• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I'm incredibly skeptical still. The whole description of the direct just feels way too fanfiction-y.

Ask Square Enix. Aka, the same company charging $60 for a port of TWEWY.

Square Enix is just a joke of a company.
It's crazy how SE went from one the most revered company to well ... what it is now ...

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If this were true then it means Isaac uses every element instead of just Venus. How would you guys feel about that? Me personally I'm not the biggest fan as I always keep the appropriate Djinn on the characters. Still, it would provide a unique way to implement the character. Though as stated previously those taglines suck.

Enchess

Smash Lord
If this were true then it means Isaac uses every element instead of just Venus. How would you guys feel about that? Me personally I'm not the biggest fan as I always keep the appropriate Djinn on the characters. Still, it would provide a unique way to implement the character. Though as stated previously those taglines suck.
I'm a fan. I never liked the idea of him always using Venus. Mixing and matching Djinn is a major element of the game and I want it represented.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
I mean at least well know by the 6th if sly is bsing or not lol his element switching prediction seems hella cool

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I guess it would be okay...but it would make him still not as unique. Since Ness pretty much does the same thing.
Idk. I just wanted to have him be a Venus user.
It's crazy how SE went from one the most revered company to well ... what it is now ...
Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Last edited:

Techo1000

Smash Rookie
So Isaac is the avatar now? I'm fine with that.

ZelDan

Smash Master
As long as I get Isaac and he mostly uses psynergy I would be happy.

The idea that his final smash summon could change based on djinni is actually a pretty cool idea.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
As long as I get Isaac and he mostly uses psynergy I would be happy.

The idea that his final smash summon could change based on djinni is actually a pretty cool idea.
4 Final Smash summons is lol.

MewTwo only got 1 Mega Evolution, I seriously doubt that Isaac will get any special treatment.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
If my boy Aang isn't added an Isaac echo I am officially canceling my preorder.

But yeah, that Direct description is way too specific to be real. That was clearly written by a fan; if someone were genuinely leaking something they would give nowhere near that level of detail. Just "Incineroar, Isaac, k bye".

On a smaller note, I'm very skeptical they'd give Bayonetta 3 the final announcement over two Smash trailers. Additionally, we probably would have heard of said Direct by now.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
While I'd personally prefer him to stick with Venus I can't deny changing his summoning based on the element he's using is a really awesome idea.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

But yeah, that Direct description is way too specific to be real. That was clearly written by a fan; if someone were genuinely leaking something they would give nowhere near that level of detail. Just "Incineroar, Isaac, k bye".

On a smaller note, I'm very skeptical they'd give Bayonetta 3 the final announcement over two Smash trailers. Additionally, we probably would have heard of said Direct by now.
IMO, leaks need to have a good balence of Detail and Legitimacy.

Having too much detail just makes you sound like you're making this stuff up in your head.

What about Ryu tho?
Oh yeah...

The fact he got two final smashes, yet MewTwo didn't just seems so inconsistent.

But 4? Hell no.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I feel like he had one bit of accurate information and used that to make up some bs for people to believe since he got one thing right but if it's real then ISAAC!!!!!

Enchess

Smash Lord
Have 2, 4 would be a bit overkill
BUUUUT his Final Smash could be he calling for his party and each one using one of the four ultimate single elemental Summons from GS
What if the "4 final smashes" all use the same animation for Isaac and the difference the Djinn makes is only asthetic with particle and sound effects? That could still be called 4 separate ones while not really feeling like special treatment

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well, this leak COULD be fake but I WANT it to be true, so far seems nothing too strange, and I like it

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Isaac falls asleep due to exhaustion!
Isaac erupts the Volcano!
Isaac eavesdrops again!
Isaac actually says something!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Can I get a rundown on the loz18 Isaac drama that went down? It's all over GameFAQs.
The long and short of it is loz has hinted at Isaac on and off, and has flip-flopped between him being in and out. But then chat logs from a private discord were leaked and turns out loz, as suspected by some, was just trolling the Isaac fanbase. So disregard anything loz says about Isaac going forward.

Gamefaqs is all caught up in it because their users were involved in bringing this to light.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Isaac falls asleep due to exhaustion!
Isaac erupts the Volcano!
Isaac eavesdrops again!
Isaac actually says something!
Isaac lights the lighthouse has been my favorite fake one so far it's just sooo bad

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Isaac got after Felix to the Lighthouses!
Isaac fails in his mission to protect the Lighthouses!
Isaac steal Felix sister!
Isaac thumbs up!
Isaac do not use a sword!

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Welp... Nintendo usually do their Direct on wednesday 6PM EST, so if for some reason they do it on thursday at 10 AM, I think we will be fix, if it's happening this week we should know tomorow.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Welp... Nintendo usually do their Direct on wednesday 6PM EST, so if for some reason they do it on thursday at 10 AM, I think we will be fix, if it's happening this week we should know tomorow.
The Nintendo direct where they announced Cloud for Smash was a Thursday, I believe. it's not out of the question.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Whoa that's a bold move by mimique. He's willing to take that plunge on Isaac. I always felt like next reveal would be one of Geno, gen 7, or Isaac. Can't say I'm not ready to get off this crazy train of endless theory crafting and speculation lol.
Well I'm personally predicting Geno and another character (maybe Banjo & Kazooie) for a November Smash direct and Incineroar (7th gen mon) for an October reveal.

So I'm kinda left thinking that September could be Isaacs moment.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

They have done surprise directs before I believe it was the one where dark souls was announced

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
All right! I beat Deadbeard! Time to... oh.

Right, I get sent to the start of the Desert. Here's the montage.

Would you believe I completely forgot about how this room worked until then?

Nice armor, anyways.

Hurray for naming silliness!

I sure hope they stay true to their word and don't harm Ivan.

Oh wow.

They seemed to have kept to their word.

An interesting thing I noticed after finishing.

This is Menardi's party. I guess whoever is the rightmost is the Party leader, which makes sense if you were facing Isaac's group, as Ivan is the party leader in this instance.

Well anyway that's that, beat the people from Pr- I mean the evil villains of Golden Sun, guess we've saved the worl-

Oh hey where'd you come from. This guy uses the ever powerful strategy of Break. Fortunately, I counted with Psy Crystals. The dragon was no match for their shiny, starlike appearance.

Or so I thought.

The dragon figures it has to out shiny me in order to succeed.

It's fairly effective.

Poor Garet was no match for the power of shiny.

But overall, not too bad. We can take a nice look at the background here, this would actually look pretty cool in smash, although outside the battle there's a beam of light but inside the battle there's not a beam of light and instead some sorta jagged lightning bolt. Odd.

I like the statues holding sticks. Really gives the impression of Venus.

So we're done now right? Right?

Isaac was so surprised that Felix cared about Ivan collapsing due to the lighthouse that he almost talked!

First picture was taken before the pictures above but it felt nicer to have them all combined.

I find it interesting that the lighthouse split in two, and then reformed itself. That's really... crazy. Who built these things? It's also interesting that there is zero scarrage where the lighthouse split. On a side note, did Mercury do this after the lighthouse was lit, too? Or did it do something that makes more sense, like cause a Squall, or become a park fountain? So many questions...

You tell her Kraden. Look at that, you get to see my least creative name idea at the very end of the playthrough. (I am saddened I miss taking a picture of Kraden saying he was hungry.)

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
It's not out of the possibility that Felix would not be in Isaac's trailer if he is an Echo. "Then why was Richter in the Simon trailer, huh?!?" To that question, he was the exception since, as Sakurai stated, both Simon and Richter borrow moves from each other so technically, they both are echoes.

That's what I think. Regardless, Isaac should come first! Once he's in, Felix should be out next concern.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
If you guys'd like, I could continue doing doofy text LP things in here while I work on Lost Age.

(The one knock I have against Lost Age is that it's sorta hard to tell where to go a little bit... Oh... and... Air's Rock. Screw Air's Rock.)

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Ok that Nintendo direct leak is most likely a troll because it said the new Pokemon Lets Go Pokemon is called 'Gilaybal' which could mean gullible as in he's trying to play us for fools

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Ok that Nintendo direct leak is most likely a troll because it said the new Pokemon Let Go Pokemon is called 'Gilaybal' which could mean gullible as in he's trying to play us for fools
Yeh this flared up on my skeptic-o-meter.

The only part of this "leak" that is plausible is the Online part. And even then I don't believe it

However I did run statistics again for you lovely peeps and if there is indeed a Nintendo Direct this month (which there should be as minus the 2015-Iwata-Death where nothing happened for 5 months we have always had a Direct since 2012.

And it has always happened on the wednesday or thursday in the first two weeks. So that makes it like that the 5th, 6th, 12th or 13th will have a Direct

Top Bottom