• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I feel like this was a result of nintendo heading towards a casual direction. They finally woke up though
Yeah, i do think GS and AW have a chance of coming back since their companies are stil heavily tied to Nintendo?

S&P and CR tho? They aren't coming back, mostly from Treasure turning into a porting company now, and Noise turning into a mobile game company, with most of the staff leaving the studio, probably uninterested in CR.

GS and AW still have the potential, you guys. They can always be brought back by the companies that still remember them. And that's what i hope. :)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I feel like this was a result of nintendo heading towards a casual direction. They finally woke up though
I actually attribute that more towards the Wii U era. Lots of franchises were active in the Wii/DS era including Golden Sun, Advance Wars, and Custom Robo to I believe.

With the Wii U era lots of Nintendo franchises were dropped because they could only focus on their most successful ones on that console.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
*Claps hands* Thank you, Pyzlnar Pyzlnar ! Frikiplaza was amazing! It had so much! It was a gamers and anime lovers heaven. At least I thought so.

All this GBA era nostalgia makes me want to dig up my Golden Sun and TLA game boxes I still have somewhere, with their inserts and all. Those were some good times. :')

To this day, I still consider playing Golden Sun as one of the best and most memorable gaming experiences I've had. Man, I loved those games. Embarrass
That's what I've been doing recently on my Wii U. I finished level grinding in GS today and finally put my transfer password into TLA. That was a nightmare! Especially when I had ONE letter wrong. But finally I can move on to TLA.

I just got the Djinn, Echo. I sound like a broken record, but it just seems so ironic that Felix's first Djinn is named Echo. I hope Sakurai took advantage of this and made Felix as an echo fighter as well!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I have no idea how I’m going to be able to keep up with this thread.
This thread moves at the speed of light man.

And now I feel very special for being one of the first people to post in this thread lol.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I have no idea how I’m going to be able to keep up with this thread.
Ha ha ha, for real. I've given up already, unless I'm hanging out here like I've done today.

Seriously though, we're almost at 15 pages in a single day. Slow it down, guys! :laugh:

Also, we have 50 members and 76 guests in the thread. Everyone can feel Isaac getting closer to joining the roster. :estatic:

This thread moves at the speed of light man.

And now I feel very special for being one of the first people to post in this thread lol.
Ha ha, I feel good just for being a poster in here before K. Rool's reveal and the Rathalos tweet. Before it was cool to root for Isaac. :shades:

Last edited:

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
Well, if I can't get through that way, I'll go ahead and post something a bit more saucy.....

View attachment 161689

Here's Nazyrus in one of the recordings taken from, I believe Insider, in the Discord chat with the "fake loz" (he's under the name "Isaac MAY/IS In")saying that this thread is "under control".
https://giphy.com/gifs/52EYCfG3Sx9mYiqjHD
^ source link. If you click the three dots next to the word "Animated GIF", you can see that it was uploaded last night, so any claim of it being forged as another part of this elaborate hoax is sorta rendered moot.

Aaaanyway; if someone could explain why Nazyrus would be on the Discord server with the loz18 they supposedly think is a fake talking about how they managed to convince you guys that he's a fake, that'd be great. :awesome: I'll wait.

(For the record, the guy named Saku who appears right under Nazyrus can be found here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76962911/908039154 also saying it's the real loz).
I'm lost. Can someone tell me what's going on?

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Guys... I noticed something, Nintendo say they compressed Smash U music enough to have more music than Smash 4 AND use less space... so I think even the Demo version have all the music... a single mistake can make we know ALL the cast simple because of music

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ha ha, I feel good just for being a poster in here before K. Rool's reveal and the Rathalos tweet. Before it was cool to root for Isaac. :shades:
Well everyone that supports Isaac plays an integral role in getting him in to Smash.

Regardless of how Hipster they are like moi. :shades:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Guys... I noticed something, Nintendo say they compressed Smash U music enough to have more music than Smash 4 AND use less space... so I think even the Demo version have all the music... a single mistake can make we know ALL the cast simple because of music
Real talk...a clever Best Buy employee could be giving us some interesting info in the next week or two if Nintendo doesn't properly handle these demo events lol

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
The number of people viewing this thread reminds me just how big the Ridley support thread was in the Smash 4 days.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
So if Isaac gets in, where in the Panoramic art do you think He'll go? I think Samus is going to Slide Up, Zelda is going to Slide up, Cloud is going to slide to the right (Our right) and Isaac is going to stand right behind his outstretched leg in a ready position.

There's also space and an unanswered pose right under Dark Samus, but I don't think that Fits Isaac.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
he got in eventually! maybe next game if isaac doesn't make it this time?
If there were another Ballot and Isaac didn't make it in somehow he would top it IMO.

EclairSpark

Smash Rookie
I wonder how many other Hispanics here love Isaac.

We got a Cuban here. Yoshi is Peruvian, wonder if we can have one fan per Hispanic country
I'm from Honduras over here! It really is cool to see us latinxs coming together to root for Golden Sun representation!!!

Also regarding Felix? I've been thinking a lot that even if Simon was the one who made it first, Isaac having Felix as an echo wouldn't be TOO far fetched considering that none of the other newcomers we've had so far have been "echo-able" so to speak. It'd be fantastic if we got both of the original duology's protagonists as fighters in the same Smash... I feel a little emotional thinking about it, haha

Also it'd piss off a bunch of people so my petty self would feel very satisfied if it happened

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Has this been posted yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8SqlRYW3xo

Brawl's announcer had recorded character names for more than just the playable characters (Smash 4's voice guy said they had him do the same so he wouldn't know for sure who was in and out).
Back in Brawl though, Isaac was named in both his English AND Japanese name (Robin). Even Bowser Jr. didn't get that treatment. Not only that, but there were also voice clips for Felix and Jenna! That's crazy. Ten years ago and Golden Sun was high on Nintendo's radar. It blows my mind that Isaac wasn't added in Brawl.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
So if Isaac gets in, where in the Panoramic art do you think He'll go? I think Samus is going to Slide Up, Zelda is going to Slide up, Cloud is going to slide to the right (Our right) and Isaac is going to stand right behind his outstretched leg in a ready position.

There's also space and an unanswered pose right under Dark Samus, but I don't think that Fits Isaac.
I’m kinda in the same ballpark as you. I think they slide Samus, Zelda and Cloud a bit to the left freeing up the space where the sun rays are shining down and stick Isaac (and possibly Felix) right there.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Brawl's announcer had recorded character names for more than just the playable characters (Smash 4's voice guy said they had him do the same so he wouldn't know for sure who was in and out).
Back in Brawl though, Isaac was named in both his English AND Japanese name (Robin). Even Bowser Jr. didn't get that treatment. Not only that, but there were also voice clips for Felix and Jenna! That's crazy. Ten years ago and Golden Sun was high on Nintendo's radar. It blows my mind that Isaac wasn't added in Brawl.
I'm not sure if that's actually the Brawl announcer. More like someone imitating.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if that's actually the Brawl announcer. More like someone imitating.
Put it at 1.5 speed. It's real.

I think someone mentioned that in brawl's files was a folder named Robin. This was in it i think.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman

You and me both and everyone else that was around at the time of Brawl speculation. Golden Sun was on par or more popular than series already in at that point and that got inducted in Brawl (Pikmin). That's why theories that throw out that he was planned at some points are not too farfetched to me in the least. In retrospect, I can sort of see why for Brawl - other characters just took precedence. Wario, Diddy Kong and another Kirby rep (which ended up being two) were no brainers. But, when you saw others like Lucas, Olimar, Ike and Wolf I really thought Isaac stood a decent chance. He's no less of a choice than they are. So when he ended up being an AT, it was just confusing to where now it really just felt like it was down to timing and resources.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's a fan list someone managed to get the Brawl announcer to read, it's not indicative of Nintendo's intentions.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That's a fan list someone managed to get the Brawl announcer to read, it's not indicative of Nintendo's intentions.
Prob because I never recall anything like this being datamined.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Isaac will probably hold his sword in his left hand and use psynergy with his right hand (just like the trophy in Brawl). If they used another character as a basis for his body structure who do you think it would be?
If you don't know what I mean here are a few examples: :ultkirby: and :ultjigglypuff:, :ultfalcon: and :ultganondorf:, :ultzss: and :ultbayonetta:.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman

https://smashboards.com/threads/brawls-announcer-caters-to-the-fans.164589/

You're about 10 years late. ;)

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I'd say link. That body size seems to be right
I always envisioned his size would be between Link and Young Link. Link is 21 years old and Isaac is 16.
Edit: Link is more like 17 or 18. That is what I get for posting late without checking myself.

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Isaac will probably hold his sword in his left hand and use psynergy with his right hand (just like the trophy in Brawl). If they used another character as a basis for his body structure who do you think it would be?
If you don't know what I mean here are a few examples: :ultkirby: and :ultjigglypuff:, :ultfalcon: and :ultganondorf:, :ultzss: and :ultbayonetta:.
I can easily see using Roy for his body structure. They are roughly the same height. I think you can make Isaac a little heavier and maybe slower and you have a good model to start with. Then just go to town with different psynergy for specials and idle + move animations.

Top Bottom