• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I'm not all that into the deep competitive smash game to be perfectly honest. I just use who I want when I want pretty much [other then the example I put above]. Although I was thinking for Smash 4 to get into it a little bit this time.
Once your views on characters and the game start getting skewed by a lot of the ideas and things thrown around by people whose game play experience is greatly different from yours that's when the game and characters start feeling weird and your perception changes for no good reason. As long as you have fun doing your own thing you're set But yeah, don't give too much stock to tiers and stuff as they only apply to a vaccuum niche of people who play Smash.

Playing competitively is a lot of fun but it can get frustrating at times when you don't quite get what to do against certain people. You should definitely stake a stab at it when the game is released!

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Hello! Just passing here to say hi since I'm new. I'm looking forward to be able to participate in future discussions! Thanks for reading.
Oh, and how do I change my profile picture?

AvengerX94

Smash Cadet
Was Meta Knight really that hard of a character to fight against? I played against many people online who showed that they main'ed Meta Knight, but I never really saw him as over powered. I found him fairly easy to fight, sure his ability to recover is annoying, but I manged to look over it. I might sound like a douche saying that but it's the truth.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Once your views on characters and the game start getting skewed by a lot of the ideas and things thrown around by people whose game play experience is greatly different from yours that's when the game and characters start feeling weird and your perception changes for no good reason. As long as you have fun doing your own thing you're set But yeah, don't give too much stock to tiers and stuff as they only apply to a vaccuum niche of people who play Smash.

Playing competitively is a lot of fun but it can get frustrating at times when you don't quite get what to do against certain people. You should definitely stake a stab at it when the game is released!
Alright thanks for the encouragement! I will definitely keep that in mind

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hello! Just passing here to say hi since I'm new. I'm looking forward to be able to participate in future discussions! Thanks for reading.
Welcome!

Click on your username at the top of the page and it should list your options. You'll see one called Avatar there. It can be changed by uploading an image you saved to your computer.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Was Meta Knight really that hard of a character to fight against? I played against many people online who showed that they main'ed Meta Knight, but I never really saw him as over powered. I found him fairly easy to fight, sure his ability to recover is annoying, but I manged to look over it. I might sound like a douche saying that but it's the truth.
You must be either a really good player, or really lucky not to see a pro or troll Meta Knight.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Welcome! I'd also tell you the 2nd part but Phantom beat me to it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He literally has no match up where he's at a disadvantage competively. He basically counters 85% of the cast easily. So in short: yes.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I use DDD and Fox in Barlw. I'm kind of a glutton for punishment with my wonky match-up spread. Also, Automatic is officially my competitive Brawl waifu.

As for playing Smash 4 competitively? I'm gonna wait and see. I may start traveling again for Smash 4 tourneys during the game's infancy; one last hurrah before I start really getting my life together. I feel like I owe it to myself, considering how important this game (and its community) is to me.

Smooth Criminal

AvengerX94

Smash Cadet
You must be either a really good player, or really lucky not to see a pro or troll Meta Knight.
Well, I have met some real A-holes with him, but I quickly adjusted to their playing style considering how often I fight him. Idk, maybe I haven't seen the true trollers.

Okay, back to being a spectator.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
He literally has no match up where he's at a disadvantage competively. He basically counters 85% of the cast easily. So in short: yes.
I do know Yoshi can grab release him all day, but of course that is pretty much only useful on FD and Smash ville where there are little to no platforms.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

In the words of Guns N Roses:

Welcome to the jungle! We've got fun and games!

Hoots

Can Be Combative
In the words of Guns N Roses:

Welcome to the jungle! We've got fun and games!
In other immortal words of GNR:

Ya get nothin' for nothin' if that's what you do
Turn around *****, I got a use for you
Besides, you ain't got nothin' better to do and I'm bored

Also, you guys sure play a lot of characters. Just Diddy Kong and Wario for me.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Thanks for the advice Phantom. And also thanks for the welcoming. :)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I like how Metaknight's specials aid in recovery. Just make them specific.

Mach Tornado: Has the most movement control. However, only does a little damage with little stun. Mostly used to move around the stage.

Shuttle Loop: Low Knockback. Initial hit only gives him space, cannot kill. Glide mode should be less flexible. Used as an escape move with great horizontal movement.

Drill: Mostly used for damage. Less safe on a miss via more lag.

Teleport: Fix glitch. Give this move some KO potential if it hits.

Give him less hit stun on his attacks, more frames.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Your probably right. I just call the typical pig baddies in LoZ Moblins.
I do remember facing him quite a bit in TP so i guess he would have a name of the title.
There originally were going to be actual Moblins in TP but they got cut from it.
From what was shown in footage, their AI was the same as in Wind Waker.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I like how Metaknight's specials how aid in recovery. Just make them specific.

Mach Tornado: Has the most movement control. However, only does a little damage with little stun. Mostly used to move around the stage.

Shuttle Loop: Low Knockback. Initial hit only gives him space, cannot kill. Glide mode should be less flexible. Used as an escape move with great horizontal movement.

Drill: Mostly used for damage. Less safe on a miss via more lag.

Teleport: Fix glitch. Give this move some KO potential if it hits.

Give him less hit stun on his attacks, more frames.

As a Meta Knight player, what makes him strong is his priority over other attacks. This means that Meta Knight can easily cancel other character's attacks with his own. Brawl also has pretty terrible hit stuns. This is why Meta Knight shines. Almost every time you hit him, you're going to get hit right back. Meta Knight also has a very low start up lag on his attacks. This can easily be seen when using a DSmash or his FAir....they come out REALLY quick. He has great range in his attacks, probably a little less than Marth's.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I find it funny still I joined this site randomly 5 years ago and it took me 5 years to remember I had it and to post.

Hehe, I been here for a while, but I rarely ever posted. The only times I would post were to ask questions about tournament locations around my area.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I find it funny still I joined this site randomly 5 years ago and it took me 5 years to remember I had it and to post.

Kind of what happened to me. I made a few posts during the Brawl days, disappeared, then just was like ''Hmm. New game is coming. Maybe I should come back."

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Same here I recently started posting back in December. Hopefully, I'll stick around if the community doesn't reject this installment like they did brawl

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Hehe, I been here for a while, but I rarely ever posted. The only times I would post were to ask questions about tournament locations around my area.
Kind of what happened to me. I made a few posts during the Brawl days, disappeared, then just was like ''Hmm. New game is coming. Maybe I should come back."
Same here I recently started posting back in December. Hopefully, I'll stick around if the community doesn't reject this installment like they did brawl
I'm glad to know i'm not the only one then! Hahaha

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I actually have a feeling this installment will be widely accepted for the most part by this community.

But I'm prepared to go back to the slums a.k.a AiB if things go to the ****ter again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom