that date last yeat

The embodiment of Gayness :p
Just look it up

Linebeck>>>>>>Literally any other Zelda character
I did it turned up nothing

But the King of Hyrule!
His ship sails in the morning after all.
Just send Link if he's not back in the morning.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think after revealing both Ryu and Cloud.

Anything that's not a newcomer at this phase of DLC will just seem like an afterthought unless it's Snake or Ice Climbers.

And both of those have a very unlikely chance to happen.

Really expect only newcomers from this point out.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

It would be kind of unfair to Konami... and to us.... no Metal Gear music!
What's the summary of this theory? I got a bit lost.

Shroob

Sup?
What's the summary of this theory? I got a bit lost.
There aren't 3 stages left, but 2. One of the stages was meant for Pirate Ship to be on the 3DS, but it was cut. This is supported by Pirate Ship on the WiiU having a _F prefix, which all shared stages have.

If there's only 2 stages left, but three characters, it begs the question if one of those characters is a veteran, or a newcomer from an existing franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom