• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Yeah the fact he included Megaman (And many fan favourites in Brawl and Melee) should tell us that he does listen to the fans. I don't really get why some people keep insisting that he doesn't. :/
Because they are either mad or scared because of the chance that their favourites won't make it in. Hell it could even be both.

Diddy and Dixie likely won't team up. Cause they can't team up in DKCR: Tropical Freeze as far as I know. Which is a shame. So no, it'll likely not happen.
Why do people always use the recent games as an excuse for characters not being relevant or don't deserve to be included or restricting the abilities they were able to do before. Mind you I'm not a fan of pairing up Dixie & Diddy but this mindset is what I'll never understand.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
I don't know about you guys, but I would like Klonoa instead of Pacman...sorry there is just a cooler essence in Klonoa's design then Pacman in my opinion.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
For god's sake, you all can turn anything into a "Sakurai doesn't care about the fans" argument. He just included Villager and Mega Man. Get over yourselves.

If Dixie does get in, I'd love to see her as Diddy's partner a la Ice Climbers.
Whoa..don't get it twisted, I was never saying that Sakurai doesn't care about fans. I was saying that the Japanese fanbase seems to have more of an influence on who gets into the roster. Last time I checked it was a Japanese fan that recommended Dr. Mario for Melee, albeit i think it was as an ALT costume.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
When it comes to Namco reps... Well, I'm only really familiar with Pac-Man, and have been since I started gaming. I'm relatively familiar with choices like Lloyd or Klonoa, but nowhere NEAR as much as Pac-Man. So, in other words, Namco really has no clear choice from me, and I just... don't really care which makes the cut, if any. I'll probably enjoy the choice regardless.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Chrom's likely because of a stage? Must I point you to Brawl's Smashville or Hanenbow?

Fire Emblem already has characters since Melee, and a stage since Brawl however. Try again.

You guys know that the arena is a recurring place in Fire Emblem titles right?

Apperantly it's not just an area, it's looking very FE: Awakening-specific. Haven't played the game myself, but have seen an image comparision somewhere before and it looks spot-on.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You guys know that the arena is a recurring place in Fire Emblem titles right?
Took me a sec to realize what Arenas you were talking about. So I both agree and disagree. The recurring Arenas are rather generic, while Arena Ferox isn't. The only real specific area that has been recurring is the Dragon's Table from FE3/12 & 13.

Posting this just for comparison:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I don't know about you guys, but I would like Klonoa instead of Pacman...sorry there is just a cooler essence in Klonoa's design then Pacman in my opinion.

I do actually think that Klonoa's potential moves are more interesting than Pac-Man's. I played one of the Klonoa games for the Wii and really didn't enjoy it, but he does seem like he'd fit rather well (and hey, he's got Pac-Man sewn onto his cap, so it's sort of like getting both characters! ... right?)

Man, I might go and play through the old Mega Man games again... At least, MM2. I'm curious if they'll seem easier now or harder.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Apperantly it's not just an area, it's looking very FE: Awakening-specific. Haven't played the game myself, but have seen an image comparision somewhere before and it looks spot-on.
Sakurai mostly sticks with the aesthetics of the latest franchise installments so it would make sense to have an arena based on the one where [Awakening spoilers].

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I like both Klonoa and Pac-man so whoever gets in out of those two i'm fine with

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sakurai mostly sticks with the aesthetics of the latest franchise installments so it would make sense to have an arena based on the one where [Awakening spoilers].

Well, if the stages gave any hints, I think Little Mac and Chrom are just about the most likely newcomers around now.

And if they'd chose to get back Ike and Roy, which I hope. I do also hope they at least include stages from FE9 / FE10 and FE6. Of coarse an Akaneia stage from Marth's lore would also be needed.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Well, if the stages gave any hints, I think Little Mac and Chrom are just about the most likely newcomers around now.

And if they'd chose to get back Ike and Roy, which I hope. I do also hope they at least include stages from FE9 / FE10 and FE6. Of coarse an Akaneia stage from Marth's lore would also be needed.
If Roy returns I'd love a remix of "For the Commanders" from his game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Roy returns I'd love a remix of "For the Commanders" from his game.

Am mostly excited for Ike's return. And am hoping he's more based on Radiant Dawn this time. Meaning, he'd use the Urvan in some of his moves. And be a little heavier. Am also hoping they make Aether close to as useful as it is in the game he's from. And for aestics, Eruption should be with blue flames. Or be replaced with his sword laser beam attack that, or he could just thorw the damn thing like everyone does in Fire Emblem Awakening :rolleyes:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Am mostly excited for Ike's return. And am hoping he's more based on Radiant Dawn this time. Meaning, he'd use the Urvan in some of his moves. And be a little heavier. Am also hoping they make Aether close to as useful as it is in the game he's from. And for aestics, Eruption should be with blue flames. Or be replaced with his sword laser beam attack that, or he could just thorw the damn thing like everyone does in Fire Emblem Awakening :rolleyes:
Ike having a beam from Ragnell would be pretty cool. Or at least as you said, blue flames to accurately mirror the final attack in Radiant Dawn :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I agree. With that SAID, I do think we're going to get:

Pac-Man
Little Mac
Miis
Dixie Kong
Mewtwo
Chrom

Everything else though, is up in the air for me.

Exactly how I feel.
Good list of plausible newcomers.

Pac-Man, because Namco is helping Sakurai develop/balance SSB4 and he's the mascot of Namco, he is very iconic (something Sakurai looks for in third party characters) with a history with Nintendo
Little Mac, because of the boxing ring stage and Nintendo seems to be promoting the Punch-Out!! series lately (Wii game, first non-Ambassador NES game, one of the Wii U Virtual Console games for 30 cents)
Mii - do I need to explain?
Dixie Kong - because Sakurai considered her for Brawl (just like he did for Villager) and she's back in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Mewtwo - because of fan demand and Mewtwo is sorta back in Pokémon X & Y with a new forme
Chrom - because Fire Emblem: Awakening is selling like hotcakes and he's the actual protagonist of that game, not Roy, not Marth, not Ike, not Lyn (they are all DLC - meaning they are optional)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Now, time for the real question: Is slipping FINALLY gone for good? Or are they hiding something... :evil:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Now, time for the real question: Is slipping FINALLY gone for good? Or are they hiding something... :evil:
You mean tripping? Sakurai said that's not happening (but was he talking about random tripping, forced tripping, or both of it is unclear.)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Not Smash but worth saying:

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205435

I need to lay down for this.
I agree and disagree. Nintendo is messing up, but they shouldn't do 3rd party or do this Freemium buisness model like this guy is suggesting.
They need to stop dishing out the same franchises and if they do decide to make titles in the same franchise they need to stop playing it safe with these titles.

But I am hopeful Nintendo will start putting out new stuff seeing how they are releasing Mario Kart, 3D Mario & 2D Mario so early in the consoles life cycle. They usually put out one of these titles (Except Wii with Galaxy 2) per console; with them playing their Mario cards so early makes me hopeful that they will spend the rest of the cycle bringing back other classic franchises or making new IPs.

I think Nintendo (well ALL companies really) is at their best when they have something to prove.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The frustrating thing is that he seems to cater more towards the Japanese crowd, leaving out us European/American/Austrailian guys/gals.
While they get their characters that only they are familiar with like Marth (Which is understandable) and Lucas, we are left to take whatever he gives us...

Last time I checked Ridley & King K. Rool aren't so popular with the majority of the Japanese Nintendo fans...

Am honestly not really sure if we should expect Ridley and K.Rool either at this point. I mean, they're both popular characters, but still: western popular characters. Only thing so far that might work in their favour is DK, Samus and Bowser's early reveals. As it's likely K.Rool would either face of against DK and / or Bowser. And Ridley also face of against Samus, and / or Bowser. Am bracing myself for severe dissapointments. Even though King K.Rool is totally my most wanted newcomer. And well, I'd kinda feel sorry for the Ridley fanbase and mostly Chrono if Ridley not made it in.

Then again, it's best to stay optimistic.

What I think we'll get for newcomers:

Little Mac
Palutena
Dixie Kong
Toad
Chrom
Takamaru
Isaac

And Mewtwo will probably return.

Maybe Impa will also replace Sheik as a standalone character. Do not see them shrinking the Zelda roster if Toon Link is actually gone so... It's a sollution.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If Little Mac is in the game, he might as well be revealed tonight so I could count my losses and look forward to the next reveal.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why do people always use the recent games as an excuse for characters not being relevant or don't deserve to be included or restricting the abilities they were able to do before. Mind you I'm not a fan of pairing up Dixie & Diddy but this mindset is what I'll never understand.
I think it was just something many of us noticed with the Brawl newcomers.

Meta Knight - started getting playable roles in Kirby games, starting (I believe) with Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Pit - NES Kid Icarus for the GBA in Japan
Zero Suit Samus - Metroid: Zero Mission
Wario - got a new WarioWare series
Snake - got added as a favor to Sakurai's friend's son
Ike - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Pokémon Trainer Red - Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen
Diddy Kong - started appearing in Mario sports/party spin-off games while the Donkey Kong Country series was dormant
Sonic - insane fan demand in addition to Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Lucas - Mother 3 (was also planned in Melee)
King Dedede - more Sakurai bias towards his own characters :troll: no, seriously, King Dedede was always the main antagonist of Kirby series
Olimar - new major first-party IP, Pikmin, Pikmin 2
Lucario - Pokémon Diamond & Pearl (and the movie)
R.O.B. - Mario Kart DS
Toon Link - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Wolf - more Sakurai bias towards Star Fox 64

Notice that most of the newcomers were relevant in post-Melee/pre-Brawl games.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I am really expecting a newcomer for Mario, Zelda and DKC mostly out of all old and well established series. They are the current best selling and most running and evolved series of all. It only seems logical for me they'll get newcomers.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Am honestly not really sure if we should expect Ridley and K.Rool either at this point. I mean, they're both popular characters, but still: western popular characters. Only thing so far that might work in their favour is DK, Samus and Bowser's early reveals. As it's likely K.Rool would either face of against DK and / or Bowser. And Ridley also face of against Samus, and / or Bowser. Am bracing myself for severe dissapointments. Even though King K.Rool is totally my most wanted newcomer. And well, I'd kinda feel sorry for the Ridley fanbase and mostly Chrono if Ridley not made it in.

Then again, it's best to stay optimistic.

What I think we'll get for newcomers:

Little Mac
Palutena
Dixie Kong
Toad
Chrom
Takamaru
Isaac

And Mewtwo will probably return.

Maybe Impa will also replace Sheik as a standalone character. Do not see them shrinking the Zelda roster if Toon Link is actually gone so... It's a sollution.

I'm worried too about those 2 reptiles. It's bad enough that King Rool has been neglected from the DKC games.
But out of the 2 I think Ridley has the better chance of making it in.

Wouldn't be Classic Diddy without slipping Impa in there. :laugh:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Maybe Impa will also replace Sheik as a standalone character.

I'm not sure about Impa. It would make a lot of sense, but wouldn't that also make Zelda harder to play as?

EDIT: I'm new. I just learned about Diddy's thoughts about Impa. Don't kill me yet. I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE! :sadeyes: :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not sure about Impa. It would make a lot of sense, but wouldn't that also make Zelda harder to play as?

Why? They should just actually buff Zelda, and not make her depandant on Sheik.

Cool that you think it makes a lot of sence though. Most people here are in hard denial don't agree with us on this. :smirk:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
@ Tripping Topic:
I do think tripping will be in there, but limited to Diddy's bananas and possibly certain down-tilts.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Seeing as Link kept his Brawl look, I suspect the same will happen to the other Zelda characters, meaning they keep their Brawl looks, but have the color scheme changed to fit the new art style.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
That would mean that Megaman a 3rd party char would be the most popular newcomer by far out ofall the new chars....that woukd be ****ed...i have a feeling its gonna be that way though....

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Seeing as Link kept his Brawl look, I suspect the same will happen to the other Zelda characters, meaning they keep their Brawl looks, but have the color scheme changed to fit the new art style.
I'm thinking this as well. Unless they really want to show off how Zelda looks in the new Wii U Zelda whenever that gets shown.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I haven't heard more conflicted reasoning than "Dixie will totally be in because she's in TF, but be paired with Diddy because of DKC2" since...that guy who said Samus' canon power can be shown through her Final Smash, but not Ridley's...just a few hours ago.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Veteran Franchises
Mario series - Toad
Donkey Kong series - Dixie Kong
Zelda series - Impa
Metroid series - Ridley
Kirby series - Waddle Dee
Pokémon series - Mewtwo (new forme, sorry genwunners)
Fire Emblem series - Chrom
Kid Icarus series - Palutena

Newcomer Franchises
Animal Crossing series - Villager
Mega Man series - Mega Man
Murasame Castle series - Takamaru
Pac-Man series - Pac-Man
Punch-Out!! series - Little Mac
Wii Fit series - Wii Fit Trainer
Wii Sports series - Mii

I feel this is possibly a semi- to very realistic pool of newcomers.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If Ice Climbers alone are giving the 3DS version a hard time, I am very skeptical of seeing a Dixie & Diddy team.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Why? They should just actually buff Zelda, and not make her depandant on Sheik.

Cool that you think it makes a lot of sence though. Most people here are in hard denial don't agree with us on this. :smirk:

Thanks! They probably should buff up Zelda and give Impa Sheik's moveset. On a completely different topic,

1. What would Zelda's and Impa's Down Bs be if they performed the switcheroo?

2. REALLY off topic, but would Simon Belmont's whip work like Sheik/ Impa's if he ever gets in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom