• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
And yet there are people desperate to think that the "leak" is real and we'll get that character. You know, despite there being statements that contradict the notion.
Sakurai's statement doesn't contradict the notion that Pac-Man could appear in SSB4. It simply means that a Namco rep is not guaranteed.

That said, I am not taking Sakurai's words at face value, as if a Namco rep is in there is really no other answer he could have given that would not have confirmed a Namco rep.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Am I the only one that wanted to smash my head against a wall when Super Mario 3D World was revealed? I'm sorry, I'd be lying if I said I'm excited for this game. I mean it looks fun and all... but my last Mario game was Super Mario Galaxy, all Mario games after didn't really piqued my interest. I know the game hasn't been release yet, but from the past Super Mario games, I'm not interested right now. Though, I am going to wait and see once it's released to make my final judgement.

What's with the AAA game industry afraid of taking creative risks (not just Mario in general)? I don't think it hurts to take a risk once in a while like Super Mario Sunshine. **** do I have to rely on indie developers to be the innovators? Doesn't matter anyway since I've always supported indie developers for a long time now. Or maybe it's because my interest in video games in winding down the older I get? :/

/rant

Anyway, I don't really care much about Pac-Man, though I'd be cool if we get a stage. And yeah, I'd love to hear some Pac-Man music as well. Pls pls pls this song:

It's like one of my faves. Always got me pumped up.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Like I said I don't mind seeing Pac-man make it. Depending on how his moveset is executed he can be a pretty cool character, whether if it based off of his Pac-man World & arcade games or based off of all the retro Namco games and all of his moves are from games like Galaga, Dig Dug etc... he can be a pretty unique character.

I'm not sure if the rumor is debunked or not, because the dude never gave any specifications on when these characters would reveal. he just predicted that they will make it in.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if the rumor is debunked or not, because the dude never gave any specifications on when these characters would reveal. he just predicted that they will make it in.
Nah, he specifically said that they would all be revealed at E3, "barring last-minute changes", which shouldn't really be considered as it's a hilariously easy cop-out for any rumor. The rumor could still be true, though. It's quite possible that he simply made assumptions about the reveal schedule.

Anyways, on the subject of Pac-Man, I would actually be a bit worried about a potential Pac-Man stage. Sakurai was entirely too faithful to the original retro games with 75m and Mario Bros, and those stages sucked as a result.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pac-man was actually on the first roster I made for smash way back in the melee days

Edit: Along with other third parties Sonic, Mega Man and Bomberman

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
No kidding! I woulden't be one of them but the Sonic fanbase would implode and make EVERYONE miserable :<. It's sad really..
Haha, yeah. Well, you can pick what games you like, but you can't pick the fanbase, right? There's certainly a good amount of reasonable Sonic fans out there.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Haha, yeah. Well, you can pick what games you like, but you can't pick the fanbase, right? There's certainly a good amount of reasonable Sonic fans out there.
I just wish we weren't so spread out. It's hard to find the other reasonable ones most of the time ^^;

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Am I the only one that wanted to smash my head against a wall when Super Mario 3D World was revealed? I'm sorry, I'd be lying if I said I'm excited for this game. I mean it looks fun and all... but my last Mario game was Super Mario Galaxy, all Mario games after didn't really piqued my interest. I know the game hasn't been release yet, but from the past Super Mario games, I'm not interested right now. Though, I am going to wait and see once it's released to make my final judgement.
I kind of agree; but you have to keep in mind that 3D World won't be the definitive Mario game for the WiiU.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm actually a fan of the Mario Bros. stage. I thought it was pretty cool literally playing on one of my fave classic Mario games. For srs bsns maybe not, but I still think it's a fresh idea. 75m though, I'm not a big fan of (maybe because of the size). Granted, whenever I'm playing on that stage, I just run around collecting those items, hearing that nostalgic tune. :chuckle:
I kind of agree; but you have to keep in mind that 3D World won't be the definitive Mario game for the WiiU.
Yeah, that's true. I'm also sure we'll get another Mario game that perhaps is very fresh, not taking from any existing formula before. The thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to milk out the Mario series even more in the future. That's what I'm worried about.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We may still get a fully 3D Mario platformer. It's not some guarantee, of course. But I'm not terribly worried.

Also, I do hope we get a good slew of crazy and somewhat static courses like Melee had. Brawl still had some very nice ones, though.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I'll be happy to have Pac-Man if it means they'll put in music tracks from Mario Kart Arcade GP and Galaga Arrangement.

His Final Smash and stage could also be cool.
His Final Smash is probably just gonna be turning into the Pacman sprite and defeating the enemies like they're blueghosts

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm actually a fan of the Mario Bros. stage. I thought it was pretty cool literally playing on one of my fave classic Mario games. For srs bsns maybe not, but I still think it's a fresh idea. 75m though, I'm not a big fan of (maybe because of the size). Granted, whenever I'm playing on that stage, I just run around collecting those items, hearing that nostalgic tune. :chuckle:
I'm not even talking about just srs bsns. Casual or competitive play, the layout of the stage combined with the insane killing power of the creature spawns made pretty much the whole thing about hitting your opponents with a Koopa. Just wasn't fun.

They were really unique ideas for stages, which is why I so badly want the retro stages to be fun this time around.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I'm not even talking about just srs bsns. Casual or competitive play, the layout of the stage combined with the insane killing power of the creature spawns made pretty much the whole thing about hitting your opponents with a Koopa. Just wasn't fun.

They were really unique ideas for stages, which is why I so badly want the retro stages to be fun this time around.
My fave retro stage was the Super Mario Bros 2 stage from Melee.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Also, speaking of retro stages, do you guys think that in SSB4 they'll have stages from past SSB games other than Brawl, or do you think they'll just keep only putting a few select stages from the previous title (in this case, Brawl, of course)?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It could be Stanley from Donkey Kong 3. He would be the "white" Bro to red Mario and green Luigi... The colors of the flag of Italy.

Either that, or I want something not Moustached. Young/Teen/Female/Animal/Black/ect. Third Mario "Bro" should be something 3edgy5me

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
If they do, I hope they get reworked. I feel like they just imported the stages last time and it felt really lazy.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Also, speaking of retro stages, do you guys think that in SSB4 they'll have stages from past SSB games other than Brawl, or do you think they'll just keep only putting a few select stages from the previous title (in this case, Brawl, of course)?
I'm thinking some Melee stages will come along with it. But I'm not sure. The stage I want from brawl most to stay is Castle Siege.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If they do, I hope they get reworked. I feel like they just imported the stages last time and it felt really lazy.

Well, they did feel like the classic versions, so he did get the feel of them right. They were terribly unbalanced. But the music was great too. I hope we can get more music as is, and that they're kept out of Single Player, since honestly, they aren't that annoying in a casual game compared to anything remotely competitive.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
They did that for authenticity. A level based on 75m wouldn't have had as much of a nostalgia impact as 75m did for some older people.

>Implying that level was played on by anyone in general

Cannot stand that level. BOTH DK level's in Brawl were just... not good.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Even in casual play I thought that stage is pretty fun. What's "fun" is subjective though (I really don't want to get into the argument of the definition of "fun"). But I definitely would like to see new retro stages.

Hanenbow is a weird stage for me. I like the concept, but I personally think the execution isn't great. I would like a very colourful and trippy stage like Hanenbow, perhaps with a cute objective that requires teamwork (or not) to complete (like how you can make the flower bloom).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
OH YEAAAH, I had a dream about Sm4sh last night. Falco, Wolf, Krystal, Goroh confirmed via subconcious dreaming. Goroh is a villain in the story mode.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Honestly, Brawl had THE WORST stage selection out of any of the Smash games. Smash4 may finally beat out Melee's stage list.
Yeah, Melees stages were less wild but Brawl really tore down some of the conventions (set by this very franchise) in how we can interact with layouts, hazards and other stuff.

Brawl might have had the wackiest stages but Melee had 4 or 5 battlefield variants which lead some people to think that Melee's stages needed a bit more variety. There is no pleasing everyone. :rolleyes:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Brawl also had too many Mario stages as well. Mother and Kirby deserved more stages tbh.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Brawl also had too many Mario stages as well. Mother and Kirby deserved more stages tbh.

Mostly why they bothered me. New Pork City wasn't terrible, but kind of annoying. Kirby had 3 characters and two total stages. What's up with that? :/

I would've added 1 more of each. Star Fox wasn't any better, notably. Also, R.O.B. didn't really have a stage related to him, so Mario Bros. had some justification for being in.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I liked that idea of fighting in a factory making R.O.B's with a giant R.O.B. being a stage hazard being R.O.B.'s stage.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Melee vs Brawl stages:

At least Summit was better than Infinite Glacier.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Duck Hunt didn't get a rep. A Duck Hunt stage would be flipping amazing for nostalgia and potential alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom