• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm still not sure on Pokémon GO. I'll wait a bit after its launch to see if it isn't plagued with bad microtransactions (Pokémon Shuffle left a bad taste in my mouth).

But I won't be surprised if they throw some Sun & Moon stuff in GO.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So there were even more cryptic clues at the Sonic Panel.

"This is actually just the first part"

The latter is a reference to this song:
http://www.e22.com/shing02/lyrics/lx_lv4_e.htm

Really confusing.

Also I bought a ticket to the Sonic 25th Anniversary Party in San Diego that they announced...

I don't know if I can go just yet, but it seems like I might possibly be able to make it happen. If not, I'll sell the ticket to someone else for the same price I bought it for.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros Crusade: The only game I can't even play because I can't even configure the controls. :p Like, WTF? I've never had such a hard time setting up controls. Even setting up joystick controls for mugen was easy, but this.... I keep on having to reinstall the game because I keep on accidently ****ing up the controls somehow. Like damn, I already hate the announcer's voice after hearing him say "Super Smash Brothers Crusade" a billion times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Super Smash Bros Crusade: The only game I can't even play because I can't even configure the controls. :p Like, WTF? I've never had such a hard time setting up controls. Even setting up joystick controls for mugen was easy, but this.... I keep on having to reinstall the game because I keep on accidently ****ing up the controls somehow.
Well, look at it this way: The next demo will have native controller support.

But yeah, Crusade's current controller setup is messy but works fine when you got it down.

D

Deleted member

Well, look at it this way: The next demo will have native controller support.

But yeah, Crusade's current controller setup is messy but works fine when you got it down.
Yeah, I got it down quite a few times actually. But of course, every time I get it down I accidently going back into the set up. And then usually something up again, just trying to go back. So once again, I can't get into the options whatsoever, as usual.

Is there any way I can just get into the programming and fix this? Without throwing everything away and starting all over again? Because replacing the files doesn't even do anything for some reason.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros Crusade: The only game I can't even play because I can't even configure the controls. :p Like, WTF? I've never had such a hard time setting up controls. Even setting up joystick controls for mugen was easy, but this.... I keep on having to reinstall the game because I keep on accidently ****ing up the controls somehow. Like damn, I already hate the announcer's voice after hearing him say "Super Smash Brothers Crusade" a billion times.
Now you go to the worst part: actually playing the game

D

Deleted member

Also, has anybody been close to crying in a TV show?
The ending of Digimon Adventure 1.......though i was a little child when i saw it, so things could be different now.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Now you go to the worst part: actually playing the game
Ayyyyyyye, I knew someone would say that. :p (I mean, the game has goku it and is apprently similar to SSF2, soooo, I wasn't expecting too much.) Well, to be fair, I'm only downloading it because I have nothing better to do ATM. Taking a break from Fates and my KoF M.U.G.E.N. for a bit. And Smash for the 3ds and Wii U I'm a bit burned out on. Speaking of, I can't play any of my console games right now, because currently the entire second story of my condo is having it's floors redone for days now. So I couldn't play just play the Bayonetta games or Xenoblade Chronicles X.(The latter which I hardly started since I got it since the pacing makes it that hard to pick up and continue for me.)

Sooooo, yeah, I think I'm just going to continue my Modded Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Park I started working on today. :p Especially since it's nice and relaxing, contrary to stressing myself to do all that waiting and retrying for nothing. And I did play a little bit(Just didn't have tap jump on, that's what made me reset and screw up again.), it's pretty meeeehh... Especially since I dislike keyboard controls for any kind of fighter anyway. I'm really only comfortable with them in a few genres like simulators and even FPSs.

English TLDR

Miitomo has hit 1 million users in 3 days.

Not a bad start for the beginning of Nintendo's mobile plans.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, one thing I want to mention from the Sonic Panel.

When they were talking about Shadow the Hedgehog, they revealed that Mike Pollock voiced Black Doom.

...I can't be the only one who had to literally take a moment when they heard that. For YEARS, a DECADE even, I've believed it was Sean Schemmel (the voice of Goku), due to the fact that's who's always credited.

And then Webber said it was Mike Pollock. And Mike didn't seem to contest or anything, they acted as if this was common knowledge.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Oh yeah, one thing I want to mention from the Sonic Panel.

When they were talking about Shadow the Hedgehog, they revealed that Mike Pollock voiced Black Doom.

...I can't be the only one who had to literally take a moment when they heard that. For YEARS, a DECADE even, I've believed it was Sean Schemmel (the voice of Goku), due to the fact that's who's always credited.

And then Webber said it was Mike Pollock. And Mike didn't seem to contest or anything, they acted as if this was common knowledge.
I think it was a mistake on Aaron Webber's part.
There's a video of Sean Schemmel actually doing the Black Doom voice.

Miitomo's absurd region-locking killed it for me.

:231:
Maybe the "Nintendo Cross" means we will be able to cross into other regions. Maybe. PLease? :' )
I didn't think I would instantly find something.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

IMO one of the greatest memes ever, recreated in Miitomo.

What a time to be alive.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I saw the Pokemon Go footage from the neogaf thread.

It looks a bit choppy (for a lack of a better word), but the thought of doing Pokemon battles against friends @ school is a plus for me.

Also 1 million Miitomo users in 3 days? Would've had more if the region locking wasn't a thing :ohwell:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think it was a mistake on Aaron Webber's part.
There's a video of Sean Schemmel actually doing the Black Doom voice.
Yeah I was thinking that. It was definitely Schemmel.

But still, you'd think Mike would have reacted to it. And it seems very unlike Aaron to make such a mistake.

Makes me wonder if there was more to it.

Maybe Mike voiced him at first, but then wasn't available, and so Sean Schemmel voice matched for him? Or the other way around even?

It was probably just a mistake on Aaron's part but still, it was so bizarre when that happened.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I haven't used my tablet in a while but I'm interested in Miimoto (already registered). Hope I don't have to wait too long to try it.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I do want a Cavalier in Smash Bros. (We do got Bowser Jr. as the first fighter with a Mount like thing, but it wasn't all that interesting to me) but which class type of the Cavalier in Smash?

I do want a Cavalier in Smash Bros. (We do got Bowser Jr. as the first fighter with a Mount like thing, but it wasn't all that interesting to me) but which class type of the Cavalier in Smash?
A Cavilier you say?
It's not Edea . . .but it will do

For a serious answer to your question I have no idea. I just wanted to do the joke

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This video brought out multiple songs I would not expect and they all fit extremely well!

Fun game to, if you've played it!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just stopped a woman from sending $800 to Nigeria.

Apparently her "husband's" company in Nigeria transferred $60,000 into her bank account which only $6000 of that is free for her to use.

He's having her send to a 3rd party in Nigeria who will give him the money in cash. Which makes no sense.

...also apparently her granddaughter is with him getting "education" there, which to me has horrible implications if true

D

Deleted member

Ayyyyyyye, I knew someone would say that. :p (I mean, the game has goku it and is apprently similar to SSF2, soooo, I wasn't expecting too much.) Well, to be fair, I'm only downloading it because I have nothing better to do ATM. Taking a break from Fates and my KoF M.U.G.E.N. for a bit. And Smash for the 3ds and Wii U I'm a bit burned out on. Speaking of, I can't play any of my console games right now, because currently the entire second story of my condo is having it's floors redone for days now. So I couldn't play just play the Bayonetta games or Xenoblade Chronicles X.(The latter which I hardly started since I got it since the pacing makes it that hard to pick up and continue for me.)

Sooooo, yeah, I think I'm just going to continue my Modded Jurassic Park Operation Genesis Park I started working on today. :p Especially since it's nice and relaxing, contrary to stressing myself to do all that waiting and retrying for nothing. And I did play a little bit(Just didn't have tap jump on, that's what made me reset and screw up again.), it's pretty meeeehh... Especially since I dislike keyboard controls for any kind of fighter anyway. I'm really only comfortable with them in a few genres like simulators and even FPSs.
SSF2 is actually good though
It just needs polishing and good single player modes because the online sucks
Maybe the "Nintendo Cross" means we will be able to cross into other regions. Maybe. PLease? :' )
I didn't think I would instantly find something.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

IMO one of the greatest memes ever, recreated in Miitomo.

What a time to be alive.
I need a screenshot of the four pics because Twitter mobile hates me
Are we talking about FE? Because I think so
Horse Lord!Eliwood it is then
Or just have Xander with Ryoma as his FS so he can join Chrom
I honestly think having a mounted character in Smash would be just perfect
But can we get a Bow user first?
Not a half-assed one move like Link's but a full moveset
*cough*Outlaw Anna*cough*

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Apparently her "husband's" company in Nigeria transferred $60,000 into her bank account which only $6000 of that is free for her to use.

He's having her send to a 3rd party in Nigeria who will give him the money in cash. Which makes no sense.

...also apparently her granddaughter is with him getting "education" there, which to me has horrible implications if true
People still believe in the Nigerian Prince scam despite YEARS of coverage?

SSF2 is actually good though
It just needs polishing and good single player modes because the online sucks

I need a screenshot of the four pics because Twitter mobile hates me

Are we talking about FE? Because I think so
Horse Lord!Eliwood it is then
Or just have Xander with Ryoma as his FS so he can join Chrom
I honestly think having a mounted character in Smash would be just perfect
But can we get a Bow user first?
Not a half-***** one move like Link's but a full moveset
*cough*Outlaw Anna*cough*
Well if you say so

(Third party but)

Our second Square Enix character.
Lol we both picked square charaters

The irony of telling KingSlime about a slime

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well if you say so

Lol we both picked square charaters

The irony of telling KingSlime about a slime
I mean the runner up would be going Excite Biker/Mach Rider or along the lines of one of the less famous FE characters. Caeda, Ephiram, or Sigured.

Nintendo doesn't really have many mounted characters.

UNLESS

#DEElcIsDeadButOurHopesAreNot

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I found the interview source on an academic journal! It was pretty solid. But this is another source which reconfirms it. Does anyone have his exact words (or at least how it was translated?) video would be the best.
I gotchu:

Seems like it was translated on the fly by Keys, judging from how he seemed to be taking down notes as Yuji Naka was talking.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I found the interview source on an academic journal! It was pretty solid. But this is another source which reconfirms it. Does anyone have his exact words (or at least how it was translated?) video would be the best.
Aaron Webber's question (towards Naka-san):
"So we have you to thank for Sonic being in Smash Bros?"

Translator's words (as best as I can as he stutters a bit):

The original "Sonic becoming part of the Smash Bros game" was also part of that conversation. During the Gamecube version's development of Smash Bros, he really wanted to get Sonic into that game, but it was just to late in the development process so they couldn't get him in for Gamecube, but they did move forward and put Sonic in for the Wii version.
"That conversation" that he mentions is a meeting Naka-san had with Nintendo at their Kyoto headquarters, addressed in the previous question about how the Mario & Sonic Olympics games came to be (including Miyamoto being part of the discussions). He says that the conversation happened about three years before the release of the original Mario & Sonic game and nothing major came of it then, but that meeting paved the way for future meetings with Nintendo that kicked off the Mario & Sonic games as well as Sonic in Smash Bros.

Here's the stream, I have it timestamped at the Smash Bros question.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d again.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Does she even know where Nigeria is?

:231:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I gotchu:

Seems like it was translated on the fly by Keys, judging from how he seemed to be taking down notes as Yuji Naka was talking.
This is perfect because I can actually hear what Yuji Naka says! Thanks.

Yuji Naka forgot what Smash Sonic came out in. He kept saying to himself 'it was the Wii version...right?'

Special thanks to ChikoLad ChikoLad for transcribing the translation!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Yuji Naka forgot what Smash Sonic came out in. He kept saying to himself 'it was the Wii version...right?'

Special thanks to ChikoLad ChikoLad for transcribing the translation!
One other thing I'm curious about if you've got the time - when Yuji Naka answers the Smash Bros question, he does mention Sakurai by name, but the translator doesn't refer to him at all. What did Yuji Naka say on that line with Sakurai?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not related to anything going on right now but:

I love Rosalina's dialogue in the Story Mode for Rio 2016 (she hasn't had real dialogue since Galaxy 2 so it's really cool for me).

She's so elegant and poetic sounding.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Well he is right in saying it was the Wii version. So I gotta hand that to him.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
One other thing I'm curious about if you've got the time - when Yuji Naka answers the Smash Bros question, he does mention Sakurai by name, but the translator doesn't refer to him at all. What did Yuji Naka say on that line with Sakurai?
I sent it over to the translation team on SG so we can get a version on the site. I'll try to get to it today, it really shouldn't take that much time. Basically, he says he talked with Sakurai at E3 (I think he's referring to the Melee E3) but it was too late. Nothing revolutionary, but it helps with my timeline.

DUFL updated for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom