• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I want all those figurines!

I wonder... Has smash bros ever gotten any toys?

I feel like selling trophies of playable characters would make a good amount of money.
All I'm aware of is a diecast car by Team Lightning for the first game:

Chances are that car is probably super rare and expensive now.

D

Deleted member

We found our WTF fighter. :troll:
Remember Hornet from Fighters Megamix? This is the Smash counterpart.

EDIT: Alt color:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Was waiting for someone to post this. I like how everyone over-reacts to that pic despite it directly saying it has no relation to the game he's currently developing.

Anyway I do remember seeing advertisements for those Pit/Dark Pit figures. Didn't know there was one for Charizard, although I did see ones for Blastoise and Mewtwo so I guess that makes sense. Would definitely buy if made available in the US and if I had the money.

EDIT: Guess they did make one for Charizard, found it and Mewtwo for sale on Amazon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is also a venusaur figure.

WAY too expensive to get all of them. I might get Blastoise first and get the rest over time. Only problem I see with that is the price raising over time

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Tharja confirmed for Smash.

But hey, I wonder if they actually go revisit the whole "trophy"-concept from last games and evolve it now further? As in we have to train our own trophies?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Each figure costs around 25-35€ (more or less the same in US$) from what I checked. A figurine collection is something expensive. Second hand figures cost much more.

I remember long ago of a Dark Link figure advertised in a Portuguese gaming magazine that almost cost 200€. Insane cost, but the figure looked totally amazing.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Actually Habanero likes cool and spicy things, like Dillon. :cool:
There's a reason why Dillon, Takamaru, and Palutena are in the top three. Again, the cultural/historical theming I mentioned. It's worth noting that in a similar vein it's one of the reasons why I like stuff like Marth and Pit. However, I do admit that fire is also appealing, which is why Captain Falcon and Mario are also favorites. With both factors, you'd think Roy would be the perfect compliment character, but that's not the case.

However, "cool" and "spicy" seems contradicting...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have no idea what any amount of Euros means, all I know is I can only find them from $50-80. With tax, the cheapest I can find them is $70

I would get all the figures if they were selling at $25

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Math is too much work
Seeing as 1€ equals to $1.31, all you have to do is multiply or divide the price for that number, depending on whether you're converting from € to $ or from $ to €. It's not hard. A calculator also helps, you know.

Keep a chilly pepper in the refrigerator for a while and then take a bite. You'll get what I mean. ;)
Cold curry. 'Nuff said.

Hot =/= spicy. Everyone knows that.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sakurai's tweet is actually kinda cute, fi you ask me. It's a lot like what SSB is meant to be at the first place. (->v<-)

Also I gave a try to Tales of VS (using Android) and I'm now more getting hooked on seeing Lloyd in Smash. He'd fit in perfectly. Tales of VS again would make a great fighting game if not for some flaws about the AI and some other things. But the Linear Motion Battle System is literally perfect for 2D Fighter similar to Smash.

Now I just wish they'd mix LMBS with Smash Bros's knockback percent mechanics and we'd have what I'd essentially call a best potential engine for a Smash Bros RPG-game. (With some additions and tweaks to add to it, perhaps?)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just remembered of another merchandise: Super Smash Bros. Melee Battle Cards that came from Nintendo Official Magazine.

I bought my own box of these cards years ago. I almost decided to sell them since I have no clue how to play the game (it came with absolutely no instructions) but I decided to keep them.

And another Smash item is the music CD Super Smash Bros. Melee "Smashing... Live!" but I think everyone is aware of that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I bought my own box of these cards years ago. I almost decided to sell them since I have no clue how to play the game (it came with absolutely no instructions) but I decided to keep them.
You are a sane person. I congratulate you for that.

Anyhoo, the characters I like are all badass. Badassery is the most important quality in a character, there's no denying that.

D

Deleted member

Just remembered of another merchandise: Super Smash Bros. Melee Battle Cards that came from Nintendo Official Magazine.

And another Smash item is the music CD Super Smash Bros. Melee "Smashing... Live!" but I think everyone is aware of that.
According to someone who has the set, the official website for Melee had these instructions:
Each player selects five cards from the character select pile.
Place them face down in front of you.
Next each player randomly chooses one of their cards and places it in the middle.
Turn over one of the Stage cards to see which stage you'll be playing on.
Each player says the number of the move they'd like to play. The numbers one to three relate to a move on the character card.
Turn both character cards over and check which move you've chosen.
Up moves beat down moves, down moves beat left/right moves and left/right moves beat up moves.
However if the stage matches one of your characters, that character automatically wins the round. Regardless of what move they performed.
The winner
is the player who gets the most cards after five rounds. If the round is tied, the cards carry over to the next game.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
According to someone who has the set, the official website for Melee had these instructions:
Each player selects five cards from the character select pile.
Place them face down in front of you.
Next each player randomly chooses one of their cards and places it in the middle.
Turn over one of the Stage cards to see which stage you'll be playing on.
Each player says the number of the move they'd like to play. The numbers one to three relate to a move on the character card.
Turn both character cards over and check which move you've chosen.
Up moves beat down moves, down moves beat left/right moves and left/right moves beat up moves.
However if the stage matches one of your characters, that character automatically wins the round. Regardless of what move they performed.
The winner is the player who gets the most cards after five rounds. If the round is tied, the cards carry over to the next game.
Thanks! Now I can play this game with my buddies.

D

Deleted member

No problem.

Though now I wish I had a set of my own....
I wonder if anyone is selling on Amazon.....

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
A figurine gallery simulator.
I actually wouldn't mind this, that way I could pose Marth and Zelda. . . I mean, uh, make incredibly and needlessly complex and cool pictures based on optical illusion due to cool zooming technique and effects attached to figurines.

I almost feel like nothing is out of Nintendo's reach, they could do anything, Sakurai did say he wanted to change things up, and I can't wait for the exorbitant amounts of characters and other awesome features. EXORBITANT AMOUNTS OF AWESOME.

D

Deleted member

Other option: Don't bother doing anything.

It's not like I have to get the cards.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
~Elibian Niiiiiiiii-ights, 'neath Elibian Moooooons, a fool off his guard could fall and fall hard, out there on the dooooooons...~

It just felt like an Aladdin-type day...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And? Did u rike it? Are you looking forward to the "creative liberties?"
Yes... I loved it. :awesome: My favourite is Lord Pent's story. The difficulty was a bit high though.

forgive my ignorance, but what "creative liberties"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom