• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So is it safe to say that Sakurai will be debuting characters through Nintendo Directs?
I highly doubt there will be the instance where he posts a pic of the day revealing a new characters and updates the character list as well.

I think we'll end up seeing a Direct hopefully in 1 to 2 months. Where he reveals like 1 newcomer and like 2 vets.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
So is it safe to say that Sakurai will be debuting characters through Nintendo Directs?
I highly doubt there will be the instance where he posts a the pic of the day revealing a new characters and update the character list as well.

I think we'll end up seeing a Direct hopefully in 1 to 2 months. Where he reveals like 1 newcomer and like 2 vets.
I'm thinking this is how it'll go as well. The directs and a video or 2 to get hype for the shown characters. Then they will be the prime pictures for acouple weeks

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pork is kinda poisonous. Pigs absorb toxic like a sponge, and they never sweat in their life. And, they eat everything and everything. And no, even if you cook it it will stay the same.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Nintendo Directs seem like a good opportunity to reveal new information. The normal Nintendo Directs happen every 2 months for your information.However, whether or not that will actually happen is another story.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So potential new stuff shown in August, in my Birthday Month? Playable Palutena plz. >_<

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So even with a 'Dojo' we still have to wait out for Nintendo Directs? Nice. :rolleyes:

Considering most 'food' is toxic these days I'm not surprised people ate willingly eating it. But don't worry, chicken will soon become the new pork... :rolleyes:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Nintendo Directs seem like a good opportunity to reveal new information. The normal Nintendo Directs happen every 2 months for your information.However, whether or not that will actually happen is another story.
Every 2 months? That's good to know.
Crossing my fingers that we don't get a 15min You Must Recover Direct. :rotfl:...................... I think i just jinxed it :sadeyes:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
So even with a 'Dojo' we still have to wait out for Nintendo Directs? Nice. :rolleyes:
While I would have really liked to get news from the Dojo, using Directs to reveal newcomers is the only way to really reveal them in a surprising and hype-building way. Having a CHALLENGER APPROACHING landing page was kind of fun, but nothing beats having it come as a total surprise in a video. There's no way it can be spoiled.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Veterans can be revealed by the website. But Directs do seem like the proper way for a newcomer to be showed off.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Do you even recover?
*uses Up-B to fly* Hope I don't get hit then. D:

Speaking of that, I can imagine Pit's Up-B having a little buff in a special way that allows him to still fly faster, and still fly after taking some hits, but falls after taking a certain amount of damage. In turn, he flinches when hit making him harder to control. It's like a reference to air battles in Uprising. Add bonus points if he can attack while flying.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Its also funny because Star Wars had a game called Unleashed as well. 2 things i'm huge fans of :p

Until you realize they put Starkiller in Soul Calibur IV and he was broken as hell... as a computer. He's banned online... due to his powers causing lag. He's actually a very powerful human player, but only high tier. At least, last I checked.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Until you realize they put Starkiller in Soul Calibur IV and he was broken as hell... as a computer. He's banned online... due to his powers causing lag. He's actually a very powerful human player, but only high tier. At least, last I checked.
Even with the added Star Wars characters in SCIV I played mostly as my favorite. Sophitia.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I ****ing hated Starkiller as a CPU in SCIV.

I nearly broke some PS3 controllers because of that *******.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Even with the added Star Wars characters in SCIV I played mostly as my favorite. Sophitia.

Lizardman, baby. Nightmare and Siegfried too. I also sometimes used Zasalamel's style and Kilik's.

Anyway, to get this back on-topic, if you could have any 3rd party character in Smash For, who would you choose? Note: It doesn't have to be a main character from a game. Or even a playable one. Just a character. Still must have a Nintendo appearance, at the very least.(cameos count)

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Lizardman, baby. Nightmare and Siegfried too. I also sometimes used Zasalamel's style and Kilik's.

Anyway, to get this back on-topic, if you could have any 3rd party character in Smash For, who would you choose? Note: It doesn't have to be a main character from a game. Or even a playable one. Just a character. Still must have a Nintendo appearance, at the very least.(cameos count)
Simon Belmont. [I'd say Richter as he is my favorite of the Belmonts but all his games except the random changed game from Rondo of Blood to Dracula X on the SNES aren't Nintendo unless you count his playability in Portrait of Ruin]

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
-coughs down at signature-

My hope is Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac Man. Anything beyond that is just extra candy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
-coughs down at signature-

My hope is Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac Man. Anything beyond that is just extra candy.
MegaMan's already in. :p Not a fan of Paccy, but he has icon power. Maybe it depends if the actual new show goes anywhere. If it becomes super popular/has good ratings, he might not be a bad idea. If the ratings are abysmal, well...

Simon Belmont. [I'd say Richter as he is my favorite of the Belmonts but all his games except the random changed game from Rondo of Blood to Dracula X on the SNES aren't Nintendo unless you count his playability in Portrait of Ruin]

Didn't we get those on the Virtual Console? If so, Richter would count.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Like I said a million times, my loyalty and support belongs to Lady Palutena. <3 I really should expand on that too.
Bowser Jr without the Shadow Mario stuff would be a bonus.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
To respond to your question, Hyper:

Anyone from Chrono Trigger.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Poppy: Chrono seems to be popular. :awesome:

@JediSuperSonic: Well, if you look like Luke... but yeah. Who knows? Any Belmont would be cool.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I know ever is all aasiofasjofiasjfoasjafsjoaijsfoasjfo Crono, but I'd much prefer Serge from Chrono Cross if he weren't from a Playstation game. :(
Its about time I met someone who liked Chrono Cross as well as Trigger

Any Belmont would be cool.
All those subweapons not to mention the whip and skills!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Its about time I met someone who liked Chrono Cross as well as Trigger
Only one I own, notably.

All those subweapons not to mention the whip and skills!

And his personality in Captain N. It's what made me overall look Simon Belmont. He had so little in the games that I played, well...

Okay, yeah, the personalities and such were badly represented, but they have their charm. Mother Brain from there is hilarious.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
And his personality in Captain N. It's what made me overall look Simon Belmont. He had so little in the games that I played, well...

Okay, yeah, the personalities and such were badly represented, but they have their charm. Mother Brain from there is hilarious.
Haha, just think if Simon did end up in Smash 4. We'd have the complete Captain N trio.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Haha, just think if Simon did end up in Smash 4. We'd have the complete Captain N trio.

We just need Dr. Wily, Eggplant Wizard, King Hippo, and Mother Brain appearances and we're good. Also, Samus is in the Comics version instead of Simon, so we actually do have the trio. One version, anyway.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
We just need Dr. Wily, Eggplant Wizard, King Hippo, and Mother Brain appearances and we're good. Also, Samus is in the Comics version instead of Simon, so we actually do have the trio. One version, anyway.
Well I didn't even know there was a comic. Just blew my mind lol. To make it all the sweeter Link needs to have a taunt where he says "Excuse me Princess!"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well I didn't even know there was a comic. Just blew my mind lol. To make it all the sweeter Link needs to have a taunt where he says "Excuse me Princess!"

Well, Link and Zelda do show up in the show twice. Comics, maybe?

And I would love that. Too bad it's probably never going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom