• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Editing the videos for the WSR stages.

Preview of what I'm working on now:

Has anyone here played MGS3?
Hmmm.........

*looks at url*
Oh.

Keep building the stage and it will be more clear.

You should find a way to
replicate the falling petals.

Or maybe you can mess with the lighting to give off the sepia tone the game has....

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Glad to hear people like my idea. However, I will need some help, because, like, I've never actually done any stage hacking. If someone could help me remove all of the main Eldin model except the bridge and point me to a 3D stage tutorial, that'd get me going pretty well. I'm also thinking of replacing King Bublin's pig-thing with Suicune, getting rid of King Bulblin (through animations?) and replacing the Bulblin that follows with a Rocket Grunt or something, so i'd need some help with things like animations for Suicune and a vertex hack of Pokemon Trainer/etc. (using that Luigi Rocket Grunt would just confuse anyone playing the stage)

I've gotten about this far at the moment. :p

It just stays there though. Should try to fix that.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Do you mean a single block which travels along a rounded path, tilting as if it were part of the orbit? Or are each of those red parts supposed to be separate blocks? I think you mean the first way but I need to clarify.
Actually, I meant each red part to be a separate block.

Hmm.... maybe each of those blocks can really be two blocks (like, two blocks in the same position, but one is shrunken to 0.01 scale or something so you can only see one at a time) And the block on top will have ground collisions on top and bottom and walls on the side, like usual. But the bottom one will have ground on the sides and walls on top and bottom, and these collisions will be attached to the models and everything.

So once the blocks make a ~90 degree or whatever turn, shrink the orignal block and make the shrunken one replace the big one, so now that it's been rotated 90 degrees, the top is ground and the sides are walls.

Uh... I'm not sure if I communicated that idea effectively, but I think it can work...?
I didn't understand what you mean.

I was going to animate the miis but then i just got lazy. I agree the paltform is a bit to dark but i didn't know how to fix it. And i tried editing the miis faces, but when i played it in game after editing the faces, their shirts were all just white. So i thought it was better to have barely noticeable numbers rather than a bland wall of white.
I'll try to fix it.

Also...

Can anyone fix Fortwaffles/ds22's Samba de Amigo stage? Check it out and you'll probably see within a 3-stock match what needs fixing...

http://www.mediafire.com/?bwjztog2new
Please, I beg you! This is one awesomely fun stage to play on!

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Bleh, I have NO idea how to get this swapped model to move. I've probably aimed too high for a first stage, but maybe I'll just worry about that once I get the looks of the actual stage going.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I was poking around the main stage model and noticed that each major part of the stage had a different bone, so because I really didn't want to hex out a million billion polygon data, I tried scaling each of the bones of the parts that I wanted to remove down to zero. I also moved the castle forward in the name of science. However:

The scaling didn't quite work (now that I look back on it, maybe I just can't scale down to zero?), but the movement did, which was a good sign, so my next plan was to simply move the rest of the stage out of sight...

That'll do nicely for now. Next step is to (figure out how to) add a new skybox and some stage builder parts, then I'll work on ripping those textures (a Pokemon Stadium 2 save/state would help if anyone has one)

Revven

FrankerZ
Hey, uh GameWatching, I played your Metal Mario stage today and yes it is indeed awesome um on the right side near the edge there's a little bug. This bug makes you slide off the stage if you're near a certain part of the main base stage and it's a small part near the edge where the platform goes along the crystal sticking out. It kinda "warps" you or sends you off the stage so if I ledgehop back onto the stage on that side I get shot off of it again. If you can fix this problem with it, it'll be perfect.

Edit: Oh and it's over Onett if that's an issue.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
olol,

you're the third person that report the same glitch today >.>

i m a n00b in things like this !
wait for mewtwo that will fix it !

EDIT :
the new level that i m going to make is Brinstar Depths !

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
That is a glitch with BrawlBox. Sometimes when editing stage collisions, certain floor planes with propel you in one direction. The closer you get to the edge of that plane, the faster it sends you. I really don't know how to fix the problem. No matter how many times I remake the plane, no matter how many different ways I arrange them, I can't stop the glitch from occurring when it occurs.

Maybe when I finish these C# tutorials I'll have a look at the BrawlBox source to see what the problem is.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If you are going to make Brinstar Depths, please, for the love of spaghettii, make the collision better than it was in Melee.

SO many cheap fall through the stage deaths....

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I was poking around the main stage model and noticed that each major part of the stage had a different bone, so because I really didn't want to hex out a million billion polygon data, I tried scaling each of the bones of the parts that I wanted to remove down to zero. I also moved the castle forward in the name of science. However:
~img~
The scaling didn't quite work (now that I look back on it, maybe I just can't scale down to zero?), but the movement did, which was a good sign, so my next plan was to simply move the rest of the stage out of sight...
~img~
That'll do nicely for now. Next step is to (figure out how to) add a new skybox and some stage builder parts, then I'll work on ripping those textures (a Pokemon Stadium 2 save/state would help if anyone has one)
I posted a couple pages back on how to do what you want to do. And scaling worked using this method. Copypasta:
Hozu said:
I attached the bone to a 1 frame animation. You right-click the ModelData, New > Character Animation. Then you right-click the model, preview. Open up the left and right tabs, click on the bone you want to get rid of, then click on the animation. From there, you can do whatever is shown on the bottom right (Translate, Scale, and Rotate in all 3 axis). You want your changes to make the box where you changed it to become yellow. When you're done, it will add a NewNode under the animation you made. Save it, and load the file to fix the name (the node becomes the name of the bone).

Oh and obviously delete any collisions that are where whatever bone you're using was, if any.
Note that any changes this way may not be shown in BrawlBox.

Also, the sun's glow is part of another model, not the model that contains most of the bridge and the background so depending on your sky, you may want to get rid of it. Definitely get rid of it if you plan to have some sort of structure that would come between the camera and the glow because the glow would shine right through it.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I don't know whether brinstar depths will work properly or not since floors, left walls, ceilings, and right walls are all separate collisions. I would do some testing before making the whole stage, only to find out that sort of thing won't work in Brawl.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
There seems to be a correlation between the report reason and the user name.

Obv

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
@gamewatching

i'm looking through your metal mario stage and its annoying figuring out what fits where due to your cataloging. could you explain which of the gate pieces go where? top to bottom in the modeldata[1].

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I posted a couple pages back on how to do what you want to do. And scaling worked using this method. Copypasta:

Note that any changes this way may not be shown in BrawlBox.

Also, the sun's glow is part of another model, not the model that contains most of the bridge and the background so depending on your sky, you may want to get rid of it. Definitely get rid of it if you plan to have some sort of structure that would come between the camera and the glow because the glow would shine right through it.
Thank you. I'll try that out when my mother stops playing Facebook games in the next few hours. *shot*

And yeah, I knew that about the sun. I've done that intentionally just to see how it turns out when I build the stage.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
@gamewatching

i'm looking through your metal mario stage and its annoying figuring out what fits where due to your cataloging. could you explain which of the gate pieces go where? top to bottom in the modeldata[1].
explain that to mewtwo :/
i m n00b in things like this T_T

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Kraid has been done on Giga Bowser and Ivysaur. I guess I could give it a try some time soon.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Question.

Can I replace Mushroomy Kingdom with another stage (with a .rel)?

I tried this earlier, and it didn't work. I might have done something wrong, but I just want to check first before stage switching.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Pikaz, the spawn points and respawn points are bones in one of the models in the stage pac.

Camzy, yes, you can. You would have to use a base stage like Final Destination, rename it to the filename for Mushroomy Kingdom I or II, and use the FD > MKI or II rel.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Pikaz, the spawn points and respawn points are bones in one of the models in the stage pac.

Camzy, yes, you can. You would have to use a base stage like Final Destination, rename it to the filename for Mushroomy Kingdom I or II, and use the FD > MKI or II rel.
Awesome thanks!

Edit:

I'm using the stage switcher for rel files. It converts to a file called st_mariopast.rel.

I think this is what's causing problems. You need to specify which mushroomy kingdom right? Do you have the rel file for a conversion from FD to MKI?

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Camzy, The rel Directory.

To whoever was planning on making Brinstar Depths, it's not going to work the way you want it to unless you plan on making some serious changes to the way stage collisions work in Brawl. For it to work properly, all collisions would have to be the same, and they would behave like a floor/wall/ceiling depending on their angle.

I did some testing with an animated (rotating) box consisting of 1 of each collision type. There are teleportation glitches and collisions stop working after a certain angle. You can stand on a floor plane until it is 90º - standing on what is essentially a wall.

Top Bottom