• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
PushDustIn PushDustIn just tweeted this out, translated from Sakurai:

He believes it could point to him being a ballot character. Thoughts?
Difficult character?

You want to know what is difficult? the impossible.

Ridley mother ****ing confirmed. Heard it here boys. Tagging my post and coming back in December.

(im kidding)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Watching the Direct again like
*Xenoblade X portion*
"In 22 Days, Earth will cease to exist"
upload_2015-11-12_21-31-18.png
"Cool beans."

Burb

The Absolute Worst
PushDustIn PushDustIn just tweeted this out, translated from Sakurai:

He believes it could point to him being a ballot character. Thoughts?
"Fulfilled a difficult request" basically confirms it, imo.

I know he also said that Smash DLC as a whole was going to be fanservice, but that really suggests to me that Cloud was added specifically due to fan request.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Bruh.

Give this man a medal.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Do you guys remember this "Super Smash Bros Strife" rumour a few years ago that made a few people think Cloud was playable in Smash 4?

It was fake but still. We got Cloud in the end, after all. :b

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Cloud was indeed a ballot character?

Maybe?

I mean. He could be requested and not a ballot character.

But still the implications are there.

Let's see what happens from here on.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sakurai also cited request and fan demand for Roy and Lucas.

I wouldn't put too much stock into the comments just yet.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It's not December 2nd for the Smash Direct. It's the 2nd part of the tweet, sorry for the confusion.

Also:

Nintendo Direct Breakdown by the SG Team

Roundtable post will be coming tomorrow.

I think we are due for an E3 style reveal.

They announced Lucas before hand.

Ryu and Roy were suppose to be special announcements that day (they got leaked though).

This follows the same pattern perfectly, and would be a great way to end Smash DLC.

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
"Fulfilled a difficult request" basically confirms it, imo.

I know he also said that Smash DLC as a whole was going to be fanservice, but that really suggests to me that Cloud was added specifically due to fan request.
I think you're probably right about that. While I could be wrong, I don't really see him as a pre-ballot choice given that he's an ultra popular third party character who has mainly appeared on non-Nintendo systems. "[R]equest" also seems like a reference to the ballot to me, but who knows for sure.

If Sakurai and Co. are going to talk about ballot fighters, it seems to me like this last Smash specific direct in December would be the time to do it. It wouldn't surprise me if not all the ballot fighters announced were ready to be released then though.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Also, if December's stream really is the last Smash 4 announcement, that also lends to Cloud being a ballot character.

Unless Cloud wasn't, and the remaining slots were for the ballot.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
So I made this thingy:

What a time to be alive.

Also, its kinda funny how Blue posted a picture that looks similar to this one just as I entered the thread. :b

Burb

The Absolute Worst
There's no implications. Why do we assume Cloud's a Ballot character, but Ryu isn't?
Ryu was in development before the ballot even started.

His files were found in the Mewtwo update.

"There's no implications" is completely wrong, by the way. Go look at the tweet that was posted in the last page or so.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ryu was in development before the ballot even started.

His files were found in the Mewtwo update.
Good point.

I still am not sure how Cloud could possibly be the Ballot character. I know we shouldn't trust all fanpolls, but abbsolutely nothing has indicated Cloud as a possibility. And Cloud's not even well known with casual players.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I never thought for a second that Cloud wasn't a Ballot Character, so I was surprised when I saw so many people thinking the opposite. I mean, it's Cloud. He completely strikes me as a character that could get in as DLC only by fan demand...

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Good point.

I still am not sure how Cloud could possibly be the Ballot character. I know we shouldn't trust all fanpolls, but abbsolutely nothing has indicated Cloud as a possibility. And Cloud's not even well known with casual players.
"Absolutely nothing has indicated Cloud as a possibility"

Uhhh.....except the tweet Sakurai posted?

And in case you forgot, the ballot isn't a poll. It's a suggestions box. We have no real way to gauge votes (since there's so many people unaccounted, since not every voter from the ballot is an active part of the Smash community), so we don't really know how popular a character like Cloud was in the ballot.

Like I've been saying for months, people put way too much stock into characters like K. Rool and Wolf. There's no guarantees.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
At the very least I'm glad my favourite eidolon Odin made it into Smash in some form. I'm hoping the eidolons get a trophy in the next update.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Good point.

will he was 19 in push's japan poll.So there's that

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
"Absolutely nothing has indicated Cloud as a possibility"

Uhhh.....except the tweet Sakurai posted?

And in case you forgot, the ballot isn't a poll. It's a suggestions box. We have no real way to gauge votes (since there's so many people unaccounted, since not every voter from the ballot is an active part of the Smash community), so we don't really know how popular a character like Cloud was in the ballot.

Like I've been saying for months, people put way too much stock into characters like K. Rool and Wolf. There's no guarantees.
I did not see the tweet, I just read it, and you're right, he does imply he could mean the Ballot, so my bad.

I've always heard you out for months. I simply just think K. Rool and Wolf are the most likely for reasons I've disclosed many times before. That's really all there is to it.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Recently revealed characters for M&S.

One Sonic character left, who I'm guessing is either Storm or another Deadly Six guy.

*the pic was done by Nibroc hence the misspelling.
YES WARIO, WALUIGI, LUDVIG, AND DRY BONES!? YES this is the best MARIO AND SONIC GAME EVER also Zazz wants to send someone home in a box!:demon:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think Cloud is neither a Pre/Post Ballot character. The lack of "open" demand, Square Enix being themselves, and the extra slot added last update make me think this was another last minute addition similar to Sonic.

According to JTWittz's reaction video (apparently he got to see the direct days beforehand) it was "Sakurai Magic" that got Cloud in. Which I guess makes sense considering Nojima worked on SSE and Uematsu worked on Brawl Music.

Again, suggestion box so whatever. We'll fine out soon enough either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom