• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
GUYS!

I jsut saw a gallery of gonintendo putting every shots of the direct and there;s 5 pages :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/sets/72157660359695418

There is A LOT of paper jam stuff, like I am not joking of how huge this is

Feel free to checjk, but I have to put them on an imgur album because holy, just ahhh

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

My poll in which Cloud is in top 20.

I strongly believe Cloud is ballot character. I've been saying for months that we are overestimating the impact of the hardcore Smash community...ever since that Chris Pranger podcast.

Also, podcast recording this Sunday with Ash Paulsen of GameXplain. Send us questions about the direct.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ya know what guys lets just agree weather or not clouds a ballot character He is the hypest dlc reveal because he wasnt leaked

regardless if he ballot and we get 2 more or hes not and we get 3 more cloud is one of the best ways to capoff smash

were all going to lose our minds if wolf snake and k.rool get added in as the last dlc

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you guys remember this "Super Smash Bros Strife" rumour a few years ago that made a few people think Cloud was playable in Smash 4?

It was fake but still. We got Cloud in the end, after all. :b
Oh god... it was the dark ages.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I have a hard time believing Cloud was a ballot character, he hardly had notable public interest among casuals and hardcore alike and was treated as impossible to most.
I honestly don't think he's a ballot character. The way they made the announcement for the event in December made it sound like he was the last "non-ballot" character and the December thing will be the results of the ballot. Although it could be that he was just being teased as the first ballot pick and they've been working on him since around when the ballot opened? With the crazy amount of details in his character, the summons, the stage... they were definitely working on him for quite a long time.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I think what both excites and terrifies me now is

NO character is off the table. Cloud used to be a character I'd scoff at in the same breath as Master Chief or Goku. Now that he's in the game, I don't think ANY character can be dismissed anymore.

Because "Sakurai Magic" is real and we just watched it happen.

im definitely not in support of master chief now as a halo fan no way no sir

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I strongly believe Cloud is ballot character. I've been saying for months that we are overestimating the impact of the hardcore Smash community...ever since that Chris Pranger podcast.

Also, podcast recording this Sunday with Ash Paulsen of GameXplain. Send us questions about the direct.
My question:
How hype was the direct and cloud to you guys?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I wholeheartedly believe they wouldn't show off a ballot character without making it damn clear it was the "Fan's Choice."

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wholeheartedly believe they wouldn't show off a ballot character without making it damn clear it was the "Fan's Choice."
This is my thoughts for now. But we should still wait for Sakurai to discuss it.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Like --- --- said, do you think Cloud was a lucky addition similar to Sonic and was neither pre-ballot/ballot, or do you think he was likely a ballot character?

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Looks like I'm gonna have to play some Final Fantasy.

Chrono.

Is that true though? Wouldn't Pooemon and FF7 technically be the same "era"?
Yeah but Pokemon and FF7 are different beasts overall.

Not to mention, Cloud is from the PSX/N64 era, going by consoles only, we don't have a character who originated there.

Ivander

Smash Legend
After letting the hype fall down a bit, I just realized something. What will the remixed songs be? I mean, c'mon. All of the stages had at least one remixed song included(except maybe Pirate Ship, although the Great Sea/Menu Remix was on it), so there has to be at least one new remixed Final Fantasy song on the new stage. Maybe Uematsu was asked to do a new composition for one of Final Fantasy's songs for the new stage?

Chrono.

After letting the hype fall down a bit, I just realized something. What will the remixed songs be? I mean, c'mon. All of the stages had at least one remixed song included(except maybe Pirate Ship, although the Great Sea/Menu Remix was on it), so there has to be at least one new remixed Final Fantasy song on the new stage. Maybe Uematsu was asked to do a new composition for one of Final Fantasy's songs for the new stage?
Hopefully NOT One Winged Angel, that song's got enough remixes as it and eh I don't exactly like it.

I kinda want most of the battle themes in, hopefully/maybe they could sneak in some songs from other FF games...

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm really excited about Linkle.

You guys may remember I was against "Female Link". And in a way, I still am.

However, Linkle is the perfect blend. If future Zelda games had the option to choose between the two, that would be awesome. My problem with a female Link was that Link as a character is already well cemented as a Male. Linkle is a new character entirely.

Also, I'm getting more hype for Cloud.

Also, I'm upset that I have to buy a Bundle for Gold Megaman.

Also, Ridley is coming baby.

But probably not.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Dat too.

Maybe it was just the trailer, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get any new remixes. IDK Video Games Live uses One Winged Angel as their final grand finale song and they're not allowed to use footage from the series.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I think what both excites and terrifies me now is

NO character is off the table. Cloud used to be a character I'd scoff at in the same breath as Master Chief or Goku. Now that he's in the game, I don't think ANY character can be dismissed anymore.

Because "Sakurai Magic" is real and we just watched it happen.

im definitely not in support of master chief now as a halo fan no way no sir
No way. Cloud still has appeared on a Nintendo system and despite FF7 being sony-exclusive, the franchise he's from has been on Nintendo since the very beginning and had a strong history with them.He's not in the same league as Master Chief and definitely not Goku. Sakurai still publicly says no to the idea of anime/manga characters for Smash and gave a "hell no" reaction about Goku.

Cloud is not the gateway for everyone.

Last edited:

Chrono.

People really underplay Cloud's importance to gaming.

*not aimed at anyone in this thread just a thing I've noticed in general

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Now that anyone is possible...

DID SOMEBODY SAY KNAAAAAAACKKKKKKK?!?!

Reference

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
People really underplay Cloud's importance to gaming.

*not aimed at anyone in this thread just a thing I've noticed in general
Exactly. He's response in the general gaming community is incredibly positive.

We just need to accept the fact that hardcore Smashers does not equal the entire Smash fanbase.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
My life is a lie

what did I witness today

I think I have amnesia

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The fact that people are saying that rules don't exist for 3rd party characters now that Cloud was added is a bit frustrating. No, not anyone is possible now.

No, of course there are still rules and we still won't see Goku or random side character in niche game #525

Even if we debate what exactly the "rules" are, that doesn't deny they probably exist.

Cloud really didn't break any rules either way. He has been on Nintendo games before after all. Even if you want to say that isn't a rule. Fine. I don't care either way. But it doesn't prevent the fact it hasn't been broken yet.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
The fact that people are saying that rules don't exist for 3rd party characters now that Cloud was added is a bit frustrating. No, not anyone is possible now.

No, of course there are still rules and we still won't see Goku or random side character in niche game #525

Even if we debate what exactly the "rules" are, that doesn't deny they probably exist.

Cloud really didn't break any rules either way. He has been on Nintendo games before after all. Even if you want to say that isn't a rule. Fine. I don't care either way. But it doesn't prevent the fact it hasn't been broken yet.
No kidding right? I saw someone asking Nintendo for Sailor Moon in Smash in the wake of the Cloud in Smash news. Frustrating indeed lol

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I guess I'll ask.

Who still believes in the Shovel Knight leak?
At this point I don't care. Cats and dogs are raining from the sky, everyone is an uncle who works at Nintendo, and I don't know who to believe in anymore.

It's basically a crapshoot until December. 'Till then I'm not trusting anyone but Sakurai himself.

Chrono.

I guess I'll ask.

Who still believes in the Shovel Knight leak?
I don't.

It's almost completely dead in my eyes.

I seriously don't see ANOTHER 3rd party being added, much less one that doesn't have the iconic status the previous 5 (well, 6) have.

Not to mention the whole "he'll be the next character to be revealed" which was part of the rumor I believe (yeah I know plans change and w/e).

Last edited:
This is the same thing that happened when Ryu showed up
"Well now anyome can show up. All the rules are gone *more complaining goes here*"
give it a week and people will come to their senses again and fall in love just like they do with every character.

Also speculation is pointless. We just got Cloud. Every piece of speculation and analyzation was pointless. It never mattered We weren't right anyway. Just get on the train and get ready for a ride. Because they Hype train comes into the station in December.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What I love about this that this is giving me an urge to play some Final Fantasy games.

That's how hype I am. Cloud is the best thing that happen for Smash for a while. He's a juggernaut of a character to where he eclipse anyone that'll be announced in December.

And that's the truth

Also why hasn't @Warchamp7 added Cloud's icon with the other characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom