• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Topic? Okay.

How about the Mother series? Many view it as extremely unlikely to get another character. However, what would be your reaction if, say, Porky got in, as Smash's first mech-fighter?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
KEEP TALKING! IT'S LATE AT NIGHT AND I'M BORED!!!

New Topic: ANYTHING! HELP ME! PLEASE!!!
Uh....er, maybe why did you change your name?

Topic? Okay.

How about the Mother series? Many view it as extremely unlikely to get another character. However, what would be your reaction if, say, Porky got in, as Smash's first mech-fighter?
I'd love it. Porky should certainly be next in line for a Mother newcomer, since he's been a boss in Brawl, had his city from Mother 3 as a stage, and has encountered and fought both Ness and Lucas in Mother 2/Earthbound and Mother 3, respectively.

But fighting inside the mech at all times? Not sure about that.

----

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Topic? Okay.

Indifferent. Never cared much for him.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Uh....er, maybe why did you change your name?

I'd love it. Porky should certainly be next in line for a Mother newcomer, since he's been a boss in Brawl and has encountered and fought both Ness and Lucas.

----

Well, some idiots from another community might come hunting me to be a jerk, decided to be safe... Besides, so many people called me by my daughter's name it felt weird.

And I'd prefer Poo, and make him a ditto fighter if we got another rep.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
For a mother character, I would like either Kumatora or for Jeff to become a playable character.

Kumatora might end up as a clone, (how different could they possibly make her from either Lucas or Ness?)

Jeff would be cool to see with moves that could use all the little gadgets he has. If characters like Little mac have a chance, then hopefully Jeff has some to.

As for Porky, I guess he would alright.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure that just because you envision a C. Vipertora it doesn't mean it will happen. Just saying.

Just like how just because I (recently) can envision a Karacina doesn't mean Sakurai would make Lucina like Karas if she was in.
Shame too. A Karas-styled character would be pretty sweet.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If specials are not changed, I really would not mind Lucas leaving (and giving some traits over to Ness) as well as Wolf getting the boot.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
If specials are not changed, I really would not mind Lucas leaving (and giving some traits over to Ness) as well as Wolf getting the boot.
Wolf has a more unique moveset from Fox than Falco does, but Falco has been in since the first game and seems to be like the secondary character in the series, so...

I personally like Lucas over Ness, because of his different up smash, down smash, air attacks, and running attack. I also find PK Freeze easier to use than PK Flash. Flash goes farther vertically, but not so much horizontally, making it annoying for me to hit people unless they are far up in the air.

----

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Don't kill me for saying this... Falco and Wolf should just be alternate costumes to open up slots for more characters will a more unique playstyle. (Krystal's staff, or even just another game rep.)

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Don't kill me for saying this... Falco and Wolf should just be alternate costumes to open up slots for more characters will a more unique playstyle. (Krystal's staff, or even just another game rep.)
I wouldn't mind Falco being a costume, but Wolf's different enough to merit being a playable character for sure.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Falco, Fox and Wolf play very differently. Anyone who's played this game against competent people can see this. Changing up specials in order to better emphasize a play style would be neat but they're already different enough in their options under most scenarios.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Honestly, why people want more Star Fox characters (Krystal, Leon, etc.) when Samus and Yoshi have been all alone for 15 years is odd to me. I understand it's about the characters, not the representation, but enough space animals is enough.

Just my opinion, though, and maybe I'm the only one who feels that way.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Honestly, why people want more Star Fox characters (Krystal, Leon, etc.) when Samus and Yoshi have been all alone for 15 years is odd to me. I understand it's about the characters, not the representation, but enough space animals is enough.

Sorta why I want them combined so I can get someone as a rep who plays much more differently and free up space.

Falco, Fox and Wolf play very differently. Anyone who's played this game against competent people can see this. Changing up specials in order to better emphasize a play style would be neat but they're already different enough in their options under most scenarios.

And I do know this, I just admit to some subjective thoughts that I want a little clone action as possible, even if it's only a bit similar. And the fact that Krystal would play WAY differently makes me happy as I want a larger playstyle variety.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
*since Melee
I was talking about the Star Fox games. :p
Falco was in the first Star Fox, but I think Wolf made his debut in Star Fox 64. (either that or the cancelled Star Fox 2)

Honestly, why people want more Star Fox characters (Krystal, Leon, etc.) when Samus, Captain Falcon, and Yoshi have been all alone for 15 years is odd to me.
Fixed.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

For Yoshi, the Baby Mario and Luigi duo being playable (like Ice Climbers) would be cool.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it's because Yoshi is a friggin' Mario character as far as I'm concerned

Edit: Even though I actually DO support Kamek

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I think it's because Yoshi is a friggin' Mario character as far as I'm concerned

Edit: Even though I actually DO support Kamek
He has his own established franchise and universe (Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island DS, Topsy Turvy, Touch and Go, etc)

Yoshi being a Mario character is the equivalent of Donkey Kong and Wario being Mario characters.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
For Yoshi, the Baby Mario and Luigi duo being playable (like Ice Climbers) would be cool.
I don't support the Baby Bros. as Yoshi characters, because it makes no sense to have them in a separate series from their adult selves. I'm not saying you CAN'T support them, I'm just saying why I don't.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
He has his own established franchise and universe (Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island DS, Topsy Turvy, Touch and Go, etc)

Yoshi being a Mario character is the equivalent of Donkey Kong and Wario being Mario characters.

Well... They kinda in odd ways... Are?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I really dont see why they would have two of the same character (Mario, Baby Mario) in a game, leave that to Mario Kart lol. I didn't like young Link, and Toon Link was pushing it but was okay since he had "his own" game. But yeah, since Sakurai was having trouble putting ICs in the 3ds version, I doubt he would be thinking to put more double characters in.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Well... They kinda in odd ways... Are?
No, they ARE Mario characters. They just got their own worlds too, and arguing that Yoshi doesn't deserve characters from his world because he's a Mario character is like saying the same for DK or Wario.

@TheFirstPoppyBros
The Baby characters originated from Yoshi's Island and are most prevalent in Yoshi's games.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Other than the fact yeah, they are. Especially Wario, Yoshi fights Bowser, Koopas and Shy guys in his game. At least there are no koopas in dk or wario games.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@TheFirstPoppyBros
The Baby characters originated from Yoshi's Island and are most prevalent in Yoshi's games.
But they're still just Mario and Luigi with diapers and no facial hair. Putting them into a different series just doesn't make sense to me.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Those three need friends too. Ridley, Goroh/Black Shadow, Babies, get over here already. Hahah

But they're still just Mario and Luigi with diapers and no facial hair. Putting them into a different series just doesn't make sense to me.

I think the babies have enough potential to be put in, however their moves would be more from the Mario series than anything from Yoshi.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Other than the fact yeah, they are. Especially Wario, Yoshi fights Bowser, Koopas and Shy guys in his game. At least there are no koopas in dk or wario games.
Yea, but they're designed and behave differently in Yoshi games, and there are a lot of original characters and enemies that originated from Yoshi's universe alone.

@FirstPoppyBros
True, but they could still be given a very original and interesting moveset despite what series you'd want to categorize them in,

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I don't support the Baby Bros. as Yoshi characters, because it makes no sense to have them in a separate series from their adult selves. I'm not saying you CAN'T support them, I'm just saying why I don't.
The baby Mario Bros originated in the Yoshi series and have been recurring characters in the Yoshi series, therefore, it's best to make them Yoshi series characters, despite also making appearances in Mario Kart and Mario & Luigi 2.

I think the babies have enough potential to be put in, however their moves would be more from the Mario series than anything from Yoshi.
Yeah, I imagine the babies mainly fighting with Bros Items and Bros Moves from Mario & Luigi 1 and 2, and also using the Chain Chomp from Mario Kart Double Dash.

The only two abilities I remember them having in Yoshi's Island were floating in a bubble and crying, and becoming invincible with star power and running up walls with a cape. I could see those two things being part of their moveset, though. (the bubble could be a recovery move)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If we want to be really technical, Shy Guys come from Doki Doki Panic, before it was turned into SMB2.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The baby Mario Bros originated in the Yoshi series and have been recurring characters in the Yoshi series, therefore, it's best to make them Yoshi series characters, despite also making appearances in Mario Kart and Mario & Luigi 2.

Yeah, I imagine the babies mainly fighting with Bros Items and Bros Moves from Mario & Luigi 1 and 2, and also using the Chain Chomp from Mario Kart Double Dash.

The only two abilities I remember them having in Yoshi's Island were floating in a bubble and crying, and becoming invincible with star power and running up walls with a cape. I could see those two things being part of their moveset, though. (the bubble could be a recovery move)
You'd make them Yoshi characters with a moveset from a Mario game? INSANITY! :chuckle:

But seriously, I really just don't find the Baby Bros. likely. In my opinion, I really don't want them in.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Also, while we're on the Yoshi topic, a Boshi costume would be cool, and a costume that makes him look like the baby Yoshi from Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd say Mother should get **** while Sakurai should focus more on Samus and the Metroid franchise alone for a new rep. I'm indifferent on the idea of a new F-Zero rep for obvious reasons while the happy hermaphroditic dino (Yoshi) is better of being forever alone since adding characters like Shy Guy (an enemy) and Kamek (a cowardly wizard) would make 0 sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom