• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sukapon: The Joyful, but Reluctant Owarai Fighter

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It's one of the reasons I support him so much. He has potential to easily bring a completely new fighting style to this game, as well as being a really cool and cute retro character.
Add me to the supporter list please. I want Smash Brothers to contain many different fighting styles.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
WHY HAVE I NOT POSTED HERE YET!!

I want Sukapon the most out of every newcomer. He so deserves it, his game is great, and I would love to see it revived. Smash 4 is the best place to do that.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
We need Sukapon and Rayman so that they may have a fight to the death over who has the better looking lack-of-limbs.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Doubt it. I mean, Takamaru is obviously the character with more merits...I don't think we're getting any retro this time around.
I was just joking. I don't really think it'll happen. (Although I want it to.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hopefully he at least has a Sukapokon (yellow) color so that it would be close enough to playing as my JMF main.

I still like Sukapon, but I like his evil clone even better.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Isn't it Sukapokon?
You're right, it's been a while since I've seen his name. After all, he was close to being an Expansion Character in SSF2 with a few other Joy Mech Fight characters until the devs decided to kill the Expansion Forums. Too bad we might only see Sukapon as an expansion character for such a game. :crying:

Squishyfrog

Smash Rookie
NNID
Squishyfrog
After seeing two relatively obscure retro characters get confirmed as Assist Trophies, Prince Sable even being a Japan-exclusive, I'm feeling fairly confident that Sukapon will appear in the game in some form or another, and even appearing as a measly trophy would be more than enough for me. =)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let's see if I can't help you guys out.

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
Sukapon is in my top 6 characters that I want in and he is probably the most deserving since he is from one of Nintendo's first fighting games and his alternate skins would just be of the other 7 robots from the story mode. I also believe Sukapon would bring something interesting to smash bros. being limbless and all. Joy Mech fight deserves to be on the Virtual Console and deserves a remake or sequel or both.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, the revival of my Sukapon thread

Too bad the sprite moveset that was in the front is now a bunch of broken images

It was the best done moveset on the site

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd be interested in seeing Sukapon added as DLC - it would be a nice touch to have the main character of a traditional Nintendo fighting game (I think it might have been the first one that Nintendo made, though I'm not sure if Urban Champion would count) as a playable character in this. Plus, it seems like there's a decent amount of material to work with.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im in for support of sukapon for dlc

Just a quick question does sukapon go against sakurais statement on no characters that are already on fighting/street fighter games from a interview way back? Or is that for 3rd parties?

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
I'd be interested in seeing Sukapon added as DLC - it would be a nice touch to have the main character of a traditional Nintendo fighting game (I think it might have been the first one that Nintendo made, though I'm not sure if Urban Champion would count) as a playable character in this. Plus, it seems like there's a decent amount of material to work with.
Exactly and I wouldn't count Urban Champion or Punch Out!!! Also they could pull a mega man and use moves from the other fights as well and his is very deserving for being the main character from Nintendo's first home console fighting game which held the record for largest roster until i was later broken by Brawl, and he is very classic and retro while being very unique since he is limbless.

Im in for support of sukapon for dlc

Just a quick question does sukapon go against sakurais statement on no characters that are already on fighting/street fighter games from a interview way back? Or is that for 3rd parties?
I don't think so since he was considered for 64 but was decided that he needed to be in one more game and that was when they were still thinking it was going to be a Japan Only game too.

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
I am amazed that another Japan-released game is receiving support, and I wonder what happened with the images from one of the movesets? They all seem to be dead links.

I am certain there will be a bigger push to support Sukapon for future Smash Bros Games

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am amazed that another Japan-released game is receiving support, and I wonder what happened with the images from one of the movesets? They all seem to be dead links.

I am certain there will be a bigger push to support Sukapon for future Smash Bros Games
I know they are dead, but I can't find if/ where they've been moved. It was the best moveset in this forum though

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I know they are dead, but I can't find if/ where they've been moved. It was the best moveset in this forum though
The original Super Smash Flash 2 Expansion Forums had been dead for nearly 3 years because of lack of progress for character development from the members of community. Ever since, the developers had decided that they'll be the ones doing the work for any DLC character in the future.

As for all of Reiforce's Sukapon sprite animations, they are pretty much in limbo for now since I doubt most of them are still active on his DeviantArt account. Which is a such a shame since his moveset was just how I had envisioned him in Smash.

Edit: I've managed to recover his original sprite sheet from the VG-Resource Forums and they still look fantastic despite not being animated to this day (R.I.P. Expansion Forums).

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
The original Super Smash Flash 2 Expansion Forums had been dead for nearly 3 years because of lack of progress for character development from the members of community. Ever since, the developers had decided that they'll be the ones doing the work for any DLC character in the future.

As for all of Reiforce's Sukapon sprite animations, they are pretty much in limbo for now since I doubt most of them are still active on his DeviantArt account. Which is a such a shame since his moveset was just how I had envisioned him in Smash.

Edit: I've managed to recover his original sprite sheet from the VG-Resource Forums and they still look fantastic despite not being animated to this day (R.I.P. Expansion Forums).

I an sure that some re-working on the moveset can be done to make it look like the moveset prior to the images taken down

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
"players would’ve been able to ride Sukapon."

whether this is like Yoshi from Super mario world or like gogoat in smash IDK. ask pushDustin or sakurai.
It sounds stupid luckily it never happened because Sukapon is one of the most deserving Nintendo characters to be added to the roster.

Top Bottom