• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, I don't find that a problem, especially if you didn't get everything. Each day in the original is 13-14 minutes long, and you have a maximum of 30 days. That means the game, at it's longest, is only about 5-6 hours if you take all 30 days. 15 hours is definitely long enough, especially since you didn't get everything, meaning there's still more game time to be had.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
If there's no current topic...

TOPIC STARTING POWERS ACTIVATE!

Stage ideas, GO!
Metal Gear stage, in case Solid Snake returns. Yeeeeah boi.

Tselinoyarsk Mountains:
Groznyj Grad

Since Brawl had a stage from one of Solid Snake's games (MGS1), I thought this new stage should be from one of Big Boss' games since he's been in the spotlight for several games now since MGS4 and Solid Snake's story appeared to have ended.

The best choice (obviously) seems to be something from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, since this is currently the first game in the (in-game) timeline and the first game where Big Boss is the protagonist. And, uh, there's also the "recency" thing with the 3DS port, if that helps.

Groznyl Grad, Russian for "Terrible Fortress".
This is the site where the penultimate battles of MGS3 took place and where Big Boss - then known as "Naked Snake" - took down Volgin and the Shagohod before escaping with EVA to complete his final objective: to kill his beloved mentor, "The Boss".

The stage would integrate SSB's fighting gameplay with Metal Gear's stealth gameplay.

Not exactly sure where you would fight in the area. The runway? in front of the hangars? the rail bridge? Maybe it would be a moving stage that takes you to all of the above?

Either way, there'd be things behind the characters (on the Y axis) that you could hide behind.
The stage would be much more actiony than Shadow Moses, and being spotted by searchlights or helicopters would cause the fighters to be attacked by forces and receive a lot of damage.

If all the fighters hide for a while, the attackers go from "Alert Mode" to "Caution Mode", and eventually call off the search like in the original games, returning the fight to normal. I guess there could even be a timer on the screen that counts down how long it will take for them to stop searching.

There'd not only be hazards and elements from Snake Eater attacking you, but there'd also be elements from Portable Ops, Peace Walker, and maybe even Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain., making this stage represent Big Boss's games in general, I guess.

I'd like codec calls from The Boss, EVA, Dr. Clark/Paramedic, Major Zero, and possibly even young Ocelot as they appeared in the 60s, but I don't know how that would really work out. Solid Snake has the face of Big Boss/Naked Snake in SSBB, and shares his voice, so I guess it could make for funny conversations were the callers mistake Snake for Big Boss.

----
Some music tracks that I'd like:

-Metal Gear Alert Medley
A mix of snippets from various alert and caution themes from the series done in the style and by the composer(s) of the tracks from MGS2 and MGS3; examples include Battle in the Jungle from MGS3, RED ALERT from Metal Gear (MSX), the Alert theme for the Tanker chapter in MGS2, and the Alert theme for Arsenal Gear in MGS2.

-MGS3: Main Theme
-MGS3: Taking on the Shagohod
-MGS Peace Walker: Main Theme
-A mix of Takedown and Peace Waker, both from MGS Peace Waker
-MGS4: Old Snake
-MGS Peace Waker: Heaven's Divide
-MGS Peace Waker: Koi No Yokushiryoku (Love Deterrence)

-MGS The Phantom Pain: Sins of the Father

Maybe the other MGS main theme versions, and some stuff from non canon games like Acid and Ghost Babel.

----
Oh, off-topic, but I found some goatse while Googling for the pic: (should I delete this? Not sure if it's appropriate)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well, I don't find that a problem, especially if you didn't get everything. Each day in the original is 13-14 minutes long, and you have a maximum of 30 days. That means the game, at it's longest, is only about 5-6 hours if you take all 30 days. 15 hours is definitely long enough, especially since you didn't get everything, meaning there's still more game time to be had.
This one isn't 30 days, I went to about 36 I think, it depends on how much fruit you get. As you collect fruit you fill up containers with juice, one bottle = one day, and I even had well over 20 bottles left by the time I beat the game. I can't seem to start over though, and I really want to try 100%ing it...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
This one isn't 30 days, I went to about 36 I think, it depends on how much fruit you get. As you collect fruit you fill up containers with juice, one bottle = one day, and I even had well over 20 bottles left by the time I beat the game. I can't seem to start over though, and I really want to try 100%ing it...
Now I'm just plain confused about why Alph goes to Distant Planet in the first place. This deadly adventure full of perils and suffering is for juice?

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Good to know you've arrived. :grin:

Hope you enjoy it aside from the weather.
Thanks man, appreciate it. I go to France every summer, therefore I lack activities because I tried most of it. Still searching for a Smash community here to play with :grin:, hopefully I'll enjoy it with or without the community.
How hot is it up there? Last I checked down where I'm at it was about 106F out.
It was around 35 degrees C at 3pm. Did you check the weather via internet or are you actually in France?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Now I'm just plain confused about why Alph goes to Distant Planet in the first place. This deadly adventure full of perils and suffering is for juice?
[collapse=SPOILERS]Galactic date: 20XX.
At the far reaches of space lies a planet on the brink of ruin...The planet's name: Koppai.
Due to a booming population, booming appetites, and a basic lack of planning, Koppai's inhabitants have all but exhausted their food supply.
Their only hope is to find another planet with edible matter. Accordingly, they send out unmanned scout vessels called "SPEROs" out into space.
To their dismay, the search is proving fruitless. Just as they're about to give up... The final vessel reports back with news of a miraculous discovery!
They mobilize to investigate the planet, which they name PNF-404. Koppai's last hope rests on three intrepid explorers. etc... [/collapse]

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
For anyone here who played Pikmin 3, how good is it? What are the positive and negative aspects of the game?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Good point.

I guess it'll take me longer then.
So I guess I just did really well then? Pretty good for my first time!

Figured out how to start over too, sadly you can only have on save file, so it's back through the whole thing. I'll make sure to do it even better this go!
Still sad that I don't get to use White and Purple Pikmin...

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Their planet is starving and this was the only food source they found.
For anyone here who played Pikmin 3, how good is it? What are the positive and negative aspects of the game?
10/10, better than the first two and I was a huge fan of those as well. Not as short as people make it out to be, but definitely less lengthy than Pikmin 2. The new Pikmin types are surprisingly useful and the overworlds are much larger than they've ever been. Bosses are a huge highlight of the game, all of them are incredible. Pikmin AI improved as well.
However there are much fewer regular enemies in the game, and I found Mission mode underwhelming. Fruit weren't as interesting as the treasures in Pikmin 2 either. It's pretty short too.
Also, worst feature of the game, there's no Piklopedia.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Okay. I didn't know Alph was on a different planet, I thought it was still Hokotate.

Also, PNF-404 is what they named Distant Planet?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Positives: It's awesome as ****.
Negatives: Please GTFO.

Serious: The game was proper fun, though short, there's plenty of things to do to lengthen your gameplay if you're a fan of 100%ing games. The maps can get a bit hard to navigate on the first go, but once you've charted the whole area it should be well enough to go through using the Game Pad.

Major Negative Point: You'll lose a lot of Pikmin. :crying:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay. I didn't know Alph was on a different planet, I thought it was still Hokotate.

Also, PNF-404 is what they named Distant Planet?

I believe so. Even better when you realize the name means. "Page Not Found - 404," as in the error.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Positives: It's awesome as ****.
Negatives: Please GTFO.

Serious: The game was proper fun, though short, there's plenty of things to do to lengthen your gameplay if you're a fan of 100%ing games. The maps can get a bit hard to navigate on the first go, but once you've charted the whole area it should be well enough to go through using the Game Pad.

Major Negative Point: You'll lose a lot of Pikmin. :crying:
Well, to give it some credit, 15 hours IS longer than the first Pikmin.
Also, the Mission Mode's got a lot of content.

I got the game today, played the story mode for about an hour, played a Mission, and then I played 10 games of multiplayer Bingo Battle.
Bingo Battle really surprised me. I thought it'd be alright, but I had a blast; it's awesome.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Sorry, double post.

Oh, I also beat Earthbound today.
Absolute masterpiece.
It's among my very favorite games ever now, I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom