• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
That'd be a cool pokemon stadium level for the 3DS version. I'd love it too cause I really want some gen 5 stage representation.

peachy!

super princess
I really want a new Princess Peach's Castle, ala Castle Siege. Start on the roof, like in Melee, and then end up inside the castle.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm sorry, I've been holding out for so long and just need to say this: I'm kinda meh on how skyloft looks. I understand that it was ripped from a Wii game and it has its own art style, but the least they could do is amp up some textures, they're actually quite ugly, so much so that IMO, halberd, a returning Brawl stage, looks better.

Not hating, I loved Skyward Sword, but this stage deserves a graphical overhaul.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm sorry, I've been holding out for so long and just need to say this: I'm kinda meh on how skyloft looks. I understand that it was ripped from a Wii game and it has its own art style, but the least they could do is amp up some textures, they're actually quite ugly, so much so that IMO, halberd, a returning Brawl stage, looks better.

Not hating, I loved Skyward Sword, but this stage deserves a graphical overhaul.
there is a difference from the original version of skyloft when you compare screenshots

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So with the chuckload amount of confirmed stages now, I'm now wondering what stages they've created left for other reps that don't have their own stages revealed yet. Here's my thoughts on the top of my head:

- Yoshi: Most likely another Yoshi's Island stage. If otherwise... nope, probably Yoshi's Island again. Either utilising the 2.5D style of Yoshi's New Island on 3DS, or a returning stage.

- DK: Jungle Japes confirmed to return a second time on 3DS, meaning there'll be a new DKC stage on the Wii U. It will probably be inspired by the most recent DKCR/Tropical Freeze games, but if we're really lucky, it could be based on the SNES trilogy. But that's unlikely given the circumstances.

- Samus: Pyrosphere's there for Wii U, and given Samus has had very little presence on handheld consoles, it may probably be a returning stage. However, seeing the recently revealed Balloon Fight stage sporting a retro look, another option they had was making a retro Metroid stage on 3DS. That'd be cool to see.

- Kirby: Halberd returns on the Wii U, but no new Kirby stages confirmed. I've played very little of Kirby, but I imagine his stage on 3DS being inspired by the recent Triple Deluxe game. If not that, then it could be inspired by earlier Kirby handhelds. (Canvas Curse, Super Star Ultra, etc.)

- Fox: No idea. Since SSBB, the only game he appeared in was Starfox 64 3D, and that's a remake. The only option I have for him is a returning stage. Unless he's got a game in the works right now, he dosen't have much options.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Has anyone noticed how huge Palutena's Temple is, and how you can spread out like crazy. This stage is even bigger than Melee's Temple.
Imagery.jpg

In the yellow and red circles, you can see 2 fighter fighting each other. In the Yellow, its Villager and Toon Link, and in the Red, its Sonic and Pit. This stage is going to be crazy....

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Indeed. It is a huge stage. But I feel I will like it more than the Earthbound stage from Brawl already. XD

_Sheik

Smash Lord
No wonder, since New Pork City sucks. #truefact #objectivity

If I get the chance to afford Kirby: Triple: Deluxe soon, I'll quickly be able to tell which location would fit best as a stage in Smash.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I wonder if Medusa will be a boss/hazard in Palutena's Temple. Have her appear in the background and have an event where the Underworld Army attacks players.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I wonder if Medusa will be a boss/hazard in Palutena's Temple. Have her appear in the background and have an event where the Underworld Army attacks players.
ehhh I don't think a boss would be ok for a stage like Paultena's Temple. Wily's Castle and Pyrosphere are fire since those stages are simple in context. I mean, Palutena's Temple is simple in context, but it is waaaay too big for a boss
...not as big a ridley, though

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
ehhh I don't think a boss would be ok for a stage like Paultena's Temple. Wily's Castle and Pyrosphere are fire since those stages are simple in context. I mean, Palutena's Temple is simple in context, but it is waaaay too big for a boss
...not as big a ridley, though
On the contrary, there should be a small Underworld Army appearing. I hate runners (Like my cousin) and some Kid Icarus Baddies would set him straight.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Anyone else not really feeling a lot of these stages? I like most of the Wii U catalogue in terms of design and layout, but the location picks, by and large, don't really do it for me. I'd really like to see some stages from older games. We've seen two stages from Pokémon X/Y but nothing from the Generation V games (which are my favorites). There are a lot of great locations that are seemingly being skipped over in favor of locations from more recent games. We've gotten some evidently great stages from this (Pyrosphere, Pokémon League), but I'd really like to see stages from other games, like Metroid Prime 3 or Pokémon Black/White.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
No wonder, since New Pork City sucks. #truefact #objectivity

If I get the chance to afford Kirby: Triple: Deluxe soon, I'll quickly be able to tell which location would fit best as a stage in Smash.
New Pork City was my favorite stage :c

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Windy Hill is quite an unorthodox stage, but I've really grown to like it. The platform placement is interesting, and those springs near the ledges are constantly spinning, so it can either help your recovery or kill you.
I am curious for people's opinions on this stages' legality. It's fairly unobtrusive while lacking obvious malicious hazards. It's quite large and gives lots of freedom so I imagine Link (and other projectile dependant characters) would benefit greatly with this as a counterpick.

Princess Daisy

Smash Rookie
If pac man does get into the game, a maze stage with ghosts as hazards would be cool, also cherries and other fruits will appear sometimes

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping we see more the E4 stage soon. It looks gorgeous, and while I wouldn't have minded Pokémon Stadium 3, the change of pace is still preferable.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'd honestly be pretty content if Fountain of Dreams were the only returning stage. I love that place. Delfino Plaza wouldn't hurt, either.

However, part of me really wants to see either Mario stage from Smash 64 return. Mushroom Kingdom has a very fun layout, and Peach's Castle is so simple that I found it quite charming, especially for casual matches. Finally, Kongo Jungle from Melee was always a better stage than Jungle Japes, and I wish they'd bring it back already.

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
WarioWare, Rainbow Cruise, Poké Floats. I prefer hectic stages with random elements, or stages that are always moving and shifting. Stages like these can force players to adapt their tactics, either to take advantage or minimize a disadvantage of a new situation. In my opinion being able to adapt like that is just as important an indicator of a player's skill as their mastery of whichever character they're using.

Too bad the Competitive scene doesn't recognize this...

ryuu seika

Smash Master
WarioWare was stupidly gimmicky IMO but Rainbow Cruise was a brilliant representation of its game and a great stage to boot. Poke Floats was a little out there but it was seriously fun to play on and, IIRC, it was technically tournament legal, albeit only in one small part of Canada or somewhere.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So with the chuckload amount of confirmed stages now, I'm now wondering what stages they've created left for other reps that don't have their own stages revealed yet. Here's my thoughts on the top of my head:

- Yoshi: Most likely another Yoshi's Island stage. If otherwise... nope, probably Yoshi's Island again. Either utilising the 2.5D style of Yoshi's New Island on 3DS, or a returning stage.

- DK: Jungle Japes confirmed to return a second time on 3DS, meaning there'll be a new DKC stage on the Wii U. It will probably be inspired by the most recent DKCR/Tropical Freeze games, but if we're really lucky, it could be based on the SNES trilogy. But that's unlikely given the circumstances.

- Samus: Pyrosphere's there for Wii U, and given Samus has had very little presence on handheld consoles, it may probably be a returning stage. However, seeing the recently revealed Balloon Fight stage sporting a retro look, another option they had was making a retro Metroid stage on 3DS. That'd be cool to see.

- Kirby: Halberd returns on the Wii U, but no new Kirby stages confirmed. I've played very little of Kirby, but I imagine his stage on 3DS being inspired by the recent Triple Deluxe game. If not that, then it could be inspired by earlier Kirby handhelds. (Canvas Curse, Super Star Ultra, etc.)

- Fox: No idea. Since SSBB, the only game he appeared in was Starfox 64 3D, and that's a remake. The only option I have for him is a returning stage. Unless he's got a game in the works right now, he dosen't have much options.
Wait, are you considering returning stages would represent a series without the need of any new stages? I can almost assure you that won't happen. We're going to get a DKCR stage on 3DS because that game released just a few months back, and we'll get a Kirby returns to dreamland stage on Wii U, which is pretty obvious considering Kirby's final smash.

slicesabre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2621-2933-2738
I wonder what sort of Fire Emblem based stage could we expect for the Wii U version?
I can't think of a particular stage however I can think of something they may be in it.

Such as taking from the Awakening game and having various classes of Risen appears and attacking the players.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
I have some ideas for stages:
1.Grima, for the 3DS: A stage based on the last chapter of Fire Emblem Awakening, fighting atop Grima with risen attacking.
2.Stage, for Wii U: A stage based on Paper Mario games, like in TTYD you fight in a stage that changes everytime the curtain closes, so you fight in different locations from the Paper Mario series. There´s a crowd that throws itmes to you.
3.Baby Bowser's Castle, fro Wii U: Based on the final battle on Yoshi's Island with a giant Baby Bowser attacking from the background and Kamek using his magic to change the battle (making some grow, giving temporary invincibility, making items appear, etc)
4.Shadow Alley, for Wii U:A simple stage based on the level with the same name, you just see the shadows of the fighters.
5.Mario's Clash for 3DS: Based on the Mario's Clash game for the Virtual Boy

Hope you like it :4diddy:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I have some ideas for stages:
1.Grima, for the 3DS: A stage based on the last chapter of Fire Emblem Awakening, fighting atop Grima with risen attacking.
2.Stage, for Wii U: A stage based on Paper Mario games, like in TTYD you fight in a stage that changes everytime the curtain closes, so you fight in different locations from the Paper Mario series. There´s a crowd that throws itmes to you.
3.Baby Bowser's Castle, fro Wii U: Based on the final battle on Yoshi's Island with a giant Baby Bowser attacking from the background and Kamek using his magic to change the battle (making some grow, giving temporary invincibility, making items appear, etc)
4.Shadow Alley, for Wii U:A simple stage based on the level with the same name, you just see the shadows of the fighters.
5.Mario's Clash for 3DS: Based on the Mario's Clash game for the Virtual Boy

Hope you like it :4diddy:
I heard so much about TTYD stages that I just want it like seriously I really want one PLEASE THAT WOULDBE AWESOME.

Top Bottom