• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think he's coming back. As said many times before, as of late Sonic has been associated with Nintendo heavily since the last gen. From multiple exclusives like the Mario & Sonic Olympic games, Colors, Black Knight, Secret Rings; and now most recently, Lost World which Nintendo is said to be working with SEGA to some degree. With all these Sonic exclusives, Sonic is more of a Nintendo franchise than F-Zero.................which is sad. But I think the love shown to sonic warrens his return.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
As it was said in the other thread,if Nintendo wanted him for Brawl and this time Sega gives it right at the beginning,then Nintendo better not miss such an opportunity.
I agree. Plus i'd rather not deal with the rest of the Sonic fandumb if he got cut haha. [Although most people here who like sonic seem to be in the rare not insane variety. VERY GLAD FOR THAT]

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I think he's coming back. As said many times before, as of late Sonic has been associated with Nintendo heavily since the last gen. From multiple exclusives like the Mario & Sonic Olympic games, Colors, Black Knight, Secret Rings; and now most recently, Lost World which Nintendo is said to be working with SEGA to some degree. With all these Sonic exclusives, Sonic is more of a Nintendo franchise than F-Zero.................which is sad. But I think the love shown to sonic warrens his return.
Sorry to double post but, Rush as well. :p

Alzi

Smash Master
Am I the only one who thinks both snake and sonic will be getting cut from the game? I honestly see them as just a one time thing for brawl. (There is absolutely no reasoning as why I feel this way it is just that a feel)

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Am I the only one who thinks both snake and sonic will be getting cut from the game? I honestly see them as just a one time thing for brawl. (There is absolutely no reasoning as why I feel this way it is just that a feel)
Considering how buddy buddy, Nintendo and Sega have been the past generation. I highly doubt Sonic leaving. Snake on the other hand will completely depend on Sakurai and Kojima

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I think Sonic will be back, mainly because of Sonic Lost World being a huge Nintendo exclusive. Have you guys seen it? This is the very first time I'm more excited for a Sonic game than a Mario game in all my years of gaming.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I think Sonic will be back, mainly because of Sonic Lost World being a huge Nintendo exclusive. Have you guys seen it? This is the very first time I'm more excited for a Sonic game than a Mario game in all my years of gaming.
I'm usually equally excited. Been a huge fan of both series since my youth. :p But these days i'm usually much more excited for Sonic games.

I don't want Solid Snake to leave, but I have doubts on whether he'll stay or not.
I do feel for the Metal Gear fans in this. I hope he returns honestly

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
The Mario series has gotten stale, so that isn't really saying much.
Well, that's true for the New series, but no one expected Mario's new 3D-platformer release to be what it was, especially since it's supposed to follow up to SMG2. Also, even in all of Mario's staleness, Sonic's new releases were still worse overall, and his turn-around is very surprising.

Nito LR

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nito_LR
i really hope that they improve alot of the things, that held brawl back even if there where to do a major change to the tourney mode.

New Tourney / Competitive Mode-
have all matches set to a 3 stock 8mins (option to change how many stock and time)
have the option to toggle items (if people want to have items on..... -_- )
like in project M, a feature where you can strike stages / stages that have a more balanced design that's based off the stages already in the game.
a feature to be able to set double elimination and seeding so people from same region dont fight each other / regular point system
and regular updates / patches. EX. if characters get banned or if people over powered so they can balance it out.
^^^ with this DLC Characters / skins / stages

if Sakurai did that he would make alot of people happy and can keep other different features like stage hazards and things of that nature in the other part of the game

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm usually equally excited. Been a huge fan of both series since my youth. :p But these days i'm usually much more excited for Sonic games.

I do feel for the Metal Gear fans in this. I hope he returns honestly
I didn't grow up with Sonic, but I got Sonic Mega Collection for my Gamecube in 2005 and fell in love with it. I don't own any other Sonic games, but I've played Sonic Heroes at my nephew's house.

I wanted to get the Zelda Collection for Gamecube (original LOZ/Adventure of Link/OOT/MM), but I already had those games for N64 and GBA (NES collection), so I chose the Sonic Collection instead.
One of the best choices I've ever made.

I wanted to get the Zelda collection because I thought it had OOT Master Quest included. It turns out that it didn't, and Master Quest was in a different Gamecube collection where it was just bundled with OOT and no other games. xP
---

SSBB was what made me look into the Metal Gear series, (I think "Calling To The Night" from Portable Ops got me interested) and after studying the storyline and watching some walkthroughs of the various games on YouTube, I find the series to be pretty cool, although I don't consider myself to be a heavy fan of it.
I hope SSB4 has Metal Gear content. Some stuff from Peace Walker and maybe even music tracks from Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain would be nice.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Well, that's true for the New series, but no one expected Mario's new 3D-platformer release to be what it was, especially since it's supposed to follow up to SMG2. Also, even in all of Mario's staleness, Sonic's new releases were still worse overall, and his turn-around is very surprising.
I only really find 06 and Secret rings to be "Bad" in Sonic's 3-D outings. The rest were people just not giving the others a chance or the fanbase saying they needed to be absolutely perfect games to even come close to the 2-D games. then Colors came around [which I found somewhat bland to be perfectly honest] but it was a "turn around" :/. But opinions will be opinions I suppose. I will agree Mario generally did stuff "better" but I digress. I like Sonic more haha.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The Mario series has gotten stale, so that isn't really saying much.
Can you believe Nintendo thinks they haven't made ENOUGH Mario titles!?
......And they think F-Zero and Starfox aren't fresh enough... There is clearly a glitch in reality

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
......And they think F-Zero and Starfox aren't fresh enough... There is clearly a glitch in reality
I don't care too much for those two series, but they really should get new games. Especially F-Zero. :\
Its last major game was in 2003, although I think there was a GBA game based on the anime in 2004.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I only really find 06 and Secret rings to be "Bad" in Sonic's 3-D outings. The rest were people just not giving the others a chance or the fanbase saying they needed to be absolutely perfect games to even come close to the 2-D games. then Colors came around [which I found somewhat bland to be perfectly honest] but it was a "turn around" :/. But opinions will be opinions I suppose. I will agree Mario generally did stuff "better" but I digress. I like Sonic more haha.
Naw, it's not that I just think they're bad because of majority opinion, I don't like the new Sonic games that much because I don't feel in control of the games when I play. I tried Unleashed and Generations, and things were just happening without me doing anything. That's why I consider Lost World to be the turn around, because they are finally slowing Sonic down, making him more controllable, and requiring more deliberation on part of the player.

I even felt this way with some of the 2D Sonic games as well, to be honest. The super speed thing and loop-de-loops feel gimmicky, I prefer precise platforming where I have have control.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
The thing about F-Zero GX was that, despite being perfect, it sold terribly.
They can't make a new F-Zero much better than GX, and the consumers showed them that they don't really care even if they do.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I even felt this way with some of the 2D Sonic games as well, to be honest. The super speed thing and loop-de-loops feel gimmicky, I prefer precise platforming where I have have control.
Okay, serious question.
Notwithstanding whether or not I agree with your summation (I don't.), why do you even play sonic games if the primary thing that sets them apart from traditional platformers bugs you?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That's just casual talk for "we haven't milked the Super Mario Bros. series to the bone yet we can still squeeze in a few more cents dammit!"

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't care too much for those two series, but they really should get new games. Especially F-Zero. :\
Its last major game was in 2003, although I think there was a GBA game based on the anime in 2004.
Well insert those franchises with whatever other franchise you would like to see Custom Robo, Metriod, Wario Land, Wave Race etc... I just would like to see something we haven't seen or played in a while.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, I never found Unleashed or Colors to be very much fun thusfar.

Anyway, Sonic is fairly likely right now due to reasons already stated, and he's a huge icon, so him not making it back in would cause a big hissy fit far more than the removal of Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, and Pichu caused.

There are a slew of people who thought Snake didn't fit, so him not making it back wouldn't cause as much of an issue. Of course, I'd like them both back myself.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I loved Unleashed for the sense of Speed you got and I love beat-em ups so I enjoyed the Werehog sections :p [like the only person in existance who did] the stretchy arms are totally a Ristar reference xD

Colors was fine and had nice alternate path stuff, plus the wisps were fun.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Okay, serious question.
Notwithstanding whether or not I agree with your summation (I don't.), why do you even play sonic games if the primary thing that sets them apart from traditional platformers bugs you?
Because I very much enjoyed Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, and Sonic and Knuckles.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228

Anyway, Sonic is fairly likely right now due to reasons already stated, and he's a huge icon, so him not making it back in would cause a big hissy fit far more than the removal of Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, and Pichu caused.

There are a slew of people who thought Snake didn't fit, so him not making it back wouldn't cause as much of an issue. Of course, I'd like them both back myself.
Yeah, most Sonic the Hedgehog titles are like that.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Conspiracy theory time:

Remember Miyamoto's comments about adding a 3rd Mario Bro? I'm thinking the 3rd Mario bro might be the one kidnapped by Bowser in Super Mario 3D World.
It could be Stanley from Donkey Kong 3. He would be the "white" Bro to red Mario and green Luigi... The colors of the flag of Italy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I loved Unleashed for the sense of Speed you got and I love beat-em ups so I enjoyed the Werehog sections :p [like the only person in existance who did] the stretchy arms are totally a Ristar reference xD
I never liked the Day stages. Not enough control for me overall. Werehog was more fun, though. The Tails stages were badly designed, though. I liked the Hub area the most(but if you die you lose a life... after 2006 gave you infinite lives... why couldn't they keep that bit? One of the best things to come out from it) But eh. I preferred a lot of games before Colors and Unleashed. Even Shadow and 06. To each their own.

Colors was fine and had nice alternate path stuff, plus the wisps were fun.

Well, I couldn't play much of it on the Wii version. So I might still like it. I only played a very unfun space-like stage. Really boring and I couldn't beat the stage either. I'm going to start the DS version soon.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Wisps used in For.

@The Black Mage: Er, are like what? I don't understand what you mean.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I could see Snake probably going, but the Sonic fanbase is so massive and utterly rabid that I would be really surprised if SSB4 cut Sonic. It would be a PR disaster for the game.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I could see Snake probably going, but the Sonic fanbase is so massive and utterly rabid that I would be really surprised if SSB4 cut Sonic. It would be a PR disaster for the game.
No kidding! I woulden't be one of them but the Sonic fanbase would implode and make EVERYONE miserable :<. It's sad really..

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
French interview with Miyamoto,it concerns Starfox a bit:
It's in actual French and Google translate doesn't stop loading sooo...
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2013/00066472-interview-shigeru-miyamoto-nintendo.htm
The interesting part:
jeuxvideo.com> What is the series that you want to work or rework?

Shigeru Miyamoto: We recently had a number of partner companies that have been able to make in the Yoshi or StarFox game series. For a long time I have not worked on these series myself. I would like to work on these new franchises.

And IGN about F-Zero:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/20/dont-get-your-hopes-up-for-f-zero
The interesting part:
"I certainly understand that people want a new F-Zero game," Miyamoto said. "I think where I struggle is that I don’t really have a good idea for what’s new that we could bring to F-Zero that would really turn it into a great game again. Certainly I can see how people looking at Mario Kart 8 could see, through the anti-gravity, a connection to F-Zero. But I don’t know, at this point, what direction we could go in with a new F-Zero."

Bringing these up,since it seems to be the current topic.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
So Fox's Up-air has been changed, huh? Quite a shame, the kick doesn't look like it has an epic vertical KO potential as the previous Up-air. But I could be wrong.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
WAZZUP!!!

I haven't been able to get on for a few days, give me a 5 word summary of everything I missed, GO!
5 word summary: No one wants Pac-man playable.

Really hard summing up everything in 5 words. I just picked the most recent I can remember
I don't mind him making it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom