• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Well, you had Ice types already, but those are frail defensively due to their sheer amount of weaknesses.

Hmm... do you think Fairy-type will be weak to Poison? Poison-types are kind of useless offensively, beating Grass-types only.
I honestly think they should be. But then again I've always thought Poison should be strong against water as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Even in cases like adding Pokemon characters, there are a lot of parties involved and there’s a lot of wrangling.
I'm surprised no one's brought this quote up yet.

My inquiry about Namco Bandai characters did lead Sakurai to ask me a question in return - if I had to pick one character, which Namco Bandai character would I want in Super Smash Bros.? The answer seemed obvious to me - the original arcade version of Pac-Man. Sakurai then asked me what a Final Smash might look like for that, and we started to discuss how how Pac-Man could become super-powered, and chase other characters around a stage, attempting to eat them. It was a surreal discussion to say the least, but shows that Sakurai is always contemplating what else he might add to his projects, packing them full of as much content as possible.
#Jelly

Sukai

Smash Champion
Heh, I can wait for this game. Come August, I'll have Tales of Xillia, then October I'll have Chrono Phantasma, some time afterwards I'll have Sonic Lost World.

I will not be pressed for entertainment while waiting.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
I don't think we're getting a DOJO, but once October hits, I won't care. Pokemon X & Y for dayyyyyyyyssss.

I'm really not happy to hear they're having difficulties with transferring Pokemon from the DS games to the 3DS. I need all my babies back with me on the most current game.
Ahhhhh...your joking right....it has to be done it HAS TOO ! omg i need to take my Zapdos with me RealTalk.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hope they spam the $h¡t out of Smash 4 like they did with Pikmin in these Directs.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo has been using the Internet a hell of a lot more and often to reveal stuff about games since Brawl was released so I have a gut feeling that we might get news on Smash even faster now (including outside of Sakurai's lunch break photos)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Speaking of Sonic. What do you all think of his returning chances being? Considering the recent Nintendo/Sega 3 exclusive to Nintendo Console Sonic games deal they did?
If he leaves it will be because Sega wants him too.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Watching some of the reactions to Smash Bros. and Megaman on YouTube, I now realize how similar our Skype chat was to them.:laugh:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
John listed off a lot of people that were in that skype call, I can't imagine anyone being able to hear the trailer with everyone either screaming or talking. :laugh:

It's a shame these "updates" are hardly updates. I certainly hope the Dojo comes back in full force at some point.
I wouldn't expect a Dojo at this point in development. I'd guess the Dojo we know and love will come up midway between now and its release possibly.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Watching some of the reactions to Smash Bros. and Megaman on YouTube, I now realize how similar our Skype chat was to them.
I was doing that all day Friday too. I still can't believe Mega Man made it in. I love how most of these reactions in the stream begins to lag when Mega Man is revealed

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
My brother and me watched the Direct, and I'm a pretty calm person, but at the start of the Smash trailer I started to lose my ****, then I lost the rest of it when Mega Man was shown.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
First it started with us seeing the symbol and getting hype.
Then we saw Animal crossing and we all thought it was just another animal Crossing game.
Then we saw the Nintendo characters and the hype rose back up.
Then comes the marvel at the graphics and people thinking Mario was Paper Mario at first.
Then we saw the Wii U version and the hype rose even higher.
Even more amazement by the visuals.
Then Bowser's Drop Kick :awesome:
Then we were all like villager really.
Thought we saw balloon fighter but realized later it wasn't.
Then disappointment because the trailer ended and only 1 character was revealed.
Then Challenger Approaching caused every everyone to go silent.
We saw the person the mountain.
Helmet came and on and chat exploded!:surprised:
Marveled at how he had all the Megaman poses.
Then saw metal blades and everyone was at their hypest.
Marveled at more of the abilities.
Speechlessness, OMG! and "Did that just happen?" everywhere.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As soon as the flaming logo appeared, I was like "This feels familiar... This is Smash Bros.!"

Then, Animal Crossing stuff, and I was like "What? Animal Crossing?"

When the Villager picks up the letter and starts running happily, I notice the symbol on the letter. My reaction "YES! This is the new Smash Bros.!"

Cue the franchise logos and I completely lost it. XD :laugh:

The biggest holy shít was when the WARNING screen appeared and I was like "WTF?"

Mega Man gets revealed and "OH MY GOD!!!" (And I'm not much of a Mega Man fan, having never played a Mega Man game to the end. :p)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Why wouldn't anyone think it's a trailer to some AC-game when there was even the whole "flaming" Smash Logo-thing...

Well I wouldn't be surprised if a number of people got confused or at least raised an eyebrow since we have heard about Sakurai and his opinion in regards to Animal Crossing getting playable reps. I don't blame them.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I knew it was Mega Man as soon as I saw that uguu hair of his. I was like, "Well I'll be damned, he DID show up" and then I proceeded to want to pinch his cute wittle face.

I'm still hoping for SS Zelda as a costume ~

Also, anyone know what that weird spike pillar level is in this video? its like a minute in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ&feature=youtu.be

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
First it started with us seeing the symbol and getting hype.
Then we saw Animal crossing and we all thought it was just another animal Crossing game.
Then we saw the Nintendo characters and the hype rose back up.
Then comes the marvel at the graphics and people thinking Mario was Paper Mario at first.
Then we saw the Wii U version and the hype rose even higher.
Even more amazement by the visuals.
Then Bowser's Drop Kick :awesome:
Then we were all like villager really.
Thought we saw balloon fighter but realized later it wasn't.
Then disappointment because the trailer ended and only 1 character was revealed.
Then Challenger Approaching caused every everyone to go silent.
We saw the person the mountain.
Helmet came and on and chat exploded!:surprised:
Marveled at how he had all the Megaman poses.
Then saw metal blades and everyone was at their hypest.
Marveled at more of the abilities.
Speechlessness, OMG! and "Did that just happen?" everywhere.
I Cummed.....

SmurdeR

Smash Cadet
All these memories (even though I wasn't there)..I've watched all 3 E3 trailers like 10 times..the reactions just make me feel good lol, NOT TO MENTION THE HYPE. AUWYAGHE

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I love that Sakurai referenced MvC when talking about Mega Man's moveset.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To be honest when I the silhouette in front of then moon, I had some thoughts it was Lloyd Irving.

Don't ask...

Even I don't know why.

As for the trailer in general, the flaming Smash logo mad it obvious what I was watching but seeing the Animal Crossing town I was like "lol wut Animal Crosser confirmed!" Then I was awed by everything I saw and super hyped up seeing Mega Man (and I'm not a fan of his games.) I lost my **** and happy!

Then I saw a GoNintendo article showing a bad camera recording showing Wii Fit Trainer's Final Smash and I was like, "is someone pulling my leg?" But then I got my hype back when I got over her.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mega Man gets revealed and "OH MY GOD!!!" (And I'm not much of a Mega Man fan, having never played a Mega Man game to the end. :p)
I was really excited about Mega Man in SSB4... but what gave me goosebumps was seeing Robot Masters as part of Mega Man's moveset.

Based on the trailer, I think this might be Mega Man's moveset...

Mega Man 1
Mega Buster = neutral A, side A, aerial neutral A
Guts Man's Super Arm = grab/throw

Mega Man 2
Metal Man's Metal Blade = neutral B
Crash Man's Crash Bomber = side B
Wood Man's Leaf Shield = down B

It is not surprising that Mega Man's special moves are from the most popular Mega Man game of all time.

Mega Man 3
Slide = down A
Rush Coil = up B
Hard Man's Hard Knuckle = aerial down A (possibly a Meteor Smash?)
Top Man's Top Spin = running A
Spark Man's Spark Shock = Smash up A

Mega Man 4
Charged Mega Buster = Smash side A

Mega Man 6
Flame Man's Flame Blast = Smash down A

Mega Man 7
Slash Man's Slash Claw = aerial back A

Mega Man 8
Sword Man's Flame Sword = aerial forward A

I love that Mega Man's moveset are entirely based on Classic Mega Man series. This is Classic Mega Man after all. :awesome:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I was super excited when I saw Mega, even if I do enjoy the X series more. Classic Megaman needed this and it was a pleasant surprise to see 7 and 8 get a power each at the very least [I'm odd in how those are my 2 favorite classic style megaman games. I enjoy the others as well]

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I thought it was Shadow the Hedgehog.

I think someone already did that joke...

They don't even have the same body type... One's a little boy, and the other is an anorexic scene kid

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Well, "shoryuken" is in fact a common Japanese term for a reversal/uppercut. That in and of itself doesn't have to be a SF reference, even though it indirectly is.
True. I did forget that, I suppose since it was from a Capcom based character I instantly thought of Street Fighter first haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom