• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I dropped Luigi at some point. I used to be a good Bowser, but lost my touch with him after using many other characters and not using him for a while. Same goes for Falco. I used to try out Zelda every now and then but I just don't like her style.

I main Kirby, King Dedede, and Pokemon Trainer as of now. I'm better with certain characters in full groups, while others I'm better with in 1v1 battles.
Other charactes I commonly use:

Mario
R.O.B.
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Samus
Marth

And if I can tell someone is cheaping out or trolling online, I'll bust out Olimar. If I'm getting teamed up on, I'll bring out Meta Knight. Even with a character as fast as him, there's not much you can do about taunt kill feeding.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
If people want to compete for first they'll gravitate towards the best character or secondaries that cover bad matchups to get to such placing.

Besides, these players can still play whatever their favorite character is during casuals or whenever they're not in competition.
Thats the sad part about it... thats why i was glad when Salem won Apex'13 with ZSS and not MK or ICs or something.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Thats the sad part about it... thats why i was glad when Salem won Apex'13 with ZSS and not MK or ICs or something.
Salem won because he understood the MK match up, which he played a million times at that tourney; mains a character that has a minimal disadvantage against MK and knows all the intricacies of his character while no one really knows how to fight ZSS.

The best player in the venue won fairly by using his experience and knowledge against people who weren't familiar with the situations presented.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Salem won because he understood the MK match up, which he played a million times at that tourney; mains a character that has a minimal disadvantage against MK and knows all the intricacies of his character while no one really knows how to fight ZSS.

The best player in the venue won fairly by using his experience and knowledge against people who weren't familiar with the situations presented.
Maybe its just me... but I dont think any of the top MKs really know how to fight anything besides MK, ICs, Olimar, Snake, Marth, Diddy, Wario, maybe Pika, and D3. I mean if their top players they might still kick a low tiers *** for the sheer purpose that MK is overused to may people know how to use MK to its full potential, and MK has tons of good frame options. If more people stuck to mastering their mains they would be just as good as Salem's ZSS. am i wrong?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I dropped Luigi at some point. I used to be a good Bowser, but lost my touch with him after using many other characters and not using him for a while. Same goes for Falco. I used to try out Zelda every now and then but I just don't like her style.

I main Kirby, King Dedede, and Pokemon Trainer as of now. I'm better with certain characters in full groups, while others I'm better with in 1v1 battles.
Other charactes I commonly use:

Mario
R.O.B.
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Samus
Marth

And if I can tell someone is cheaping out or trolling online, I'll bust out Olimar. If I'm getting teamed up on, I'll bring out Meta Knight. Even with a character as fast as him, there's not much you can do about taunt kill feeding.
I'll mess with every character except Marth, Falco, Metaknight, Lucas, Toon Link and Wario. I commonly use Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy, Bowser, Pikachu, Link, PT, Olimar and Zelda.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I've always ended up maining mid-low tier characters, without realizing it until I discovered tier lists in early 2012, and even then, I continue to do so. I don't really have grudges against top tier characters, it's just that I find almost all of their playstyles painfully boring, or I just don't like them as a character.

I mostly main Pit, Ganon, and Luigi. The only 2 characters I officially dropped are MK and IC. I never liked MK as a character being that he's Kirby with a cliche dark samurai personality, and his attacks are all over the place and it's hard to do something without going all over the screen. ICs I just never liked. No idea why, but I just don't like them.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I use to use MK but when I realized how broken he was I dropped him. Hes probably still my best character by far, but Ill never use it against people.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I like Metaknight character wise and was excited to see him in brawl. Then I learned just how good he was and went.. Welp better drop him or else people will call me a cheater.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
You guys really need to stop worrying about how good characters are and focus on enjoying the game AND the characters included. If you're not involved in a competitive community with proficient people the intricacies of the meta game won't affect you as much as you think they will.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
You guys really need to stop worrying about how good characters are and focus on enjoying the game AND the characters included. If you're not involved in a competitive community with proficient people the intricacies of the meta game won't affect you as much as you think they will.
You are absolutely correct ^^; I'm not all that into the deep competitive smash game to be perfectly honest. I just use who I want when I want pretty much [other then the example I put above]. Although I was thinking for Smash 4 to get into it a little bit this time.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Olimar is the essence of annoying and evil on wifi, even more than MK. That's something to agree on.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Characters I commonly use:

Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Peach
Zelda
Marth
Wolf
Luigi
R.O.B.
King Dedede
Olimar
Sonic

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Characters I commonly use:

Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Peach
Zelda
Marth
Wolf
Luigi
R.O.B.
King Dedede
Olimar
Sonic
I tend to use

Marth
Mario
Ike
Falco
Link
Sonic
Peach
Lucario.

Even then I still bounce around with the others for variety.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I tend to use the following characters

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toon Link
Zelda
Falco
Mr. G&W
King Dedede
ROB
Ike

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
We got pretty far off topic... lets not talk about Brawl tiers anymore and who we use to main, but talk about Smash 4 as the thread stated.

I hope ness, yoshi, luigi, falcon, and jiggs are in the next one, but ill still get it even if they're not there.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't think anyone here worries about how good characters are. From the looks of it most people here tend to use characters that are deemed "mid to low tier". I really don't know if anyone here (right now) really cares about tiers in general.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
But yeah variety is key. Sometimes I randomly throw a bone the rest of the roster's way so I know how to at least function with everyone in the roster.

Yesterday I played my boyfriend's sister as Yoshi because she wanted me to play the person I play the least. She tricked me into losing those last three matches. :lol:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Confession #3: I had a crush on this boy who sat next to me in grade 6. I was too shy to befriend him.
@Confession 3: I had a similar situation in my freshman year in highschool [gosh that feels so long ago]. There was a girl I liked but the whole year I never could speak to her because i'm a shy guy I got better somewhat over the years but :<
I feel your pains, it sure was hard being a shyguy, or Lon'Qu. No longer. Not that it solved anything :/
My sister told me once: "Sometimes, girls say things they really don't mean and expect you to know what they mean."

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Would anyone be willing to give Meta Knight a second shot if he was nerfed and more balanced?
For Smash 4 of course.
If his moveset was a little more interesting maybe. But if it is just the same moveset with tweaked damage output i doubt it.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
We got pretty far off topic... lets not talk about Brawl tiers anymore and who we use to main, but talk about Smash 4 as the thread stated.

I hope ness, yoshi, luigi, falcon, and jiggs are in the next one, but ill still get it even if they're not there.
I personally think those 5 are safe. Original 12 and all plus taking out Luigi after the YEAR OF LUIGI would be a crime.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I meant if some of his moves couldn't be landed so easily, and if his specials couldn't ALL function as recoveries. A different balanced out moveset. Nerfing his attacks in damage and knockback certainly wouldn't be enough.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Maybe it was just me, but I thought thats what he meant by balanced.
If he meant balanced as in new moveset overhaul like Bowser/Pit then yes.
If he meant balance as in existing brawl moveset with changes to % then no.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Would anyone be willing to give Meta Knight a second shot if he was nerfed and more balanced?
For Smash 4 of course.
Yes. He's got a nice playstyle, he's just overpowered as **** and that is really offputting. A character who is so speedy and focusses on linking attacks togheter he shouldn't kill so well. Nerf him similary to what they did with Sheik in Brawl. Maybe a little less, cause Brawl Sheik is actually really sucky.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I meant if some of his moves couldn't be landed so easily, and if his specials couldn't ALL function as recoveries. A different balanced out moveset. Nerfing his attacks in damage and knockback certainly wouldn't be enough.
Giving all of his attacks 5 or more frames of endlag would help. Having tornado have good knockback (not able to be trapped inside of it) Shuttle Loop always sending someone vertical would also help in nerfing him.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
It is irrational to hate a character's ethos and essence simply because he was overly powerful in one game.
Here's hoping for that balance. I hope Marth gets his longer sword back :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Giving all of his attacks 5 or more frames of endlag would help. Having tornado have good knockback (not able to be trapped inside of it) Shuttle Loop always sending someone vertical would also help in nerfing him.
That would help, but he would still need an overhaul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom