• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

EarthCrash

Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
I really want a good Mother stage for this one
Onett wasn't really that fun due to the cars and how it compact was with it's lack of pits
Fourside was fun but with four players it became quite to much of a mess to handle to due the pits
And New Pork City's problem was its size, period.

Last edited:

SenseiJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
bunnydrummer
3DS FC
2852-8601-4250
I was just thinking about a possible Paper Mario stage.

It would be based on the stage you battle on in Thousand Year Old Door. There would be props on the stage describing various locations from each Paper Mario game. Every now and then the curtains would close (fighters would be clearly silhouetted) and the location (background and props) would change. Paper Mario's partners would make cameo appearances at the different locations in the background.

The audience would also throw items at fighters. (good and bad)

Edit: Wow I looked up a few posts and someone had the SAME idea as me. I guess it's a pretty obvious one....
That would be the best thing ever!

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I really want a good Mother stage for this one
Onett wasn't really that fun due to the cars and how it compact was with it's lack of pits
Fourside was fun but with four players it became quite to much of a mess to handle to due the pits
And New Pork City's problem was its size, period.
I just want to see Saturn Valley from Super Smash Flash 2 recreated in in Smash 4. I don't care if it's pixel by pixel.

I rather miss Poké Floats, Fourside and Brinstar Depths. Those were three of my favorite stages in Melee, and my dreams were triple-crushed when their counterparts returned for Brawl instead. Icicle Mountain would be great, too!

EarthCrash

I rather miss Poké Floats, Fourside and Brinstar Depths. Those were three of my favorite stages in Melee, and my dreams were triple-crushed when their counterparts returned for Brawl instead. Icicle Mountain would be great, too!
I love how you mentioned those 3 stages that I don't like to play in but I love the music of. Also, I honestly believe that Icicle Mountain and it's counterpart in Brawl are not pretty good stage designs...

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I wanna see what the 3DS is getting as a Metroid stage. Personally hoping for a Metroid Fusion stage.

They could make a stage in Sector 5 around where The Nightmare battle takes place, and Nightmare can fly in from time to time and mess with the gravity.

Another location they could use would be the Central Reactor Core. It would have two phases, it start's with the power on and running, but eventually vegetation begins to grow and eventually cause the power to shut off, the vegetation could create extra platforms and walls.

Of course if they do make a fusion stage they'll just put it in Sector 3 cause that's where all the lava is, and it's just not a proper Smash game if at least one Metroid stage doesn't have rising lava :/

Trami Nguyen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6947-5372-3303
How about Kirby:kirby2: and King Dedede:dedede: are enemies and Pikachu :pikachu2:and Mewtwo :mewtwopm:are enemies?

Last edited:

EarthCrash

What about Pikachu's arch-rival, Mewtwo returns from Super Smash Bros 4 for Wii U and 3DS? :mewtwopm:
This isn't really on topic with the thread, but I kind of don't want Metwo returning just because of the fanboys who are refusing to buy the game just because he isn't there....

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If Mewtwo returns, it would be nice to have Cerulean Cave as a stage. I doubt that Cerulean Cave would be a stage though.

I would like a stage where N's Battle Theme from Pokemon Black and White would be one of the song selections. Maybe have an Unova location as a stage so not everything is Kalos.

As a random note to the off-topicness of the last few posts, I would be disappointed if Mewtwo didn't return, but I would still buy the game. However, that discussion should be in the Mewtwo thread. >.>

Last edited:

Trami Nguyen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6947-5372-3303
If Mewtwo returns, it would be nice to have Cerulean Cave as a stage. I doubt that Cerulean Cave would be a stage though.

I would like a stage where N's Battle Theme from Pokemon Black and White would be one of the song selections. Maybe have an Unova location as a stage so not everything is Kalos.

As a random note to the off-topicness of the last few posts, I would be disappointed if Mewtwo didn't return, but I would still buy the game. >_>
Mewtwo hates Pikachu or not?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If I had to guess past stages:

Wii U:
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town
Frigate Orpheon
Pirate Ship
Green Hill Zone

3DS:
Pokemon Stadium
Pictochat
Skyworld
New Pork City
Hanenbow

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
If I had to guess past stages:

Wii U:
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town
Frigate Orpheon
Pirate Ship
Green Hill Zone

3DS:
Pokemon Stadium
Pictochat
Skyworld
New Pork City
Hanenbow
I personally cant see new pork city on the 3ds seems to big for it.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Have one player on either side of a Final Destination, and they are extremely tiny.

Have one on either side of New Pork City, and they will look like 3 pixels on eachother. I doubt New Pork City would work on the 3DS. :p
Unless, on big stages, it didn't zoom out that much to have all players on screen. Would be neat to get far away from a player so that they won't know what you are doing.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Hoping for Phendrana Drifts as a Metroid stage for Wii U. Or something organic at least. Away from all this interior 'space base' theme and something beautiful that Retro has done. :distantplanet:

Heck, even Skytown would be a good FD style stage and/or a traveling stage.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was just listening to an 8 bit remix of a modern game song on YouTube.

What if we had a nes themed stage, but the music played on it was 8 bit remixes of modern songs.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I just want to see Saturn Valley from Super Smash Flash 2 recreated in in Smash 4. I don't care if it's pixel by pixel.
My favourite SSF2 stage was the Temple of Time. So simple, yet kind of unique. Sadly, it was only in game briefly.

I was just listening to an 8 bit remix of a modern game song on YouTube.
What if we had a nes themed stage, but the music played on it was 8 bit remixes of modern songs.
I would prefer NES/DMG sounds to straight 8-bit but both would be good.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I personally cant see new pork city on the 3ds seems to big for it.
It's a safe bet that there's going to be at least one large stage on the 3DS, and looking at Smash Run, it can probably handle it.

New Pork City was originally from a handheld game, so there's a good chance of it showing up despite people's protests.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
It's a safe bet that there's going to be at least one large stage on the 3DS, and looking at Smash Run, it can probably handle it.

New Pork City was originally from a handheld game, so there's a good chance of it showing up despite people's protests.
The difference between New Pork and Smash Run is that Smash Run doesn't zoom out. If New Pork happens to zoom out on a vanilla 3DS screen (like mine), then good luck trying to find where the hell you're at.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The difference between New Pork and Smash Run is that Smash Run doesn't zoom out. If New Pork happens to zoom out on a vanilla 3DS screen (like mine), then good luck trying to find where the hell you're at.
Looking at Palutena's Temple, I would think the Wii U version would have the same issue, and it doesn't have the option of Cell Shading or potentially everyone having their own screen to look at. Either way it's just a prediction of mine and is a stage that I'd like to see return for either version for lulz.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
In terms of retro-style stages returning, I would imminently desire Fourside any day over New Pork City. But if New Pork City were to reappear, I can still blissfully enjoy Porky's Theme and Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise (assuming those are the two specific tracks included for this stage).

I cannot remember, but is the Fourside theme song from Melee even in Brawl's soundtrack?

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
So, many of you have probably already seen D1's video montage about banned stage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz96eSYdFvc
But I was wondering why he considered the Mario Galaxy stage would be among the banned one? It doesn't seem to have any random threat in it to make that call. Was he too quick to judge?

On a side note, I consider the reason a stage should be banned when it has
-Random threat attacking the players at unpredictable times
-design that would favor certain kind of characters, like for example, hit and run tactics for fast characters.
-unpredictable platforms that can result luck save or luck death.

Going by this, wouldn't the Megaman level actually be potentially considered Legal; despite the Yellow Devil? Sure, it has a boss, but all of his move are predicatble, he is not a random threat, but seems like a bas whose every moves, strength and health can easily be read, studied and therefore be easily predictable.

In this case, he can actually be used tactically. And you can't blame luck on it. It might make for a interesting kind of fights I am not seeing that stage being used in a final of a tournament, but It could be used in elimination pools.

Same with the platform of this stage, they seems to have predictable pattern too.

Am I wrong thinking that the only kind of stage that should be banned are the one with element of Luck/Randomness (or design flaw for balanced fights)?

LunethF

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luneth
3DS FC
5327-1175-2830
So, many of you have probably already seen D1's video montage about banned stage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz96eSYdFvc
But I was wondering why he considered the Mario Galaxy stage would be among the banned one? It doesn't seem to have any random threat in it to make that call. Was he too quick to judge?

Am I wrong thinking that the only kind of stage that should be banned are the one with element of Luck/Randomness (or design flaw for balanced fights)?
The Mario Galaxy stage has a gravity gimmick which changes the physics of the game. Regarding your last statement, you aren't wrong, but a lot of players are extremely picky when it comes down to what is skill and what is not. Playing with items on could arguably be a test of skill; being able to handle the additional elements in the game. The majority of people would rather have the game be solely between the two players; free from obstacles that can potentially kill them which would ruin the battle between the two people. This is just how it is and while the Yellow Devil might be scripted to act in a predictable way, it would just be so different from every other legal stage.

Just imagine the butthurt when someone loses SSB4 finals to a stage hazard.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
The Mario Galaxy stage...changes the physics of the game
Technically it doesn't, as it takes a horizontal stage and just bends it a little. The physics stay the same, they're just presented slightly differently.

The real reason is probably because it has a walk-off.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
In terms of retro-style stages returning, I would imminently desire Fourside any day over New Pork City. But if New Pork City were to reappear, I can still blissfully enjoy Porky's Theme and Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise (assuming those are the two specific tracks included for this stage).

I cannot remember, but is the Fourside theme song from Melee even in Brawl's soundtrack?
Even if New Pork were to be gone, there's still a chance for those songs to be still in the game, my music includes Brawl's soundtracks alongside the new ones this time around.

EarthCrash

Well the Plus side that if a certain stage is banned they can always play the FD version so technically this will be the first Smash Game where none of the stages will be banned most likely...

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Well the Plus side that if a certain stage is banned they can always play the FD version so technically this will be the first Smash Game where none of the stages will be banned most likely...
The problem with Final Destination, to me atleast, is that there's no platforms, which means people can spam. Battlefield is really the most neutral stage.

EarthCrash

The problem with Final Destination, to me atleast, is that there's no platforms, which means people can spam. Battlefield is really the most neutral stage.
I know that, I got annoyed that it's only FD instead of Battlefield for that reason, but since that was the only thing people wanted to play online in Brawl (either that or temple, which made the lag even worse for me), Sakurai tried his best to resolved that issue by making For Fun and for Glory....

Top Bottom