• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
What are you guys talking about? I meant Frog. :chuckle:

Final Smash: Cutting a mountain in two.

D

Deleted member

Newcomer: Game Boy. :troll:

And Donkey Kong was one of the villains of the show (and was strangely more like King Kong than the actual Donkey Kong).
So that adds a bit more Captain N reference. :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And Donkey Kong was one of the villains of the show (and was strangely more like King Kong than the actual Donkey Kong).
So that adds a bit more Captain N reference. :awesome:

That's because he was specifically the DK from the original Arcade game. He's Cranky Kong, and already has Smash cameos anyway. :awesome:

But sure, let's go with any Donkey Kong works cause why not? :D

D

Deleted member

Cranky DK wasn't like King Kong either.

If you've seen the show, you'd get what I'm talking about. DK was effing HUGE in Captain N.
Let me put it this way; he's bigger than any size Ridley has ever been.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've seen the show.

But keep in mind that every character was nothing like their game counterpart. That's one of the reasons a lot of people hated it. It had appeal, though.

I'm saying that Cranky Kong was far bigger than regular DK, and that the DK in there was actually Cranky. I didn't say he was portrayed well or made to look accurate.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well it's not to say that K.Rool was even bigger than Donkey Kong in DKC.

K.ROOL IS TOO BIG FOR SMASH

Again, different Donkey Kongs. The one in Donkey Kong[Arcade] and Donkey Kong Country aren't even the same person. Of course, Cranky got smaller in old age. Or things weren't accurate to scale of what the characters' true sizes were. Limitations and all.

D

Deleted member

I love how people don't even stop to think that Cranky may just be a senile old ape that believes himself to be the original DK.
I mean, he can't even decide whether the current DK is his son (which would be DK Jr.) or his grandson (which would be the son of DK Jr.). :laugh:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
It's pronounced. . . Reggie feesamay?
I'm so bad at Francish. Frenchanese. Frenchican.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The Smash announcer saying Reggie's name when you select him is reason enough to put Reggie in the game.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
My priorities for mains is ether going to be Shulk or Takamaru.

Does anyone else like to change mains with every game, typically to parallel the new characters introduced in each game?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Does anyone else like to change newcomers with every game, typically to parallel the new characters introduced in each game?
Do you mean "mains"?

If that's the case, no, I usually don't. Of course I try out the new characters, but I try to keep my primary mains consistent.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Do you mean "mains"?

If that's the case, no, I usually don't. Of course I try out the new characters, but I try to keep my primary mains consistent.
If he did then, I stay pretty consistent although a newcomer or 2 usually make their way into my big set I prefer to play as. Mario, Link and Fox were my main men in 64, changed to Roy, Mario, Falco, which changed to Marth, Mario, Ike. See? xD

Not to mention I like to use everyone at some point and I like to try new people most of all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mains? I mained Mario in the first Smash. I played a lot of others, though, having no real secondary. Melee was Ganondorf easily. Bowser I'm not bad at. For Brawl, nobody appeals to me much. I suck at MK, and while I like R.O.B., I tend to still love Falcon and G-Dorf.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
As a french,"aime" is pronounced like "heym" not "heymay".
It's also funny that Fils-Aime means Son-Love.
But it's just too good to know that he'd like if he was a character.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Mains? I mained Mario in the first Smash. I played a lot of others, though, having no real secondary. Melee was Ganondorf easily. Bowser I'm not bad at. For Brawl, nobody appeals to me much. I suck at MK, and while I like R.O.B., I tend to still love Falcon and G-Dorf.
Yeah I play alot of characters. Mario is like the one guy who I always go to first in a smash game to get used to its basics. Always who I play as first, although in Brawl I changed that up with Ike because I was so into FE9/FE10 at the time I felt I had to play as him, one of the only Power characters I've liked using in a fighter haha

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah I play alot of characters. Mario is like the one guy who I always go to first in a smash game to get used to its basics. Always who I play as first, although in Brawl I changed that up with Ike because I was so into FE9/FE10 at the time I felt I had to play as him, one of the only Power characters I've liked using in a fighter haha

I went with somebody other than Mario cause he was mediocre in Brawl. No, wait, just plain bad.

Good thing I had Sheik to go for right away. :awesome:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My priorities for mains is ether going to be Shulk or Takamaru.

Does anyone else like to change mains with every game, typically to parallel the new characters introduced in each game?
I play as everyone but I like to try to add one or two characters that I practice the most with. With the original, it was Yoshi, Fox, and Mario, with Melee it was Fox, Sheik, Mario, and Ness, and with Brawl it was Mario, Fox, Ness, Wario, and King Dedede.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just read this:

On the other hand, even if you have a character suited for a fighting game, if you can't make him stick out from the pack and extract something unique from him, then what can you do?

I think this bodes bad for Chrom unless he bumps out Ike. Particularly about the comment about sticking out from the rest of the cast.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Lizardman, baby. Nightmare and Siegfried too. I also sometimes used Zasalamel's style and Kilik's.

Anyway, to get this back on-topic, if you could have any 3rd party character in Smash For, who would you choose? Note: It doesn't have to be a main character from a game. Or even a playable one. Just a character. Still must have a Nintendo appearance, at the very least.(cameos count)
Personally, I'd be fine with the following:

Sonic (Sega)
Mega Man (Capcom)
Pac-Man (Namco)
Simon Belmont (Konami)
Chocobo & Slime (Square Enix)
Rayman (Ubisoft)
Banjo-Kazooie (Rare.... Damn, you Microsoft)

D

Deleted member

Reggie should be like this:

And his Final Smash should be kicking his opponent's ass (not literally, of course), then breaking the 4th Wall by taking their name off their life meter and continue kicking their ass while using their name as a blunt object.
Since Reggie is all about kicking ass and taking names.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I just read this:
I think this bodes bad for Chrom unless he bumps out Ike. Particularly about the comment about sticking out from the rest of the cast.
Eh, I wouldn't put too much stock in that, to be honest. Wolf and Lucas may not be clones, but they don't exactly stick out from the rest of the cast, and Toon Link was a straight-up clone. Maybe he's completely changed his mind for this time, though, and will go for more completely unique characters. We can hope.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
As a french,"aime" is pronounced like "heym" not "heymay".
It's also funny that Fils-Aime means Son-Love.
But it's just too good to know that he'd like if he was a character.
As a french "maid," go... go pick up your pants from the dry cleaners that I left there while you were at work, master. *curtsy*

THEN GO EAT A ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom