• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Not a day in advance, but leaks do happen. I remember watching the live stream of December’s direct, and as soon as it begun, someone on the stream’s social feed posted that Rosalina would be reveleaed for MK8 and Smash Bros. So, I say that it is possible, just not that much time before the direct itself.
Rosalina was leaked just when the Direct started, so 20 minutes before she was supposed to be shown. I think it was because there was a slip with the trailers for the Direct so that they went on Youtube too early, they stayed up for a minute or so before they were removed. I didn't spoil myself though, so it's just what I vaguely remember. Nothing Direct related leaks outside the Nintendo HQ unless they **** it up themselves though, it's just too close to them.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
If Diddy was going to be revealed than it would've been today... in Japan. But its the next day in Japan. I think its safe to say that all of the leaks that say Diddy would be revealed to day in accordance with tropical freeze are dead. I mean we got Peach instead... The day after the game comes out and we get Diddy? I don't think so. The reveal will probably have nothing to do with Diddy or Dixie. I think it will be someone else. maybe palutena? wishful thinking on my part. (this is all just a bunch of jump the gun/shark/whatever else conjecture and speculation. This is probably the least likely thing to happen but hey maybe.) Everyone seems to be stuck on the idea that its a diddy or a dixie reveal. I'm not convinced. well looks like we'll just have to wait 7 more hours...

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
And then every single leak and persons mind is destroyed by a Palutena reveal, and it turns out the Palutena leak was legit.
Not only that but the leaked screens we got were directly from the trailer. I think that would be amazing

Last edited:

Doc Croca

Smash Rookie
Personnally I think Diddy revealed during the direct would be kinda boring. I mean, he could very well be revealed with a pic of the day, but I wouldn't be disappointed if he was really announced during the ND

But I still prefer Yoshi or Falco over Diddy ><

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
There hasnt been a post in 10 minutes... Did sakurai kill you guys?! He doesnt want you all spoiling the direct... Im all alone. Jk i want a diddy+dixie. I have my fingers crossed that it happens, today.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai ain't doin to hot, his arm condition has effected both now. That one mod who wanted his arm to drop off so he can finally get someone who gives him K. Rool may get his wish.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I am just hoping this direct reveals a launch date
For Smash? I kind of doubt that. But I can see a few other games getting some release dates. So far, I've seen that Zero Suit Samus and K. Rool pictures, ZSS is clearly fake though. K. Rool's looks too flat and angular for it to be believable. Well that's how I see it anyway.

Did we get anymore interesting leaks? I heard something about an Eevee one, but I don't remember hearing the whole thing.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Okay, so we've got the Diddy-next leaks, the Dixie leaks, the Diddy+Dixie leaks, and the Shulk-next leak.

Personally, all things considered, I'd rather it be the singular Shulk leak being true, haha. Both because I like Shulk, but also because it would kill a lot of leaks but still provide a very-close opportunity for Diddy to still be revealed (that being the US DKC:TF release).

But yes, it is one leak amongst maybe 10+ claiming a Kong or Kongs, so chances are slim. Still, assuming it hasn't already been deconfirmed, I'd rather see somebody new that we "weren't expecting" than the Kongs that's we were, especially since we know that Diddy is basically 99% guaranteed to be in regardless.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Nana and Popo being revealed would completely make sense and simultaneously kill off tons of rumors. Though, that 4chan leak seemed plausible -- I think it was the one where they guessed the Nintendo Direct day correctly.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I think they will reveal Diddy & Dixie tag team because Tomorrow is S.Valentine and because today DKCTF comes out .... but I want King K Rool or Ridley ...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Did we get anymore interesting leaks? I heard something about an Eevee one, but I don't remember hearing the whole thing.
Well basically:
  • Sabure Prince was one of the two retro newcomers.
  • Dixie Kong was a newcomer.
  • Eevee Trainer of Glaceon, Slyveon, and Leafeon is a newcomer.
  • Little Mac was a newcomer.
  • Lucas, Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, Captain Falcon return
That's basically the summary of the leak. Though it's making me somewhat skeptical that Dixie is on her own if that's what it says here.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If Diddy was going to be revealed than it would've been today... in Japan. But its the next day in Japan. I think its safe to say that all of the leaks that say Diddy would be revealed to day in accordance with tropical freeze are dead. I mean we got Peach instead... The day after the game comes out and we get Diddy? I don't think so. The reveal will probably have nothing to do with Diddy or Dixie. I think it will be someone else. maybe palutena? wishful thinking on my part. (this is all just a bunch of jump the gun/shark/whatever else conjecture and speculation. This is probably the least likely thing to happen but hey maybe.) Everyone seems to be stuck on the idea that its a diddy or a dixie reveal. I'm not convinced. well looks like we'll just have to wait 7 more hours...
Finally someone see what I see

Diddy might not be revealed today but maybe the 21st (usa release of DKCTF to explain this luigi was revealed for mario bros dream team acording to his character page)

Anyway

Sakurai tweeted about this direct so that locks a character reveal today so anyone can get revealed but there are other company's who tweeted this direct

Next level tweeted it so little mac qualifys for a reveal

Monolith tweeted it so shulk qualifys for a reveal

And platinum did too so a character by platinum is possible exspecially because sakurai payed a suprise visit to them earlier
(And no I do not think bayonetta is even possible at all because she's made by sega and sonic got confirmed playable already I really don't think sakurai will let 2 sega characters in 1 game) so for my best bet if there is I'm going with wonderful red

And other overhype characters

Palutena because of the leak

Mewtwo because sakurai is probably given the AOK of revealing pokemon stuff now so he can get revealed anytime

And ofcoarse this guy is better for E3 but ridley because he is the moat requested character

And king k rool because that final boss in tropical freeze is based of king k rool judging by how his moves look

But really anyone is possible for a reveal

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyone here who actually wants Dixie? I think she sounds really boring...
I want her. I'm not particularly as hyped as i was in brawl because I feel like brawl did a good job of including characters that should have been in a while ago. Dixie is one of those characters for me. So her getting in (by herself hopefully) is the only thing I am really looking forward to this time around.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
the Smash Youtube is down! could be just me though!
So, let me put it this way.
Sakurai talks about the new Direct on his Twitter and Miiverse.
The "Challenger Approaching" banner is missing.
And then The Smash Bros Youtube channel is out, which to my knowledge only has new-...
...Guys, you know what this means? Right?

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Guys the mod keeps saying this isn't the place to post your opinions of who you want/don't want to be revealed.

So as far as that leak that said Diddy wouldn't be revealed today, I remember several other people saying "100%" Diddy would be revealed as the POD, so I think it does actually lend some credibility to that leak. Agree? Sure, you can say "lucky guess" but it's odd that they went against all of the other people with a "leak".

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
Is there anyone here who actually wants Dixie? I think she sounds really boring...
I want Dixie so much. Dkc2 was the first game I ever bought. My brother and I saved all of our money to buy it. He didn't want to play as a girl, so I played as her. I played so many hours of that game growing up. She became my favorite video game character. I would love her in smash. Every leak, I check for Dixie first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom