• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I said NOTABLE updates, as in items, characters, stages, mechanics, have at you.
I know. The more interesting updates will take some time, but anyway, the site is already being updated with pictures of the game.

While we won't have much info, pictures of the game is better than nothing and you know how hyped Smash Bros. games are.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
We have 28 weeks left until 2014.
We have 76 weeks until Dec 31, 1014.
Release date will be somewhere between these two extremes.

Now I have no clue as to how many characters he plans to include but lets go with the value 50.
50 - 12(revealed from trailer) = 38

38(1 week) = 38 weeks
38(2 weeks) = 76 weeks

With this in mind I think it's safe to say that "IF" Sakurai is uniform with his reveals that we'll most likely see 1 character reveal per week to week 1/2. Even if you go with numbers higher such as 55 or lower such as 45 they will still fall in line with this. Keep in mind that I say a character reveal and not a "new" character reveal. Also, these numbers are arbitrary at best because Sakurai may not reveal his characters in a uniform manner.

#bored

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
"I hate to break your hopes, but the guy behind Bayonetta said, in reply to this request for her to be in SBB...and I quote,
"**** off, Smash idiots."
>_>
So, yea, don't get your hopes up. ^_^;"

Frankly, since PG (Mostly Kamiya, Kamaya or however you spell his name) twitters are really, really pissy for some reason, I would definitely believe they said this.
I swore I saw somewhere that they said no to her in Smash already, so this might've been it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, it's also worth mentioning that hidden characters didn't get revealed on the dojo until after the Japanese release. Although I think it's a safe bet that well have an international release this time, but still that means I'd say at least ten characters (depending on how he wants to do hiddens) won't be known until release.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, it's also worth mentioning that hidden characters didn't get revealed on the dojo until after the Japanese release. Although I think it's a safe bet that well have an international release this time, but still that means I'd say at least ten characters (depending on how he wants to do hiddens) won't be known until release.
Besides the Ness, Jigglypuff, and Lucario leak. But I think Nintendo has learned from that mistake.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
"I hate to break your hopes, but the guy behind Bayonetta said, in reply to this request for her to be in SBB...and I quote,
"**** off, Smash idiots."
>_>
So, yea, don't get your hopes up. ^_^;"

Frankly, since PG (Mostly Kamiya, Kamaya or however you spell his name) twitters are really, really pissy for some reason, I would definitely believe they said this.
I swore I saw somewhere that they said no to her in Smash already, so this might've been it.
He just told them to stop bothering him about that. The whole thing was this to him:

Kamiya is very informal on Twitter so don't take it as any one way or the other.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think in fully convinced Mario is a furry after the Cat suit. It seems to be in a whole other league than the others for some reason. Also am I the only one that finds the idea of Cat Mario weird in general?
Yeah, the Cat is by far the weirdest power-up Mario has ever done. Sometimes I worry if Nintendo might be running out of things to make into power-ups (but only time will tell now).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That reminds me, why the heck hasn't Dorkly made any new videos? It's been months since their last video and they are great.
I think it's because he's busy with stuff related to Sonic for Hire. If I recall, the next season is going to be the last one. I presume after that is wrapped up, he'll go back to his typical stuff.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Something important to note though is that, aside from third party characters, Sakurai never reveals unlockable characters before the game's Japanese release unless you're suggesting that there will be 50 characters right off the bat.
50 total.
But now I'm curious. I looked at the release dates for brawl and melee there was a 5-6 month period(Japan to Europe) before everyone got a copy. It's usually a 1 month difference between Japanese and United States release dates. When Sakurai announced we'd get Smash4, was he talking about America or japanese release dates?

Also, Brawl's starting roster is 25 characters(21 roster spots) with 14 unlockable characters. It's pretty reasonable to assume we'll have around 30 as a starting roster from that. If there's only a 1 month difference between American release dates then that's going to be like 20 characters revealed in 1 month. o_O Correct me if I'm wrong.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
According to Sakurai he will be updating the official Smash Bros site every weekday during his lunch break. When he was updating the Dojo back in 2007, he was very consistent with the time that he did this. For most of the updates, he did them between 12PM and 3PM Japan Time. In order to help you guys figure out what time it will be when he updates in your respective state/country, here’s a helpful Time Table.​
“Japan Time”(12PM-3PM Monday through Friday)​
United States West Coast- (8PM-11PM Sunday through Thursday)​
United States Mountain, Western Canada- (9PM-12AM Sunday/Monday through Thursday/Friday)​
United States Midwest, Mexico, Central Canada, Central America- (10PM-1AM Sunday/Monday through Thursday/Friday)​
United States East Coast, Eastern Canada, Caribbean Islands, Brazil, Argentina- (11PM-2AM Sunday/Monday through Thursday/Friday)​
United Kingdom, Ireland, Portugal, Morocco- (4AM-7AM Monday through Friday)​
Spain, Germany, France, Austria, Netherlands, Poland, Italy, Hungary, Sweden, Switzerland, South Africa- (5AM-8AM Monday through Friday)​
Greece, Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey- (6AM- 9AM Monday through Friday)​
Russia- (7AM-10AM Monday through Friday)​
Pakistan- (8AM-11AM Monday through Friday)​
India, Sri Lanka, Nepal (9AM-12PM Monday through Friday)​
China, Hong Kong (11AM-2PM Monday through Friday)​
Australia West Coast(12PM-3PM Monday through Friday)​
Australia East Coast (1PM-4PM Monday through Friday)​
New Zealand (3PM-6PM Monday through Friday)​
Obviously this does not list every country in the world but you should have a general idea of when you'll see them based on this. Also keep in mind that there will be some nights/mornings where the updates will be significantly later for whatever reason so this time table is not absolute every update night.​

Since I'm in the US West Coast, there's likely to be a possible update around 8-11pm today (which is Sunday)? I just wanna clear it up. If so, then we got bot 8-11 hours to see.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
50 total.
But now I'm curious. I looked at the release dates for brawl and melee there was a 5-6 month period(Japan to Europe) before everyone got a copy. It's usually a 1 month difference between Japanese and United States release dates. When Sakurai announced we'd get Smash4, was he talking about America or japanese release dates?

Also, Brawl's starting roster is 25 characters(21 roster spots) with 14 unlockable characters. It's pretty reasonable to assume we'll have around 30 as a starting roster from that. If there's only a 1 month difference between American release dates then that's going to be like 20 characters revealed in 1 month. o_O Correct me if I'm wrong.
With Brawl, he showed all the unlockable characters on the website over the course of 3 months after the Japanese release.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I hope this time there isn't much of a big time period between each release. Waiting 6 extra months for Brawl wasn't pleasant.

Thankfully, I don't think such a thing will happen if we consider Sakurai's latest game, Kid Icarus: Uprising, which was released almost worldwide, having a day difference between Japan and America/Europe and a week difference between Japan and Australia.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
I hope this time there isn't much of a big time period between each release. Waiting 6 extra months for Brawl wasn't pleasant.

Thankfully, I don't think such a thing will happen if we consider Sakurai's latest game, Kid Icarus: Uprising, which was released almost worldwide, having a day difference between Japan and America/Europe and a week difference between Japan and Australia.

With Pokémon X&Y releasing worldwide this October, too, it does seem that Nintendo are being more engaged about these things. I didn't bother with the six month wait and got the Freeloader and a US copy of Brawl which was fine until they patched it. I never got around to rebuying a PAL version of Brawl, and half of that was because I would have to play through the game (Subspace -_-) again since my US data wouldn't have been read by the PAL disc.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With Pokémon X&Y releasing worldwide this October, too, it does seem that Nintendo are being more engaged about these things. I didn't bother with the six month wait and got the Freeloader and a US copy of Brawl which was fine until they patched it. I never got around to rebuying a PAL version of Brawl, and half of that was because I would have to play through the game (Subspace -_-) again since my US data wouldn't have been read by the PAL disc.
Yeah, Pokémon X/Y being released worldwide are also good news. Seems that Nintendo wants to globalize the release dates for their games.

With Smash Bros. being an insanely popular game, I highly doubt they would make people outside of Japan to wait.

I'm also willing to bet that this game will be advertised like KI:U and Fire Emblem: Awakening were.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
With Brawl, he showed all the unlockable characters on the website over the course of 3 months after the Japanese release.
So there were there updates after the american release dates then? That's still about a character a week though for that period.
3 months = 15 weeks for 14 characters

The remaining 8 months of updates = 40 weeks = 25 characters which is about 1 1/2 week per character

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Oh, this wait for Super Smash bro's 4 is eating away my patience...
When will they update their site!?! :cry:
I knoooow. But it's the weekend. Sakurai never updated the dojo on the weekends.. We gotta be patient. It's difficult I know, but somehow just have to wait :/

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also regarding to global releases, X is also slated for a 2014 release date for all major regions, a bit of a contrast from the precursor Xenoblade.

Between that, Pokemon X & Y getting a global release in October, EarthBound getting released on VC for all regions (including Europe for the first time), and the rumor of The Mysterious Murasame Castle getting it's first global release, it seems like there is going to be more of an effort to localize more games now and later. After waiting so long for stuff like Xenoblade, this is a positive thing.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Sakurai said he will update the site in his lunch break (so, something between midday and 3 PM Japan Time) from Monday to Friday.
It's a shame these "updates" are hardly updates. I certainly hope the Dojo comes back in full force at some point.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't think we're getting a DOJO, but once October hits, I won't care. Pokemon X & Y for dayyyyyyyyssss.

I'm really not happy to hear they're having difficulties with transferring Pokemon from the DS games to the 3DS. I need all my babies back with me on the most current game.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I don't think we're getting a DOJO, but once October hits, I won't care. Pokemon X & Y for dayyyyyyyyssss.

I'm really not happy to hear they're having difficulties with transferring Pokemon from the DS games to the 3DS. I need all my babies back with me on the most current game.
That's a shame to hear, that they are having difficulties :/, I'm sure they'll find a work around. So, how about that Fairy type eh? I think Jigglypuff may be getting some new tricks in smash 4. But I can't be sure on that

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I hope she does, and ofc I'm excited for Fairy type. I knew the rumor was true despite everyone over at /vp/ trying to say otherwise. And now, they're all crying. "MUH DRAGON TYPE".

Yep, your dragon type is weak against Jigglypuff. Suck it.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I hope she does, and ofc I'm excited for Fairy type. I knew the rumor was true despite everyone over at /vp/ trying to say otherwise. And now, they're all crying. "MUH DRAGON TYPE".

Yep, your dragon type is weak against Jigglypuff. Suck it.
Dragon needed something else to be weak to. In all honesty lol.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone know the link to where hackers noted that Brawl was utterly uncompressed (I know it was in All is Brawl)? I know that it is, but I don't want to go back to dig the old SSB Wii-U thread from late 2011/early 2012 to do so.
Now that is an epic theme. Makes a song that I normally don't care for fun to listen to.
Besides the Ness, Jigglypuff, and Lucario leak. But I think Nintendo has learned from that mistake.
With Pac-Man, Mii and Little Mac getting leak, I don't know about that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dragon needed something else to be weak to. In all honesty lol.
Well, you had Ice types already, but those are frail defensively due to their sheer amount of weaknesses.

Hmm... do you think Fairy-type will be weak to Poison? Poison-types are kind of useless offensively, beating Grass-types only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom