• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Can't really choose which game has the best stages, each game, for me at least, has been equal in stages that I like and dislike.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
An Urban Champion stage.
A long, flat stage where you avoid manholes and flower pots while fighting.

If any characters are roughhousing while a police car cruises by, the fighters will be shot at for massive damage, so it's wise to stop fighting once you hear the sirens.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Throw Jigg's rollout move away. Give her Moon Blast or Fairy Wind. Boom. All the Gen VI you need.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, Melees stages were less wild but Brawl really tore down some of the conventions (set by this very franchise) in how we can interact with layouts, hazards and other stuff.

Brawl might have had the wackiest stages but Melee had 4 or 5 battlefield variants which lead some people to think that Melee's stages needed a bit more variety. There is no pleasing everyone. :rolleyes:
I couldn't agree more. Brawl has some fresh stage interactions and mechanics (whether that'd be hazards, transformations, etc.). I personally love Frigate Orpheon and how the rotation mechanic works.

I'm hoping we'll get a nice balance of stages (from different franchises and competitive vs casual). But let's be honest, the stage roster isn't going to be perfect. I can see us getting a stage like New Pork City. A stage where a lot of people aren't fond of because of the poor layout or whatnot. But even then, there's always going to be people who like those kind of stages (I know it's hard to believe lol). For example, I like some stages that aren't universally liked. Likewise, I'm not fond of some stages that a lot of people like.

A stage based on The Mysterious Murasame Castle would be rather interesting.
As Kuma once said, this song needs to be put on a Mysterious Murasame Castle stage. :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well I just think Newtwo and Fairypuff are more than enough 6th Gen. This leaves more wiggle room for some interesting Pokemon additions. Especially if there are cuts. Dunno, just want some wild cards.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Well, Blaziken can happen along with Mudkip and Grovyle if 3rd Gen Pokémon Trainer replaces the one from Brawl.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I want Two stages from each series at least. Mario, Pokemon, LoZ should have 3 - 4 Kirby, Donkey Kong, Metroid should have 3

And I would like some VARIATIONS between stages. EX: Sector Y SF643D (Traditional type SF level) and Planet Sauria (Non-traditional SF Level)

Plus I want 3 - 4 levels without characters to represent them.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
grovyle would be like

That ain't Falco.
i never said it is
I think you missed the joke. It was a reference to Wombo Combo
[collapse=Wombo Combo]
[/collapse]
Around 0:10 to 0:11 they say "That ain't Falco."

Again, this would back up my statement of getting a Nintendo Direct sometime in December/January highlighting and announcing varies games coming out sometime in 2014.
I hope we don't have to wait till the end of the year for new info. I think we might hear some new stuff by TGS or GamesCom

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I hope we don't have to wait till the end of the year. For new info I think we might hear some new stuff by TGS or GamesCom
One problem with that statement is that the staff at Nintendo don't exactly go to conventions like those for video game announcements. In the past their announcements were mainly for E3 and Space World, but nowadays the focus on announcements is for Nintendo Directs released roughly every 2 months. Even then, there are the specific Nintendo Directs that can come around any time.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Always ready to whip out a Wombo Combo reference. That's Wombology 101
One problem with that statement is that the staff at Nintendo don't exactly go to conventions like those for video game announcements. In the past their announcements were mainly for E3 and Space World, but nowadays the focus on announcements is for Nintendo Directs released roughly every 2 months. Even then, there are the specific Nintendo Directs that can come around any time.
They don't follow the rules of E3 either, but they could possibly do a similar approach where they put out a Direct and have game kiosks on those event's floors.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I want Two stages from each series at least. Mario, Pokemon, LoZ should have 3 - 4 Kirby, Donkey Kong, Metroid should have 3
Stages from the series you mentioned i'd like to see in general

Zelda stages i'd like to see other then Skyloft.
Ganondorfs Tower from Ocarina of Time [Organ music and all]
Ikana Castle or Romani Ranch from Majora's Mask
Lake Hylia from Twilight Princess.
Mario stages
Bowser Airship. Moving stage
The Galaxy Observatory with space nintendo references in the background
The Glitz Pit
Pokemon
Give me something from the Orre games
Kirby
Great Maze Offensive, would work similar to Castle Siege in area changes but there would be more areas
Not sure on DK
Metroid
Talon IV
Chozodia

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just need you guy's honest opinion for this issue. Since Sakurai said that NOT everyone would be returning, which veterans do you think should be cut? Remodeling my roster is difficult because I can't make up my mind other than removing Snake and Toon Link..

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just need you guy's honest opinion for this issue. Since Sakurai said that NOT everyone would be returning, which veterans do you think should be cut? Remodeling my roster is difficult because I can't make up my mind other than removing Snake and Toon Link..

At this point, I can only really see possibly Snake, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, and Toon Link gone.(TL being replaced with Young Link, notably) The rest still seem like they'll stay. Sonic I have a feeling will stay, though.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So I got a theory. The next Donkey Kong Country is coming out at the end of November, and Dixie Kong is going to be a playable character again. The developer said that there's going to be another one he can't discuss about though. I think he's King K. Rool, and after the game is out, we'll get the reveal that he's going to be playable in Sm4sh. Wishful thinking?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Pretty much every character that was a low priority choice last time is likely to be at risk again, maybe with the exceptions of Mewtwo and Dixie Kong.

Jigglypuff, Toon Link, Wolf, Roy, Dr. Mario, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik/Tetra, pra_mai (implied to be "My Player").

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think ZSS may be cut. I don't have no evidence to support her possible cutting. It may just be a personal thing, but having Zero Suit Samus to me is like having
Wheel Chair Sonic: Your essentially stripping away the arsenal/powers that make that character cool.

Lucario might be cut aswell. I doubt Sakurai really wants 6 - 8 pokemon character slots in the roster

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
In my honest opinion. Snake, Toony and Lucario are in the most danger. I've been wrong in the past though

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well seeing how the Final Smash is returning, I think ZSS is safe to stay, especially since she also has the Metroid Other M design which she will likely use. I don't see her getting cut at all.

Toon Link's only saving grace would be Wind Waker HD and if Sakurai wants to get back to including Toon Zelda into the game. He could potentially get replaced by Young or Classic Link though.

I think Snake is probably the most likely of getting cut, especially since Sakurai has gotten much stricter when it comes to third parties, he might only add those who are "special cases" and are actually demanded to get in and he only included him in Brawl as a favor. But who knows I guess...

Lucario (or Pokemon Trainer?) could also be likely if Sakurai feels that pokemon shouldn't get more than 5 reps and he wants to include Zoroark or Genesect into the game alongside Mewtwo.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think HyperFalcon hit the nail on the head when it comes to who is possibly in danger of being slashed.

The only thing I'd add is that maybe Star Fox could lose either Falco or Wolf.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think HyperFalcon hit the nail on the head when it comes to who is possibly in danger of being slashed.

The only thing I'd add is that maybe Star Fox could lose either Falco or Wolf.

Sakurai didn't even know who Krystal was till around near the end of or after Brawl. So I doubt she's got much of a chance at this point. So I see the StarFox cast probably being the same. Albeit, I'd love to add her without cutting anyone, but if I had to, Falco would go first.

I don't think either are honestly in any danger currently, though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sakurai didn't even know who Krystal was till around near the end of or after Brawl. So I doubt she's got much of a chance at this point. So I see the StarFox cast probably being the same. Albeit, I'd love to add her without cutting anyone, but if I had to, Falco would go first.
You serious? He didn't know who she was until after Brawl?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

You know just because I have Krystal in my signature isn't the only reason I think Wolf/Falco might go.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You serious? He didn't know who she was until after Brawl?

I forget which. And yep.

You know just because I have Krystal in my signature isn't the only reason I think Wolf/Falco might go.

There's no reason to cut either of them unless she's coming in, really. There's not that many characters in the series playable right now. And I didn't see your signature when I replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom