• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think I like Snake best out of all 3rd party characters so far.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
If they really want to change Luigi..they should give him some poltergust moves with some boos for some attacks....would be kinda cool.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
If they really want to change Luigi..they should give him some poltergust moves with some boos for some attacks....would be kinda cool.
I don't know about having Boos as a part of Luigi's moveset but why Boos aren't an Assist Trophy (that work identically to how they do in game, sneaking up in people facing the wrong way) is beyond me.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That new controller looks cool. Wish it was official. Am still hoping for something official. How did Brawl play with a Classic Controller? Never used one. Is it close to the NGC controller?
I attempted to play with it once but it was too small/awkwardly sized for my hands and ended up failing miserably. I guess it'd be find if you could get used to it, but I prefer the NGC controller.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I attempted to play with it once but it was too small/awkwardly sized for my hands and ended up failing miserably. I guess it'd be find if you could get used to it, but I prefer the NGC controller.
I tried it for a bit when brawl first came out and I actually liked it equally as much as the GC controller, but I switched back to the GC controller because it didn't have to have the Wii controller hanging out of it lol.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That new controller looks cool. Wish it was official. Am still hoping for something official. How did Brawl play with a Classic Controller? Never used one. Is it close to the NGC controller?
No... The sticks feel a bit too high, and you may need to do a bit of button re-mapping (which isn't that hard). The controller it's self feels awkward especially for those who are use to the GCN. I tried to make the jump to the Classic controller but couldn't do it.

I'm gonna try out the Wii U pro controller, the only thing i noticed is that the trigger buttons feel too spaced out, but the sticks feel perfect.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You guys know you can always make his grounded down b the spin dash and his aerial down b his bounce attack
Side B as the light speed dash
Keep Up B as is
And lower the start-up lag on the homing attack

Btw, that Lost Ending Neo looks fun as hell. I'm going to download that

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
A neat addition would be making sonic's over B a ring dash. Give it slight contol like lucario's up B to differentiate it from fox/falco's over B.

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
Since smash 4 is going to be coming out, I was shown by a friend this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...S520SG&linkCode=as2&tag=nintendoeverything-20

Now lets face it, everyone wants to use the gamecube controller for the next smash as the controller is just perfect. Do you people see this as being a legal thing in future tournaments regarding smash 4? (obviously the turbo aspect of it won't be allowed, but I mean in terms of the adapter itself). I only ask this since the wii u does not support the gamecube controller at all. Also in terms of connectivity how would this be do you think in a room full of these?

I personally hope Nintendo release one of these adapters mainly for legibility and reliability reasons, although from reviews this thing seems to do the job fine. Also based on the website design for smash bros 4 I have estimated that the character list will be between 42-49 (might seem odd that I am basing it off purely how the site is designed but it is legit reasoning).
Can you perhaps show some visuals for your reasoning on the 42-49 character limit?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Since smash 4 is going to be coming out, I was shown by a friend this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...S520SG&linkCode=as2&tag=nintendoeverything-20

Now lets face it, everyone wants to use the gamecube controller for the next smash as the controller is just perfect. Do you people see this as being a legal thing in future tournaments regarding smash 4? (obviously the turbo aspect of it won't be allowed, but I mean in terms of the adapter itself). I only ask this since the wii u does not support the gamecube controller at all. Also in terms of connectivity how would this be do you think in a room full of these?

I personally hope Nintendo release one of these adapters mainly for legibility and reliability reasons, although from reviews this thing seems to do the job fine. Also based on the website design for smash bros 4 I have estimated that the character list will be between 42-49 (might seem odd that I am basing it off purely how the site is designed but it is legit reasoning).
Nintendo can change the layout as needed. People need to stop thinking that the site layout means anything. You think Nintendo isn't aware that they might potentially spoil the final size of the character roster via the website?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
According to Sakurai he will be updating the official Smash Bros site every weekday during his lunch break. When he was updating the Dojo back in 2007, he was very consistent with the time that he did this. For most of the updates, he did them between 12PM and 3PM Japan Time. In order to help you guys figure out what time it will be when he updates in your respective state/country, here’s a helpful Time Table.​
“Japan Time”(12PM-3PM Monday through Friday)​
United States West Coast- (8PM-11PM Sunday through Thursday)​
United States Mountain, Western Canada- (9PM-12AM Sunday/Monday through Thursday/Friday)​
United States Midwest, Mexico, Central Canada, Central America- (10PM-1AM Sunday/Monday through Thursday/Friday)​
United States East Coast, Eastern Canada, Caribbean Islands, Brazil, Argentina- (11PM-2AM Sunday/Monday through Thursday/Friday)​
United Kingdom, Ireland, Portugal, Morocco- (4AM-7AM Monday through Friday)​
Spain, Germany, France, Austria, Netherlands, Poland, Italy, Hungary, Sweden, Switzerland, South Africa- (5AM-8AM Monday through Friday)​
Greece, Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey- (6AM- 9AM Monday through Friday)​
Russia- (7AM-10AM Monday through Friday)​
Pakistan- (8AM-11AM Monday through Friday)​
India, Sri Lanka, Nepal (9AM-12PM Monday through Friday)​
China, Hong Kong (11AM-2PM Monday through Friday)​
Australia West Coast(12PM-3PM Monday through Friday)​
Australia East Coast (1PM-4PM Monday through Friday)​
New Zealand (3PM-6PM Monday through Friday)​
Obviously this does not list every country in the world but you should have a general idea of when you'll see them based on this. Also keep in mind that there will be some nights/mornings where the updates will be significantly later for whatever reason so this time table is not absolute every update night.​

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
About the times, some countries use DST during summer, while Japan doesn't, so expect an hour shift once DST period ends.

Areas in blue have DST during summer.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
According to Sakurai he will be updating the official Smash Bros site every weekday during his lunch break. When he was updating the Dojo back in 2007, he was very consistent with the time that he did this. For most of the updates, he did them between 12PM and 3PM Japan Time. In order to help you guys figure out what time it will be when he updates in your respective state/country, here’s a helpful Time Table.​
I knew that since day one of the reveal. He said that on the Developer Direct video on the same day. He'll also post those images on the Super Smash Bros. Series Community on Miiverse (in the Director's Room to be exact.)​

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I knew that since day one of the reveal. He said that on the Developer Direct video on the same day. He'll also post those images on the Super Smash Bros. Series Community on Miiverse (in the Director's Room to be exact.)​
Right but a lot of people are still trying to figure out what time the updates will probably show up in their respective country/region which is why I made the time table.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I remember when I woke up back in the Dojo days and the first thing I did was checking the site (in Italy the updates always came in the morning)... It was great.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So Maybe he'll be revealing New Characters once a week or so :)
It might be awhile before such a thing happens. During Brawl they didn't reveal any other character (in this case Fox) until 6 months after the E3 reveal trailer. As much I'd love to see another reveal, I don't believe it will be soon.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I remember when I woke up back in the Dojo days and the first thing I did was checking the site (in Italy the updates always came in the morning)... It was great.
That pretty much the same thing for all of Europe.

I remember that before Brawl, I went to the school's library after the first class to check the Dojo. Usually, it was full of people and had to wait until I got home and that frustrated me. :p:laugh: Good times...

And now, 7 years later... Japan Time returns! :awesome:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Let's just wait a few months from now, then we'll start wonder about updates. It's too soon to think about any notable updates at this point and time. Japan Time is near, but it's not quite here yet.

I will however say that we will learn about a lot of new information during December/January once that 2014 sneak peek Nintendo Direct comes around.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I had a crazy dream last night about E3 2016 in regards to Sega showcasing what they have planned for the Wii U and next gen platforms. The trailer started out with Sonic getting a letter and saying "Time for some real fun" before running off. Other characters shown in CGI were Beat in Tokyo-To, AiAi on Monkey Island, Ulala in Space Channel 5, Gilius in Yuria, Akira Yuki in Japan, Vyse on his Delphinius, and NiGHTS in Nightopia. Basically it's eight of the veterans from the past Sega Superstars/Sonic & Sega All Stars games. Then Sonic enters a Smash-esque stage that takes pace in a city similar to the Race of Ages to square off against Ulala, NiGHTS, and AiAi. The gameplay was stunningly similar and fast paced as SSB4 as if Sega was actually paying attention for once. Other fights shown with the 8 characters took place in areas like Green Hill, Shibuya Central, Adder's Lair, the Delphinius, Monkey Target, Space Channel Station, Dream Valley, and a Virtua Fighter arena. Eggman also appears in one of the fights in what appears to be a Tron Bonne-esque version of his Black Walker from Sonic Colors. In another CGI scene, a pink kimono wearing swordswoman appears to attack Ulala, NiGHTS, AiAi, and Sonic. Newcomer: Sakura Shinguji She graceful shows off her deadly attacks in a Sakura Wars setting that's based on the original Sakura Wars. A blast of blue aura is shot at her and it game from none other than a silver haired woman of war. Newcomer: Selvaria Bles She continues to attack her potential rival with some of her famous attacks and weapons during gameplay. Another CGI scene shows both women being blasted and a red eyed robot shows up for vengeance. Newcomer: Vectorman He joins in on the fun and attacks with his various weapons and shows one transformation during gameplay. He is eventually attacked by a blue hat, that is revealed to be thrown by a redheaded funky thief. Newcomer: Phantom R He jumps down and attacks the newcomers with a few serious attacks and dance related attacks in a cocky manner. While all 12 characters are seen fighting in a new area based an ancient stadium, they noticed a twinkle in the sky. It is revealed to be a smiling yellow creature heading towards a Star Launcher Newcomer: Ristar He grabs on it and spins around it as the other fighters get cautious. He eventually launches himself at the fighters as the gasps at the sight. A laud crash can be heard and large masses of dirt clouds rises from the stadium. The logo "Sega Superstars Battle" appears at the end. Then, a new challenger appears. Sonic, Akira, Vyse, and Gilius are seen looking a mysterious woman standing on top of a building. Akira gets into his battle pose since he recognizes her and it is none other than a certain young blue konoichi. Newcomer: Kasumi The gameplay shows Kasumi defeating different characters in different locations using her physical attacks from the DOA games. The CGI shows her kneeling in pain and eventually gaining a blue aura to get back to her feet. She throws a series of shirukens at her foes, in return they dodge the stars. The trailer then shows of some abilities she gained in the Ninja Gaiden franchise. Back to the CGI she narrowly dodges Akira's Chouzan Hosui technique. She eventually jumps into the air to charge a large amount of chakra in her hands. Then she yell "Torn Sky Blast!" as she obliterates her enemies. The Sega Superstars Battle logo appears again the crowd in E3 goes wild. Several of the SUMO Digital employees appear to reveal what team they collaborated with for the project. Before I heard it, I was sadly awakened by a certain mutt licking my face. I'll never know what company they teamed up with, but at least I had a glimpse of their future project. Several fans heard an interview in the Summer of Sonic 2008 that they were interested in a fighter. But 5 years later, it never happened. I hope this happens for real, though they actually have put even more effort in this project than their past 3 projects and this upcoming Mario and Sonic related one. Making this game have a bigger budget than PSABR and teaming up with an experience developer company would be the only things to make this work. Just do it, damn it! DX

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Ok, so seeing as Bowser got a much needed back alinement, does anyone here want/think Yoshi will get something similar? i.e. Yoshi's story

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of smashbros.com does anyone else have problems trying to view that site on the Nintendo 3DS browser? When I go to that website it starts thinking then goes to a new page before anything shows up and then repeats indefinitely. The Wii U browser has zero problems with that site.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Let's just wait a few months from now, then we'll start wonder about updates. It's too soon to think about any notable updates at this point and time. Japan Time is near, but it's not quite here yet.

I will however say that we will learn about a lot of new information during December/January once that 2014 sneak peek Nintendo Direct comes around.
Well, Sakurai has stated he will start updating the website with daily pictures and posting stuff on Miiverse during his lunch break.

It has already been that way this week, so, yes, Japan Time is back already.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
“Japan Time”(12PM-3PM Monday through Friday)​
United States West Coast- (8PM-11PM Sunday through Thursday)​
United States Mountain, Western Canada- (9PM-12AM Sunday/Monday through Thursday/Friday)​
United States Midwest, Mexico, Central Canada, Central America- (10PM-1AM Sunday/Monday through Thursday/Friday)​
United States East Coast, Eastern Canada, Caribbean Islands, Brazil, Argentina- (11PM-2AM Sunday/Monday through Thursday/Friday)​
United Kingdom, Ireland, Portugal, Morocco- (4AM-7AM Monday through Friday)
Spain, Germany, France, Austria, Netherlands, Poland, Italy, Hungary, Sweden, Switzerland, South Africa- (5AM-8AM Monday through Friday)​
Greece, Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey- (6AM- 9AM Monday through Friday)​
Russia- (7AM-10AM Monday through Friday)​
Pakistan- (8AM-11AM Monday through Friday)​
India, Sri Lanka, Nepal (9AM-12PM Monday through Friday)​
China, Hong Kong (11AM-2PM Monday through Friday)​
Australia West Coast(12PM-3PM Monday through Friday)​
Australia East Coast (1PM-4PM Monday through Friday)​
New Zealand (3PM-6PM Monday through Friday)​
Obviously this does not list every country in the world but you should have a general idea of when you'll see them based on this. Also keep in mind that there will be some nights/mornings where the updates will be significantly later for whatever reason so this time table is not absolute every update night.​
Well, I'm guess I'm going to experience what people have been going through in the Brawl Dojo. :smirk:
This is gonna be painful

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, Sakurai has stated he will start updating the website with daily pictures and posting stuff on Miiverse during his lunch break.

It has already been that way this week, so, yes, Japan Time is back already.
I said NOTABLE updates, as in items, characters, stages, mechanics, have at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom