• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
As much as I want the 3DS version, releasing it before the console version would be extremely dumb. That makes me think this is legit, because that is exactly something Nintendo would do.
That would be extremely dumb indeed, given how much the Wii U is struggling.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
As much as I want the 3DS version, releasing it before the console version would be extremely dumb. That makes me think this is legit, because that is exactly something Nintendo would do.
It really depends if the 3DS version advertises the Wii U alot or not. But still, the most sane thing to do is release the Wii U version first.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I think they need to hire the team that made Playstation Allstars, cause the smash team doesnt know ****! they suck and get worse with every game they make. Sakurai need to suck some major Iwata **** and learn to make a smash game that us nintendo fans want!!!
Super bot is disbanded.

I don't even get what you're aiming at. Be like super bot in what way?

andimidna

Smash Master
Are there any leaks that could be right, yet another leak also be right? Or do each contradict the last?
For example:
Leak 1: Megaman and Rosalina will be playable
Leak 2: Palutena and Mewtwo will be playable
Leak 3: Palkia will be a Pokeball pokemon
Leak 4: Villager and Palkia will be playable

Leak 1 and 2 could both be right, without affecting the other. However, both 3 and 4 can't happen.
I'm sure it wouldn't look like this in the "live leaks" as Leak 1 and 3 are confirmed, and 4 is deconfirmed. I'm just curious.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think they need to hire the team that made Playstation Allstars, cause the smash team doesnt know ****! they suck and get worse with every game they make. Sakurai need to suck some major Iwata **** and learn to make a smash game that us nintendo fans want!!!
Wow, I can tell you're already going to be EVERYONE's favorite around here.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
As big of a fan as I am of PlayStation All-Stars, no.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Guys, please don't feed the troll. Just report him, set him to ignore, and let the mods deal with him.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So the "rumor/leak" is that Diddy will be revealed tonight, right? Anyone else being revealed will NOT happen, and I'm going to stay up and prove it just so I can gloat :D (I'm on topic, talking about the diddy rumor, right?)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Guys, I don't think Diddy's going to happen in a direct.

Luigi and Sonic were the only vets revealed there. Sonic is third party and had a trailer. Luigi had it being his anniversary special year.

The only way we get Diddy in a direct is if he's now paired with Dixie. I don't see them just throwing some pictures of him on there just because Tropical Freeze is around the corner. That doesn't seem special enough. <_<

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero

Luigi and Sonic were the only vets revealed there. Sonic is third party and had a trailer. Luigi had it being his anniversary special year.

The only way we get Diddy in a direct is if he's now paired with Dixie. I don't see them just throwing some pictures of him on there just because Tropical Freeze is around the corner. That doesn't seem special enough. <_<
Especially since Sakurai tweeted about this one, but not the one where we got Luigi.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The only way I think Diddy is happening in the direct is if he gets a trailer.

Which would be really odd for a first party veteran.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

exactly.

its been mentioned as a possibility we will see diddy alone announced by sakurai and then in the direct get a diddy dixie pair up trailer, this all matters to how they work together if they are indeed a pair and if so is it possible to reveal diddy alone at all.

anyway I feel like them as a pair and getting a "newcomer" trailer is the most likely thing that will happen. possibly the yoshi baby mario rumor and possibly little mac I don't see anyone else as likely right now though. The good news, i do believe we will get a "newcomer" trailer in the direct, though that newcomer might be more of a revamp than brand new (diddy/dixie or yoshi/baby mario).

also whatever we get will weed out the leaks.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The only way I think Diddy is happening in the direct is if he gets a trailer.

Which would be really odd for a first party veteran.
The only veterans I can see getting a trailer are Snake if he's back and Mewtwo if he's back.

And I'm even iffy on Mewtwo getting one.

DarkGundam

Smash Apprentice

Oh so you think Nic Cage will make me change my mind?
Oh course, he has bags of sharks!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
exactly.

its been mentioned as a possibility we will see diddy alone announced by sakurai and then in the direct get a diddy dixie pair up trailer, this all matters to how they work together if they are indeed a pair and if so is it possible to reveal diddy alone at all.

anyway I feel like them as a pair and getting a "newcomer" trailer is the most likely thing that will happen. possibly the yoshi baby mario rumor and possibly little mac I don't see anyone else as likely right now though. The good news, i do believe we will get a "newcomer" trailer in the direct, though that newcomer might be more of a revamp than brand new (diddy/dixie or yoshi/baby mario).

also whatever we get will weed out the leaks.
Even if the newcomer is more or less a revamp, we still would get a glorious GC trailer for Diddy and Dixie, so it is all good to me.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Even if the newcomer is more or less a revamp, we still would get a glorious GC trailer for Diddy and Dixie, so it is all good to me.
I'm impartial to Diddy or Diddy+Dixie - mostly because I hardly play with DK characters. All of the CGI trailers for the Newcomers have been great, though, so I'll gladly take a Diddy-Dixie-Donkey extravaganza.

But in the end, all I want is my Big Bad Kroc.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay, so Diddy wasn't revealed.

That one guy without an avatar and with an alleged insider source in here was right. Though granted, this wasn't an impossible guess, and, if Diddy and Dixie are revealed as a duo, he's outed as false anyway, since he said that wouldn't happen.

That Diddy-Dedede leak is now false as well.

Last edited:

Reila

I'm impartial to Diddy or Diddy+Dixie - mostly because I hardly play with DK characters. All of the CGI trailers for the Newcomers have been great, though, so I'll gladly take a Diddy-Dixie-Donkey extravaganza.

But in the end, all I want is my Big Bad Kroc.
I only play with Diddy, since I find DK extremely clunky to play with, so I support the idea of Dixie being the new rep, since she would obviously be a lightweight character like Diddy. Plus, Donkey Kong Country 2 is my favorite game (tied with Majora's Mask, to be more accurate). But yes, they should give us King K. Rool as well.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I only play with Diddy, since I find DK extremely clunky to play with, so I support the idea of Dixie being the new rep, since she would obviously be a lightweight character like Diddy. Plus, Donkey Kong Country 2 is my favorite game (tied with Majora's Mask, to be more accurate). But yes, they should give us King K. Rool as well.
You also reallyreallyreally like Majora's Mask? Since I joined, I've seen a few people state MM to be their favourite game (of all time).

It's certainly my favourite Zelda game ever. And if it's not my #1 game ever, it's certainly in my top 3. ;)

Reila

You also reallyreallyreally like Majora's Mask? Since I joined, I've seen a few people state MM to be their favourite game (of all time).

It's certainly my favourite Zelda game ever. And if it's not my #1 game ever, it's certainly in my top 3. ;)
Yup. Majora's Mask is my absolute favorite Zelda game. No other game in the franchise comes close to its quality IMO.

Donkey Kong Country 2, Majora's Mask and Demon's Souls are my (current) trinity of sacred games. :dr^_^:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero

It's my favorite game!

On topic: dat rainbow. Well, some leaks have been killed now, and the Direct hasn't even happened yet. This is gonna be interesting!

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Wario confirmed for tomorrow's Direct.

EDIT: Thought I posted this in the POTD thread. But the point still stands.

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Guys in all likelihood I doubt they're going to pair an vets up with any newcomers and make them a double team. Yes Diddy and Yoshi need some buff and tweaking but that doesn't mean that they're going to go an overhaul on their move sets.

Yoshi especially considering his moves are pretty dang set in stone as he is an N64 vet. Suddenly pairing him up with Baby Mario makes absolutely no sense given his "classic" status in Super Smash bros. Perhaps it could be an alternate costume, but no way Yoshi's moves are gonna change. At least not enough to be like a new character. Maybe tweak the sideB so it's not so useless.

Diddy I can see getting a few moves changed given that he definitely needs some tweaking, but he is still a unique character with a unique move set. He's not so bad that he needs to be made into a paired character like the Ice Climbers in order to be good. If Dixie is in, fantastic! If she's just an alternate costume for Diddy, that's cool too. But either way they're definitely not going to be pairing her or Diddy up with another character.

Anyway that's my 2 cents. Thought I'd share

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
Yup. Majora's Mask is my absolute favorite Zelda game. No other game in the franchise comes close to its quality IMO.

Donkey Kong Country 2, Majora's Mask and Demon's Souls are my (current) trinity of sacred games. :dr^_^:
Hype for fellow MM fans!

On topic, how many "leaks" does the fact that Diddy isn't the PotD kill?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Sorry to be slightly off topic...actually it is on topic because several leaks said diddy would be revealed, and I just heard someone saying he wasn't revealed, meaning the POD has already gone up? I don't know where to find it.

Reila

Sorry to be slightly off topic...actually it is on topic because several leaks said diddy would be revealed, and I just heard someone saying he wasn't revealed, meaning the POD has already gone up? I don't know where to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom