• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
What I love about this that this is giving me an urge to play some Final Fantasy games.

That's how hype I am. Cloud is the best thing that happen for Smash for a while. He's a juggernaut of a character to where he eclipse anyone that'll be announced in December.

And that's the truth

Also why hasn't @Warchamp7 added Cloud's icon with the other characters
Cause we don't have his stock icon yet.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I guess I'll ask.

Who still believes in the Shovel Knight leak?
Were it not for the "Moar news in December" at the end, I'd call it dead now. As is though...

...hmm...

...Ok, this is some mad, biased straw-grasping I'm sure, but hear me out... to accept the leak as true, we're forced to also accept that his reveal was pushed back for some reason. 'Because a much, much bigger company had a much, much bigger character they wanted revealed first' is a pretty good 'for some reason.'

But that's just me clutching for hope.

Personally, though? I'm really glad we got somebody who wasn't leaked. I'm glad nobody saw this coming and it was a true surprise through and through. I'm glad we got a character we couldn't have expected in a million years.

I'm not even a particularly huge fan of Cloud or Final Fantasy, and yet I felt nearly as hyped as I was for when I saw Mewtwo. The hype is real. LET'S GO, BOYS!

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I don't.

But also is it just me or does Cloud's face in his official model just look weird.
I would say "they're probably touching him up right now, which is why he wasn't released after the Direct", but then I remember Lucas was literally unchanged from his reveal...

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
My theory is that Cloud is being 'Lucas'd' right now. He'll probably be released next month alongside two other characters who turned out to be pre-ballot all along, right after the Direct a la Lucas/Roy/Ryu, and we'll get an announcement of one or two final ballot characters during the Direct for release next year sometime.

Not giving up on Wolf. Nope, not yet. *sigh*

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
My theory is that Cloud is being 'Lucas'd' right now. He'll probably be released next month alongside two other characters who turned out to be pre-ballot all along, right after the Direct a la Lucas/Roy/Ryu, and we'll get an announcement of one or two final ballot characters next year sometime.
If this was the case, I'd really want for one of the 2 along with Cloud to be Wolf. I wouldn't mind K.Rool as well.

You do realize we made one for Lucas when he was announced back in April and Mewtwo as well.

That doesn't work IMO
Huh.

Well I dunno then.

mark welford

Smash Ace
I'm guessing there will be Leon and Moogle mii outfits and to be pushing it a little, Black Mage as an assist trophy it's feasible in my opinion . Now that I think about it Olimar kind of looks like a moogle to me

Soul.

I always thought speculation was pointless and that getting into the hype train was the only good thing.

I understand the fun of speculating and the love people have for it, but now it's just... is it worth speculating at all?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Also, I have to say, N3ON N3ON was a quiet supporter of Cloud pre-reveal right?
That's the only one I can remember, so if so, congratulations!
Does a surprise like this make up for no Isaac (so far)?
Thanks! Right up until I saw the VII I still never suspected he'd actually be added. I'm psyched! ^_^

And yeah I never really went on about Cloud because one, people tended to **** on Cloud supporters (less so since Ryu, but still) which I guess is fair since his presence on Nintendo systems has really been next to nothing, and two, like I said, I never actually thought it would happen! He's no Banjo-level pipe dream for me, but he is my most hype third-party since Sonic!

I hope this means FFVII remake comes to the NX... (though obv it might have nothing to do with that)

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I hope this means FFVII remake comes to the NX... (though obv it might have nothing to do with that)
Considering the FFVII remake isn't exclusive to PS4 (I believe it was said it was coming first to PS4), it makes more sense than saying SF5 is coming to Wii U/ NX which we know is exclusive because it was explicitly stated as such.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
FFVII remake is coming to PS4 first, PC later. Hopefully NX follows suit.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh and I forgot to answer if it made up for Isaac.

Well... no. It's super nice getting a character I wanted yet never thought would happen (thus never really had a vested interest in) but it's another thing entirely getting a character I've vocally supported since pre-Brawl and spearheaded support for going on over three years now. Only Isaac (or possibly Matthew) can make up for Isaac. ;D

But this is probably the closest we're going to get at this point bar a GS4. :/

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well they did play the brawl music

AND it would make up for all of this time we've been waiting. /s
:snake:

Oh and I forgot to answer if it made up for Isaac.

Well... no. It's super nice getting a character I wanted yet never thought would happen (thus never really had a vested interest in) but it's another thing entirely getting a character I've vocally supported since pre-Brawl and spearheaded support for going on over three years now. Only Isaac (or possibly Matthew) can make up for Isaac. ;D

But this is probably the closest we're going to get at this point bar a GS4. :/
I have a question, would you prefer Isaac in his younger or older form?

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I could imagine us also receiving these Mii costumes especially since Chocobo hat is a thing now:
  • Sephiroth (Swordfighter)
  • Tifa (Brawler)
  • Barret (Gunner)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, it;s actulaly not much but it;s huge.

reminder, I will be describing the stuff I saw here http://i.imgur.com/Q8vUThz.jpg

jsut check the link because I am not flooding this thread will all new images, there;s way too much.

So, the main point is the cards system. There's artworks for the normal cards, a level 1 card and a level 2 cards all in on3e card and 2 cards form.

The normal cards can be bought in a shop, according to the map, it;s right next to the lakitu palce where we know it was a bout papercraft. There seems to be A LOT of cards btw.

That shop also allows you to buy lv1 and lv2 ? cards. Btw, the ? cards coudl be found in the overworld.

The amibo thing comes with the ? cards. Basically, you ahve to register the amibo to be able to make cards with it. You use the amibo to create turn a ? card into a character card. Each character has a set, I think there;s 4 last time I heard about it, but it is known that there was sets.

There's also a very cryptic sparkle cards system. How it works is I think you need a second amibo and if scanned and you have the same card on both amibo of a given set, that cards gets a sparkle texture and it is upgraded. My theory on why they do this is to phisically have a friend who has amibo and stuff, but I really think it woudl be a weird system tbh.

it is unclear what lv1 and lv2 are for, but it might be related to the sparkle, it is hard to say, maybe it;s a separate thing. It;s also unclear what does sprakle does.

that and 2 very baddass artwork are what the shots tells me. Btw, I think I get how the amibo card usage goes. In battle, you woudl use a character cards and to use it, you scan the amibo and a card randomly generated from the character set woudl be used. It's unclear when this feature is available in battles. Also, the mario set has 26 cards, we know 20 fo them becuase it;s 19 + the 8bit fireball one.

For paper character specific cards, maybe there will be because that paper mario card is an artwork from SS and jsut to tell you, we don;t know the 2 cards after that one.

Also, the dfirect actualy showed us a lot of yoshi cards set and luigi cards set.

Nothing is known for the peach set.

The amibo for the sets were known,, I don;t recall them. but it was said on that famitsu thing.

So that;s all there is, I honestly really think that battle cards sounds much mroe interesting than i originally thought :)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have a question, would you prefer Isaac in his younger or older form?
Younger, without a doubt.

It's by far his more iconic appearance, it's the look he's had in the majority of games, it's the look he had when he was playable (and the protagonist), it's reminiscent of the better games in the series, and pretty much all the popularity GS and the character have accrued happened during the tenure he looked like that. I mean the GS fanbase didn't exactly grow exponentially because of DD, lol.

Plus I just like that design more. Though I have nothing against beardy Isaac.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Watch us get no other Final Fantasy character as a Mii Fighter. Just mascot types.

I mean it makes a ton of sense considering they couldn't even be bothered to make some Street Fighter outfits for the Mii's.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wish we could get trophies of all the FF7 party members plus Sephiroth. Oh well. ~_~

Chrono.

Watch us get no other Final Fantasy character as a Mii Fighter. Just mascot types.

I mean it makes a ton of sense considering they couldn't even be bothered to make some Street Fighter outfits for the Mii's.
Yeah this is true.

Personally I wanna see more SEGA costumes.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wish we could get trophies of all the FF7 party members plus Sephiroth. Oh well. ~_~
Maybe if Cloud makes it back for Smash NX or Smash 5 we'll get some detailed FF trophies.

A lot of potential for FF characters as trophies.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero

Didn't see this shared on here yet.

Anyway, I'm really excited for December to see what else we're getting. And yeah, Cloud looks basically finished so I could imagine him coming out basically whenever the December Special Broadcast is.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Yeah. Tabuu has been top 10 in all the polls. He's basically a shoe-in :awesome:
Hey, I think he'd totally be cool as one of the final characters...tying in Smash and Nintendo and all of its history. Obviously his FS would be Off Waves.
Then again, if Tabuu and his big wings can get into Smash...then...why can't...

D

Deleted member

Here comes the speculation trains.

Is the one who made this implying Tabuu is going to be DLC, or are they just using Tabuu to hype the Broa-oh who the **** am I kidding, it's the former....
*Sigh* This fanbase sometimes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom