• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Actually, we're really off-topic.
But I dunno. If anything, wouldn't it be Panel De Pon blocks?
That's what you would think, but Panel de Pon was rereleased as Tetris Attack (with Mario characters instead of Lip) everywhere else but Japan.

Also visually there's not that much difference between a group of Panel de Pon blocks and a Tetris Block. Somebody could easily mistake the two unless informed otherwise. If the guy knew that a character uses Panel de Pon blocks rather than Tetris blocks then he definitely would have mentioned Lip's possible inclusion in the leak seeing as that pretty much narrows down the possible characters to one.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'd generally would be surprised if both Diddy & Dixie Kong and Palutena are revealed at the same time on today's Direct, but I doubt it.

Anyways, getting back on topic, any new leaks lately?
But seriously, no.

What I'm confused. Dang European time got me confused. It's 2:00 where I am.
Then it starts at 5:00 for you.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Please get back on-topic. This is for rumors and leaks discussions only.

If there aren't any leaks or rumors, simply don't post here. This thread has been derailed enough times already.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
june release date come onnnnnn.

I actually kinda think that Target wouldn't have those cards if the game were coming out Q4

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's what you would think, but Panel de Pon was rereleased as Tetris Attack (with Mario characters instead of Lip) everywhere else but Japan.

Also visually there's not that much difference between a group of Panel de Pon blocks and a Tetris Block. Somebody could easily mistake the two unless informed otherwise. If the guy knew that a character uses Panel de Pon blocks rather than Tetris blocks then he definitely would have mentioned Lip's possible inclusion in the leak seeing as that pretty much narrows down the possible characters to one.
That shouldn't make a difference though. Unless he was mistaken. There's no way he could've confused Panel De Pon blocks for Tetris.
And I understand the Tetris Attack. But if he knows who Lip is then he should know that this and Tetris aren't the same game.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
So do we not have any live leaks pertaining to Smash info in an upcoming Direcy?. I did not see any in the op.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The Palutena leak seems less and less likely to me. Mario looks off to me...
Bro, you can't even try to start with this. We've proven and disproven so many things. XD

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Still, if the rumor seems to at the character being a girl, then I might quite be sure this might be referring at Lip, unless Sakurai's so going to make this Super Bash Sisters, he has to even make a Tetris-rep which is a female.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Does it break the rules to make a general hype thread?
There's the Nintendo Direct and the Social threads for that.

So do we not have any live leaks pertaining to Smash info in an upcoming Direcy?. I did not see any in the op.
There are some 4chan "leaks" about this direct, though they have been buried under the off-topic mess this is becoming.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman

There are some 4chan "leaks" about this direct, though they have been buried under the off-topic mess this is becoming.

The only one I vaguely remember is the one mentioning the year of the Yoshi and the reveal of a revamped Yoshi. But seeing the time length of the direct they would need alot of filler imo for it to be true.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Oh.
I kind of already made a general hype thread for people to express and relieve their hype so they won't derail other threads like this.
If it breaks a specific rule, could you go ahead and lock it for me?
Sorry.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm just saying. I think it's true! It's just me and like 2 others I know in real life! Okay? And I can't just say something that seems off to me because you want Palutena that much?
Oh, no, I didn't mean anything by it. I was just saying that no matter what is said about the Lady Palutena leak, it's been said before.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
No. It starts at the same time for everyone, just the clocks are different because of the Earth's rotation and the sun shining in different spots.
So it starts I. 3 hours for everyone, no matter the time zone.
I guess time moves differently in his zone ;)

Okay but seriously shouldn't we talk about the leak that said Diddy wouldn't be revealed today? I can't find that leak, what else did he say? It's actually something on topic we can discuss haha

Whit

Smash Journeyman
That shouldn't make a difference though. Unless he was mistaken. There's no way he could've confused Panel De Pon blocks for Tetris.
And I understand the Tetris Attack. But if he knows who Lip is then he should know that this and Tetris aren't the same game.
I know I would have confused them, but you're right it's really irrelevant. However, the leaker says he got this info from a friend "who know a guy" so he didn't see for himself what the blocks looked like. In the actual post it's says that the newcomer uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle things as well. I could see them giving Lip some Tetris attacks in addition to her Panel de Pon related attacks in order to better represent the puzzle genre she hails from. Nintendo has made a ton of amazing puzzle games over the years, but we still don't have a character to represent the genre in smash. Maybe Lip fits the bill.

Actually the leak says Diddy and whoever this Tetris newcomer is will be released this month. Could today's newcomer possibly be Lip?

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Still, if the rumor seems to at the character being a girl, then I might quite be sure this might be referring at Lip, unless Sakurai's so going to make this Super Bash Sisters, he has to even make a Tetris-rep which is a female.
That was just the leaker's opinion. The only thing he knows is that this character uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle things. He doesn't claim to know the gender, but you're right I think he's hinting at Lip with that nickname

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I know I would have confused them, but you're right it's really irrelevant. However, the leaker says he got this info from a friend "who know a guy" so he didn't see for himself what the blocks looked like. In the actual post it's says that the newcomer uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle things as well. I could see them giving Lip some Tetris attacks in addition to her Panel de Pon related attacks in order to better represent the puzzle genre she hails from. Nintendo has made a ton of amazing puzzle games over the years, but we still don't have a character to represent the genre in smash. Maybe Lip fits the bill.

Actually the leak says Diddy and whoever this Tetris newcomer is will be released this month. Could today's newcomer possibly be Lip?
Lip is a fairy.
Valentines day maybe I think I have no clue. :p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That was just the leaker's opinion. The only thing he knows is that she uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle things. He doesn't claim to know the gender, but you're right I think he's hinting at Lip with that nickname
Well, which one is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom