• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Focusing more on smart phone/tablet gaming is smart (if they can get FFI-VI, DQI-VI, Chrono Trigger, etc) plus a few other games on there as well, they could make a lot of money.

But yeah, Square Enix alone couldn't make a successful console (Square Enix is long past its' prime, and their circle in Western gaming has diminished over the years), unless they say merged with Capcom, EA, Activision, and/or SEGA (absorbing Atlas wouldn't hurt either) and made a console.
They already have a couple remakes/remastered games on the iOS. Like TWEWY and FF ll, lll, IV,V Tactics. the prices aren't even good for iOS games, you might as well get the for a Vita or console online store
I don't think iOS/tablets will be viable for another 5 to 6 years. By then we will have phones just as powerful as the next gen systems.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
and 5/ 6 years from now I probably still won't have a smartphone at this rate

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
In 5 or 6 years Microsoft will be the #1 phone gaming console, and they'll make the Xphone (which sounds kinda kinky actually!). :chuckle: :troll: :laugh:
If Square made some more old style FF games and released them on the 3DS I would be happy

Weren't they releasing some "Sequel" to heroes of light or something? It's not a real sequel but one of those "Sequels in spirit" type of thing
Seriously, just make some 3DS and/or Vita remakes of Final Fantasy I-IX, and Dragon Quest I-VIII (VIII is so underrated btw), with improve story, more quests, CGI cutscenes, more enemy types, more side quests, and heck, maybe even online battles.

I mean, the Final Fantasy III and IV DS remakes were great; I don't get why they stopped before V and VI (IMO two of the best in the series, the latter being my favorite Final Fantasy game).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think in the future are phones will be consoles where we can dock our phones and sync up with our TVs and use Bluetooth controllers to play console quality games

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think the future of video games is good video games...

...until stupid people take over the consumer base and the video game industry becomes as terrible as the movie industry.

:facepalm:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

...until stupid people take over the consumer base and the video game industry becomes as terrible as the movie industry.

Movies suffered the fate first.

Well, movies today aren't that bad. Of course some are pure stupid.

And a lot of Disney movies didn't get good sequals.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I'm pretty sure that is already happening

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I kept reading Square as Spongebob for some reason.

Also you guys should keep talking about Agumon/Digimon rep. So cool. Though in my mind he would be 5 characters in one, with at least 3 movesets.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, movies today aren't that bad. Of course some are pure stupid.

And a lot of Disney movies didn't get good sequals.
Cars gets a sequel and a spin-off, while A Bug's Life, Fantasia, The Incredibles, etc. never got a proper sequel or prequel.
I'm pretty sure that is already happening
Eh, but certain genres that have been known to have lackluster games are generally just confined to a certain fanbase.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Aw... we moved past roster discussion... And I finally made a roster... ;(

Anyways, TOPIC!

Reactions if she gets in smash:

'
[/collapse}

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341

Anyways, TOPIC!

Kinda dissapointed, because it means another third party character and maybe no Simon/Bomberman/Snake/Pacman/Layton, etc.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd be fine with Cooking Mama in Smash. I think she'd be an awesome WTF move set kind of person in the way she operates like Miss Fit.

A person who kicks your ass by cooking?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If she got in would they have to change Kirby's Final Smash? Because I can see her Final Smash operating in a similar way.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Anyways, TOPIC!

'
Meh.

I might feel slightly bad because I'm essentially beating up a babysitter with fire/electricity/swords/hammers. :chuckle:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Meh, Cooking Mama isn't as interesting as The Wii Fit Trainer.

I'd rather not "waste" a third party character at this point in time with a 3rd party character that isn't an iconic video game character.

You know, aside from Sonic, Snake, and Mega Man, that's like what=??? The Black Mage from Final Fantasy, Pac-Man, Slime from Dragon Quest, Professor Layton, Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog, etc.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341

I'd rather not "waste" a third party character at this point in time with a 3rd party character that isn't an iconic video game character.

You know, aside from Sonic, Snake, and Mega Man, that's like what=??? The Black Mage from Final Fantasy
Or Mark Evans.

It better be Vivi with his voice from KH II. :troll:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

You know, aside from Sonic, Snake, and Mega Man, that's like what=??? The Black Mage from Final Fantasy, Pac-Man, Slime from Dragon Quest, Professor Layton, Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog, etc.

Well the mage was in some mario sports games... Does that make him on par with Waluigi? :troll:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I like it's evolution Playstation 2 more.

Though they really got lazy naming it.

****ING NINJA'D.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Speaking of evolutions, I hope Pit evolved past puberty, because pre-puberty Pit in Brawl had didn't have the manliness needed to matter. :shades:

The same thing is true of the Pit players, the Pit boards, and pretty much the majority of the entire Pit in Brawl community. :p ;) :smirk:

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Speaking of evolutions, I hope Pit evolved past puberty, because pre-puberty Pit in Brawl had didn't have the manliness needed to matter. :shades:

The same thing is true of the Pit players, the Pit boards, and pretty much the majority of the entire Pit in Brawl community. :p ;) :smirk:
This is Pit's final evolution.
I thought the XBox One was a baby Pokemon?! :surprised::surprised:

Man, I've been so wrong all this time.
It's the sad true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom