• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

imo i'd expect them to broadcast the presentation around December 10th, a Thursday. I mean, it COULD be earlier than that but that's just what I think.

Unless it's on a Sunday, in which case it would be December 6th, or a Tuesday like the April 2014 Smash Direct.

D

Deleted member

Smash presentation is obviously on December 6th
It's time you learned not all things should be combined :p

Yeah sure keep telling yourself that you silly tryhard :p

More sinners who must be burned for the Princess :evil:

Actually I'm pretty neutral on Zelda pairings, just ship 'em with who you like

And for the record my favourite Zelda ship is actually the King of Red Lions :awesome:
Yeah, like two girls :p

I sin so you don't have to

No, best Zelda ship is the S.S. Linebeck :p

Shroob

Sup?
That's actually a rather good point that someone mentioned.

We're assuming that we're getting three new stages, but what if we only get TWO?

Hear me out. One of the stages in the dlc section comes before(?) Duck Hunt, which, to me at least, seems to imply that they were trying to make Pirate Ship work, but failed, and left the data in the game.

If that IS the case, then it's actually very reasonable to believe we're getting 3 characters, and 2 stages, which would, in theory, give Wolf a HUGE boost.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If it's the 6th, that's amazing because it's one day after my semester ends and break begins from college!

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Yeah, the Wii U hard drive leaves a lot to be desired.

32 GB as the biggest size option is underwhelming.

Nothing that an external hard drive doesn't solve, but they should have gone with bigger hard drive space in the first place.

Like, 100 GB or 250 GB for a standard edition and 500 GB or 750 GB for a bigger edition.
As much as I want to agree, I just cant.

I rather buy a huge external or internal hard drive for dirt cheap. I mean for my Wii U I bought a 1TB external for under $50 (I think it was 45ish) and for my PC I bought a 3TB external for under $90.

That said, having versions with different sizes sounds great to me. If someone wants convenience (larger HD they dont have to change) then they can pay more, but others can buy a version with a smaller HD and upgrade or get an external for cheap. Heck I'd be down for an arcade version ala the Xbob360.......just as long as storage isnt proprietary.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Anyone up for some Online Smash matches? I don't really have anything to do at the moment and it does get boring onto For Glory all the time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, there were only two stage alots in the last patch
Midgar is one of them

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Guys, there were only two stage alots in the last patch
Midgar is one of them
There is one though that's still left over from Patch 1.0.6 though that's listed above the Duck Hunt Stage internally. All of this from the 3DS Version.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's actually a rather good point that someone mentioned.

We're assuming that we're getting three new stages, but what if we only get TWO?

Hear me out. One of the stages in the dlc section comes before(?) Duck Hunt, which, to me at least, seems to imply that they were trying to make Pirate Ship work, but failed, and left the data in the game.

If that IS the case, then it's actually very reasonable to believe we're getting 3 characters, and 2 stages, which would, in theory, give Wolf a HUGE boost.
Any proof of that?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
historically, humans wielded swords up to 10x their size
Wait. . .like, bigger than Magnus's sword then?

Can I have a picture of someone actually wielding this? Because I want to visualize this and logic is getting in the way.

Wait. . .like, bigger than Magnus's sword then?

Can I have a picture of someone actually wielding this? Because I want to visualize this and logic is getting in the way.
It's a reference. :p

That would be a really big sword when you think how long 10 people are. It wouldn't even hit in my dorm room . ..

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I don't. We've had 5 DLC characters, 2 of them have stages. Why randomly make the "last 2" have stages bundled with them?
will if there new characters to the smash series they would need a stage for them.Like cloud needs a stage because he didn't have one before.So if we get 2 new character series in smash the last 2 stages would have to be bundled with them

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Smash presentation is obviously on December 6th

Yeah, like two girls :p

I sin so you don't have to

No, best Zelda ship is the S.S. Linebeck :p
2 girls combining is a bad thing,cause its them become just one thing, but them becoming a couple is awesome :p

But do you burn like a disco inferno?

But the King of Red Lions can talks DX
Who doesn't want a talking boat?
Especially one posed by the King of Hyrule?

Soul.

I still need some Smashville on the 3DS version aaaaahhhh why wasn't it in already

inb4 never happens

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With there being at least one stage left do you think we'll get a 6th (or 7th including Snake) 3rd party character?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Etika thinks Cloud has been in development for up to two years.

Just stick to screaming for money honey.
Yeah, that part was... rather questionable to say the least lol :p

Then again he did say it maybe could've potentially taken 1 - 1.5 or 2 years but whatever...

I like his point about the whole "we don't know about the inner workings and relations of certain companies" thing. Its pretty damn true.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I see your avatar change. Coricus Coricus . :)
Glad you love it.
I need to test multiplayer at some point.

I'm at 61:24 on my save, finished the story mode, and am gradually carving my way through the missions.

I feel like I missed a boss at some point, though. I have three missing boss medallions. Two are Terror Time oni judging from my research, but the third is after one boss that was clearly optional and before the recolors.

Oh, and something about collecting trophies to get Goldenyan that I only found out about because I input a password from GameFAQs that gave me a trophy then saw a conversation on GameFAQs about the locked door in Breezy Hills.

Any tips on investigating those two things?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I need to test multiplayer at some point.

I'm at 61:24 on my save, finished the story mode, and am gradually carving my way through the missions.

I feel like I missed a boss at some point, though. I have three missing boss medallions. Two are Terror Time oni judging from my research, but the third is after one boss that was clearly optional and before the recolors.

Oh, and something about collecting trophies to get Goldenyan that I only found out about because I input a password from GameFAQs that gave me a trophy then saw a conversation on GameFAQs about the locked door in Breezy Hills.

Any tips on investigating those two things?
I unlocked it myself, but I'm not sure how to get trophies, where do you get them?

Shroob

Sup?
Okay, so, I'm going to make my bold prediction.

We're getting Wolf, OR Snake back(Less likely), and they will be released alongside Cloud.

As mentioned before, the missing stage comes before Duck Hunt on the 3ds. Now, as mentioned previously, on the WiiU version, Pirate Ship as a _f affiliated with it. All stages that share versions have this prefix to them, meaning at one point, Pirate Ship was supposed to be on the 3DS as well, but was cut, and replaced with Duck Hunt. This is why Duck Hunt is a free update, imo. However, its placeholder data was not removed for one reason or another.

With this information, this means we have 3 characters coming, and 2 stages. NOTE that the new Character AND Stage slot were added in the last patch, meaning that it's highly likely that this 3rd character could be the ballot choice, and a Newcomer to boot, since they're getting a stage alongside them.

However, this leaves the leftover data. 2 characters, and 1 stage that we already had. Cloud and Midgar are the character and stage, obviously, meaning that the other character does NOT come with a stage.

As far as Smash 4 is concerned, DLC newcomers so far always come bundled with a stage, while VETERANS do not.... See where I'm going with this?

TL;DR: If the 2nd stage on the 3DS was meant for Pirate Ship and is now just leftover data of what could have been, this almost GUARANTEES us a VETERAN reveal alongside Cloud.

Am I crazy, or am I just crazy?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I like his point about the whole "we don't know about the inner workings and relations of certain companies" thing. Its pretty damn true.
True enough, but it'd be a little bit more meaningful if he didn't spend most of the rest of the video undercutting that point by trying to predict the inner workings and relations of certain companies.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Etika thinks Cloud has been in development for up to two years.

Just stick to screaming for money honey.
I can believe he's been in the idea phase for a long time, but not that long. Just with negotiations and development to this point it's my belief that he's been worked on since this summer, like probably only a week or two after Ryu and Roy were released. Of course, he may have been considered for years, but not planned until recently. Sakurai and company had to get a look at demand and how agreeable Square would be before they went from consideration to planning. The fact is that Cloud's inclusion is a fanservice thing that's been building for years. It's possible he could legit be a "pre-ballot" idea that just needed the proper final push.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom