• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sukapon: The Joyful, but Reluctant Owarai Fighter

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm pronouncing it Suke-ah-Pon or Sue-ka-Pon

(One or the other)

and I don't care what it really is

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There are times in Japanese when ス or す (su) is just pronounced as "s", so even though it's spelled Sukapon, I guess the proper pronunciation might actually be Skapon, like parrothead said, but I call him sue-kah-pon as well.
/themoreyouknow

I guess it doesn't really matter though, unlikely we'll ever actually be in a situation where we get to hear an official pronunciation. :(

But at least Sakurai rescinded one of the characters we thought we'd never get... so who know...

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
So we've gotten 2 WTF characters depending on how you look at it. I'm sure there will be at least one more. Maybe with some of Sakurai's ideals changing, Sukapon has a better chance now? I'd have to think his potential would be noticed again by Sakurai.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So we've gotten 2 WTF characters depending on how you look at it. I'm sure there will be at least one more. Maybe with some of Sakurai's ideals changing, Sukapon has a better chance now? I'd have to think his potential would be noticed again by Sakurai.
villager wasn't a wtf character

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
for some reason I think already having two robots hurts sukapon's chances...
specially cuz his shticks are being cutesy/'kawaii (which ROB's got covered), and the combat robot thing that fights other combat robot things invented by an evil scientist without any of them looking overtly like combat- robot-things (ie. megaman).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People mispronounced Ryu as Rye-You.
Now THAT one always irritated me.

Because it sounds stupid

I mispronounce Sukapon because it sounds better

specially cuz his shticks are being cutesy/'kawaii (which ROB's got covered), and the combat robot thing that fights other combat robot things invented by an evil scientist without any of them looking overtly like combat- robot-things (ie. megaman).
But apparently having 2 blue haired swordsman doesn't hurt Chrom's chances. Not to mention like 20 humans

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not to mention like 20 humans
Mario
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Wario
Popo
Nana
Peach(?)
Ness
Lucas
Marth
Roy
Ike
Red
Captain Falcon
Samus
Snake
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager

Technically 18, 17 if Peach doesn't count. 14 (13 excluding Peach) if you only count characters in Brawl.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mario
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Wario
Popo
Nana
Peach(?)
Ness
Lucas
Marth
Roy
Ike
Red
Captain Falcon
Samus
Snake
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager

Technically 18, 17 if Peach doesn't count. 14 (13 excluding Peach) if you only count characters in Brawl.
Why Peach? Of course she's a human, it's kind of odd you consider Wii Fit Trainer, the living mannequin, a human, but not Peach? :p

D

Deleted member

If Peach is excluded due to being part Toad, then Samus should be excluded for being part Chozo AND part Metroid (after Fusion).

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
villager wasn't a wtf character
Obviously I'm implying that an Animal Crosser was ruled out completely for Brawl and we rightfully assumed the same thing would be happening this time around. So his inclusion was very surprising to those in the know.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oh, yay! This thread is a thing! I must point out that I fully support our little joy mech fighter, even if I doubt that he'll be in.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
We got 5 swordsmen in brawl (MK, Ike, Toon Link added to Marth and Link), when before there were 4. Two robots shouldn't hurt his chances.

Speculator

Smash Ace
It's not like there's a maximum limit on robots. Sukapon's fighting style bears no similarities to ROB's or to Mega Man's, so I don't think there would be a problem.

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I totally forgot about this guy. I learned about him via DeceasedCrab as well. Would totally be down for Sukapon in Smash.

Basically amounted to being too obscure with little chance of revival.
Well that's dumb. I'm sure there'll be a super awesome Ice Climbers revival any day now right Sakurai?

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
I would very much so like to see Sukapon!! I've been thinking about his possible inclusion in the next Smash and I think he would be perfect. It was their first (legitimate,since Urban Champion sucks) fighting game.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I would very much so like to see Sukapon!! I've been thinking about his possible inclusion in the next Smash and I think he would be perfect. It was their first (legitimate,since Urban Champion sucks) fighting game.
I suppose you're oblivious to the fact that Sakurai himself shot him down.

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
Aww, well that's a shame. Honestly, that's kind of dumb that he would say "No fighting game characters". It's not like Nintendo has a huge amount of fighting games anyways. The only real one they have is Joy Mech Fight. It also is sort of vague. Does this automatically mean Little Mac's chances are low?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Aww, well that's a shame. Honestly, that's kind of dumb that he would say "No fighting game characters". It's not like Nintendo has a huge amount of fighting games anyways. The only real one they have is Joy Mech Fight. It also is sort of vague. Does this automatically mean Little Mac's chances are low?
Punch Out is really a puzzle game, so he's fine.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I've LONG supported Sukapon, he's on my most wanted list. Let's hope that Sakurai pulls a Villager and puts him in! I can make a moveset, down the line, if you guys want!​

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Just reviving this to say that, even if he's unlikely for SSB4, he's a very real candidate for one of Project M's original characters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
He better have Sukakopon as an alternate costume. He's the yellow wackier, evil clone from the original if you don't know who he is.

Top Bottom