• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not going to get another DS until I see if they release a really cool design.

I'm kind of hoping for an NES themed 3DSXL. But I don't think they'll repeat that after the NES themed GBA. It was actually relevant then because the released of the NES games on it

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My wishlist is pretty big too (30 Nintendo characters and 4 3rd party characters). But I have zero expectation that even half will all make it in (and most characters from #21-30 aren't really realistic). I go by this: the closer to #1 a revealed character is on my list more of the my list gets added, the happier I'll be.

So here is my wishlist (from most wanted to least wanted):

Nintendo Characters
01) Balloon Fighter
02) Little Mac
03) Mii
04) King K. Rool
05) Dixie Kong
06) Magnus
07) Dillon
08) Hammer Bro.
09) Waluigi
10) Ray MK III
11) Saki Amamiya
12) Mach Rider
13) Young Cricket
14) Ghirahim
15) Isaac
16) Samurai Goroh
17) Black Shadow
18) Starfy
19) Takamaru
20) Krystal
21) Urban Champion
22) Animal Crosser
23) Ashley
24) Lip
25) Sukapon
26) Captain Syrup
27) Bowser Jr.
28) Funky Kong
29) Tom Nook
30) Smeargle (might take him off very soon)

3rd Party Characters
Mega Man
Black Mage
Pac-Man
Rayman

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Again, I just want to see Super Smash Bros. just so we can finally clarify vague hints and disprove rumors. As for me and E3, give us more information Bayonetta 2 and X.
Xeno_____ is definitely something I'm excited to see more information about. Is it tied to Xenoblade or not?

I really can't believe we are only 1.5 months away from a Smash 4 unveil. Literally just six weeks away from an unveil.
Yep. June 11th, possibly sooner. But we'll probably see trailers for Mario Kart and Super Mario Bros first.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I had a stage idea for Pokémon Stadium 3 and what types would it feature. (In my opinion, I think a Pokémon Stadium stage is a Smash Bros. classic, considering that both Melee and Brawl have one and how Melee's Stadium appears in Brawl too.)

The standard layout would be the same as always. I don't think I need to explain, now do I?

The first type would be Poison, featuring the Pokémon Weezing, Arbok, Trubbish and Croagunk. (Bonus points for the one who gets why I chose the first two!)
The stage would transform into a swamp, with greenish water (spawning a purple gas from it) and dead trees. It would have some wooden platforms and a puddle of that purplish, greenish water. A character standing on the water would start accumulating damage over time, similarly to having a flower on the head, except the rate would be slightly slower, perhaps 1-2% per second would be fine. Characters on the water have a purple smoke effect around them to note that they're stepping on the poisonous water.

The second type would be Psychic, the stage transforming into a flat stage with semi-transparent cubes scattered through the background and foreground, some of them floating around the background of the stage. This one would feature mind games like invisible platforms or fake platforms that were nothing but illusions. Players with sharp eye could distinguish fake platforms from real ones as well as see the invisible platforms.
Guest Pokémon would be Alakazam, Musharna and Bronzor.

The third type is Ghost, which the stage turns into a graveyard with tombstones on the background, three coffins on the stage itself, will-o'-the-wisps floating around the stage and dead trees. The Pokémon featured would be Litwick (several who would appear as candles scattered through the stage), Haunter, Misdreavus and a new Ghost Pokémon from Gen VI. One of the three coffins would randomly be a Cofa grius instead, who would reveal its face from time to time, but otherwise behave like the other coffins. The obstacle here would be the coffins that sometime would float around, carrying whoever standing in them through random paths on the air.

Last, but not least, Fighting type. The stage would transform into a dojo, with a boxing punchbag hanging from the only extra platform on the stage. Hitting the punchbag would make rock back and forth, hitting other players with damage and knockback depending on how strong was the attack used to hit it. Guest Pokémon would be Machamp, Meditite (in his usual meditating pose), Tyrogue and a new Fighting type from Gen VI.
As an easter egg, the Tyrogue would be practicing against another punchbag in the background and would randomly defend or counter it. After a while, depending on the times defended or countered, Tyrogue would evolve to Hitmonlee (more hits countered than defended), Hitmonchan (more hits defended than countered) or Hitmontop (equal number) shortly before the stage transformation's end and would remain on its evolution whenever the stage would return to this type again.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It seems like when it comes to characters, people have a different prospective of desires and expectations. Because no desires are the same, there's a distinction between each individual at the cost of no unity. The desires in particular are influenced by the individual's taste, whether it's because of personal connection, cosmetic appeal, or gameplay potential. For example, Manly likes women, Starphoenix like cute things, Horsetail likes the underdogs, and I like historical or cultural things.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Can't really put myself into any one category for how I select characters that I like. Honestly the only thing I'm sure about these days are the characters/ideas that I dislike.

Such as Mach Rider since she's from the dystopian future history.
How can something be history, if it hasn't happened yet? myheadhurts...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
For me its a combination of personal history and importance to their series I think that's the primary reason why there are so few characters left not yet included that I really want in.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Habanero: Well you couldn't put it any better way... but man, since there's millions of people out there with their own tastes and so on. Made me think that Sakurai would just put most requested characters with some of his own favourites as unexpected fellows and call it a day for newcomers. It's gonna be hard satisfying any of us, and then all other people beyond...

Frost: I'd love to see that appearing out. There's still plenty of other types left even after this one, but this sounds something I'd love to see being done the most (until I hear better ideas.)

About the Ghost-stage, maybe there should be few furniture that float up like they're possessed by mean spirits of underworld and try to hit the players, but should they avoid them, they can pick it up and throw them at others. They move predictably though.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Vintage, will they have a Demo of Smash 4 set up? I assumed it would just be a trailer and it sounds like we will get the trailer before E3 now as you stated.

As for my free time, I recently got Age of Empires online off Ebay and have been playing it lately. Also went back and played some Mario Soccer. Also weather is getting nice (sometimes) so playing golf, running, hiking, etc. Really not thinking about Smash 4 a lot actually other than when I am bored at work and get on here during lunch, breaks, etc.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pretty much what Chrono said.

I also support characters if I think they look cool, which is why I support Shulk.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Frost: I'd love to see that appearing out. There's still plenty of other types left even after this one, but this sounds something I'd love to see being done the most (until I hear better ideas.)

About the Ghost-stage, maybe there should be few furniture that float up like they're possessed by mean spirits of underworld and try to hit the players, but should they avoid them, they can pick it up and throw them at others. They move predictably though.
Those would be Dark, Bug, Steel and Dragon.

Funny, since there are 17 types, but all Stadiums feature normal, leaving 16 types, which is a number divisible by 4, resulting in 4 types for 4 different stadiums.

I envision the Dark-type as a dark looking forest with black fog that obscured the view, making it difficult (but not impossible) to see wherever the characters were. Could feature Zoroark for illusions similar to my Psychic type transformation ideas, as well as other Dark-types like Umbreon, Shiftry and Bisharp.
Other idea could be a stage with invisible traps, as Dark-types are known for their trickery.

The Steel-type could be themed on a factory, featuring gears that had four platforms attached and would rotate depending on the character's weight and such. (Remember those sets of four platforms from the Mario games that you had to use your weight to move forward? Same idea.)
Some Pokémon featured would be Klink and its evolutions as part of the whole gear mechanism, as well as other Steel-types like Steelix, Mawile and Aggron.

Bug would also be forest themed, featuring trees and grassy floor. On the trees there would be some beehives, where honey could fall to the floor, becoming sticky and hard to move around. Between two trees, Spinarak or Joltik could make spiderwebs or electrowebs. The first would act as a bouncy platform that, if landed too much times, it would break. The other would be electrified and damage players who come on contact with it and, like normal webs, would end up being destroyed upon being in contact for too many times. Other featured Pokémon would be Combee and Beedril, obviously, as well as Butterfree, Venomoth and Volcarona, flying around the stage.

The Dragon type would be ruins themed, having several broken columns and featuring a large statue of a (rather generic looking) European dragon whose hands served as platforms. Several smaller Asian dragon statues would be facing the big statue. Sometimes, the big statue opens its mouth to breathe fire, damaging players who come in contact with it. Pokémon featured would be Dratini (in a small pond of water), Hydreigon (flying around the stage), Gabite and Druddigon.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm bad at translating but the part in parenthesis says it's not related to Smash 4's development.
HE'S JUST TROLLING/MISLEADING US

This is totally gameplay footage! Smash 4 will cut the fat and lame extra content and give us what we really want: a figurine gallery simulator.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That picture actually looks awesome. Totally looks like an all-out clash between the action figures. Still needs something less specific.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That picture actually looks awesome. Totally looks like an all-out clash between the action figures. Still needs something less specific.
I would not be surprised if Smash 4 has an EX character concept (basically two very similar characters sharing the same spot). Some top priorities for this concept I think would be Dr. Mario (Mario), Dark Pit (Pit), and Lucina (Marth).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He's going back to the first game where they were toys, brought to life by master hand to fight for his amusement

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They have a Blastoise in that line. But they are expensive as hell!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Calling it now Pitto will have a Wolf-a-fied moveset to Pit.

Spoilers: This is all in game screens. SSB4 will be using Nintendo's new stop motion engine.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want all those figurines!

I wonder... Has smash bros ever gotten any toys?

I feel like selling trophies of playable characters would make a good amount of money.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

I feel like selling trophies of playable characters would make a good amount of money.
IDK...I feel like a Smash specific set of figurines might be redundant. Except maybe for stuff like Giga Bowser, Sandbag, and Master/Crazy Hand.

D

Deleted member

I have this hunch that after Skylanders and it's multiple sequels, Disney Infinity, and now Pokémon Rumble Wii U, Smash is going to pull a similar thing.

That whole idea about leveling characters up on the 3DS and transferring them to the Wii U that was hinted at quite a while ago? Yeah....

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
IDK...I feel like a Smash specific set of figurines might be redundant. Except maybe for stuff like Giga Bowser, Sandbag, and Master/Crazy Hand.
Eh. I still want my own trophies of all of the playable characters.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I would not be surprised if Smash 4 has an EX character concept (basically two very similar characters sharing the same spot). Some top priorities for this concept I think would be Dr. Mario (Mario), Dark Pit (Pit), and Lucina (Marth).
This would please a lot of people, me included.

Street Fighter has done this before with Ryu/Evil Ryu, for example, so why wouldn't Smash feature something similar?

[collapse="NSAF"]

[/collapse]
Needs more of this, amirite?
Yep. :awesome:

Me too. Samus, Pit, Link, Dark Pit and Charizard all look awesome. :awesome:

Smash Bros. figurines... Take my money! All of it, Nintendo! All of my €€€!

Oh, and Masked Marth is getting a figurine too, from the same manufacturers of those Pit, Samus, Link and Dark Pit figures.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I have this hunch that after Skylanders and it's multiple sequels, Disney Infinity, and now Pokémon Rumble Wii U, Smash is going to pull a similar thing.

That whole idea about leveling characters up on the 3DS and transferring them to the Wii U that was hinted at quite a while ago? Yeah....
Oh god, I hope not.

So is Tharja. :troll:
Thajra confirmed for Br4wl. :troll:

Is it that one with the books and her showing off her "boingy bits?"

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Know what Smash needs? Every matchup should be a thrilling as Marth vs Captain Falcon in Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom