• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Alright, thanks. Also, do you know why the two models I added to my Starship stage don't want to be translated? They stay inside Mario's head, instead of being on each sides, scaled. Also, only one texture is showing, and it goes on all the body.
Send me the file, I'll take a quick look without using the wii. So you will test it after I make the changes xD

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
This should be it

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rviytoqojnm

Not tested though.

You forgot giving an animation to the toads, and as the bones were the same as mario's that wasn't possible, so I renamed.

Also, you had a modeldata3. It will never load from a FD. I deleted it and ported the clouds2 to modeldata101, where clouds1 were. I included the animation for clouds2 in there too.

Also, you had some texture problems. Check this tutorial, and remember, when you have some palleted textures, you have to check everything, because they could be troublesome.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9329.msg106205#msg106205

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks, also, the clouds DID appear when I added the toads. Explain this? XD.

You're my hero once again.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Rule: Only the first model animation in a stage modeldata works.

Keep that in mind ^^U

gamedan85

Smash Cadet

Need to add mountains to the BG and get rid of the fog.
Better or worse?
It would probably look better with mountains so I would give that a go. It looks like you could put more creativity into the stage after you finish adding mountains and getting rid of the fog. I don't know how I guess just be imaginative.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Hey I know this is gonna be pretty bad, but can someone test my Gamedan85 2d stage? It's not animated.... yet... here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/22nq2tmyymy/Gamedan85 Stage(STGFINAL).pac

Im gonna get better.... It's my first stage so Im starting off small.
Not tested, just seen in brawlbox. The stage won't work properly, the texture has to be 1024x1024, or 512x512.... But not 1026x708.

Just make a quick resize. The shape comes with the model, not with the texture, so when it's applied to a rectangular model, it will be rectangular. Indeed, it will look the same in brawlbox, but it will be working fine in brawl.

Also, take a look to this tutorial

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9329.0

When you understand it, you should make the main texture to be not palleted (importing it as CMPR or something) and make the model not to look for a pallete. This will increase the number of colors you can use and it will look better.

Also, if in materials1 you make AsfSoldier.0's unknown8 and unknown9 values to be 1, the texture will be smoother, and this usually looks better too.

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
Not tested, just seen in brawlbox. The stage won't work properly, the texture has to be 1024x1024, or 512x512.... But not 1026x708.

Just make a quick resize. The shape comes with the model, not with the texture, so when it's applied to a rectangular model, it will be rectangular. Indeed, it will look the same in brawlbox, but it will be working fine in brawl.

Also, take a look to this tutorial

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9329.0

When you understand it, you should make the main texture to be not palleted (importing it as CMPR or something) and make the model not to look for a pallete. This will increase the number of colors you can use and it will look better.

Also, if in materials1 you make AsfSoldier.0's unknown8 and unknown9 values to be 1, the texture will be smoother, and this usually looks better too.
Ok I saw the tutorial and it makes sense to me. Thanks for the helpful tips and I'll resize it when I can. :)

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Your point? This is Brawl. Its physics are completely different.
Was this supposed to be an answer to my post?

Just posted a pic for reference. Didn't say (type) a word.
And if I were to say, I'd say "the tree still looks a lot different from the original".

Also, kind of a harsh post, wasn't it?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Are you using Melee's scaling or the original's scaling of Dream Land 64?
In 64, it's not that big.

Edit: when it comes to blast zones anyway.

Still making progress.
I hope to have Crateria in a better state tomorrow.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Was this supposed to be an answer to my post?

Just posted a pic for reference. Didn't say (type) a word.
And if I were to say, I'd say "the tree still looks a lot different from the original".

Also, kind of a harsh post, wasn't it?
Sorry if that's how it came across; it's not how I intended it. I thought you were posting it in response to the people immediately before (who were discussing scaling).

In regards to those who are discussing scaling, keep in mind that you can't scale a stage relative to any single character. The sizes of character relative to each other have changed, so that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Are you using Melee's scaling or the original's scaling of Dream Land 64?
In 64, it's not that big.

Edit: when it comes to blast zones anyway.

Still making progress.
I hope to have Crateria in a better state tomorrow.
in 64 its longer. its more apparent when playing it.

as for the tree, its too tall right now, which is why it looks odd. this picture is just to show some progress on it. the finished version will look like it should.

Mit

Smash Ace
Any chance the platform will be more round by release? D: Or are you sticking with the octagon? And any plans to maybe make a version with just an enlarged version of the regular Green Greens platform?

Juuuust wondering. Looks great so far. Tree looks nice when scaled, and I like that the rainbow is still featured.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the platforms are rounded, actually. the textures just make it hard to see. that will be fixed when mewtwo_2000 gets me the right ones.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks Mewtwo, haha. I downloaded it, and I'm going to test to see if my stage works. (Edit: Wait, I thought it was a Mario texture o_o)

Also, EternalYoshi, may I suggest changing the textures (Resizing them) so they don't look so different? It looks odd the way it is. Nice job so far, though.

And FrozenHobo, may I suggest smaller, on both X and Z translations? Looks awesome, though.

Edit: The toads appeared, but the textures are still messed up. I'll look at your tutorial. o_o

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Here's a preview of what I'm working on.

I like this a lot. I've always found it strange that Brawl has no stage- or any reference, really- to the Wii and Miis. This stage looks like something that could have actually been in the game, and I like that. I look forward to trying it out.

EDIT: Where did the circle platform come from?

Mit

Smash Ace
Erm, sorry I mispoke. I meant the main, base platform. I looked very closely and was able to discern that your smaller platforms were in fact rounded and that's a nice touch.

Top Bottom