• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
the Smash Youtube is down! could be just me though!
The Smash Youtube channel has always redirected to Nintendo's official Youtube page, if that's what you mean. I can't see anything different about it right now at least.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I like how literally nothing changed and you all still changed your minds about Diddy Kong.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Well, it appears the NeoGAF quip (not sure exactly if that counts as a leak or rumor) about the Target preorder thingies have been proved true. Which means that, judging by the surroundings regarding them, we're getting SM4SH before the end of Summer. There was the.leak about the Spring release date that was denied by Nintendo, and if I'm not mistaken there was one about a Summer release too, so unless they've been deconfirmed by other contradictions, we may want to find them in this thread and give them a second glance, perhaps.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Well, it appears the NeoGAF quip (not sure exactly if that counts as a leak or rumor) about the Target preorder thingies have been proved true. Which means that, judging by the surroundings regarding them, we're getting SM4SH before the end of Summer. There was the.leak about the Spring release date that was denied by Nintendo, and if I'm not mistaken there was one about a Summer release too, so unless they've been deconfirmed by other contradictions, we may want to find them in this thread and give them a second glance, perhaps.
I thought this too, but I couldnt find a rumor stating Smash would be out in the summer. I'm positive I read one though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You know... IF they do confirm a Diddy & Dixie team for SSB4, I hope they also confirm Diddy and Dixie as characters for Mario Kart 8. I always wanted to play as Dixie Kong in a Mario Kart game.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Diddy may not be revealed at the direct but maybe randomly he will afterwards. Sakurai avoided a pokemon reveal during X/Y and he may do the same here by not revealing Diddy right away. Even though I'm anticipating Dixie it might be palutena for whatever reason.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You know... IF they do confirm a Diddy & Dixie team for SSB4, I hope they also confirm Diddy and Dixie as characters for Mario Kart 8. I always wanted to play as Dixie Kong in a Mario Kart game.
There's also this "Nintendo Kart" Idea floating around... fueled by Kirby in that Rosalina trailer.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Any newcomer could be revealed today, really. I mean, Rosalina didn't any special reason for her reveal. Neither did the Wii Fit Trainer. So, while these ideas about Diddy being revealed or whatever are good, they may not happen.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
If it's coming out spring/summer, might want to keep an eye out on the crappier looking rumors like Betternets. Might be legit.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If it's coming out spring/summer, might want to keep an eye out on the crappier looking rumors like Betternets. Might be legit.
We sometimes forget the production time on this game was much longer than the production time on Brawl. It's truly coming out that fast doesn't mean the ''crappier" leaks are the more likely to be legit ones.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well basically:
  • Sabure Prince was one of the two retro newcomers.
  • Dixie Kong was a newcomer.
  • Eevee Trainer of Glaceon, Slyveon, and Leafeon is a newcomer.
  • Little Mac was a newcomer.
  • Lucas, Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, Captain Falcon return
That's basically the summary of the leak. Though it's making me somewhat skeptical that Dixie is on her own if that's what it says here.
Don't know why anyone would doubt Mr.Game & Watch, Captain Falcon, or the Ice Climbers. Don't get me started on why doubting Yoshi would be kind of foolish. Dixie Kong does seem kind of obvious though, the same could be said of Little Mac. My biggest doubts are with the Eevee trainer itself. Something about it seems a little off. But I suppose I'll have to wait and see.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

It's from NeoGaf.They don't take fake stuff over there lightly
Preorders aren't leaks/rumors and stop treating them as such. I could have preordered Smash LONG before these have shown up (but I don't preorder games that don't have an official release date).

But on topic, I have a STRONG bet a crap load of leaks die by the end of the day like these four.

Whit

Smash Journeyman

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
That fake looks like a drawing. Instantly debunked. Don't even need to search other sites for the source image because it looks so bad.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait to see the reactions for the real roster. I swear some people are going to have full on mental breakdowns with how they are acting in here. So glad I got Mega Man, I can just sit back and watch the fun.

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11

It's from NeoGaf.They don't take fake stuff over there lightly
I've got a similar pic. Guy at target said these cards come in about a month and a half before the game come out. Obviously MK8 is May-ish. Still it's encouraging.

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Preorders aren't leaks/rumors and stop treating them as such. I could have preordered Smash LONG before these have shown up (but I don't preorder games that don't have an official release date).

But on topic, I have a STRONG bet a crap load of leaks die by the end of the day like these four.
Though in this case, didn't someone say Target only puts those cards out when the game is coming out within a certain amount of time?

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
I've got a similar pic. Guy at target said these cards come in about a month and a half before the game come out. Obviously MK8 is May-ish. Still it's encouraging.
watch dogs has a target preorder card for about 7 months now... I wouldn't count on these cards revealing a release season... Also too whoever said they were usually $5, I've only seen them for $1.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
watch dogs has a target preorder card for about 7 months now... I wouldn't count on these cards revealing a release season... Also too whoever said they were usually $5, I've only seen them for $1.
Don't really care about the card thing, but watch dog was delayed.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
I know everybody is getting hype for the direct so this will probably be considered off topic, but do you think that newcomer mentioned in the GaeozHero Leak (assuming for a bit that it's accurate) that uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle items to fight could be Lip? Also supported by the Lip's stick item mention and that she's a favorite of Sakurai.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I know everybody is getting hype for the direct so this will probably be considered off topic, but do you think that newcomer mentioned in the GaeozHero Leak (assuming for a bit that it's accurate) that uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle items to fight could be Lip? Also supported by the Lip's stick item mention and that she's a favorite of Sakurai.
Actually, we're really off-topic.
But I dunno. If anything, wouldn't it be Panel De Pon blocks?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I think leaks will get killed tonight. It's gotta be Palutena or Diddy and Dixi because of Sakurai saying "Tomorrow is Valentine's Day...and the day the new Nintendo Direct airs!" I think there is a reason he mentions the fact that they land on the same day.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
So the expected reveals are:
1: Diddy/Dixie
2: Nana & Popo (I cant believe no one brought them up....)
3. Plateuna

Maybe we'll get all three or something entirely new. Heck it could be Shulk and Fiora for all we know. I'll just wait and see....and then promptly change my pants (maybe even my shirt), because whomever is revealed I'll be happy.

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
So the expected new comers are:
1: Diddy/Dixie
2: Nana & Popo (I cant believe no one brought them up....)
3. Plateuna

Maybe we'll get all three or something entirely new. Heck it could be Shulk and Fiora for all we know. I'll just wait and see....and then promptly change my pants (maybe even my shirt), because whomever is revealed I'll be happy.
Because the Ice Climbers aren't newcomers, they're veterans...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ice Climbers would definitely not kill the hype of a Nintendo Direct. Nope. :troll:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'd generally would be surprised if both Diddy & Dixie Kong and Palutena are revealed at the same time on today's Direct, but I doubt it.

Anyways, getting back on topic, any new leaks lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom