• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Yeah, I'm a tad pissed that they're spending all this time and money getting these 3rd parties in as DLC, when there's a perfectly good, heavily requested, FIRST PARTY veteran that they apparently can't find time for. Despite the fact that Brawl's cuts hurt a lot more, we only get one Brawl vet back, and two from Melee. WTF.

If we by some insane Sakurai Magic get Ridley im quitting smashboards and all smash speculation. Im grabbing my bad, dropping out of college and exploring the world and learning what it means to live.

Because the apocalypse would be coming.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Who cares. I'm sure other people knew too, they're not desperate and pathetic enough to try and seek some attention though, those unsung heroes should be thanked honestly for not leaking anything so things were more hype for the community.
You knew, didn't you?

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, I'm a tad pissed that they're spending all this time and money getting these 3rd parties in as DLC, when there's a perfectly good, heavily requested, FIRST PARTY veteran that they apparently can't find time for. Despite the fact that Brawl's cuts hurt a lot more, we only get one Brawl vet back, and two from Melee. WTF.
:4drmario::4mewtwo::4feroy:

2=3?

Staarih

Smash Master
So, a night after the Direct... Can't say that I'm super excited for Cloud, but I guess he's cool none the less and I'm happy for those who really wanted him in. Not sure if I enjoy the emphasis on 3rd parties though. The Direct itself wasn't anything major to me either really haha, glad we're getting that special Smash broadcast in December, something to look forward to in the near future.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
You could say that FF7 fans are

ON CLOUD NINE

I'll see myself out.

Shroob

Sup?
Half of me loves that Cloud got in just because he's an iconic video game character.

The other half is laughing like crazy that Sakurai keeps making @SmashChu's, and any anti-third party person's, Smash life a living hell.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
You knew, didn't you?
Swamp do you just accuse everyone of knowing things? Lol. Unlike the Completionist, I wasn't invited to any Direct showing, I got to enjoy it and be surprised with the rest of you :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Can't say that I'm super excited for Cloud, but I guess he's cool none the less and I'm happy for those who really wanted him in.
Yes, all one of us are very thrilled. xD

Half of me loves that Cloud got in just because he's an iconic video game character.

The other half is laughing like crazy that Sakurai keeps making @SmashChu's Smash life a living hell.
@SmashChu has been right this entire time.

We didn't get Snake back, did we?

:troll:

Shroob

Sup?
Even if it isn't a "requirement", you can't honestly believe we'd get any character that has yet to be on a Nintendo system, right?

Right?
To be fair, people had been talking about Cloud even jokingly as far back as I can remember. Yesterday's joke it today's truth.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Fighting game mascot. JRPG mascot.
What else? FPS mascot? MMO? MOBA?
I'm not sure who these can be as I don't play much moba or MMOs.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
My guess is pretty early on, since they would have to reach an agreement and legal mumbo jumbo.
That's a good point, that I hadn't even factored into the timeframe I had in my head.
I'm really starting to think Cloud might have been in development around the time of or before the Roy/Ryu reveal, based on how finished he looked in the trailer.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man I'm thinking with Cloud getting an Advent Children alt believes that we could get special alternate costumes for other fighters.

Justin Bailey :4zss: and Grandmaster :4robinm: here I come

D

Deleted member

To be fair, people had been talking about Cloud even jokingly as far back as I can remember. Yesterday's joke it today's truth.
I'm not talking about Cloud.

Hasn't he technically been on Nintendo systems a few times?
Cloud has, yes.
I'm talking about Push's .....pushing.... on the fact Sakurai never stated being on a Nintendo system was an actual requirement.
Even if it's true, it doesn't mean characters like Kratos and Master Chief, who (for obvious reasons) never been on Nintendo systems, are reasonable.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Swamp do you just accuse everyone of knowing things? Lol. Unlike the Completionist, I wasn't invited to any Direct showing, I got to enjoy it and be surprised with the rest of you :p
Ha.

Jokes on you.

I've figured out your code talk.

Ridley is confirmed guys!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Even if it isn't a "requirement", you can't honestly believe we'd get any character that has yet to be on a Nintendo system, right?

Right?
If the character is iconic, and well known then I believe they not only have a good shot but a better shot than most of the choices we have as a community.

#SteveForSmash
#MasterChiefForSmash
#CrashBandicootForSmash
#SpyroForSmash
#JillValetineForSmash

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be honest, as much as I want Wolf to come back, I wouldn't be all that disappointed if he doesn't show up. But I would like another Brawl vet. He or Snake would be neat.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
On the subject of "uninspired movesets"....

People need to stop counting swords as a character's gimmick. Just because a character uses a sword doesn't automatically mean they're going to be another Marth/Ike.

Nobody ever says "We have too many fistfighters!" or "We have too many magic users!" or "We have too many characters with guns!". Sword-based characters can bring as much to the table as characters using just about any other weapon. Smash 4 demonstrated this perfectly with Shulk and Robin, who play nothing like the other swordsmen.

I'm not talking about Cloud.

Cloud has, yes.
I'm talking about Push's .....pushing.... on the fact Sakurai never stated being on a Nintendo system was an actual requirement.
Even if it's true, it doesn't mean characters like Kratos and Master Chief, who (for obvious reasons) never been on Nintendo systems, are reasonable.
I'd say the problem with characters like Kratos and Master Chief isn't their lack of a Nintendo presence, it's their developers. Their series are bound to Sony and Microsoft respectively. Square and Nintendo, on the other hand, have a relationship and collaborate every now and again.

My apologies if I'm not explaining this all that clearly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If the character is iconic, and well known then I believe they not only have a good shot but a better shot than most of the choices we have as a community.

#SteveForSmash
#MasterChiefForSmash
#CrashBandicootForSmash
#SpyroForSmash
#JillValetineForSmash
The day "Master Chief" and "good shot for Smash" are used in a sentence unironically in an affirmative sense is the day I lose ALL hope for the fanbase.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Ha.

Jokes on you.

I've figured out your code talk.

Ridley is confirmed guys!
Geez Swamp, it's like you don't know me at all. I said nothing about a Big surprise. I said

Neo Zero said:
just accuse
Phoenix Wright confirmed
To be a video game character, no idea if he's in Sm4sh

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
On the subject of "uninspired movesets"....

People need to stop counting swords as a character's gimmick. Just because a character uses a sword doesn't automatically mean they're going to be another Marth/Ike.

Nobody ever says "We have too many fistfighters!" or "We have too many magic users!" or "We have too many characters with guns!". Sword-based characters can bring as much to the table as characters using just about any other weapon. Smash 4 demonstrated this perfectly with Shulk and Robin, who play nothing like the other swordsmen.
You know I can't take a person seriously when they suggested that Cloud stole Ike's final Smash when his Omnislash existed 11 years before Ike was in Brawl. And worst that he has counter and has to play like Ike and Shulk.

No, **** off with that BS. There's being disappointed and there's being an delusional ass clown.

Im sorry he's not as special as K. Rool or has an following like Wolf and I want both of them but you shouldn't judge a character from being this stupid.

Did :4feroy:analpained people so hard to where every sword fighter has to be like :4marth::4myfriends:&:4shulk:

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So.

It's not technically a requirement to be on Nintendo consoles, but it's still better if they've at least been around once.

If they've never been on a Nintendo console, the only other option is a rival console...

Hey, you know who's on a rival console and was on Nintendo consoles?

Ballot intensifies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Man I'm thinking with Cloud getting an Advent Children alt believes that we could get special alternate costumes for other fighters.

Justin Bailey :4zss: and Grandmaster :4robinm: here I come
*writing stuff down* I'll see what happens...

Burb

The Absolute Worst
You know I can't take a person seriously when they suggested that Cloud stole Ike's final Smash when his Omnislash existed 11 years before Ike was in Brawl. And worst that he has counter and has to play like Ike and Shulk.

No, **** off with that BS. There's being disappointed and there's being an delusional *** clown.

Im sorry he's not as special as K. Rool or has an following like Wolf and I want both of them but you shouldn't judge a character from being this stupid.

Did :4feroy:analpained people so hard to where every sword fighter has to be like :4marth::4myfriends:&:4shulk:
It was happening long before Roy's DLC was announced.

"No more anime swordsmen!" was actually used a lot on Shulk himself before and after his confirmation.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So, the question is, if we're getting a triple release in December, who? Cloud is one of them obv.

And... do you think they'll all be newcomers?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom