• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Ok... I think I'm the only one that thinks we will have a direct day 19... everyone seems to be "Day 6" or "Day 12/13!" and there go me with "Day 19!"

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
One lengthy trip down Crossbone Isle later...

It's Deadbeard time.

The two sides face off using their most powerful attack, break. Sadly this ends in a stalemate.

Needless to say both sides will need to change up their strategy.

The four decide to attack using almost perfectly in order alphabetical attacks.

Deadbeard cannot handle the fact they skipped the letter D.

As a result, Deadbeard hits the four with extremely shiny attacks.

In response, Water uses a Well. How appropriate for the name.

After first trying to drain psynergy from Deadbeard, Sage has to dip into his item pool to restore his psynergy.

Needless to say the Competitive scene ended up in an uproar.

But sage replied to their uproars by simply saying "talk to the hand" and thus won the battle.

The end.
Next time I update this, it'll be the finale. I'll probably do the lost age next, same rules. :3

KMDP

Smash Legend
One lengthy trip down Crossbone Isle later...

It's Deadbeard time.

The two sides face off using their most powerful attack, break. Sadly this ends in a stalemate.

Needless to say both sides will need to change up their strategy.

The four decide to attack using almost perfectly in order alphabetical attacks.

Deadbeard cannot handle the fact they skipped the letter D.

As a result, Deadbeard hits the four with extremely shiny attacks.

In response, Water uses a Well. How appropriate for the name.

After first trying to drain psynergy from Deadbeard, Sage has to dip into his item pool to restore his psynergy.

Needless to say the Competitive scene ended up in an uproar.

But sage replied to their uproars by simply saying "talk to the hand" and thus won the battle.

The end.
Next time I update this, it'll be the finale. I'll probably do the lost age next, same rules. :3
My word, you actually did it.

A hard fought victory indeed.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
What were the rules?
Only Psynergy Attacks allowed, no Djinn usage/Summons, no Normal Attacks. I allowed myself to use items if necessary. This applied to the whole game. I might have accidentally used a normal attack once or twice over the course of the game during a random battle to be honest.

Holdenon

Smash Cadet
Nice to see all different types of people enjoy GS! Anyone else here from Australia?

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Real talk...a clever Best Buy employee could be giving us some interesting info in the next week or two if Nintendo doesn't properly handle these demo events lol
That's doubtful. Nintendo employees carry these demo units with them to these events, and they're the ones handling these events while the store employs step aside. This means they're never out of Nintendo's sight. The only way there would be a leak is if someone somehow stole the demo or a Nintendo employee betrays his job.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
That's doubtful. Nintendo employees carry these demo units with them to these events, and they're the ones handling these events while the store employs step aside. This means they're never out of Nintendo's sight. The only way there would be a leak is if someone somehow stole the demo or a Nintendo employee betrays his job.
Knowing Nintendo, they also have probably scrubbed the demo version as clean as they can. I think Sakurai has wised up after Smash4

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think a fighter will be revealed in September?
I think so, yeah.

There's probably gonna be a reveal on September's Direct (within 2 weeks to explain Switch's online service)
If there's not, I think there's a high chance of a Smash only Direct soon after the general one.

There has to be at least one more Smash Direct before the game launches.

My guess would be mid or late October to do some stress tests + demo on November.

Basically what I'm saying is we'll probably know the full roster within two months.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I think so, yeah.

There's probably gonna be a reveal on September's Direct (within 2 weeks to explain Switch's online service)
If there's not, I think there's a high chance of a Smash only Direct soon after the general one.

There has to be at least one more Smash Direct before the game launches.

My guess would be mid or late October to do some stress tests + demo on November.

Basically what I'm saying is we'll probably know the full roster within two months.
This is so stressful. lol.

Enchess

Smash Lord
You know, I bet at least one of these Nintendo employees busts out the demo Switch in their hotel room the night before and plays around. I wonder if we'll ever get fake leaks that try to build off that. Like claim post pics taken through windows where a fake CSS is on the TV plus some more pics of a fake debug menu to explain why the CSS includes people not in the demo.

Leakers need to think outside the box a little more. If I've learned anything from watching fake leaks, it's that novelty gets more attention than believability.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think we'll probably get reveals in 3 of the 4 remaining months before release (counting December).

Enchess

Smash Lord
Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
What on Earth is happening haha

Sly Cooper Sly Cooper are you legit or incredibly lucky?
Does anyone know when updates to PS Store happen? It's super possible they noticed the game added there and jumped on it
Why are you mentioning Sly? His leak mean anything? Sounds like a fanfiction to me.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Why are you mentioning Sly? His leak mean anything? Sounds like a fanfiction to me.
He mentioned FFXV Pocket Edition coming to Switch in direct and same day PSN adds a listing for console release of Pocket Edition.

Leak also included Isaac

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
He mentioned FFXV Pocket Edition coming to Switch in direct and same day PSN adds a listing for console release of Pocket Edition.

Leak also included Isaac
i mean, i'll take isaac. It's just strange Felix isn't an echo. But whatever.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
If this is real, it sounds pretty neat ngl. I’d love it. I don’t think Felix would be out yet. He could still show up later or be DLC.

Okay, so i want to see if these sound like legit phrases nintendo would do.

"Incineroar Rings the bell."

"Isaac settles the score."

Isaac settles...what score? WHAT FLIPPING SCORE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
No seriously guys 10 pages over night ? How am I supposed to keep up ?! I wanted to comment about the french site (since I am french) leak but this discussion is long gone, agrgr makes me sad. :sadsheep:

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Can I get a rundown on the loz18 Isaac drama that went down? It's all over GameFAQs.
Loz first said he wouldn't count him to be in. Then he says he IS in. Basically what happened.
True. It would be great though.
It's a shame. Maybe we can make Felix a unique fighter...? idk. Feeling a bit sad of his absence despite the fact getting Isaac is still amazing.

Last edited:

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so i want to see if these sound like legit phrases nintendo would do.

"Incineroar Rings the bell."

"Isaac settles the score."

Isaac settles...what score? WHAT FLIPPING SCORE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
I'm a big fan of "Isaac lends a hand!"

I did not remember until recently but that caption is used when you aid Isaac on the Colosso battle.

Other cool ones:

- "Isaac rises again!"
- "Isaac has joined the party"
- "Isaac lets out a howl!"

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm a big fan of "Isaac lends a hand!"

I did not remember until recently but that caption is used when you aid Isaac on the Colosso battle.

Other cool ones:

- "Isaac rises again!"
- "Isaac has joined the party"
- "Isaac lets out a howl!"
It's at least better that ISAAC SETTLES THE SCORE.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yeesh, I come here for a bit, go to work, come back and have to read through over a dozen pages.

Nice to see the thread have energy atleast...

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Do you guys think a fighter will be revealed in September?
I think at least two.

What on Earth is happening haha

Sly Cooper Sly Cooper are you legit or incredibly lucky?
Does anyone know when updates to PS Store happen? It's super possible they noticed the game added there and jumped on it
Lol why the **** would they release the inferior mobile edition of a game that’s already on the console.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
This may have been mentioned before, but did anyone see this? https://smashboards.com/threads/nintendo-direct-on-thursday.458093/
I only bring it up because it mentions FFXV pocket edition which was just listed on the PS store around 30 minutes ago...

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/final-fantasy-xv-pocket-edition-hd-icon-appears-on-playstation-store
I'm incredibly skeptical still. The whole description of the direct just feels way too fanfiction-y.
Lol why the **** would they release the inferior mobile edition of a game that’s already on the console.
Ask Square Enix. Aka, the same company charging $60 for a port of TWEWY.

Square Enix is just a joke of a company.

Last edited:
Top Bottom