• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Who's Mr. Tetris? And what other character could rep Tetris that aren't already in smash?
Pikachu can rep Tetris Attack as Pokemon Puzzle League was a revamp of it. We don't need a Tetris Rep.

Did any leak guess a Fire Emblem Character for today? Since we got Rosalina after MK info, maybe if we get some SMT X FE info we might get a FE Rep.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Pikachu can rep Tetris Attack as Pokemon Puzzle League was a revamp of it. We don't need a Tetris Rep.

Did any leak guess a Fire Emblem Character for today? Since we got Rosalina after MK info, maybe if we get some SMT X FE info we might get a FE Rep.
That makes no sense. I'm guessing Mario can rep the Punch Out series since he was in the original NES title. :p

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
That makes no sense. I'm guessing Mario can rep the Punch Out series since he was in the original NES title. :p
The point was that Tetris doesn't need a rep. I just think it's stupid for anyone to think that Tetris would get a rep. And yeah that should be what happens because I don't want Punch Out to have a rep, even if I do find the NES game to be fun.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I second this response.

I'm glad you thought of something before me. I had a hard time coming up with something to reply to "Pikachu can rep Tetris Attack".

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I just think it's stupid for anyone to think that Tetris would get a rep. And yeah that should be what happens because I don't want Punch Out to have a rep, even if I do find the NES game to be fun.
Why shouldn't Tetris, of all things, NOT get a rep? It is one of the biggest "franchises" in existence.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I just think it's stupid for anyone to think that Tetris would get a rep. And yeah that should be what happens because I don't want Punch Out to have a rep, even if I do find the NES game to be fun.
Well Tetris did save the Gameboy from dying. I think that's worthy enough to have a Tetris character. :p
Even if the idea is ridiculous.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Well Tetris did save the Gameboy from dying. I think that's worthy enough to have a Tetris character. :p
Even if the idea is ridiculous.
I agree Tetris was a pretty big thing for Nintendo. It is pretty ridiculous to have a Tetris character but you know what else is ridiculous? Having a Wii Fit character, but we got one. Lip reping Tetris would certainly be a crazy unexpected twist, but Sakurai is like the M. Night Shyamalan of smash character reveals so it's possible. I think it'd be pretty awesome if you ask me.

Wat

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm going to stay away from this thread just in case we get an actual leak in the next two hours. I'm afraid of being spoiled of a new character.

D

Deleted member

He's in one of the "leaks" that's just like complete crap (plus why a fan character for a "leak?")
To be fair, it could be an actual character such as Lip.
The "Mr. Tetris" thing wasn't in the leak; it was this thread's interpretation of the female character (as in "Ms. Tetris") that is said to use Tetris blocks and other Nintendo puzzle things to fight with (the "leaker" supposedly got information from someone that didn't recognize the character, so the character is probably actually Lip).

a) Tetris Attack =/= Tetris.
Tetris Attack = Puzzle League/Panel de Pon

b) Those were Americanized releases of Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack is Yoshi's version, not Pokémon's), as in, not released in Japan.
Saying Yoshi or Pikachu "represent" Puzzle League/Panel de Pon and thus we don't need someone like Lip is idiotic.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Speak for yourself. Iron Man fan. Comic book fan in general really. There are Iron Man comics ten feet from me. I'm glad they changed the Mandarin. Not because I hate that character. But if you step back and take off your fan goggles? He's a pretty ****ing racist character. You can't exactly sell him to a general audience without offending SOMEBODY.

Don't be one of those fan boys who can't think clearly. Nobody likes those kinds of fan boys.
He was a racist character in the 60s, 90s forward is a difrent thing hell luke cage was a generic black guy when he was introduced and he is getting a netflix series.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
ha this would be dream come true if this happened on the direct

Regular free-for all gameplay with some of the already announced things from the daily pics, until at the end of the trailer, the camera slowly zooms into the hole in Pyroshere. Once enough tension is built, a big yellow eye shines from the darkness. The trailer cuts the action and ends with the release date.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
ha this would be dream come true if this happened on the direct
All aboard for Lip hype!

Just adding that there have been many rereleases of Panel de Pon/Tetris attack/Puzzle League over the years with the latest one being on the DS in 2007. In all of the Panel de Pon games released, Lip has made an appearance. This only applies to Japan though, all other releases do not feature her. However, I don't think that matters as it demonstrates that Nintendo of Japan has not forgotten her. This added to the colossal popularity of Tetris worldwide makes Lip a strong candidate for Super Smash Bros.

Plus in Panel de Pon, Lip fights villains with puzzle battles

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Ummm it would almost certainly be Lip guys... Panel De Pon is very popular in japan and has already been seen a few times in smash she's always been up there for the "sakurai's wacky out of left field" choice spot.

That's definitely who the leaker was alluding to, fake or not it was a not so subtle way of saying Lip.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Ummm it would almost certainly be Lip guys... Panel De Pon is very popular in japan and has already been seen a few times in smash she's always been up there for the "sakurai's wacky out of left field" choice spot.

That's definitely who the leaker was alluding to, fake or not it was a not so subtle way of saying Lip.
That's what I've been saying this whole time! Nintendo throws us curve balls all the time. Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B., Mr. Game and Watch, and Ness for 64. If somebody had suggested that these characters would get in before that information was released people would call you crazy. We gotta start expecting the unexpected.

*too lazy to search*

What's this Lip rumor you all are yammering on about?
It's GaeozHero Leak's mention of a character who uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle things to attack being released this month. Could be Lip from Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
That's what I've been saying this whole time! Nintendo throws us curve balls all the time. Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B., Mr. Game and Watch, and Ness for 64. If somebody had suggested that these characters would get in before that information was released people would call you crazy. We gotta start expecting the unexpected.

It's GaeozHero Leak's mention of a character who uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle things to attack being released this month. Could be Lip from Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack.
Lip is actually one of my most wanted characters; I tend to like the characters that have a "personal" history with myself and gaming. Punch-Out!! was my favorite NES game and I was the only kid I knew who could get to mike tyson so little-mac has been a character I've wanted to see since Melee. Mario RPG was my favorite SNES rpg while most of my friends preferred chrono trigger and earth bound (I still like those games but Mario rpg felt like it was MY rpg...among my friends anyway) so that's why I jumped aboard the Geno hype train during brawl.

Although I've never played panel de pon, I LOVED tetris attack and used to be nasty at it. Same with pokemon puzzle league and then I later found out that they came from "panel de pon", so Lip would feel like one of those character I have a "personal" history with in my gaming background and I'd main her if she got in (little-mac pending, if they both got in i'd go with Mac but it woul be a tough choice haha).

Not sure if I believe this leak at all but I'd be VERY happy if we got Lip!

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Hey GreenReaperGod, WarioBros already poked out the affected leaks in the OP, but yours has 23 or is it 24 again? Active leaks, credible or not, how many on your end are affected?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
To be fair, it could be an actual character such as Lip.
The "Mr. Tetris" thing wasn't in the leak; it was this thread's interpretation of the female character (as in "Ms. Tetris") that is said to use Tetris blocks and other Nintendo puzzle things to fight with (the "leaker" supposedly got information from someone that didn't recognize the character, so the character is probably actually Lip).

a) Tetris Attack =/= Tetris.
Tetris Attack = Puzzle League/Panel de Pon

b) Those were Americanized releases of Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack is Yoshi's version, not Pokémon's), as in, not released in Japan.
Saying Yoshi or Pikachu "represent" Puzzle League/Panel de Pon and thus we don't need someone like Lip is idiotic.
Ok my apologies, I didn't know that Tetris Attack and Panel de Pon were the same thing. But next time instead of acting like a jerk about it, you could talk with a little bit more respect.

That still doesn't change the fact I think the game doesn't need Lip, or any other type of Tetris character. That was the point I was trying to make.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But next time instead of acting like a jerk about it, you could talk with a little bit more respect.
He wasn't being a jerk about it.

Never insulted you.

Just said that a certain thinking process was "idiotic."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom