• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was just thinking about a possible Paper Mario stage.

It would be based on the stage you battle on in Thousand Year Old Door. There would be props on the stage describing various locations from each Paper Mario game. Every now and then the curtains would close (fighters would be clearly silhouetted) and the location (background and props) would change. Paper Mario's partners would make cameo appearances at the different locations in the background.

The audience would also throw items at fighters. (good and bad)

Edit: Wow I looked up a few posts and someone had the SAME idea as me. I guess it's a pretty obvious one....

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

It would be based on the stage you battle on in Thousand Year Old Door. There would be props on the stage describing various locations from each Paper Mario game. Every now and then the curtains would close (fighters would be clearly silhouetted) and the location (background and props) would change. Paper Mario's partners would make cameo appearances at the different locations in the background.

Edit: Wow I looked up a few posts and someone had the SAME idea as me. I guess it's a pretty obvious one....
yeah the more and more I think about it, the more I think it would be likely like the possibilities are infinite

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Just thought I'd share this here.

It's a GameXplain comparison of Temple and New Pork to Palutena's Temple.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
It's a shame, BUT I still think that it will be more fun to play than NPC.
Yeah I get a totally different feel from it. Size aside. It just looks like it will be easier to get around in it, OR at least more interesting to stick in one area for a good while.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Each of the games just need a ridculiously huge stage among it's roster. Though this one definitely outsized them all.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am excited by all of the stages. I am still waiting on Bowser's Castle though.

Anyways, I have been wondering about what stages will be chosen for the MOTHER, Ice Climbers, MGW, and R.O.B. series for both the Wii U and 3DS. I have a feeling they might be the same...maybe except for MOTHER.

As well, I wonder what stage they will go with for the Sonic, Megaman, Pikmin, Wii Fit, and Metroid stage on the 3DS.

I really want to see Bowser's Castle, Mario Party, Mario and Sonic Olympics, Twilight Palace, a quiet and peaceful Ice Climbers stage, Sunset Beach, Katina (Star Fox), and Guar Plains as stages.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only stage I really want is Bowser World from Super Mario 3D World. But I doubt we'll get that.

Palutena's Temple looks amazingly fun though. Banned from tournaments for sure, but it will be a lot of fun online in For Fun or With Friends, and even more so locally.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Maybe game speed figures into how big Palutena's Temple "feels" though. I mean, if we're moving around faster and less floaty-like, it would be less of a chore to get around a larger stage right?

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
The thing about Palutena's Temple that makes it better than the two other big stages in the previous 2 games (despite being bigger) is the fact that there's more pits. There's like a brige in the middle of the stage, which I's breakable, and that separates the 2 halves of the stage. It's more like 2 stages mashed into one, rather than a giant stage.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So we just got a handheld Pokemon stage on Wii U. This makes me want a Fire Emblem Awakening stage on Wii U so we have an excuse to listen to its music on a home console.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So we just got a handheld Pokemon stage on Wii U. This makes me want a Fire Emblem Awakening stage on Wii U so we have an excuse to listen to its music on a home console.
lol I completely forgot that dragonnair chamber was on wiiu which leads me to think: does a series primary on hand held can be on wiiu? like pokemon has game on home console but not on the main series so it's weird.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

If Paper Mario is playable then you got to have the tattle 'codec' on that stage! If he isn't then just make Mario the trigger. All would be good! I just want tattling!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I want a new PokéFloats. One with actual grabbable edges. That was what annoyed me the most about the first one. :/ so... slippery.

Also, I want a Pokémon stage that will teleport you to Random areas. There's one area for every Pokémon Type, with great variation. Examples

Water: you battle on the seafloor, in the sand. A completely flat, walk-off section. Every now and then, Wailord will swim above the figheters. It's gigantic, and will create a temporaty roof that will Bounce you back if you gets sent flying. There's also plenty of Water Pokémon in the background.

Dragon: you battle on a Final Destination-like Tower, and in the background, there will be a random Dragon Pokémon, attacking like Dialga nad Palkia did. The Pokémon will be: Rayquaza, Giratina, Zekrom, Kyurem, or Zygard. They each have a number of attacks, like Rayquaza flying across the screen like his Boss battle, Giratina creating a reversed World where the characters' % is temporarily switched, and Kyurem creating pillars of Ice, acting like walls.

Grass: A Battlefield-sized floating platform with trees and bushes, and with a giant tree acting like a huge platform above the main one. Grass Pokémon will move around the background. No hazards.

Ice: you are batteling on a small section on a icy cliffside a top of a giant mountain. Above you there hangs a gigantic Icicle. After a while, that Icicle will fall, destroying the platform and forcing you to battle on top of the falling icicle. Bergmite will sometimes dig themselves out of the icicle, acting like Spikes from Mario. Avalugg will at times do the same, but acting like moving platforms instead. And Articuno will sometimes show up, causing a windy snowstorm.

Rock: you start at the foot of a mountain, and the stage will slowly scroll, forcing you to walk up the mountain. Which means you will battle on a very angled battlefield, until you get to the top. Then after a short battle at a flat top, you will walk down the mountain again, creating a angle in the other direction. Onix will at times burst through the rocks, creating a wall. You have to attack it to force it down again, or you will eventually get pushed off stage. Other Rock Pokémon will appear in the background.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman

LOL I was just talking to my friend about the possibility about Paper Mario and he was talking about the possible stage.
I love this idea but it seems really unlikely that there is going to be any Mario RPG representation of any kind.
Maybe a Dream Team representation on the 3DS would be cool. A stage based on the Luigi's dream world would be amazing.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It really really annoys me that the Mario RPGs always get the shaft when it comes to these games. It's the same with Mario Kart.

They're pretty much the only Mario games with any characters/locations I care about.

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
I think Flipside from Super Paper Mario would be a cool stage. I'm not sure exactly what would happen on it, I just really like the location :p

No Control

Smash Apprentice
Which franchises do people think will get (original, not counting retro) stages on both versions? I reckon:

Both
Super Mario (Confirmed)
The Legend of Zelda (Confirmed)
Pokemon (Confirmed)
Kid Icarus (Confirmed)
Animal Crossing (Confirmed)
Punch-Out!! (Confirmed)
Donkey Kong
Star Fox
Kirby
Metroid
F-Zero
Mother
Fire Emblem
Mega Man
Sonic the Hedgehog

Wii U Only
Pikmin
Pilotwings
WarioWare
Ice Climber

3DS Only
Nintendogs
Balloon Fight
Yoshi's Island
Game & Watch

Last edited:

bobadz

Smash Ace
I was thinking the Elite Four could send out their Pokemon to fight you.
I thought that as well, but Yveltal is nowhere to be seen so far. I could be wrong and he's just a poke ball pokemon. I still think that that stage will have a boss.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
It really really annoys me that the Mario RPGs always get the shaft when it comes to these games. It's the same with Mario Kart.

They're pretty much the only Mario games with any characters/locations I care about.
what do u mean mario kart has a stage Rainbow road. I do agree when it comes to the rpgs though.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
If Paper Mario is an actual characetr (and represents his own franchise a la Yoshi and Wario) I could see there being a PM64/TTYD/SPM stage on Wii U and a Sticker Star stage on 3DS

More likely we'd get a Paper Mario stage on Wii U and a Mario & Luigi stage on 3DS though, if even that.

Staarih

Smash Master
So, how many more stages do you think will be shared between the versions? I'm thinking at least an Ice Climbers stage and G&W stage will be the same in both versions, because like the Boxing Ring from Punch-Out, these games have little to choose from. I also predict a Pokémon Stadium 3 which will be the same for both versions, while the other two Pokémon-stages will be version exclusives.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
So, how many more stages do you think will be shared between the versions? I'm thinking at least an Ice Climbers stage and G&W stage will be the same in both versions, because like the Boxing Ring from Punch-Out, these games have little to choose from. I also predict a Pokémon Stadium 3 which will be the same for both versions, while the other two Pokémon-stages will be version exclusives.
Sounds about right to me. I agree any series with only one rep will have a mutual stage.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I also predict a Pokémon Stadium 3 which will be the same for both versions, while the other two Pokémon-stages will be version exclusives.
I can see that for Pokemon. Lumiose City for 3DS and Elite Four for Wii U.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Which franchises do people think will get (original, not counting retro) stages on both versions? I reckon:

Both
Super Mario (Confirmed)
The Legend of Zelda (Confirmed)
Pokemon (Confirmed)
Kid Icarus (Confirmed)
Animal Crossing (Confirmed)
Punch-Out!! (Confirmed)
Donkey Kong
Star Fox
Kirby
Metroid
F-Zero
Mother
Fire Emblem
Mega Man
Sonic the Hedgehog

Wii U Only
Pikmin
Pilotwings
WarioWare
Ice Climber

3DS Only
Nintendogs
Balloon Fight
Yoshi's Island
Game & Watch
From those franchises, I predict at least Donkey Kong and Kirby to get a stage on both consoles, too. They appear to be the most deserving from the bunch.

If we're lucky, a Sonic stage could appear on 3DS, too. I think it's unlikely, though.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
To be honest, here's the only franchises that I personally think will have shared stages:
-Punch Out
-Ice Climbers
-Wii Fit
-MAYBE third-partys

Every other franchises that has a character rep (besides maybe ROB) will have different stages on both versions. We have Pokemn stages on both versions, so why can't we have a Pikmin arena for 3DS? The only reasons why I think the above will have shared stages is because it's hard to come up more than one stage for them. Except for third-parties, but that's relying on how much they can rep in the games.

Also, having a Warioware stage only for wii version is kinda dumb, I'm pretty sure there's more handheld wariowares than there are console wariowares.

Last edited:

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
3DS will probably just have Windy Hill because Lost World was also on the 3DS. A Rush/Rush Adventure stage would be cool but I don't really see it happening. Maybe Tropical Resort or Planet Wisp since Colours was also on the DS

Or they could go for the laziest option and just port GHZ from Brawl, though I don't really see any Brawl stages appearing in the 3DS version, since that would mean the loss of multiple music tracks

Last edited:
Top Bottom