• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sukapon: The Joyful, but Reluctant Owarai Fighter

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's the most epic moveset on this forum, I want it to take up so much room so people can see it.

I would really like to see his giant moveset as well/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Some guy from another forum found these on Deviantart

TONDEKER

Sukapon Roll

Combo

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's kinda hard to support this character when he was rejected several times by Sakurai.

Supposedly the character was planned for the first game, but wasn't implemented due to hardware limitations. I can't see how limited hardware would be a problem with the new Wii U though, so that problem might be out of the way.

The character was also rejected due to being exclusive to Japan. We all know how that works out in the end (spoilers: not good). But then again, there is always the exception to the rule.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
isn't this nintendo's only fighting game
Well there is Urban Champion, which is one of the earliest examples of a fighting game.

Then there is Joy Mech Fight, a game released only in Japan with limbless robots.

Then there is Super Smash Bros., the most successful and praised fighting game series Nintendo has to date.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
haha, oh you.

There's also Punch-Out!! But I think Sukapon would be a great throwback to the first fighting game and he would be comparable to G&W and ROB
Yeah that's more or less why i support Sukapon. the 4 retros we got from both Melee and from Brawl were like 1 Retro who is relatively unknown and awkward, R.O.B and G&W, and 1 who is pretty well known who just never blew up like the other Nintendo franchises at the time, Ice Climbers and Pit. Sukopon is relatively unknown and pretty awkward and now he's definately feasible.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That is the sexiest remix that I ever heard. I am loving that image too. Reminds me of the time I played Joy Mech Fight on my Famicom ROM last year. Tiger and Sukapon were my mains most of the time. :awesome:

Hardware issues was one reason for his dis-inclusion that I least expected. Hopefully they won't have same problem on a next gen console like the Wii U.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
[COLLAPSE="Click to see"]

Enjoy and don't forget our underdog :awesome:[/COLLAPSE]
some of these could be alternate costumes for Sukapon, thanks to the similar body shapes.

other than that, I think representing more franchises would be good for the Smash Bros. roster. for SSB4, I am all the way for any retro character, including Japan-only characters.

Nintendo could revive some of their old franchises and have them "see the light" (metaphorically speaking, of course) of the 21st century.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Aha, thought there might be a thread somewhere. Just like to voice my support for Sukapon as well. Joy Mech Fight is ridiculously fun and as a character from an actual fighting game it's a wonder that his chances are so low. I think he's certainly one of the best options for a 'surprise' character though, like G&W and ROB were in Melee and Brawl. He certainly seems to fit along the line of obscure Nintendo robo-things.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'm also in support for Sukapon, though knew nothing about him before I read this, but even when I saw his trophy I thought he looked kind of neat. I could see myself playing as him if he got in, that's for sure. Would like it if he referenced more of the other robots in his attacks though, just because that seems like it'd be rather cool, and make for a weird yet versatile A set, kind of like Mr. G&W.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They have translated versions of the game places if you look hard enough

Another game I suggest playing is Cocoron.

Other NES gems: Bucky O'Hare (I was a fan of the cartoon series as a kid)
Little Nemo
Little Samson

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Speculator

Smash Ace
Tried it. Man, that game is weird (and in Japanese :urg:). But, thinking up of a moveset for him seems rather easy.
If you can find an English version, take a look in the "manual" mode. Sukapon basically has a Smash Bros moveset built into JMF.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
VILLAGER?! The freaking Wii Fit Trainer got in. I believe that now makes everyone like 99% more likely to get in. Heck, Duck Hunt Dog wouldn't even surprise me at this point.
Well, my point was Sakurai had specifically said to not expect Sukapon in Smash Bros. (Much like what he said about the Villager pre-Brawl). Seeing that he backtracked on his opinion, Sukapon has a decent chance now,

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
Well, my point was Sakurai had specifically said to not expect Sukapon in Smash Bros. (Much like what he said about the Villager pre-Brawl). Seeing that he backtracked on his opinion, Sukapon has a decent chance now,
He said the same thing about Megaman being included. If this pattern keeps up who knows, we might get Sukapon and Ridley before this is over.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
It's kinda hard to support this character when he was rejected several times by Sakurai.

Supposedly the character was planned for the first game, but wasn't implemented due to hardware limitations. I can't see how limited hardware would be a problem with the new Wii U though, so that problem might be out of the way.

The character was also rejected due to being exclusive to Japan. We all know how that works out in the end (spoilers: not good). But then again, there is always the exception to the rule.
Yeah, he was planned for the first game. He was also going to be in Melee but they decided against it especially with wanting to include two japan only characters (Marth and Roy) to begin with.

I think he can easily be in this game but the question is will he. The retro status and the japan-only status aren't that good, but I think his game did see a re-release on the VC, and he would be perfect for... well, this type of game, especially considering JMF is partially what they based the original Smash off of. (Keyword: Partially). My real question is why the hell wasn't he in brawl.

by the way i support this thread

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
Well a Japan only character hasn't been released yet (I tink Takamaru's a shoe in though) and neither has a classic Nitendo character (there are slightly better candidates). He could easily be included imo, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I hope sakurai really takes a look into joy mech fight and sees the potential that Sukapon really has. he could be a truly marvelous character.

D

Deleted member

There's a lot of unsourced rumors being posted on this page...
I agree.
There is absolutely no source about Sukapon being planned for either 64 or Melee.

That being said, given what Sakurai said about Villager (and ONLY Villager; he didn't say anything of the sort towards Mega Man), Sukapon is now a viable option again.
I doubt he'll get in, but at least he has a chance unlike in Brawl.

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
Man, sukapon is so incredibly perfect for smash.
it's a shame there's already two much more famous robots on the cast, it kinda makes Ninja Castle's aesthetic seem a bit more unique and thereby a better choice. which is a shame cuz I'd way prefer sukapon.

Top Bottom