• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Yup. Majora's Mask is my absolute favorite Zelda game. No other game in the franchise comes close to its quality IMO.

Donkey Kong Country 2, Majora's Mask and Demon's Souls are my (current) trinity of sacred games. :dr^_^:
Majora's Mask was awesome, and you misspelled Dark Souls btw. Too bad skull kid didn't make the cut. Also I bet it's going to be Shulk revealed in the direct. I tried not to get hyped, but I am too hype right now. In all likelihood I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but this forum gets me in a conspiracy hype storm that I just can't break away from.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Majora's Mask was awesome, and you misspelled Dark Souls btw. Too bad skull kid didn't make the cut. Also I bet it's going to be Shulk revealed in the direct. I tried not to get hyped, but I am too hype right now. In all likelihood I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but this forum gets me in a conspiracy hype storm that I just can't break away from.
I am yet to play Dark Souls, but I will fix this mistake as soon as possible. I want to play the PC version, but I can't at the moment.

Agreed with the bold part btw.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
15 more hours til the direct. I'm gonna get some sleep now. Sucks that Diddy wasn't revealed, I think we can officially say that K.Rools chances are as good as dead (unortunately). Unless Sakurai pleasantly surprises me... doubt it though.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
15 more hours til the direct. I'm gonna get some sleep now. Sucks that Diddy wasn't revealed, I think we can officially say that K.Rools chances are as good as dead (unortunately). Unless Sakurai pleasantly surprises me... doubt it though.
not necessarily it matters how you look at it. if indeed diddy and dixie are paired up on one hand that gives DK a new rep so maybe K. Rool seems unlikely, on the other hand dixie comes in without taking a roster "spot" and the DK series will be able to occupy 3 "spots" with K. Rool DK Diddy and Dixie all getting in.

though imo i never thought K. Rool was very likely, though i think he'd be cool.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
not necessarily it matters how you look at it. if indeed diddy and dixie are paired up on one hand that gives DK a new rep so maybe K. Rool seems unlikely, on the other hand dixie comes in without taking a roster "spot" and the DK series will be able to occupy 3 "spots" with K. Rool DK Diddy and Dixie all getting in.

though imo i never thought K. Rool was very likely, though i think he'd be cool.
I atleast thought he was more likely than Cranky, almost as equally likely as Dixie. Espescially taking into account Japanese and Western popularity.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
<<< If it doesn't concern rumors or leaks post it in the Miiverse/Social/Direct thread, whichever one is appropriate >>>

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Dixie-diddy would be interesting. Knowing Sakurai it's gonna be something unrelated to the holiday. K. Rool, Ridley, takamaru, Mac, or whoever.... (Please be mike jones)

If it's Dixie/Diddy I'm gonna slap myself.

I don't beleive the leaks. Sakurai is too unpredictable. As for the direct leak maybe. Have directs been leaked before?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Perhaps...

You think he meant the Diddy/Dixie combo though?
Perhaps. He didn't mentioned in what capacity Diddy would be revealed on the 13th, now that you mention it.

Basically, the biggest thing that could shoot down many leaks at the moment is the Diddy-Dixie duo. So many of them go out of their way to say "Dixie is solo with a unique moveset" or "Dixie is standalone, not a clone." This would really torpedo those leaks right where it hurts.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Dixie-diddy would be interesting. Knowing Sakurai it's gonna be something unrelated to the holiday. K. Rool, Ridley, takamaru, Mac, or whoever.... (Please be mike jones)

If it's Dixie/Diddy I'm gonna slap myself.

I don't beleive the leaks. Sakurai is too unpredictable. As for the direct leak maybe. Have directs been leaked before?
im hoping for Mac myself and he has a decent shot of being revealed given what we know right now.

whatever we get it will either confirm or DE-confirm some leaks... or both, anyway exciting news on the horizon for sure.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, that person that said Diddy would NOT be revealed today... did he also include Ridley as a character in his Rumors? *hopefull*

I kinda forgot which rumor it was.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So other than a Diddy & Dixie Combo today.

What's the other possibilities?

K. Rool?
Solo Dixie?
Cranky?
Shulk?
Bayonetta?

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

K. Rool?
Solo Dixie?
Cranky?
Shulk?
Bayonetta?
The Wonderful Ones, seeing as Platinum Games is apparently involved in the Direct to some measure (given that they tweeted about it).

Other than that, you have it covered (barring the everpresent Unpredictable Sakurai factor).

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Possibilities tomorrow:

1) Diddy revealed alone
2) Dixie revealed alone
3) Tag Team
4) K Rool revealed
5) Palutena revealed, Diddy revealed for US release of TF
6) Little Mac revealed, Diddy revealed for US release of TF

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ridley is too massive to be playable, no?
Bowser is in 90% of the games he appears in, much taller than Mario than Ridley is than Samus. That, plus countless other reasons, nah, not at all. ^^

@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht
I like your triple Threats. Is there any rumor(s) still alive that say they will all Three be in?

Croco

Smash Lord
Being a preferred Yoshi player I have mixed feelings about it a baby mario an yoshi pairing.

something to think about since Valentine's day is tomorrow.. ;)

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

K. Rool?
Solo Dixie?
Cranky?
Shulk?
Bayonetta?
little mac also has a good shot: this month marks the 30th anniversary of punch-out!! and next level games tweeted about the direct and they made punch-out!! wii

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Found on Tumblr

Has this been disproven yet?
I remember some people talking about it last night, but I think the general consensus was that K. Rool looks...off. As far as actually disproven, I don't remember.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I remember some people talking about it last night, but I think the general consensus was that K. Rool looks...off. As far as actually disproven, I don't remember.
Gotcha (and I might have to admit that too - hm)

Perhaps it's me but are the button input graphics shown in those pics not entirely fitting for Wii U Gamepad?

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
Oh god... I've had to read almost 100 pages of leaks and insanity to catch up. My head... is SPLITTING. Ungh.

But from I've gathered.... this the state of current leaks:

1) Diddy was not confirmed in a Pic of the Day today. That is a positive to one leak.
2) A leak about Yoshi being revamped is on the line with the incoming Direct. It has Yoshi paired up with Baby Mario.
3) All leaks about Dixie are possibly on the line. Nintendo's Direct coincides with the release of Tropical Freeze.

Please tell me I got this right... and I can't wait for an update to the 1st post. Brain... pain... ungh... I still haven't recovered from Lucario's debut and the fear that Mewtwo maybe axed.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't think that's an existing K. Rool image, I at least haven't seen it anywhere. Kind of looks like a simple artwork made in Photoshop though. The jewel holding the cape is pretty ace though.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't think that's an existing K. Rool image, I at least haven't seen it anywhere. Kind of looks like a simple artwork made in Photoshop though. The jewel holding the cape is pretty ace though.
Yeah, the blurryness of the pic would help make it look legit with that Rosalina pic. But at least this fake/leak has some effort. ^^

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, the blurryness of the pic would help make it look legit with that Rosalina pic. But at least this fake/leak has some effort. ^^
Yeah, even if it's a fake it looks really great. Just a great reminder of how awesome it'd be to see K. Rool announced.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder how many rumours will die in 12 hours.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, even if it's a fake it looks really great. Just a great reminder of how awesome it'd be to see K. Rool announced.
Indeed. But Ridley Before Rool, right?~

Someone, zoom into that pic and confirm something, will ya? You people are usually very good at that. ^^

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
EDIT

sorry bout that seems the pic didnt show

anyway the direct is 41 minutes long so were in it for the long hual

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Indeed. But Ridley Before Rool, right?~
Ridley is obviously my most wanted, but the big wish for this game is getting both, if that comes to pass on top of getting most of the Brawl roster back + Mewtwo, then I'll believe the roster to be perfect.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ridley is obviously my most wanted, but the big wish for this game is getting both, if that comes to pass on top of getting most of the Brawl roster back, then I'll believe the roster to be perfect.
Agreed. Never played a game with Rool in, but he looks to be a very unique Baddie. ^^

Also, @ powerprotoman powerprotoman , can't see that image. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom