• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I like this a lot. I've always found it strange that Brawl has no stage- or any reference, really- to the Wii and Miis. This stage looks like something that could have actually been in the game, and I like that. I look forward to trying it out.

EDIT: Where did the circle platform come from?
The whole stage comes from wii sports resort I guess O.o

Matteron

Smash Ace
I like this a lot. I've always found it strange that Brawl has no stage- or any reference, really- to the Wii and Miis. This stage looks like something that could have actually been in the game, and I like that. I look forward to trying it out.

The entire thing came from wii sports resort...I think...
Edit: Mewtwo ninja'd me!

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice

Yup, like Mewtwo_2000 and Matteron said, it comes from Wii Sports Resort, at least most of it does with a few modifications. The mystery is solved.

Expect a release today with a video.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Those Wii Sports Resort stages are awesome. I'll get'em all.

Also, I wish we could have endless stages... hahaha

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
hm. looks great! the size seems much better now for some reason...

anyway, looks fantastic. already downloaded it. if i want to use a .rel, would it be a FD one?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
It's the most recommended indeed, because if you want to use the ASL code, most stages are FDs

But BF's and Onett's would work too.

Xigger

Smash Lord

I'm halfway-done with all the collision data on this stage. Now to make the camera scroll along the stage similar to Mushroomy Kingdom.

EDIT: There is something I could use help with. Does anyone have any idea how to get the wind effect from Pokemon Stadium 2? This stage could really use it.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i think you're starting at too high of a difficulty. you should begin with a stage thats just static, and then move on to animating models.

however, if you're insistent on doing this, then i'll recommend moving the stage model through an animation rather than try to have the camera move. it'll be a long animation, but you won't have to worry about MK's camera properties and can have the stage stop at the "gun" when it ends.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Yeah, I figured as much. Couldn't find anything camera-related anyways. Moving the background and stage is simpler.

Btw, I didn't start here, this is just the first one I've gone public with.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Would certain Final Smashes (like Lucario's and Olimar's) and the Pokémon Trainer move along?

Xigger

Smash Lord
Would certain Final Smashes (like Lucario's and Olimar's) and the Pokémon Trainer move along?
Yes, as those are specified in the beginning of the match, those don't move with objects in the stage. They will stay in place according to the camera. Things stuck to the ground like Sonic's spring or Snake's mine will move with the stage.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Here are videos of Grunty's Tower, WSR Golf Hotel, and WSR Swordplay Arena. The download links for the stages are in their respective video descriptions.

Grunty's Tower: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjrmF7fLE5s
Golf Hotel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R3LhquLJMs
Swordplay Arena: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Xud7zy8Uk

Also, I discovered that Quanno on Brawlvault was able to import the WuHu island model (which I was unable to do) so I'm going to try to contact him for permission to use it for a few stage ideas that I have.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I'd really enjoy if someone vertex hack the golf club and ball outta there.

Well... actually, I think I can try it myself.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Im back Kingdom Hearts fans ^^

Sora's True Awakening

Crystal War-Scape

Sora Scape

Got rid of the railing on both stages, and also, Im going to try to get back to working on Traverse Town and the World That Never Was and update on those 2 stages since I got a lot of requests for progress on those two

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
>_<

I said WHAT is the difference. As in, if I open up each version in BrawlBox, what will I see different between them. Is there anything other than the scenedata? Because the rest of it all looks the same.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Haha, brilliant, br3compactor!

I had the craziest idea this morning, remember the Rocket battle in the Gym Leader Tower of Pokemon Stadium 2? ... Okay, now think, Bridge of Eldin, and what do you get? If you thought of a Rocket Bridge stage, you were right.

First things first though, I need to know how to remove everything but the bridge. Oh, and there's a tutorial for 3D stage making, right? Or is it pretty self-explanitory?

>_<

I said WHAT is the difference. As in, if I open up each version in BrawlBox, what will I see different between them. Is there anything other than the scenedata? Because the rest of it all looks the same.
As far as I know, pretty much. There might be some texture differences too and I think that the audience might be different in each file (I haven't looked into it). Also, there will be one with KK Slider, of course.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
The Swordfight Area stage is really awesome, but someone HAS to animate the Mii people. Also I think the platform is a little too dark, and there are numbers on the faces of the Mii people lol wtf

@TommoPuppy, you're a genius, never thought of that!

Also I was wondering... is it possible to make a stage with collisions variating slightly on rotation? I mean, like this:

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.... maybe each of those blocks can really be two blocks (like, two blocks in the same position, but one is shrunken to 0.01 scale or something so you can only see one at a time) And the block on top will have ground collisions on top and bottom and walls on the side, like usual. But the bottom one will have ground on the sides and walls on top and bottom, and these collisions will be attached to the models and everything.

So once the blocks make a ~90 degree or whatever turn, shrink the orignal block and make the shrunken one replace the big one, so now that it's been rotated 90 degrees, the top is ground and the sides are walls.

Uh... I'm not sure if I communicated that idea effectively, but I think it can work...?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I had the craziest idea this morning, remember the Rocket battle in the Gym Leader Tower of Pokemon Stadium 2? ... Okay, now think, Bridge of Eldin, and what do you get? If you thought of a Rocket Bridge stage, you were right.
Brilliant.

Also I was wondering... is it possible to make a stage with collisions variating slightly on rotation? I mean, like this:

Do you mean a single block which travels along a rounded path, tilting as if it were part of the orbit? Or are each of those red parts supposed to be separate blocks? I think you mean the first way but I need to clarify.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
The Swordfight Area stage is really awesome, but someone HAS to animate the Mii people. Also I think the platform is a little too dark, and there are numbers on the faces of the Mii people lol wtf
I was going to animate the miis but then i just got lazy. I agree the paltform is a bit to dark but i didn't know how to fix it. And i tried editing the miis faces, but when i played it in game after editing the faces, their shirts were all just white. So i thought it was better to have barely noticeable numbers rather than a bland wall of white.

Top Bottom