• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
My decision of getting an Xbox One is rising. GameStop has them $50 off and Rare Replay will be $10 off starting tomorrow.

Still deciding if I'll get one used or get it new with a bundle of a game I have no interest in.
You should get an used one : it'll be less expensive and without the games you don't care about.

D

Deleted member

And Jason Griffith did a condom commercial near the end of his 4kids career. Live action, but the voice was just a slightly more matured version of Sonic.

And to learning about both of these, my friend's reaction was just "What's next, Mike Pollock in an XXX film?!"

And without a damn drop. I just had to reply with "GET A LOAD OF THIS!"
"TIME FOR A CHANGE OF PACE!"

.....your welcome.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"TIME FOR A CHANGE OF PACE!"

.....your welcome.
And Jason Griffith did a condom commercial near the end of his 4kids career. Live action, but the voice was just a slightly more matured version of Sonic.

And to learning about both of these, my friend's reaction was just "What's next, Mike Pollock in an XXX film?!"

And without a damn drop. I just had to reply with "GET A LOAD OF THIS!"
And then, the Egg Pawns move in "You know what they say, the more the merrier!"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, I guess I'll add to the "on the spectrum" count.

I will say that after I slipped into a particularly depressed state, I did pursue trying to find psychiatric help. Then it turned out all of them in the area were booked and the person assisting me in looking for help said, "eh, social workers are the same thing, just without the papers." The first visit was alright, but every time after that I just felt increasingly like the person was utterly wasting my time. And they recommended me to some hangout for people with autism where I just ended up really unsure of what to do with myself because they all seemed already separated off into their own little groups and most of them seemed. . .much further along the spectrum than I am.

And I took some antidepressants for a while that helped a lot of things in general, but eventually the effects wore off while I was still taking them and the only side effect I ever really noticed graduated into awkwardness.

At this point I think I should probably just take life in stride and live it out like anyone else, just with my own personal flair. I still need to get around to that, but it's what I feel I want, it's just hidden behind all my fear of change and failure.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I got the Arcade pack of Lego dimensions and in order to complete it you need to play emulated Midway Arcade games and get high scores.

80's kids... are you raving mad? Why is Gauntlet a classic? I'd have more fun and make more progress trying to lick my way through a brick wall.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just noticed something that could hurt me on getting an Xbox One: The old TV I currently uses doesn't have HDMI support.

Until I can find a solution: I'll just pick up Rare Replay for now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got the Arcade pack of Lego dimensions and in order to complete it you need to play emulated Midway Arcade games and get high scores.

80's kids... are you raving mad? Why is Gauntlet a classic? I'd have more fun and make more progress trying to lick my way through a brick wall.
I had gauntlet on NES and loved it...

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You know? Some of those symptoms that were mentioned several posts ago fit my personality somewhat.

- I tend to not socialize with people that much (I socialize mainly with my friends).
- I have some weird habits like rocking my leg on the floor if I'm standing still.
- I tend to stutter my words sometimes as I'm nervous talking to people.

So... yeah. I could be one of those people residing on that boarder line. Although, in my opinion, everyone has they're own unique quirks. So I don't think it's likely my personality is even related to those symptoms or not, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This name decision took a really cute turn.

Also yesterday, I was playing Paper Mario, and this happened:

Dat coin count tho....

Bananija

Count of Trickery
It's really disappointing when you waste your day looking for a physical copy of Pokken to end up downloading it.

Dat coin count tho....
It's funny because you mixed a cute fact with a satanic one.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well besides Gauntlet and it's sequel not living up to the hype, I enjoyed all the other arcade games. Robotron was in a grey area as it's gameplay was good the Graphics hurt. A lot.

Now to hunt down the ones hidden in the other levels.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The way you guys talk about social encounters sounds like some of you might be on the autism spectrum/aspergers. That's not meant to be an insult at all, as "the spectrum" is so vague these days.

You should consider seeing a psychologist and getting an eval. if you haven't already. Will probably help you learn techniques for yourself.
It's all good. That sounds exactly like Aspergers/mild autism. Someone I'm VERY close to went through the whole ordeal.

It's a shame that the internet uses autism as an insult. It 5 years people won't think twice when they meet someone with autism/aspergers. So many people are on the spectrum that you would never even notice.

Person I know was extremely popular and tried as hard as he could to be social. But it hurt him so much and was so challenging so he saw someone. Wouldn't you know... diagnosed with aspergers. Tough to come to terms with at first. But it ended up being so beneficial for him. Explained odd behaviors he had. He got therapy for many things.

Point is, for anyone scared to see a psychiatrist/psychologist (I forget which one), or scared to receive a diagnosis. It really can only help. I never brought it up here before, but I see many people here obviously struggling socially. And there are solutions/paths to success out there.
As someone higher on the spectrum, this is something I can completely agree on. I don't have a problem with it, I don't go to a psychologist though. I am slightly socially awkward but I have a lot of friends and still talk to many people. It's mainly that I kind have trouble talking to someone without similar interests, but I work on that. As for the unsult part, I agree completely as well. It's just really stupid. I don't take offensive to it( I'm a pretty patient/hard to damage person), but I find it just a stupid way to insult someone. Especially since the numbers of children with it grows each year. I think it is 1 in 75 right now, but I could be wrong. Overall, your statements are very accurate, it's not a bad idea to get it checked if you want, or if you don't, but I still think it's something people could always consider.
So if Pokkén Tournament would get DLC, when do you think would be earliest for DLC reveal?
How long did it take them to make characters for the arcade version? 3 months right?

If so, then I could see reveals bi monthly like smash, and them release a month after their announcement. Namco is good at making things fast, and they probably already have 2 to 3 fighters done if they are planning DLC. Which would give them a head start for future DLC. And since there are so many pokemon, they could make a lot of fighters and keep it going away if they wanted. But if they are switching to the NX, I don't know how long they would do it for. New stages and assists would be cool to.

This reminds me, what if they did Pokken NX?

Updated graphics, a few new mons, and supported DLC?
How likely would that be?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This reminds me, what if they did Pokken NX?

Updated graphics, a few new mons, and supported DLC?
How likely would that be?
I think they'd rather do Pokken 2 for the NX. Add some form of Combo escape mechanic, beef up the roster, hire a voice actor not mostly constructed from timber...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think they'd rather do Pokken 2 for the NX. Add some form Combo escape mechanic, beef up the roster, hire a voice actor not mostly constructed from timber...
I could see this happen 2 years into the NX lifespan. Makes sense, they could also do other mechanics as well.

And is the voice acting really that bad? I haven't gotten pokken yet, or watch much of it, but I keep seeing complaints of it.

Chrono.

And is the voice acting really that bad? I haven't gotten pokken yet, or watch much of it, but I keep seeing complaints of it.
It goes from passable (Mewtwo girl, Nia) to "holy **** awful" (everyone else).

It doesn't help that a lot of the voice actors are native Japanese speakers speaking English.

It's VERY noticeable.

D

Deleted member

Jojo Part 3 Episode 10 spoilers
WHAT THE ****
NO, NOT ****ING AVDOL
ANYTHING BUT HIM and Joseph

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It goes from passable (Mewtwo girl, Nia) to "holy **** awful" (everyone else).

It doesn't help that a lot of the voice actors are native Japanese speakers speaking English.

It's VERY noticeable.
Oh, well if you have native Japanese speakers, speaking english, that's the problem.....

And speaking of pokken NX, saw this:
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25650216/a-friend-of-mine-which-works-at-nintendo-of

Sounds really fake though.

And new challenge mode with Xander Mobus:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Dat coin count tho....
The simple fact that you called Link, Rosalina, reeeeaaally makes me cringe...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The simple fact that you called Link, Rosalina, reeeeaaally makes me cringe...
I called Epona Rosalina, actually. Read it again.

Was gonna name her after my dog, before I remembered Epona is supposed to be female.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I named my dog Cosmo.

Yeah i know, it's a dumb name for a dog, but i was a kid when i named him.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
So Pokken is really really fun.
I hope so. My copy is still downloading:ohwell:

Jojo Part 3 Episode 10 spoilers
WHAT THE ****
NO, NOT ****ING AVDOL
ANYTHING BUT HIM and Joseph
Trust me. You will get over it... eventually.
But hey, what did you expect? It's JoJo! Everyone die in JoJo.
I called Epona Rosalina, actually. Read it again.

Was gonna name her after my dog, before I remembered Epona is supposed to be female.
I'm pretty sure that the one time I start an TP game on my friend console I named my horse Rosalina too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope so. My copy is still downloading:ohwell:

Trust me. You will get over it... eventually.
But hey, what did you expect? It's JoJo! Everyone die in JoJo.

I'm pretty sure that the one time I start an TP game on my friend console I named my horse Rosalina too.
More Jojo spoilers
At least Polnareff delivered his revenge
I felt terrible for laughing when Hol Horse escaped though

Bananija

Count of Trickery
More Jojo spoilers
At least Polnareff delivered his revenge
I felt terrible for laughing when Hol Horse escaped though
You shouldn't feel terrible for laughing at something ridiculous. (It's ridiculous right? My memory is a bit fuzzy)

D

Deleted member

You shouldn't feel terrible for laughing at something ridiculous. (It's ridiculous right? My memory is a bit fuzzy)
Yeah, it was, but still, that guy [REDACTED]
:006::025::068::094::150:
:245:
Blaziken Sceptile Gardevoir
Lucario Garchomp Weavile
Chandellure
Braixen, Pikachu Libre

OC: Shadow Mewtwo.

Poor Gen 5.
>Pikachu Libre
>Pikachu
>Gen 6
Lol
If new forms count, then all Megas should be in there
And Gen 2 got ****ed just as much wtf?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

>Pikachu Libre
>Pikachu
>Gen 6
Lol
Pikachu Libre is her own slot and Megas are not, which is why they don't count. I agree that Gen 2 and 5 got the short end of the stick here

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

>Pikachu Libre
>Pikachu
>Gen 6
Lol
If we're on technicalities, Weavile is an evo of Sneasel so there's that at least.

Burruni

Smash Hero

>Pikachu Libre
>Pikachu
>Gen 6
Lol
Megas are just a transformation. Libre is an entirely different character.
And I'm saying gen 5 has a worse end of the stick because of how much Gen 1 & 2 are intertwined.
For example, looking at the signature pokemon for the gym leaders
Falkner: :017:
Bugsy: :123:
Morty: :094:
Chuck: :062:

And then, you also have
Jasmine: :208:
Claire: :230:
Using the new evolutions of Kanto Pokemon.

And Gen 5 has a larger pool of Pokemon to choose from, if we're gonna extend the "reasonings" a bit.... a number of them that I'm more interested in as fighters. For Johto its basically the big bug duo.
:212::214:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom